It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Tiavain Streets ~Magic Shoppes and Colleges 6~ Open To All 
Stablehand

C'ink ran through the tunnels like a predator chasing its prey. Stopping only briefly at forks in the tunnels to find the scent. Soon, the tunnel he was on began to widen, and the scent of his prey got stronger. He stood upright and continued walking at a calmer pace. He was, however, still quite tense. As he approached the tunnel opening, he saw what looked like an underground temple. Or maybe just a regular temple, that seemed to have sunk under the desert sand.

Upon entering the chamber, C'ink stopped again to get a precise location of Aeyliea's scent. It was too dark to see anything at all, but the air within the chamber was stagnant and unmoving. So tracing her movements by scent and sound would not be impossible, though still difficult. As predators go, after all, most rely mainly on sight to lay the fatal blow.

A moment later he found the trail in the darkness. It led directly to the middle of the chamber. C'ink knew she was standing there waiting, he decided to launch the first taunt.

"Tell me, little one." C'ink growled as he assumed a beastial fighting pose. "Do you think to match your talons against mine?"

C'ink grinned evilly, thugh he knew it would go unseen in the dark.

"Or will you just spout flames at me again and run away?"

Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:04 am
Stablehand

He smiled and watched and listened to the others. Some he had not gotten to know yet. He saw Quinn talking to someone he would have to remember to trease his brother later on about that. He looked and took out the money that was needed. He did not feel like haggling for the price or anything he would just pay what was asked.

Is there anyting else that you would suggest I get. Aranor was not very specific in things. I know I need th potion seems I can not retain much at all. But hopefully it will all change and for the better.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:20 pm
Stablehand

Its voice was answered by infinite silence, a silence so deep that it could drive a man mad for the want of sound, companionship - anything but the feeling of utter loneliness. Somewhere in the massive cathedral, water dripped on the floor, the sound of it echoing eerily.

She breathed out. In this place where silence reigned, the pandemonium of her breath sounded ghostly and horrible, the stuff of a young childs worst nightmares. The big difference was that a child could wake up, and run to their mum or dad, but thsi was real. This was really real.

"I do as I do, and do as I please." She whispered, but it sounded like a roar that repeated itself over and over in the dark silence. She drug a talon across the floor, quite by accident, and was silent once again.

"But you apparently desire death so, so that you would follow me. You care for others! Other life is meaningless, for life is pitiless. And you dare to think yourself worthy to come and face my likes, whelp?" She said, from a completely different place than before. The air in the chamber was stagnant, did not drift. As far as he was concerned, she would still be right in front of him. Unless he could see in the dark, then all her furtive movement among the carved stone benches would have been pointless.

She did not give him the space of a breath to answer. Out of the gloom she burst, and talons like diamond knives lanced the back, before she vanished into the abyss again.

"I do not wish to match my talons with yours - you wish it. I wish to kill you, and read portents of the future in your quivering, warm viscera. And I shall use your cold, dead body like a man-whore, because it would please me.....greatly." She whsipered, from a completely different direction than she had vanished into. She was allready sailing like a hawk, talons reaching out to cut to bone, to take him apart one piece at a time, until there was nothing left.

She could at least leave him here, broken, and then return to collect her goods, before paying the Powers that be a visit.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:39 pm
Stablehand

C'ink felt the first attack. He was too slow to react. He heard Aeyliea's talons cutting throught the air, but misjudged her speed. She was fast. As fast as him, perhaps, if not faster. The next attack came soon after. This time he would not be taken by surprise.

He quickly jumped up and a bit back, gripping the wall above the entrace with his talons. Then he jumped from the wall to where he assumed Aeyliea would be. Only to strike a rotting wooden bench, and splintering it immediately.

"Cold dead body, eh?" he chuckled as he recovered from the failed attack. "HA! Should you manage to kill me then, there will be a pleasant surprise for you."

No sooner did his voice fade into the darkness, that he heard Aeyliea attacking again. He learned that she seemed to fade between space and so he could not track her accurately by sound. Only when she attacked did he have a brief moment to react. It was this opportunity C'ink took to surprise Aeyliea.

Her attack came from his left. He braced himself as he turned to face her. Just a brief moment later, did he feel her sharp talons tearing through his tough skin. He grunted in pain as her talons dug deeper into his abdomen. Then he grinned sadistically, which he desperately hoped she would see in this darkness.

Immediately, he reached up with one hand to grip her arm. Sharp talons dug into her elbow in the arm she attacked with, holding her tightly in place. With his free hand, C'ink launched a powerful strike at Aeyliea's face, aiming not to slash or stab, but again grip and dig into her skull like he was doing her elbow.

Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:19 am
Ms. Evernight

In the Common Room of the Inn Across from The Bizarre Bazaar

"I do wonder what became of you after the... decline of the Velve. Something about you seems changed, more than can be attributed to the years. What is it Ilharess?"

Cruella stared evenly across the table into Mantella's cold blue eyes as she considered her reply. In some areas, the story of what had happened to her after the Velve was common knowledge, in fact, bards sang of it. But, those who knew her only as the half drowess leader of the mercenary Velkyn Velve, would never recognise the woman in the bard's songs as being her. The Seer of Reshenkeil. The Seer of Reshenkeil, who had penetrated the inpenetrable forests, to fall unconscious within them, speaking the ancient tongue in her delirium.

That was what had saved her. The onodrim saved her life because she spoke their language. She was the first in hundreds of years to pass alive through the forests, her life spared by the onodrim. She was the woman who slept the sleep of the dead for one hundred days and reawaken. She had the mark upon her left breast, the mark she had been born with.

Cursed with, was more like, she thought. It proclaimed her a seer. Something she had been running from all her years in the Velve. The priests in Reshenkeil had forced her to use her abilities and all the pain, all the suffering of knowing what was to come and what had already transpired, returned.

Once again, she had proven to weak to bear it. Once again, she denied it. Once again, she ran. Once again, she tried to hide. This time though there was no hiding, for flashes of the past and the future would not leave her.

And so, she was here, reverting to looking out for herself and ony herself, alone, dark and cold. She was not accepted by any but the most rogue drow, because she was a half breed, but better them, than the light of the elves. One could not hide in the light.

"I was very ill for some time, during which I dwelt with the elvenkind of my childhood. It is difficult to live amongst the light and not have it affect you in some ways. Trust though, I have not lost my edge."

Cruella smiled across at Mantella. "There are rogue drow, beneath these streets. They serve my purpose well." She took a moment to examine the puncture upon her finger. "I daresay there is more money to be had within the upper echelons' Houses. I will serve none, but myself though." Her lips curled in a coy smile. "As you well know."

"So, Mantella, now that we have found each other, perhaps we might make a mutually beneficial partnership."

Once again, steady deep green eyes stared deep into cold, blue ones.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:22 am
Stablehand

She had given him the short version of the story that was clear, as she spoke he saw in her eyes that there was more to it than she said. That was one of the benefits to having eyes like Mantella's, they could not be read like most peoples... not that there was much to read into Mantella, he was fairly one dimensional in his intents.
It also seemed apparent that it was not something she particularly wished to talk about. But Mantella didn't mind allowing her to move on, he had heard enough to sate his curiosity, and a bit of mystery always made things more interesting. Besides the topic she was moving into was one involoving profitable enterprise and there was nothing Mantella would rather discuss.

"It would be good to be working with you again. So what do you have in mind Ilharess? You have some use for my skills?"

Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:23 pm
Stablehand

Pain was a quick thing. In a lot of creatures, it could numb them, knock them dead in their tracks...but pain, at least to her, was sweet, a feeling, an emotion to be savored. Her feet flailed uselessly for purchase for a moment, her thighs slicked by her own blood and other wetness. But there was just that one moment of orgasmic pleasure, and then she was forced to remember that the beast before her was trying to kill her.

"Vis barathrum flamma, vesco epulor viscus victus - comedo ac aboleo!" She hissed under her breath. There was a space of half a second.

And then the world went blinding blood red white, tinged to blue and purple at the edges. The beasts talons were not by far strong enough to hold her, and she was sent flying back from him into a rotting bench, and he from her into the wall. The flame did not stop, it spread like a greedy child. Pillars crumbled beneath its touch, the ceiling overhead bucked and cracked from the loss of support. Benches turned to ashes, flesh to ash where it touched, and as swiftly as it had been there, it was gone. And she was free from his grasp once again, and lurking in the darkness that remained complete. All that was left of that one moment was a quickly fading echo of a thunderclap, one they had not heard for proximity to the spell. The Mages of Tiavain would be very, very well aware of their presence in or near the city now - that would be like a flaming beacon on a dark night.

"Is that all you have, little man? Care to try again, only next time I'll peel your eyeballs from their sockets and gorge myself on your entrails! Who are you!" She growled feraly, moving silently through the no unstable chamber. Sand and stone echoed as it hit the floor, but her footsteps made nary a sound.

Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:16 am
Stablehand

C'ink let himself slide down the wall upon which he was thrown by the blast. As he reached the floor he tried to catch his breath. His self inflicted injury had not begun to regenerate yet, and the burns inflicted by the spell had slowed his recovery process. Slowly, however, the wound began to close and the burnt skin began recovering.

"Is that all you have, little man? Care to try again, only next time I'll peel your eyeballs from their sockets and gorge myself on your entrails! Who are you!" Aeyliea growled.

C'ink let the sound of her voice echo about the chamber a bit. Even muffled by the falling sand and debris, it still managed to resonate about the room eerily. Also, it made C'ink realize that he was barely able to follow Aeyliea's movements in complete silence, it would be impossible with all this noise.

"I should be asking you." C'ink replied as he touched his abdomen, feeling the last of his wound close. "I would expect you to know who I am. After all, were you not also created by Eltharion to replace me?"

Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:39 am
Stablehand

Thread's full. Feel free to begin a new one!

Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:57 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3