It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:13 am

Turnips and Cucumbers (OAFS vs. Saints, WoR & CD2) 
Stablehand

Lothis laughed like a madman after reading the note for the one hundred and ninth time. The demands were a joke.

Surely Chiron knew I would not give into those demands. Well there's only one answer. My scouts will avenge their brethren.

Lothis found his second in command and told him to order the drow to poison their water supply, ruin their crops, and slaughter any and all live stock they can find.

While you are at it, kill all non-drow you encounter. That is, except the man that Dervec described that was delivering the letter. Take the most lethal of our poisons to do it along with the hand crossbows. Do not go near the castle. If you are caught, suicide is your only option! Move out!

Lothis returned to his friend Dervec.

Chiron will awake to find no sustinance within his lands.

Lothis chuckled again.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:15 pm
Stablehand

Fawn waited in Lothis's underground chamber. She was amused. There were many seeming discrepancies in OAFS. It was almost as if they did not communicate with each other. Or perhaps they were merely insane. Perhaps that was the cost of such a large guild. Personally, Fawn preferred a smaller guild where she knew everyone and everyone knew her... and where she would be able to monitor signs of insanity. Fawn had received correspondence from Lothis describing his messages to and from his kingdom. She found the entire situation either aburdly funny or terribly wrong. She still wasn't sure which.

Finally, a page arrived to lead her to Lothis. She followed the page till she saw the familiar drow. Leaning her wispy frame in the doorway, she chuckled and said, "What insanities have they done now, Lothis?"

Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:12 pm
Stablehand

Several Days have passed since Chiron's cousin had returned toting a message from Dervec, claimed ally and friend of Lothis. Upon inspection of the note Syphus felt some relaxation towards the tense situation. His instinct told him to be weary of false pretenses but he hoped the situation would be resolved and his own outragous demands would be met with compromise for the death of his prized pet.

But alas, the heathens message was trickery, a pure and simple rout. The claim that both parties were now even, nothing more then a stall tactic so drow could infiltrate his kingdom. Farms and villages lay in ruin all across his lands. Thousands of hard working innocent peasants lay dead. Posioned by the arch and evil blood of the Crimson Dawn. But as with everything, the flood of insurgents had been fought back. Shakes laying in the dark recesses of his kingdom lurched out in six eyed fury. Many Drow would be returning to their lairs minus a hand or two. Many would not be returning at all. They would suffer a fate worse then immeadiate death. Hung on poles they will suffer for days until the elements finally do away with their broken bodies.

OUTRAGE!!! Damn dispicable heathens. They want a war. I shall Give them a war. Lothis and his friend Dervec shall pay. Not even enough honor to attack me head on, they play games in the fields and villages of my kingdom. To afraid to approach the steadfast resolve of my fortresses are they? Well they need not worry I shall bring my fortesses to them

With that said, Chiron stormed out of his keep. Riding hard to a valley below, he entered an abandoned mineshaft. Expanding into a large hollowed out cavern, he stopped

Arise my minions, Our land has been tainted and soiled by those Drow of the Crimson Dawn. They have attacked unwarranted and we shall now repay the favor. The grim reaper will have much work to do in a few days, and your bellies will be full of succulent drow meat. Now rise fast my minions and let us go to war.

With that last word chanted the walls of the cavern began to move. Nubash began to pour out of the cavern in a disorganized mob. A plague of fearsome beasts to cleanse the disnhonor from the Crimson Dawn. A tidal wave of pure stone would soon sweep across those lands of Dervec and Lothis. Lacking most traces of heat, the Nubash almost completely unseen would slaughter those drow in their underground lair. For if the drow are the princes of shadows and stealth then the Nubash were the kings of the underground.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:37 am
Stablehand

Lothis sat in the chair in room of the guildhouse labeled "Boss's Office" feasting upon the food stolen from the Droben kingdom his minions raided. Dervec was with him. He hadn't noticed if Dervec had eaten any, but he did tell Dervec he was welcome to it.

Ah Fawn, how are you? You are looking exceptionally lovely today. Insanities eh... Haha! Perhaps we are all getting a little insane. Sit down and join me and I'll tell you. I recently got into a verbal spat with one of those OAFS... well he decided to send a dragon of all things to send me a message and my people killed it, not knowing it was a messenger of course. I sent an emisarry in return and I recieved a note a few weeks later saying that the emisarry was being used as food and it was followed with demands that I surrender 50 males and females along with a couple of other equally absurd demands. I sent them 50 males and females alright. They stole crops, poisoned water, and desecrated livestock. I know some of them didn't make it back, but they were under strict orders to injest a poison that makes their body deadly poisonous to eat as well as kill them, that is if they were caught. I expect this will not go without retaliation, so I am having the lookouts prepare to collapse the passages if things get bad. You and Dervec need to be careful.

Lothis picked up a turnip and devoured it defiantly.

Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:40 pm
Stablehand

Looking out at his great kingdom he saw 12 bodies burning on stakes on the outskirts of his lands. Once again he had caught those of the guilds CD2, that had begged out of the war but jumped back in as soon as they had built up... hmm that was curious, but i looked past. but after a ceasefire was called, the attacks continued until the very end... Why had they played like unhonerable girls? maybe we shall never know, but the fact of the war are there.

Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:39 pm
Stablehand

Fawn shook her head in dismay. "Well I fear this war is drawing to a close. Though we dented the OAFs quite severely, it seems CD2 has taken the brunt of it... I have not been able to reach Lord Graham for days. I know not whether he lives or..." Fawn paused, unwilling to consider the alternative. "Surely he has other things to attend to."

Fawn began to pace the hall and sighed. "I just don't know what to do now. We are of such a small guild, and these larger guilds wish to overrun all the smaller and 'weaker' guilds. But small does not equal weak, as I think we have proven. Nevertheless, I have not enough experience to continue the Crimson Dawn, and I doubt you do either, or Dervec. I have not heard from Graham and until I do... I can only assume that he has fallen under some dire circumstances." Fawn shivered. "Well at least I think we should reach out to some of the other guilds. Undoubtedly some of the others from OAFs razings will do the same. What say you Lothis? Perhaps we should meet with Dervec as well to determine what to do?"

Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:56 am
Stablehand

Post war
As Chiron's forces neared the entrance of Lothis's underground lair a general halt was called to his forces. His nubash were mostly unseen in the night air while a misty fog helped conceal what was left to be seen. As was most appropriate he would wait till the crimson dawn of the day before storming into the underground. Every drow would be murdered in retribution, as was only fit.

As the hours past shakes sent abroad returned with news of confusion in the kingdom. It seemed from scattered reports that the Dawn's leadership had disappeared. Pondering the situation Chiron unsheathed his blade and wondered alone to the entrance of Lothis's lair.

Approaching the entrance two drow seemed to appear in the hazy sky, posion blades raised ready to end his life.

Stop, I'm here to tell Lord Lothis that I shall let his kingdom be. No more blood shall be shed by my hand until the Crimson Dawn is unified under an official banner once again. Peace shall reign until we find our guilds meet in the fields again. What be your word Lothis?

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:48 am
Stablehand

Stop, I'm here to tell Lord Lothis that I shall let his kingdom be. No more blood shall be shed by my hand until the Crimson Dawn is unified under an official banner once again. Peace shall reign until we find our guilds meet in the fields again. What be your word Lothis?

The two guards looked at the man and at each other and then began to talk amongst each other. A few moments later one stepped forward and spoke in the language of Humans.

I will forward this message to the boss. My buddy here will stay with you and make sure you don't pull nothin' while I'm gone.

With that, the drow made his way through the city and to Lothis's thieves' guild.

Boss, there's some guy here saying he's not gonna fight us anymore until Crimson Dawn pulls itself together again. He wants to know if you are ok with that.

Lothis pondered for a moment.

Yes, that will be fine. I consider us even anyways.

Lothis tossed the drow a half eaten cucumber.

Give this to him. Let it remind him that though I may not be strong enough to defeat him, or the other OAFS, that I will certainly fight until the end.

The drow nodded and went back to the entrance of the city.

The boss said he's done with fighting and he wanted me to give you this.

The drow tossed the half eaten cucumber to the man.

Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:02 pm