It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 am

A Demon's Desperate Search (rp war DR vs Silence) 
Average

Post A Demon's Desperate Search (rp war DR vs Silence)
Three days had passed since Nether's dream in the Tavern. The sights smells and sounds were still vivid in his mind as he rode against the wind.
Transformed back into his human form he rode tall on his horse. A magnificent creature of brown and red.

Three days and still no word from the others. His message had been clear enough; His intentions to ride into the strongholds of the bastard Son himself were clear enough he thought.

"They haven’t forgotten the campaign against NV...." Nether thought out loud as he rode on, his hair flapping madly behind him. "I shall need to find some one to aid me in this quest. Its futile to go by myself."

Nether had dismissed his entire army the night before. He had put them through allot of shit and would not expose them to certain death. The sun was beginning to set as Nether's opportunity to get things rolling presented itself. A small battalion of Foret Nubash bearing the crest of Silence had wondered unknowingly into Reality Lands, Nether's lands.

With a grin Nether quickly dismounted and began his transformation. The dark clouds above swirled frantically as bolts of black lightning struck the ground. The transformation was a painful one but lasted only a few moments.

The foret soldiers marched through the storm, arrogant and disrespectful. They knew their allies and thought no one ballsy enough to strike them. They were wrong. Riding the strong currents of air produced by the unnatural storm Nether struck the foret battalion. His attacks were swift and unmerciful. These were after all the bastards he believed to have kidnapped his queen.

The whole assault lasted about half an hour. 5 of the foret Nubash found themselves hurled hundreds of yards into the air only to fall on the spears of their comrades. 20 others simply had their heads handed to them. The others faced a no less gruesome fate.

Satisfied that his task was complete Nether headed back down and landed with a thud. His talloned feet sinking heavily in the now rain softened earth, the puddles quickly filling with blood. Here infront of him laid the key to his assault on Silence and the rescue of Eisheth. Searching the pile of bodies for one that still had all its limbs Nether ripped a body from the ground and placed it on his horse. "This little piggy shall do it for me" pushing his fist through the soldier's chest Nether soaked his flesh with the foret's blood and drew the crest of Crynus on its face. The turning his horse towards Silence lands Nether slapped the beast's hind quarters and watched as his plan rode into motion.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:49 pm
Stablehand

I had heard the infernal message that Nether sent out in my head. Damn this guild and their telepathic scribes, I had meant to talk to Crynus about getting the high robe wearer who sends these things to remove me from his list of 'Those I must invade' because frankly when you have a hangover, ringing messages is not something you want going off in your head. Hell, if its that damn urgent its not hard to find me to let me know, I'm either on the floor of the tavern, or in the stable with the bar wench (those aren't horses that are whinying!). So the demon Nether had lost it again, and this time he sent word that he rode against the lands of Silence. Well Darden's eyes, he could've picked a smaller target, at least NV didnt have half the berries these fortians had (nor one tenth of the troops to use them berries with!). As much as I love a good fight (and this would be a good one) Crynus had not decreed we march to war yet. I had seen the seemingly slightly unhinged manner in which these demons enjoyed going off the deep end, eyes rolled back in their head, covered in blood, guts and viscerae, as they wail and thrash and tear their enemies into pieces. I can't argue with their effectiveness, but there is a time for war and a time for diplomacy, and perhaps this was one of those times where the axe would be most useful in its sling, not in a heathen's face. So I thought about this, as I emptied out the last remaining spirits from my stomach next to the horses in the stable, bar wench wistfully asleep next to me. On one hand, if I ride with Nether the rest of the guild will follow suit, and we will war Silence and great carnage will ensue, and I always was in favor of carnage. But Crynus had lead the guild to an honorable state, and while the last few days had been as rough as rough can be, first getting crushed by bannerless kingdoms that shouldnt have existed at all, then getting a taste of Isonia's forgotten blade, he had lead the guild against overwhelming odds to honorable victory, something we haven't felt in a long time.

Bah! Nether can go to hell if need be, and if Crynus orders it I'l send him there myself, one cannot disobey the guild expect to live, not in this guild, weakness with demons is tatamount to suicide. I took a long drink from my flask, mostly to get the monkey off my back, after my head stopped ringing I made my decision, I sent my horse with a message from Crynus, that we had something to discuss, and waitied for him to return to the lands of Darden and the Reality and back to the tavern, we had much to talk about.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:24 pm
Stablehand

Voices echoed softly off the high marble walls of the high fane. The light of the thousand-thousands shimmered and danced with the constant thrumming susurration of their prayers. Around the circle sat the supplicants, and all along the altar-paths the acolytes intoned. This was the way of things, as it had been for as long as they could remember and as long as they were it would be. Nevertheless, however symbolic the fane had been in it's long centuries, it stood only as the model around which the thousand-thousand built their empire.

The spiral grew and spun, growing ever more complex as it reached into the world outside their ancestral homes. The art of the prophet became at once greater and lesser, for while the patterns growth heralded new complexity and greater accuracy the act of interpretation grew farther out of mortal grasp. Failure and inaccurace could be analyzed in retrospect, but this was thin comfort to those who suffered for unseen disaster.

Atop the spire that marked the center of their empire, sand poured out from a small cup on the end of a stave. Patterns emerged along the map of the world there, curveing gracefully outwards from the capital. Wisps of blue smoke trailed out from the long, thin pipe-stem held between the prophet's teeth as she gazed alternately at the growing design and the world around her. It was a meditative act, as well as a fundamental one. Foret would provide an answer, if an answer was to be given. Inspiration came to those with the patience to seek it.

Vailane of the Dul had learned much of patience. What she saw in the pattern now, the answer growing in her heart, yet required some further council. Long shadows, her own and another, stretched across the diagram in the light of the riseing sun.

Standing, she reached for the pail of water to cleanse the pattern from the platform. She would need to consult with her advisors, and the senate. Other voices and views to the vision would prove out. Still, even without cross-confirmation and the voice of the empire, Vailane knew one thing with a vague and disquieting certainty.

"Storm is coming..."
[center]~Silence~
You try to live, and God says No...
~Monster Magnet, God Says No[/center]

Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:29 am
Average

The first had responded. Kaemon had chosen his side, Nether wasn’t surprised. Although a common face with Crynus Keamon was a newcomer to Nether, a newcomer who didn’t matter. The Realities fate was clear, those who stood against this fate would be made to suffer. How could they be so cowardly? He had seen these demons ride fearless into overwhelming odds and succeed. Diplomacy? Diplomacy was a coward’s way of getting out of the way.

Blood still stained Nether’s hand as he made his way back to Nazier. There waiting for his return would be the second prong of his plan. “Arias!” screaming as he entered the onyx temple Nether searched for his chancellor. “Arias where the hell are you?” “I am here M’lord.” Nether let out a sigh of relief as Arias made his way up from the kitchen. “Have they arrived?” “Have who arrived?” Nether’s eyes flashed in anger as Arias popped a handful of grapes into his mouth. “Now is no the time to fuck with me Arias. I’ll ask you one last time, have they arrived?” Arias swallowed nervously as the young demon angrily walked towards him. “Y…Ye..Yes they have!” “How many have come?” Nether calmed down slightly as he once again breathed a breath of relief. “250 assassins” “Have they the proper attire?” “Aye, every one of them bears the crest of Silence on their chest.” “Perfect! Send them out at once.”

With the second prong of his plan marching into place Nether glanced out of his study window. The kingdom of Crynus would be under attack by a small hoard of Silence raiders tonight. Let him call for diplomacy now.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:11 am
Stablehand

Venorik watched it all unfold rather amused. He had heard Nether's mental message as well and he had seen the coming rift within the guild. Such a rift could only feed chaos though adding extra twists in the now so much more interesting future that stood before Venorik. A future that would soon be filled with death and chaos. Chaos that he himself would help sow. For who better to tend the eternal light of chaos then one of chaos' favoured children? Even before the message had finished playing out in his mind the demon had chosen sides. He would ride with Nether. For in the time he had know him Venorik found he had come to rather like the brash younger demon. They were cut from the same cloth Nether and he. With only slightly different goals. For Venorik's goal was as it always have been to reap chaos across these lands. However Nether's path normally brought chaos with it and as such Venorik was pleased.

He turned his vortex-like eyes from his new lands towards Nether's. The demon had moved after his battle with the accursed city of mages. His great ebon tower now sat deep with in a mire. Like a spike of malice within the dead and empty lands around him. The foul swamp lands travelling as far as the eye could see. A pale and bloated caress bobbed here and there, but beneath those deceptively calm and murky waters chaos ruled. Demons battle and went about their business. Waiting, ever waiting for their masters call. So they might once again ride these lands to spread death and despair. Venorik glance down at Max the two-headed beast at his side.

"Stay here, my friend. Guard these lands make sure nothing goes awry while I'm gone."

With that Venorik leap forth leaving his dark tower behind as he took to wing. A dreadful lord of ruin snaking across the darkened sky. He was headed to see Nether for he would not let his brother-in-arms stand alone, but more to the point he would not let Nether have all the fun to himself. Crynus would want to talk but that was never Venorik's style, no, he would stand with Nether. Together they would cause the lands of silence more chaos then they may have though possible. For together who could stand against the pair? Who would dare. Venorik land outside Nether's onyx temple his clawed feet rending the earth. A few guards move to block his way but the ten foot tall demon swatted them aside like the flies they were. The rest backed off recognizing who he was and knew he shouldn't be a threat, but one could never be to careful where demons were involved. He walked to the temples door and turn his pupil-less crimson eyes on a guard. His tail twitched behind him in excitement.

"Tell your master I have come."

Dogs

Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:40 am
Stablehand

Standing just in the door way of Nether’s turret Nerieda waited for the young demon, thinking to her self about the ride here. Azeman had put full force into his gait, it had taking them only a half day to get here. She had left to join Nether as so has she had got his message, that he was to march onto the lands of Silence. A battle would be good for her. She hadn’t done much to test her muscles lately, plus killing heathens was one of her favorite past times. The thought of feeling fresh blood dripping off her hands, ripping through toughs, slashing at oncoming soldiers sent tingles up and down her spine. Smiling to her self as she was awaken from her daydream by the booming voice of Nether, not being one with much patience she walked into the room he was in. Rounding a corner to find him discussing something with what looked to be his housekeeper, the small man seemed to be terrified by the young dark demon.

“Nether do you always leave guest at your door unanswered? I see you are in need of some allies, I am here to ride with you.”

Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:08 pm
Stablehand

The room was lit by only a candel and that had nerely burned itself out. Pooling a great clump of wax at its base. The curtains were thrown wide open even though the night air had a bite to it, the hearth lay dormant. A bed with masive posts of mahogany carved with vines so well done they seemed to move with a non-exsistant breeze. Upon the bed a young man layed. Tossing to and fro, sweet beading upon his brow. While his eyes moved frantically behind closed lids. If there was an observer in the room any could tell he was in the throws of a nightmare. What it was about only one could imagine cept the lord himself. Perhaps of something to come or some past deed that weighed heavily upon his conscience.

A scream broke the nights silence and the man was sudenly upright in his bed a dagger in his hand. Looking about the room he sence no immediat danger and relized the scream had come from his lips. Moving to the bed edge he placed his head in his hands trying to remember what had him in so much of a fret. Only peices of the dream would be recalled and nothing that made sence. A prescence he remembered one that was always with him now. One that he wished would reside somewhere besides for within his mind.

Standing he let the night air dry his naked form of the presperation as he moved towards the window. Looking out he smiled at the city that lay before him.It was not as great as it once was but his peasents were happy, his men well trained and well armed and the cities walls were strong. Yet something in the night felt off. Something that spoke danger. Curse them demons for changing him. He had not noticed until after he had left but somehow they enhanced his sences. He could see farther hear better and felt things he should not feel. Though these three he did not mind the prescence was more then he could abide he would not share his head with anyone it was hit and his alone. And that infernal Nether seemed to speak to him from within. That was one demon he would take great pleasure spiting on his sword.

Faintfootsteps anounced someone outside his room in the corridor beyond. Moving silently he opened the door before the knock was even placed. A startled maid stood there the shock of him naked mostlikely overpowering the door opened upon her arrival.

"My Leige," she averted her eyes

"What is it Angelica?"

"I heard a scream in the night and..."

The young lord was touched by the girls concern and smiled slightly at her. His hand moving to touch her as if on its own accord to turn her gaze to his. Yet he restrained it mere inches from her cheek.

"T'was nothing, go back and get some sleep." Turning he intended to go to his desk and perhaps get some of the coming days work done now since he knew sleep would elude him but falttered a momment. "Oh and Angelica?

"Yes, My Leige?"

"Thank you." he said as he let the door close.

DEM/WHAM/WTFPWND
Nether= god of Icons.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:46 pm
Stablehand

ooc: Howdy Luc, Q me and we'll talk ;) end ooc

The bow drew with the steady tension that felt like old friends, the feathers brushed the sides of his closely shaved scalp like an old lover, and the tip hovered in front of him, sharp and deadly as an old enemy. Crynus standing amidst the tall golden grass of the prairie stood immobile, tense but calm, as the large buck lifted its head to catch the scents on the wind. The hunt had taken days, following the massive hoof tracks through briar and bramble, across stream and gully before descending into this gully, a narrow rocky crevice that opened up into a secret garden of the gods, untouched by the ravages of war in these lands.

Crynus could see why this buck had chosen this place, and the scars scarcely visible on its head and antlers spoke of untold glory and battle, to protect his realm and does from those that would come to find that which was greater than their own. He had a slight twinge of sorrow for this creature, so magnificent and old, a warrior much like him, indeed he could imagine the thoughts that ran through its proud being, those of ages past, of glorious victory, and horrible loss. But these the days of warriors and death, and Crynus knew that the only death for such a being was at the hands of another, such glory could not simply fade away into nothingness, destiny had greater plans, and while he drew his target into sight, it seemed to stare directly at him, eyes resigned and almost pleading in a way to take that which had lingered too long, so that the great beast could lower his heavy head and rest eternal, comforted in his knowledge that his life was not wasted, but lived to the fullest.

The line was true, the flight of the arrow would be swift and the death would be quick and painless, he deserved that much. As Crynus drew a deep breath and began to release the arrow, a strange sound came to his ears, the sounds of swift moving beings, coming from behind him. The smell had not reached the buck yet, but Crynus had it fill his nostrils with the putrid odor. Sweat, oil, fear, these were the smells of an assassin, judging by the growing sound, more than one.

He kept his focus on the buck, it had now turned to face him, making the shot needed to kill him much more difficult. Crynus would not wound such a beast and leave it for dead, so he held his line and stood there, all senses focused on the deer while the rustling came closer and closer, His mind did the thinking for him... one hundred paces to the deer, the rustling grew louder....five notches to adjust the wind....the rustling was now only forty or so yards behind him, they were running full, intent of catching him with his attention diverted, little did they know he already knew they were there.

He held it for a moment longer, just as the deer picked up the scent of the humans running toward him, it turned to the side, tail raised in alarm, and Crynus had the clear shot he had been waiting for. As the arrow slid from the bow it made no sound, and Crynus held his form arrow raised until the arrow struck the target, and buried itself deeply into the deer's heart. The great beast let out a sigh and fell quickly, as Crynus turned drawing his sword in one motion to the group of assassins that had blades raised descending upon him. His face grew grim and the first rusted short sword was blocked with his bow as he turned to deal out yet more death on this day, death that held no purpose, as needless as it was excessive. Crynus held no respect for such beings, those that took life without purpose and meaning and he brought about the righteousness of one who had seen glory and lived by its tenets upon the meager foes, one at a time.

As they lay choking upon their last breaths, limbs strewn about as if a children had finished playing with her toys and discarded them without a though, Crynus made his way to the deer, pausing to admire the size of the massive head and the antlers that adorned it. Such a beast was worthy of such a moment and as he stood there head bowed, he heard one of the assassin stand quietly, holding his side, and begin to slowly stagger toward him.

Crynus looked up into the sky, at where the deer's presence now resided, in a never ending field of grass and sun, where it would survey all the land and feel in its heart the heavy burden of time and loss lifted, and truly he felt a moment of envy.

Turning quickly he drew his bow again, and this time the arrow streaked out and struck the wounded creature wearing the armor of Silence directly between the eyes, killing it before it hit the ground. Crynus drew his short blade and removed the head of the great beast, singing an ode to his ancestors and the glory of his line in the process. As he finished his work, and prepared the animal to be carried back to his mount, a horse familiar to him approach and stood silently underneath a birch tree, nibbling gently upon the young sprouts on the tree. Crynus took from the horse's saddle a parchment written in the brazen handwriting he knew so well, and his expression grew grim. Speaking a word he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wooden figurine of a falcon, and he quickly penned a missive to one he knew he would need to talk to, to see how far this insurgence has gone.

He spoke another word in an ancient tongue and the falcon shook and flapped its wings, he tied the message to its leg and sent it off, wings cutting the cold morning air, deftly rising amid the morning fog toward the realms of the Reality.

He prayed that Tekmet received his message, and would know where to find him.

GM - Righteous Fury

Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:10 pm
Stablehand

It hated this plane, this existence, for only when it came here did it feel pain, weakness, fear of death. The Whisper hovered over its victim, the demoness even now struggled under its dark magic, but it had fought off her semi-conscious effort to shake his hold on her, and now she slumped over deeper into its unnatural slumber. Time meant nothing to this being, but it also knew the longer it waited, the closer those that searched for it would get.

the armies were close again, they were relentless in their patrols, The blackened hand of the Whisper raised up again, glowing with a red light the entrance to the cave appeared once again a solid wall to all those who would gaze upon it. But its power was waning, it was a not a being of this world, and as such, had only limited time and power to complete its mission. Being injured by that accursed axe that burned with ice had drained a significant amount of its power, and it knew it could not stay hidden in this cave for much longer, the demoness grew stronger as it grew weaker, and soon it would not be able to contain her in slumber any longer.

Waving its now four digit hand, it called for its master, to await orders. It had been here too long and even now the armies that search for other things grew too close for its own comfort. It would move again, and soon, but first must get permission, as it was bound to its master by the rules of the ancients, of summoned and summoner, and these rules could not be broken, at least, not until one side or the other made a critical error. It summonded the small portal and waited, hand uncletching its black fingers then clenching them again, slowly, the glow from the fist showing its rising anger.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:39 pm
Stablehand

With a thud the dagger point imbeds itself in the wooden table top. The blade quivers before Gandar pulls the dagger out of the table and tosses it again. He had got word of Nether's desire for war with Silence and was now lost in thought of what to do. He had only known the queen of the Reality for a short time before she was taken yet he still felt a duty to find her if it was within his power or to those who could. Was war with silence the right thing to do though?

He had felt glad to be back from his self imposed exile in the wilderness and fighting for glory once again but that was at the height of his realms power. Before he watched his realm be crushed under a storm of magic. His vailiant armies had held for a time but soon had been overwhlemed, cut off and destroyed, his lands absorbed by other realms. He wasn't sure he any longer was able to fight long, hard campaigns.

Glancing down at the table top he idlely flips through one of the stacks of papers on it. Lists of supplies and plans for the construction of a new realm flash past but he doesn't take much notice of them. Tapping his green gloved fingers on the stack of papers he looks at the banner of the Reality hanging on the wall and then his plain ranger's cloak slung over a chair. Pulling the dagger out of the table he starts to repeatedly throw it at the table again as he continues to think about what his role should be.

Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:56 am
Stablehand

Ripples raced across the face of the puddle as drops of rain fell from above. The forest was unusually wet this season. It had rained non-stop for 3 weeks. The creeks flooded as the rivers ran deep and swift. Most of the wild life had migrated to the hills, those that staggered the sick and old, fell victim to the rising waters.

The rushing waters echoed softly through the cave as a small fire warmed a robed figure. His eyes, as old as time its self, stared intently into the flames. Thousands of years had been spent in this fashion, watching, waiting, and anticipating the moment prhophisised by the mage Sirus of Arethorn.

“The waters will raise up and smite the world, washing it clean of corruption. The trees will cry as blood falls from the sky. The heavens will choke on the smoke of their ruins. Then he will come, the one robed in black followed by plaque, and he will bring sorrow and pain the likes the land of Tonan has never seen.”

The robed figure stirred slightly as he repeated the omen to himself. He never tired of hearing the story, and often repeated it out loud as if telling his story to the stone prison he resided in. It had been 2500 years since the Redrim had sealed him away in this stony hell. 2500 years since he had seen the sky, or felt the glorious night breeze hit his face. Soon he would be free, with the waking of the demones the seal would be broken, releasing him to spread his tale pain across the land.

Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:24 am
Stablehand

"Burning, screaming, pop and smack. Gristle and bistle and deathly deeds,a terror among the reeds."

The robed figure sang and danced madly around its quaint fire in celebration of its release. Thoughts of war and blood flashed before his eyes as he stared into the flames.

"Blood and wine, a virgin's spine. A piece of flesh a quart of slime, a humble feast for me and mine."

"Through the Earth and out the otherside a world of pain in the eye of the Sidhe. A flick of the wrist, and down goes tryst. A boulder most heinous and poof goes Crynus. A simple gust of arrows true, down goes the man who writes in blue.
And what of the Two demons pure? Their purpose does serve mine. A TRICK A TRICK ON BOTH THEIR MINDS! The lady Nerieda skin of milk, a plan for you, a plan with silk!"

The deranged figure continued to sing and dance, its voice booming through its small caves its footsteps and claps echoing eternally into the bowels of the earth.

Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:28 pm
Stablehand

A few hours had passed when Deranged got the call for war he knew that this call came from someone he should know but he did not. War was something he did know and War is what they would get, and it would be a sight never seen in these parts before. Deranged then made his way towards his window and mustering below was a force demonic soldier’s all ready to do their leaders bidding before leaving the room he turned back to all and said you are dismissed. Few began to voice their displeasure and they were silenced quickly. What they did not know was those words would be their last, and those that had not spoken wished they had. As he exited the room he made another glance back, and nothing but death and carnage lay behind him. Blood spatter was all over, all of the men in the room including Warburton and Phillox lay dead, they had returned to the castle when report came of the cracks appearing out of nowhere Those two especially; it appeared that great pride was taken in splicing their insides wide open for all to see. What it was; retribution for the disaster and destruction that befell on what was once a magnificent realm, now all it was a smoldering pile of ruble.
Though not directly involved, but still Foret would soon be chosen target. Those that stood before him would face the full fury of Demonic possession. Their kingdoms would burn, all the people of foret would fall prey to the Reality, and they would beg Deranged to end the burning pain that consumed the fragile puny bodies.
Those that was primarily responsible for the initial carnage would suffer a fate far worse then death. A new fury had been unleashed from the deepest depth of hell and it would rain down on Darden’s enemies.

Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:41 pm
Stablehand

Death, despair, destruction and bliss. Bliss found in the misery in others, bliss that feeds the soul and fuels the rage of night’s breath. The moon glared down upon the plains. Word had come of the losses. Crynus had dispatched the others rather easily it seemed. Such was expected from the leader of demons. Power, control, death, the breathless stare of a walking corpse passing through the swaying grasses.

His footsteps, not making a sound, were slow, his breaths shallow and far apart. A creature of sorrow and pain cursed to walk the land in eternal damnation. The one without a face had summoned him from his blissful walk in the abyss. Fire, stone and steel were all he knew. His masks covering a spectral void of sorrow his onyx armor glistening in the moon’s blightful stare. The trust of Nether had been won rather easily. The young demon was quick to judge and missed the signs of deceit. Little did know that his fate had been decided. A fate of loss and betrayal, of blood and pain. He searched for his queen, with all his might. His passion would be his downfall.

The crickets sang their magical opera as the stars went out. One by one their light faded away blanketing the plains in darkness. Howls of unknown beasts echoed across the land and still he stalked his prey. The demon son would soon discover the truth.

The lust of Hell

Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:00 am
Stablehand

The others of the Reality, main purpose was to find their Queen, Deranged purpose was his desire for blood. Finding a Queen was important; but was this woman, someone or something, he was supposed to know. In his mind he felt that he should know her somehow, but why he could not recall. He was on another quest that seemed to be more pressing, and that was to find the name of the thing that haunted his mind. This hopefully something that would quench his desires. He walked out too where all the demon soldiers had gathered and gave the order to march. Soon they would meet the enemy and death would overtake his enemy.

Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:16 am
Stablehand

Music filled the late afternoon air. Individual notes seemed to hang, then dance in the dappled sunlight. A gently warm breeze blew from the west, carrying with it the sweet scent of the days baking. His hands clasped behind his head the wandering mage leaned the chair onto its back two legs and closed his eyes. Things were idyllic.

A note that was somewhat off was struck, then recovered as the musician winced almost audibly. Peace had come the the Silent valley and Hesketh was enjoying the rest. Most of the guilds leaders will still hard at work, building and growing their realms. This was a task that he was happy not to have. A vagabonds life served him well and the perks he received for leading the guild made that life easy as well as enjoyable. Never did he lack for a dry place to sleep or a warm meal to fill his belly. Yes, life was good.

Opening his eyes he looked about. He really should be spending these last few hours of daylight in preparation for the divination skills that he should be casting tonight. Various magicks that were cast out from the valley and used to determine whether or not any heathens were moving troops towards them. The spells were in no way infallible, but at least they did provide a modicum of safety.

Closing his eyes again he thought, not tonight. With the lands so firmly entrenched in peace, there is no reason to cast those spells tonight.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:19 am
Stablehand

Buried was the dreadful war-club
Buried were all warlike weapons
And the war-cry forgotten.
There was peace amongst the nations.

At least for Silence. It was a good sight to see, for no heathen would attemt to enter one's land. We are not war'mongers. We are peace keepers. Its good to see the people building, to even build a more prosperous country.

Give the troops a week of vacation. Keep minimum security in our borders. The soldiers deserve some rest.

The night is setting in the hills. One more sunset. There is nothing more splendorous sight to see the colors that it produces. More of the reflection it does on the water, in nearby lake, to a tree nearby. Its as the reflection upon it, made the water dance. Beutiful sight.

There is no greater reward than the peace we have now.

Silence now reigns in this land.

!~Kitasstrophy~! WeeC

Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:40 am
Stablehand

A silent calm engulfed him as he rocked back and forth. His legs were drawn up to his chest and, if anyone could have been able to see him, he seemed to be sitting on nothing. His eyes screwed themselves closed tightly as if he were fighting some inner battle. Then, just as abruptly they flew wide open. He froze, his chest did not even rise nor fall. For what could have been described as both the briefest of moments and an eternity he remained unmoving.

It was with his left hand the he reached out and wiped a bit of the nothing away. The motion was exactly the same as one would make when washing a window. As he moved his hand light streamed behind it into the darkness. Looking through his
"window" he could see Lillith and Bethel talking. The bitch was using honeyed words and, given enough time, would be able to convince the seamstress to help her with some foolish plan for escape.

Only the plan wouldn't be foolish and Abiectio knew that if he did not act quick enough to solidify and strengthen his position all would be lost. Lillith would be gone forever. He knew that she would walk away from her promise with a laugh on her lips as she spit in his face. Quickly. He had to act quickly.

[center]_________________________[/center]

His servant called to him, asking for permission to move itself and their stolen "item" to a more safe location. Most certainly this would be the most prudent action. That is, it would be the most prudent action if their goal was to hold the "item" indefinitely from those who were seeking it. However if that was not their goal, then keeping it where it was could be a much better play.

Abiectio smiled, his eyes flat and dead. The servant called once again, warning that if he did not move the "object" soon it would regain some of its conscious wits. Again the servant asked permission to flee to a safer location.

Many words were considered and discarded before Abiectio decided on the message that he would send his minion.

Don't be a coward. The fools that seek our "prize" have not the werewithal to reach her. Do not underestimate your strength. Even in your weakened state you are still far more than a match for them. As for her level of consciousness, it is irrelevent, as she will be, given sufficient time.

His message sent he looked back upon Lillith and Bethel, his tounge making an odd rhythmic clicking.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:45 am
Stablehand

Sitting at his desk, now with a robe thrown about his body. Luclin went through the pile of paper work. An order for more wax for candles and order for grain an order for this and one for that. All needed his signiture weather it called up gaurds men or sent an old retainer into retirment he must put his seal.

"I really need a chancelor." He said to the empty room before returning to the task at hand. His mind kept wandering and he was not truly seeing the words scribbled on the parchments before him. His thoughts kept drifting to the girl he had dismissed earlier. Her green eyes haunted him and the precense within his mind snickered.

"Shut up?" He echoed within his mind.

"She is a tasty morsal" he was answered. Luclin was in utter shock struck dumbfounded never before had the presence spoken. It only slunk around in the darkest recesses of his head. What had those demons done to him? And why had they changed him. His anger built.

"Get out of my head.." He growled and could feel the amusment of the prescence which only inflamed the young lord more. Standing he went to a nearby armouir retrieving his sword hoping that working the forms would drown the presence in him. Discarding the robe he began flowing from form to form the steel within his hand soon becoming a blur of death around him. Weaving in and out of the rooms furnishings he practiced and practiced harder then he had in his life. Sweat soon coating his body. And everything was forgotten the girl, the kingdom, his father, even the prescence within was abatted. The only thing that was there was a small pin point of light that he fed all his emotions into. His hate, his love, his regret all were consumed by the point of light. Soon all thought went there and Luclin was nothing but a weapon. One as deadly as any within the land perhaps even more so.

Luclin was so lost he did not here the screams or smell the fires from outside his chamber. The world around him did not exsist only the dance of the blade exsisted it was his world now there was no other.

DEM/WHAM/WTFPWND
Nether= god of Icons.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:40 pm
Stablehand

Kyoji sat in his tower. He always sat. Never acted. There was no reason to act. The Silent had dominated the land. No one dared to cross them. All the other lords and ladies had demobilized their armies. They all enjoyed the sunshine and the nice weather. Kyoji did the same with them, but always carried his sword. The Sword of his family, the symbol of leadership. He would never let that leave him. Now he sat in his study going through the political garbage that he was forced to endure.

A little falcon flew in thte window and rested on a perch beside Kyoji. The bird was made of pure Air, the swiftest of the elements. This familiar was the first Kyoji had ever summoned when he took up the magical arts. It carried a message from the border guards. It said quite shortly: Men getting resless, rumours of demons. Kyoji smiled "Messenger tell the generals to set up defenses. These 'demons' shall come to us. And when they do they will regret marching this way." Kyoji set aside his orders and his laws and placed a map of the surounding country side on his table. And he planned. But not for war. No this was an exercise for his troops. He was planning what he would say when no demons came.

The ruler who is ne'er prepared
Will never rule for long.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:39 pm
Stablehand

The movement ceased. The sounds assualting his ears finally sinking through the void in his mind. What was happening? Racing to the window he looked out upon his small kingdom. Utter chaos greeted him. Flames rose from the temple as well as the market square. Peasents and soldiers ran around carrying buckets trying to douse the raging fires yet the were no assailants within sight. No army beisieging his gates. The was no electricity in the air that accompanied the magic of the world. Luclin was stumped who could of done this? Perhaps he was over reacting maybe some drunk turned over a lantern but in his expeirence nothing happened by chance.

He hastily dressed. The fine cloths adorning his frame wrinkled and unfastened as they were what he wore the day before. He then bolted to the door throwing it open and out into the hall to stumble head on into Draloe, his captain of the gaurd.

"What is going on?" Luclin hastily asked.

"Fires, my lord, arson is suspected. The city watch has detained a few of them." The dark hard man replied.

"Take me to them." Luclin commanded.

"My lord" Draloe began. "One had this." he finished handing Luclin a small cloth patch. His heart sunk when he recognized the emblem one he himself wore for a time.

DEM/WHAM/WTFPWND
Nether= god of Icons.

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:03 am
Stablehand

The day had come, the Drow King tightened his grip upon his staff, and with his royal guard in tow, stood upon the fields of the lands of the white cities, his black robes flowing in the night breeze. The kingdoms had become too large, indeed too powerful and an accord was struck with one who had been an ancient ally in more glorious times to the Drow, Crynus, now leader of the Demonic Reality, had set the drow upon this path, although only the Drow King himself and the leaders of the royal houses of the drow knew that.

The generals stood around him, deadly silent, drow knew how to wage a war upon the lands of the surface dwellers, and they waited with barely contained glee as their king stood comtemplating this war. They had waited for glorious war for 100 years, forced to do nothing more than caravan raids and village burning, the drow's knowledge of war spanned centuries and they had grown weak and weary of this world, and now they had their glorious battle, once last great war for the Drow themselves, before they passed from this realm.

"General....you may begin..."

The general smiled a grim smile and bowed to his king, this would be the end of the drow, but that had been an undeniable fact for many years now. The lands grew less populated and the drow did not birth as many as died the previous season, so the once massive and proud race had been on the decline for centuries. So here, in this place and time, did they make their last stand, to control the largest and most powerful of the surface dwellers with all their remaining strength, or to pass from this world forever, into the dark abyss.

Without a work the General raised his hand and his dark minions flowed from the shadows to their rank and file. He heard the orges and trolls follow suit, their tongues removed, their massive mithril armor bound in leather and cloth to make it silence, there would be no warning, this army would simply appear into the lands of Silence, the lands that had been under the sleepy hand of peace for so long, and burn and kill and plunder all they could.

The dragonriders swept down on the unsuspectiing watchtowers, shadows in the night, while the Drow clerics cast their spells to darken the sky. The general counted thirty thousand drow and assorted creatures, and his plan for them to lay seige as long as need be, and leave noone alive.

Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:34 pm
Stablehand

They would pay. He would see them enslaved as death was too good for them. Yet even as he made up his mind there was a ping of regret and of guilt.

"Order up the reserves, issue the draft, I care not if you must take the aprons from the women and give them swords we go to war and I want an army to crush these betrayers." Luclin hissed at Draloe the venom dripping in his voice. With a purposful stride the young lord set off down the hall. Descending a great spiral staircase he came to a great vaulted chamber. A great table sat at the chambers middle it empty as if it had never been occupied. He looked upon its surface at the map inlaid their. Through the lands of Silence his army would have to march. Around mountian he would have to move across a great river where barges would be needed to safely see his army on the other side. To a castle with walls so thick months of siege would be needed to see it fall. His army would have to fight those that stood in their way of their goal and if Silence did not let them pass he would soak the ground in their blood. Nothing mattered but revenge. Revenge for what had happened this night and revenge for the changes forced upon him.

Sighing Luclin calmed himself it would be weeks before his army could move. Troops had to be trained, fodder obtained, stores bought, wagons made and last he would need to arm them all. His coffers would be empty after this forray.

DEM/WHAM/WTFPWND
Nether= god of Icons.

Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:44 pm
Stablehand

Crynus had watched the sun and moon begin to share the reddening sky, and still no word had come to him. This was unusual, perhaps the lands had grown vacant over the ages, or perhaps those that once had held high the banner of the Reality had longed for more peaceful times. The mountains cut inbetween the feuding sun and moon and the start began their assualt upon the day. Crynus received word from Kaemon, but he needed to discuss the events of the past few days with a few in the guild that he knew would be loyal still to him. It made him frown slightly at the thought of a splintering could develop within the guild, but demons are notorious for being unstable in their temperment, and not long were the list of allies that could call upon a demon for aid and not have that same aid turn to enemy within the course of the battle.

Still, Eisheth was a different story, these demons idolized her above even Darden, and many gave their lives to her memory even now. This search had lingered for many months and none had lost hope. This war made Crynus uneasy, not for the size or strength of their enemy but for the way it had started. He must speak to those he knew he could trust, to get any information he could about the beginning of this war.

There was one he could ask, one that he knew was of honorable intentions and still clung to glory and the Path of Truth. This one would be hard to find, but he had few options. Tekmet was unreachable and Kaemon had sent word but was still many days off. Summoning another falcon statue from within his robes, Crynus murmured a few words and the statue took to the sky, soaring higher into the dusk, heading toward the great white towers that the lands of Silence even now, glowed with a crimson red from the fire of the Drow's arrows and dragon magic. Crynus hoped Lord Kyoji would be reached, and that a meeting could be setup within a quiet place, so that they may discuss the events that have unfolded and brought about these actions in recent days.

GM - Righteous Fury

Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:43 pm
Average

Both Venorik and Nerieda had arrived. Finally, as his steps echoed violently through the stone halls, the third and final prong was ready to get underway.
He had kept them waiting for a rather long time, and Venorik he knew would be very pissed. A pissed off demon was the least of Nether's worries as his plan to rescue his queen was almost complete

"Two times three and three time trees, try as you might you still serve me!!"

Nether stopped abruptly as the voice echoed throughout his head

"!000 lives by the sea waste you will that number times three. Come young one, scourge the land air and sea."

Search as he might Nether could not locate the source of the voice, his temper flared as the runes on his chest flashed angrily. He didn't have time for these damn voices or thier riddles. The as sudden as it had started the voice stopped and everything returned to normal.

As he reached the main hall Nerieda had already let herself in as Venorik's shadow could be seen sliding in underneath the door. "Let him in, we have work to do."

Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:27 pm