It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Tiavain Streets ~Magic Shoppes and Colleges 6~ Open To All 
Stablehand

Tanarri wasn't just going to let her run loose in the city. She was rather like a monkey springing out the building then transforming her acts to that of a spider, scaling walls and sorts. A bit hard to keep up with but definitely not hard to find. He had her scent and very much could feel her aura. He took to the air himself startling many of the citizens in the streets with his crude transformation. The wings sprouting from his back giving a bit of horrific sight at first. He chased her down over the roof tops. He smelled the air for her, tracking it down like a prey.

He come to the spot where her trail seemed to carry off but her sense very much strong. He didn't see her but saw well the busted door. He dropped from the roof as his wings melded within his body. He didn't bother to draw his blade but rushed inside the building.

Get out here! You're going to have to tell me what you want. Just stating 'give me what I want' doesn't mean a damn thing. You lost all coherence to give a proper description or just like playing riddles, which I serious doubt. It seems apparent you're already on your own looking for what you want.

He knew she could here him. He was too busy assessing where she went than looking around where he was at. He kept on following as he did to track her here.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:02 am
Stablehand

"Well uh both I was telling you about the event since you did not seem to know about it. And ummm well I was asking you to go if you would want to go something like that. I was not sure if you would be, ah hell I must sound as stupid as can be right now asking you to go with me but I am not sure how else to go about this. I am not good with this stuff at all. Thier lands are part of the Isonia lands that is all that I truly know. "

A smile curved upon the auburn-haired, emerald-eyed elfess' lips. It was amusing to see the youngling, atleast he was young in comparison to her, stumbling over his words. So far the Gatekeeper hadnt smacked her to pay attention as he was involved with the shopkeeper about the items brought for sale. Keeping her tone low, Ayashah spoke softly.

"I think a ball sounds like a wonderful idea. You may find me at House Tarrant grounds. I will need to know when, where and want the theme is so I dress appropriately."

Leaning against the counter, a bag held open upon it, Ayashah's smile carried warmth while her emerald eyes studied Quinn.

Tarrant[/shadow]

Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:29 am
Stablehand

He had smiled remembering he had one of the invitations in his pocket and he handed her the invitation.

I can be found at the House Nim Ostas for that is where my family resides. I believe my cousin said we would leave early in the day, I hope that it does not interfere with anything that you would need to do. I am glad you accepted m'lady. I look forward to going to the ball now.

He smiled as he bowed slightly to her and then went and finished getting the things that he needed to get. He smiled and walked around not seemingly so clumsy anymore he was concentrating hard not to look anymore the fool then he probably already did.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:04 am
Stablehand

"What the hell do you think you're doin-" Was the first and last words the House Butler managed to utter, in an indignant voice that was full of arrogance. A half second after she had knocked the door from its hinges, he had come to see, spoke, and now lay on the floor, twitching in a quickly growing pool of his own blood.

"Ssss just the absolute darkest dream you have ever had, come to life." She snarled, then leapt half way up the stairs. Behind her, someone screamed, and then ran through the shattered door, another of the house staff she noted absently. Unimportant, and marked for death at a later time and place. She ascended the stairs on all fours, and stood on two feet, walking down the hallway towards what she remembered as the study.

It was empty of everything she had put there before, even the clock. She quite liked that clock, along with the tomes containing spells that she had spent months perfecting - spells that could cause undue physical harm to a person, leaving them an empty shell, a vague remnant of what they were before, yet still full capable of being willing slaves. Spells that could increase the length of torture a body could endure by many times. Spellso f the darkest nature, and of course, spells of penultimate destruction.

[i]That thieving bitch Astavia....probabaly had them all destroyed. I shall destroy her...rip her limb from limb and pleasure myself with what is left of her body....[i]

But the panel was still there. With eyes of an elder of both races of semi-mortals, she could see the hidden panel clearly, though the present occupants and probably even the Mistress of this city itself would never learn of its existence. She eased over to it, regardless of anyone being in the room, and touched the panel.

Get out here! You're going to have to tell me what you want. Just stating 'give me what I want' doesn't mean a damn thing. You lost all coherence to give a proper description or just like playing riddles, which I serious doubt. It seems apparent you're already on your own looking for what you want.

She froze where she was, then dashed into the hallway, snarling wickedly as she went back to the stairwell.

The man had followed her, and she was not amused. She flexed oversharp claws, and clenched her fists until blood dripped from them.

Her nostrils began to smolder, such was her rage - and slowly she began to walk the last few feet to the edge of the stairwell....

Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:03 pm
Stablehand

C'ink approached the building from which he heard the noise within a few minutes. When he was about fifty yards from the front door, he saw a man with demonic wings landing hastily on the ground before him. He didn't seem to notice C'ink, as he was more concerned with someone or something inside the house.

At first sight, C'ink assumed that the flying demon was the creature Thenician spoke of and prepared t attack. However, it was not attack any of the bystanders and it was also unlikely that a flying creature would need to burst open a door. C'ink resisted the urge to attack until he was more aware of the situation. Normally he would rampage in a city and singlehandedly slaughter anything that breathed, and many things that didn't too. In Tiavain, however, he knew better. This was a dangerous place for someone of his temperment.

C'ink finally reached the front gate of the estate and saw the demon about to enter the door.

"Hey you!" C'ink shouted out at Tanarri. The large hat he wore cast a dark shadow from the afternoon sun. His facial features were well hidden. The large poncho he had hid his leathry skin and talonned hands. He also kept his tail curled up a bit to keep it hidden under the poncho as well. The only feature that could be seen if any bothered to look would be his talonned feet. An obvious give-away, but if anyone asked he could make up any number of excuses. Or kill them.

"Are you responsible for what's been going on here?" C'ink's voice was cold and raspy. Normally, any who heard it, along with his usualy vicious undertone, would at least get a little nervous, if not panic altogether. However, he doubted the demon would be intimidated. Surely he himself had an equally intimidating voice in his full demonic form.

C'ink continued his approach toward Tanarri as he spoke, and stopped at arm's reach by the time he finished his sentence.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:39 pm
Stablehand

Tanarri craned his head around to peer at the man who called him out. He didn't know what to think at first for any stranger to just walk up like he did. Wasn't hasty in the reactions to be one of the house tenents nor in some fashion as a city guard. Obviously a stranger with no mind of caution. His voice was very much calm but had that warning tone.

Get out of here stranger.....this doesn't have to have your involv....

Before he could finish his last word he whipped his head around to take sight of Aeyliea. He shook his head disdainfully at the sight of her. He took a couple steps towards her when his foot hit a liquidly substance. He stopped to look down and see yet more blood again. He quickly followed to the body of a butler. Tanarri wasn't pleased at all. Things were getting unnecessarily out of hand.

You got a problem....I think you dont realize that killing people gets what you want. Sure as hell causing you more problems then you wish for. I know because I'm here now to be in your face every inch of this city till you leave. So unless you tell me why you're here and what the freak you want you're going to be dealing with an army. You going to tell me now.

Tanarri stood firm in his position waiting for her to speak or make some action but it wasn't like he didn't come prepared with a few things in mind.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:12 am
Stablehand

C'ink became a little irritated as the man stop midsentence to adress someone else. His frustration was relieved a bit as he heard Tanarri speak. Apparently, he was here seeking the same target as C'ink.

Knowing this, C'ink quickly went through the door and pushed Tanarri out of the way as he walked past. The shove was more plain rude than forceful. He soon stopped in the middle of the front room, listening and sniffing the air. These two things he excelled at as a creature built to hunt and destroy.

"You there!" C'ink shouted over his shoulder at Tanarri. "You are a soldier of this city?"

C'ink wasted no time in waiting for either a reply or recognition from the man.

"You may stay." He said taking off his hat and tossing it aside. Revealing his red leathery skin. "But do not get in my way."

He normally wouldn't let anyone fight with him. But given the fact that he still believed he was facing a newer, improved version of himself, he thought the demon might prove to at least be a temporary decoy. C'ink then pulled off his poncho and tossed it aside along with the hat. Revealing his sleak naked form. Tail, talons, and all. Though as a magical construct, he has no need for most organs. Aside from a strong set of lungs, a liver capable of purifying any poison immediately, two hearts, and one evil cunning mind, the rest of his slender mass is pure muscle.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:39 am
Ms. Evernight

The black curtain fell behind her closing off the interior of the stall to the rest of the Bazaar. Smiling at Gor, she approached the makeshift counter.

"Vendui Gor. My apologies for interrupting earlier. It was not my intent to intrude."

From within her cloak, she withdrew a small pouch, which clinked as she placed it upon the counter. "This is the price we agreed upon. So, if you have my goods, I shall be quickly gone and you may go about whatever other business it is you might have to do." She said, her eyes making steady contact with Gor's one, the smile still upon her face.

Gor's one eye flashed as he picked up the pouch, spilling it's contents onto the upturned wooden crates. He did not like it when anyone referred to his business. That was for him and him alone. He deliberately took his time counting out the coin, placing the coins one on top of the other in a neat pile, Cruella's eyes upon him the whole time.

When he was satisfied that his price had been met, he nodded to her. "I have yer goods Mistress."

From the many shelves behind him, he took down three containers, placing them on the counter in front of the half-elven drowess. "Here ye go."

He picked up a small jar, removing the lid and holding it under her nose. The side of his mouth which could still grin, did so, as she pulled back slightly. She was wise this one, no doubt she held her breath also. Some of his goods could be administered through inhalation. This one, though could not.

"Relax Mistress. I do not harm my best customers. That would kill my profits. This is the Sleepers Poison you asked for, the Sinner's Scythe. You know your business. I will give you that. I do not trust anyone either."

Cruella said nothing, but leant forward once again, seeing the pale brown paste within the jar. It smelled of apples or pears. She had used it before, long ago. It tastes as sweet as it smells. She remembered how easy it had been to add it a sweet cake and how it had been served to guests, none suspecting what was inside. It had only affected one, the one it had been intended for, which made it so perfect for what she had planned now. Sinner's Scythe kills only those of a certain alignment, thus it can be slipped into the food of a whole group and still only affect a single individual, despite how many others safely eat it.

Gor placed the lid back on the jar. Her victim would never know that they had been poisoned. It would sap their vitality and their leadership, making them lethargic, lazy and shiftless, unable to fend for themself. They would need the assistance of someone, for the would be so withdrawn, so helpless without the assistance of someone. If left without help, they would eventually starve to death. Of course, she would not let that happen.

She picked the jar up and placed it within her cloak. "And these? These are the Agony and the Blackrot Paste?" She asked gesturing to the vial and the other jar.

"Aye." Came the reply. Gor was a man of few words when dealing with his clients. The less he knew about them and their purposes the better, so he knew better than to wonder why she would want the vial. It held Agony, a highly addictive potion, not carried by any other dealer that he knew of in the city. Time would tell. If she ordered it often, then more than likely she ordered it for herself. So long as she paid, he did not care what she used it for.

The other jar contained a gritty gray paste. Cruella had asked Gor to make it for her, as in it's orignianl powdered form, it could easily be inhaled, so working with it was quite dangerous. Gor had no doubt that she intended this to be smeared onto whatever weapon she used. Poor unsuspecting person who got stuck by this beauty. If she didn't kill him, the blackrot would. Why even a pin prick could infect the unsuspecting victim. The symptoms of blackrot poisoning were not pretty, resembling the plague for which the poison was named. Painful open sores appear on the victim's body, their breathing would become difficult and they would suffer a raging fever. Unlike plague though, the victim would not be contagious and would not be helped by cure disease, which is how the healers would try to treat it, thinking it plague.

She is a sly one, this one. Very subtle, Gor thought. He would not want to be on the wrong side of her.

"I thank you, Gor. It is always a pleasure doing business with you." Cruella said as she secured the Agony and the Blackrot within her cloak. With a sweet smile at the disfigured man, she left lifted the black curtain and walked out into the Bazaar. Gor was left within, surrounded by the lingering perfume of her cloak.

With seeming leisure, Cruella walked through the Bazaar and out into the street. The sun was setting as she made her way towards the Inn where she was to meet Mantella.

The Common room was busy when she entered, conversations breaking ever so slightly as the perfume of her rose cloak wafted over the patrons, drifting on the fresh air that had gained entrance with her when she had opened the door. She spotted Mantella in a dark corner. How reminiscent of old times.

She made her way over to him, pulled out the chair opposite him and sat down. "I hope I haven't kept you waiting long." She said, as she shrugged off the cloak with a seductive motion, revealing the silky smooth skin of her neck and chest above the bodice of her red gown. The movement shook the roses, causing them to emit more scent and the area around the table was sweet with the scent of them.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:49 pm
Stablehand

Mantella's roving eyes caught Cruella's entrance and followed her across the room to his table.
"I hope I haven't kept you waiting long."
"Not at all Ilharess." he replied with a smirk as she shrugged off the cloak.
"That is quite the impressibe cloak. Even in this city of wizards and magic I don't think I've ever seen a garment of the sort. How did you come by such a thing."
Of all the questions the mercenary had for his former employer that was the one he cared least about, though admittedly he still was a bit interested to find out. But he knew a thing or two about interogation, having, during his travels, participated in several, on both sides, and one of the basic princibles of interogation was to never start with the heart of the matter, the important questions must always be built too.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:39 pm
Ms. Evernight

In the Common Room of the Inn Across from The Bizarre Bazaar

Her cloak.

Cruella's fingers brushed the leaves gently, avoiding the sharp thorns which curved from the interwoven green canes.

"It was a gift." She replied simply, her green eyes taking on a far away look. She stared over Mantella's shoulder, obviously transported beyond the walls of the Inn for a moment. A thorn pricked her finger. She brought the wounded tip to her mouth, sucking the bead of blood which welled from it.

"It was given to me by the Onodrim* of the Forest of Reshekeil. By their chieftain, Eponok. They still dwell there, the last of their kind. Older than time. The ancients, I always called them when I was a child...." She lay her wounded hand in the palm of the other, looking down upon it, then folded her hands and rested them upon the table.

Cruella looked around the room. From behind her a rather loud woman's voice, cried out, "Ahhh-haha! Johnny! You've been gettin' into that absinthe again, havntcha? BARKEEP! BOOZE!"

Cruella shook her head and shot Mantella an amused look. "Inns and taverns are always such good sources of entertainment. I used to spend a great deal of time in an inn, much like this...." Her voice trailed off. "But that was long before I knew you, and times and people change."

Her green eyes looked across at him, the corners crinkling slightly, as her red lips curved upwards in a teasing smile. "Pray tell Mantella, what do you really wish to know about me and my life now, besides the origins of my cloak?"

*Onodrim: another word for Ents

Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:51 pm
Stablehand

She slinked onto the banister railing, and glared down fro mthe dark at the top of the stairs. Two perfectl viable victims to add to the many she had allready claimed while she was here. Two more corpses.

"I want my ring, ignorant man. How can one such as you possibly call an army, when you not not what your mistress keeps of mine?" She snarled at him, lips curled back to reveal her bloodied fangs. She leaned against the rail, panting as if in heat. She could almost see their naked bodies, eviscerated and drained of their precious life blood. She could pleasure herself for hours upon their cooling corpses.

She grinned manicly. And then she leapt, a thundering crash as she smashed bodily through the wall to the left of the stair with such astonishing speed that it was hard to believe that she had ever been there at all. There was a shaking crash as she hit another wall, and then a spray of plaster and wood splinters as she very nearly materialized out of nothing, behind Tanarri. She lept upon his back agily, and placed her claws at his throat.

"I wuld very much like to have your face in mine every inch of this city - in fact, I think I'll take it from you!" She spat at him, her soft, warm body smearing the blood and gore from her previous killings upon the mans back.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:32 pm
Stablehand

There is an old expression among the humans, and Avanth rather fancied it at this particular moment.

If you can't beat them, join 'em.

"Dear lady, I have long left the absinthe alone thank you very much. But you know how we wizards are - from one day to the next you can never tell if your still in the same plane of existence you were the previous day" And even knowing that I am, sometimes I wonder if this one isn't filled with lunatics anyway.

He leaned back in the chair, and rather than waiting for a barkeep of any sort to appear, he simply manifested a drink. Two. Perhaps if she got drunk she would turn out to be less annoying.

Urge....to....destroy world....rising...

Yes. Less annoyance was what he needed. He manifested a rather large bottle of unmarked liquor to go with what was allready in the glasses, and smiled to think he would remember the concoction known simply as scumble in many parts. It was made from apples.

Well, mostly apples.

He picked up his glass, and looked at the woman reflectively. "Perhaps, just perhaps, there has been a huge accident and one of us had their...."brain-pan"....rewired. I certainly hope for my sake it was yours." He said, and then down the glass of whatever it was.

Apples. Right.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:40 pm
Stablehand

"You read me too well Ilharess. It makes me nervous." he replied as she asked what he really wanted to know. "Of course, I expect no less out of you."
It was true she did tend to make him a bit nervous. She was the only person he'd ever seen as a threat. Mantella had always been confident in his abilities, over confident perhaps, but he recognized her as his match perhaps even his better. He had even at times wen he worked for her contemplated killing her, to eliminate the threat... but something always held him back.

"I do wonder what became of you after the... decline of the Velve. Something about you seems changed, more than can be attributed to the years. What is it Ilharess?"
He only just then noticed that he still was reffering to her by her formal title... it was what he had always called her, but it did not fit so well anymore. A force of habit perhaps... a habit five years out of use still having its effects.

The cold blue eyes of the mercenary hidden in shadow gazed deepling into the emerald eyes of Cruella... yes something had certainly changed in her, but what?

Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:01 pm
Stablehand

It seemed to take forever to look through the array of junk around me. Dusty, rusty or broken. I could not tell what half of them were for or whether they were even magickal. They must keep the most useful magickal items somewhere else, I supposed. Tiring of the dusty and smoky Shoppe, I thought about cutting short my shopping expedition and going to meet my Lord Cameron sooner. But look there; the light on something sparkled from out of the dimness at the back of one of the shelves. Peering behind an old elaborate hookah pipe with only one of its multi-coloured silk thread covered tentacles missing, I could see a smallish ball. Much too small for a scrying ball I could easily encircle it in both hands. Just sitting there and glistening slightly where the coating of dust had been rubbed away. Now if it was of the same sort as in the old book on the Art of Illusion, Mirage fest lons Sands, then I would be so very pleased. For if I had here found a Sphera Discipule, a Students Sphere, I would have absolute freedom to practice all and any Illusion magick I desired with no need to torment any real subjects!

Reaching forward to move the hookah pipe out of the way, I did not realise the weight of the thing and watched cringing as I unbalanced the whole thing off the shelf! With an embarrassingly loud crash, it landed flailing all its remaining tentacles so that another one fell out from its socket on the pipe. I felt like I had all the grace of an wampyr in a china shop at this moment and did not dare move, unsure whether a 'Lady' should pick up after herself. My guard thankfully salvaged the moment and bent down picking up the dented pipe, the detached hose in his other hand. Quickly glancing around the store to see if I could possibly have avoided attention, I was relieved to notice that there were less patrons still in the Shoppe than before and if any had noticed the commotion, none were showing too much interest.

No need to put it back, we shall have to purchase it, I said in answer to the guard's questioning look. So now I could see the globe properly and I noticed with interest the five-legged metal stand it was upon; another clue to its identity. A beautiful stand, finely wrought in silver metal with five 'fingers' matching the feet upon which the clear sphere sat. I picked the globe up and brushed off the dust with my hands careful not to drop dust onto my gold gown.

Heavy but not cold, of clear outer crystal and some sort of liquid inside where the sparkling particles now swirled around so much more visible with the dust removed. This was it. I was sure of it. Picking up both the sphere and its stand myself, I moved to the other end of the store where I could purchase it. My guard followed with the broken hookah pipe which was almost as long as one of his arms, while keeping a hold of its remaining three hoses. Placing the sphere on its stand at the end of the counter, I waited for one of the odd shopkeepers to serve me, quietly looking over the potion vials and avoiding eye contact with the other shoppers.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:23 pm
Stablehand

"Always such a thoughtful guy, Johnny! Salt o' the earth, lemme tell ya...don't let nobody say different, ol' buddy ol' pal. If they do, I'll defenestrate 'em."

The glass Avanth poured for Six then vanished with a rapidity matched only by the annihilation of small fires under a ravageing downpour. She grabbed the glass, knocked the entire contents down in a single pass and slammed it back down onto the table. What followed this was a demonstration of the effects of incredibly long term alcoholism. She belched in an entirely unladylike fashion, although not quite so loud as to impress, and went for the bottle.

"Cider, Johnny? You aren't still bitter about that whole thing with Janice are ya?" she asked, pouring herself another glass. Not waiting for an answer, she knocked it back and lined up a third shot.
[center]~~~~~
THE ANSWER IS NO![/center]

Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:53 am
Stablehand

And yet again, another polite, stare. It was as if his features froze in place, as if he could not possibly comprehend what he was seeing. And what he was seeing was a woman downing something that humans sometimes used to sterilize cats, knock horses out, and in some cases, to become very vertically challenged, and eventually horizontaly challenged as well. Drops from the glass sizzled on the wooden table, burning holes through as if the table were made of sugar.

Something caught and started again inside his mind, and the blank expression was replaced by a subtly different blank expression. "Yeah. Salt of the earth. Thats me." He muttered, thinking of how much of those he had wronged would have agreed. Probably none, but being dead makes things very difficult in that aspect. He simply sighed, and poured himself a drink, and drank it with the casual ease of someone who has no intention of going anywhere anytime soon, and for whom getting drunk is simply a matter of willingness. And it was, of course.

"Whats this thing about Janice?" He asked, trying to sound as though he were simply forgettful of whatever event tthat may be.

Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:32 pm
Stablehand

With C'ink gone, Thenician took a few minutes to explain the situation to Aerin, who was still standing idly confused.

"Is there anything I can do, Thenic?" she asked, beginning to understand what he told her.

"Well, normally I'd let the authorities deal with this type of matter." he replied with a tone of doubt. "But I just can't leave this one alone. Where is Xeryn?"

"She went out earlier, didn't say where."

"That's fine, she can take care of herself. In the meantime, we're going to see if anyone knows anything about this creature. It might turn out to be nothing, but I have a gut feeling."

Aerin nodded in agreement. She knew why Thenician wanted to bring her along. Since Thenician was not authorized to carry weapons in Tiavain, he would be practically defenseless without a sword. He could ignore the law and carry one anyway, but that would likely lead to one of the officials asking some questions and conficating it. Aerin, on the other hand, was a master of unarmed combat. As such, she made the perfect bodyguard for an unlicenced person such as Thenician.

She walked back into another room of the house and came back out a minute later with a black satin ribbon. She took another minute to weave and braid the ribbon through her long light hair and tie it stiffly out of the way.

Meanwhile, Thenician took the time to make sure the hidden cellar was locked and the goblet back in its place on the shelf. Once both were done, Aerin followed Thenician out of the house.

"There's a man I know who does business in the Bizarre Bazaar, he probably doesn't know much about it. But he might be able to point me in the right direction." Thenician announced as the two exited the property in the Bainev District.

"Are we gonna rough him up?" Aerin asked casually.

"Probably not." he replied with a slight chuckle. "But I'll let you know if I change my mind."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a short walk, the two arrived under the crowded tents of the Bizarre Bazaar. They took their time in getting through the crowds, taking care not to upset anyone or bring too much attention to themselves. The caution was unnecessary, however, as it seemed word had gotten out already about the recent killings. The murmur in the air was all about a djinn, a desert ifreet, a dervish, a demon, a vampire. Nobody seemed to know what it was, but everyone pretended they knew everything about it already.

How typical... thought Thenician. He figured that with everyone pretending to know something about it, getting some real facts would be difficult.

Finally, they arrived at a small tent near the back of the Bazaar. Thenician was no amature, he took a peak into the tent in a very obvious and obnoxious way. To signal to anyone inside that he was entering and to be careful what they discuss. Privacy was key in any business, after all. It was only logical to respect the privacy of others. He was pleased to see the tent was vacant, with the exception of the one-eyed chemist, Gor.

Thenician motioned for Aerin to follow him, and the two went inside. He stood across the table from Gor and grinned slyly.

"Hello Gor." Thenician opened with a witty tone. To which Gor replied with complete silence, and a look of shock on his face.

"Oh, come on now. Don't tell me you're still upset about that." He could not hold back the smile as he said it.

"How 'bout I alter your face?"
-Thenician Dusk

Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:56 am
Stablehand

"Never mind!" she explained. If Johnny didn't remember the thing about Janice, so much the better for today. Some things just deserved to be left alone, and that was one of them. Especially if the creeping suspicion at the back of Six's rapidly-becomeing-intoxicated mind were anything resembling accurate.

Johnny wasn't the notoriously forgettful kind of wizard, like the old fogey types in the universities. This wasn't to say that he had an eiditic brain or anything groovy like that, but at least when he forgot stuff it was either totally harmless or a matter of biblical proportions that would quickly jam a reminder directly into someone's spine anyway.

The fact that he had forgotten both the Thing with Janice and the Ravening Bitch who was most directly responcible was worrisome. This was not a day for worrying, and therefore Six knocked back another drink and shoved these concerns Elsewhere. Something else was creeping into her conciousness about that time, and it had a lot to do with the 'cider' she was drinking like a fish.

"So, how've you been? Still in the mercenary business?" she asked, deftly adjusting the topic to a side road of memory lane.

The main drag was starting to look like the wrong track.
[center]~~~~~
We can't stop here! This is bat country!
~Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas[/center]

Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:57 am
Stablehand

Something crept quietly into the Lords mind. This Six character was very much out of her mind, but that was understandable, since he had just manifested a second bottle of the 'cider', and had allready consumed the majority of the first. He had the impression that this lady was a force to be reckoned with, maybe not by his standards, but by more of the more ordinary hero types. And the Johnny she spoke of sounded horrifically familiar.

As far as mages go, he at least could fall under that category. The woman in front of him wasn't far from home on that mark - his brain pan, as she had put it, was capable of doing tricks that the people in this city would either go nuts to learn, or go out of their way to destroy before it ever fell into the wrong hands. If anyones' hands were wrong, they were his, and as far as the world at large was concerned, it was far to late to be taking paltry toys such as his away. Lord knows enough adventurer types had tried. He had tired of coming up with new agonizing ways to deal with them, so then he had done something else, and just didn't. It certainly didn't discourage the ones who had a death wish from trying, but then, they didn't come as freqwuently as they had a hundred years before.

And that could be blamed on trying to be a typical villainous bastard, world domination and the like. He craved power like a man in the desert did water, but there is a limit to what you can do, until obstacles are removed from your path. The current ones he faced came in three flavors, and were the size of houses made of lead.

He grinned then. It wasn't a sour grin, or a vengeful one, or even a particularly nasty one. Even though, it was still unpleasent to look upon, especially if you knew what he was and what he was about.

He looked up from the cider induced remiscence, inner monologue, and looked upon the woman who was rapidly getting drunk in front of him.

"Still in the mercenary business, after a fashion, dear Lady. And for my manner of business, it doesn't get much better, so you could say I am doing absolutely fine." He said, slowly so that none of the words might have been missed by the intoxicated mind in front of him. He made a point to gesture about him, and then looked her in the eyes with his mismatched blue and gold. "I assume you do well, for as fast as you put the drink away. What brings you into this hellish city?" He asked quietly.

Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:21 am
Stablehand

There was a tense few minutes where no one said or did anything at all, but the woman was a very impatient beast. The man she was upon refused to either be frightened, nor show any sign of emotion. She hissed once, and then looked to the other one.

That one looked much stronger...but she doubted it could move fast enough to keep up with her.

She tensed, and then sprang from the one mans back, somersaulting over the head of the other to land gracefully on all fours, facing both of them.

"Absolute nonsense...two idiots following a snake, and neither of you has the guts nor the means with which to dispatch of me, yet you try. Enjoy your lives, for I let you live nmow." She snarled at them, then darted out the shattered doorway into the lawn, over the fence, and back onto the streets of Tiavain. She climbed a building, and returned the the heights of the city, to hide amid the various huts and sheds that littered the roofs. Her next stop, of course, would be Douvanucci House. Unifinished business that needed some tender care by means of her claws, and she would get what was hers.

Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:34 am
Stablehand

C'ink did not flinch as the creature swept past him and clamped down on Tanarri. After a few tense moment, during which C'ink kept his back facing the two, the demon spoke.

"Absolute nonsense...two idiots following a snake, and neither of you has the guts nor the means with which to dispatch of me, yet you try. Enjoy your lives, for I let you live now."

Afterward, the creature leapt away.

C'ink allowed it a head start, then turned to walk out past Tanarri, neglecting to gather his belongings.

"Some decoy, you're hardly worthy of being called a straw doll." C'ink said. "You've forgotten your roots, you've become too human. I should slay you where you stand like I would any other such man. But I have more pressing business right now, consider this a chance to redeem yourself."

As C'ink walked past Tanarri he whipped his heavy tail quickly at his head. The blow would've certainly knocked any human unconcious, but he resisted the urge and held back just an inch from making contact.

Once outside, C'ink sniffed the air to get a scent to follow. Once located, he looked to the top of a nearby building to see the demon climbing onto the roof.

C'ink quickly darted in that direction, dropping to all fours after the first step. He reached the fence almost immediately, which he leapt over like any animal on four legs would. Just another moment later he reached the building, which he jumped at from several feet away and dug his talons firmly into the second floor wall. Another second of climbing with the agility of a salamander, and he was at the very top of the roof. Where he spotted the creature leaping from rooftop to rooftop already several buildings away.

C'ink grinned evilly, and pounced from his position onto the next building, and repeated to the next and so forth. He noticed, however, that he was catching up easily with her. He figured that if this creature really was a modified version of himself, she would obviously be faster, which could only mean one thing.

"Where are you leading me little one?" he thought aloud as he continued gaining on her.

Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:15 pm
Stablehand

The woman was there, always in sight of C'ink, and then suddenly, she wasn't. Just as fast as that, she was gone from view. Whatever it was that was following her stopped, and then glanced around, a look of confusion upon its features, but more than that, a seething anger burning deep within it.

Maybe if he had been intent upon the dust that drifted from the nearest space in buildings, he would have been a little more aware of his predicament. And he wasn't which was most likely why she had the time to do it.

She breathed. It was a slow, deep inhalation, but the air shimmered in front of her as she did it, and when she exhaled, it shimmered more. And then burst into flame, from the second story of the three stroy building she was in. Flames blasted through timbers, rocking the entire building, and then the blast burst through the roof, engulfing the thing that ahd dared to follow her. Blackened timbers launched into the air with him, clattered back to the roof and the streets below. The flames vanished as quickly as they had come, and she with them.

Now she ran down stairs, knocking aside the house' occupants as she went, running for the cellar. There was one - all desert communities had them, for that was where one could find relief from the midday sun. This one was walled by brick, but she knew what was beyond it. Gathering herself up, she slammed her body into the far wall, and grunted as a few bricks gave. Then she repeated the process, and crashed through into tunnels. Someone had put them here, and she knew whom it was. As swiftly as she could, she vanished into the pitch black void beyond, leaving whatever was on the roof to figure it out for itself.

Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:52 pm
Stablehand

C'ink heard the sound of fire burning forcibly through wood. It took him another moment to realize it came from below him, but just then the roof gave way below him and he was engulfed by flames. The flames held enough force to suspend him where he had stood before. The assault continued for another second before the flames died and C'ink fell to the floor below him.

He stood slouching for a few minutes, shivering from the burns inflicted, and feeling somewhat weakened. Slowly, his anger began to well in him again. This creature was toying with him. He wanted now, more than ever, to meet her on even ground and destroy her. To prove to his old master as well as his new, that he was indeed the superior creation.

C'ink spent a good minute regenerating from the burns and he shortly felt fully restored. His anger, however, was no appeased. He found the trail Aeyliea had left down to the cellar and proceeded to follow. Finishing off the cowering innocents she left behind.

He reached the cellar and easily found the damaged wall with the tunnel behind it. He roared angrily, the sound probably carried well through the tunnel. C'ink got down on all fours again and began to chase down the tunnel after his quarry.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:13 am
Stablehand

This was one of those places where she was most at home. The darkness.

It was a comfort to her aching soul, which slipped a little more from her grasp each day. But here, in the dark, she could find solace and comfort. Normally, however, but on this particular trip, it was nothing like that at all.

She knew where she wanted to go - it was a very simple thing. It had become readily apparent that no matter what she did the creature following her, it would always get back up and chase her some more. So there was but one thing she could do. Kill it.

The passage widdened, got taller, and opened into a massive chamber. Once, it had been a hidden cathedral, before THE Cathedral had arrived in Tiavain. It was deep below the city, and a little outside its outskirts. It was also old, and had not been originally built by her or Rei, or any of the others that ahd commanded House Antares, though all of them knew of its existence. It was a place of History, but it was not for history, or for prayer, or worship that she came here. It was a link to a being, but more importantly, it was big enough to accomodate her for the purpose of slaying whatever the thing was. She stopped when she reached the middle of the massive chamber, and stared at the enterance. It was pitch black, totally dark in this place.

"Come. Come and die." She half whispered, all hissed towards the passage. Claws flexed irritated, jaw quivered. She was, after all, still quite hungry. She would dine on the flesh of many of Tiavain, but only after this slight problem was taken care of.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:33 am
Stablehand

"The usual crap," replied Six. She finished off her latest drink, and lined up yet another round which she proceeded to not drink. Slowing down sounded like a real plan right about now. Something was up here. Not quite fishy but not quite right. Johnny wasn't polite unless someone was about to bash his face in for him, and this guy was bordering on the eloquent.

That, and this was the kicker, Johnny had green eyes. Always had, even with all that wizardy stuff he was into. They were kind of a washed out jade green, and Six had made fun of them on more than one occasion. This guy, on much closer inspection and even through the blurry lense of severe alcohol poisoning, was all kinds of wrong. This, of course, was why sobriety sucked as far as Six was concerned. Stupid, lousy paranoia.

But instead of freaking out, she decided to roll with it and see where things went. "It's a short, pointless story about a guy and a land-grab and some folks what is now dead. Right now, I got nothing but a burning need for job opportunities."
[center]~~~~~
Extra Medication for All[/center]

Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:54 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next