It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Cost of Freedom II 
Stablehand

Post The Cost of Freedom II
(OOC) Continued from: http://www.evernight.com/boards/canon/viewtopic.php?t=10880

IC

Anarane watched as her brother and his wife exchanged their moments together in reunion. She could see the love he had for the woman and her for him. Her mind went back for a moment to the first time she had seen them together all so long ago. The love Anarane saw that night between the two. She could see that, that love was still there unchanged by time or their trial.

She could not so much see but feel that Guidion's mind was not totally on her. His gaze left his wife and moved to Maer and pointed to their brother.

Now it is time for my payment my brother. Now it is time to get what you owe me.

Anarane watched as the bolt of lightning shot from his finger and struck Maer in the chest. She gasped as he disappeared. What had her brother done?

Her gaze slowly turned back to her brother as he laughed. The sound sent chills down her spine. Then he turned to her.

Now dear sister, you are the two.

As Guidion let Oriana slip from his grasp, Anarane took a step back. Holding both hands in above him, he faced her. She felt herself being lifted from the ground. Anarane screamed, she wasn't sure if it was from surprise or fear of what she had seen him do to their brother. She did know that she trusted Guidion with her life. She knew he would not do anything to bring her harm. She saw the black orb appear. Her eyes went wide as it rushed toward her, but here was nothing she could do to escape the magic that held her. Her heart was beating so hard that she thought it would burst from her chest at any moment. A small whimper came from her as she felt herself surrounded by the mist that came from the orb. She felt a life being pulled from her. The pain of death coursed through her as in her mind she could hear the cries of the demoness as she was pulled from her. Anarane's eyes glazed over for a few moments then closed. Her body went limp as she hung there before her brother.

The demon is no more..

Yes, it is safe.

Guidion lowered her to the floor. Anarane's legs could not hold her up. She dropped down in a crumpled heap on the floor. Her mind then went blank, as he spoke the last words to her.

Death in Effect

Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:17 am
Stablehand

As the grounds to House Risetti were apparently defenseless and the wards guarding the House were ineffective, the Patriarch ordered new casting of wards and began to weave the complex spells that disallowed such magical access to the grounds once more. Perhaps this time there would be no transgressions due to ineffective wards, somehow cast by fools or individuals lacking the knowledge to empower the ritual wards and enchantments of the House itself.

The daemons were chastised and punished as well for their lack of control of the posts they had been assigned. No matter, the new wards were firmly in place as well as new agreements with Null and invocation of Null to shroud the House from scryng and interference by any outside spells, especially those which sought to penetrate the Risetti interior.

Finally, Lord Solis himself went down to a small workroom and began a spell. His invocation of the dark deities and greater daemons were focused on one item, a bit of hair. Calling upon the agreements Anarane had made and brought to House Risetti, not Risetti to her, he sought retribution.

A life for a life, a soul for a soul. It wouldn't be hard. Anarane had given herself over to Risetti, and now she was betraying all that she had pledged. The Patriarch had no ill will toward his fledgling, but she had broken a cardinal rule of Risetti. In fact, Lord Solis had a soft spot for Anarane. But Lord Risetti himself had set down the rules.

The rule stated, "Once someone has joined Risetti, they will never be allowed to leave." Therefore, Lord Solis will keep a piece of Anarane's mind. Her thoughts will always be with Risetti, along with something more intimate.

With one more stroke and one last word of power, Anarane would lose her child. Yes, Lord Solis knew it, and now it was gone. The soul was taken, and the Patriarch's face grew less pale, his eyes more powerful. Yes, it was a strong soul, the one that was supposed to inhabit the body of the fetus. The fetus itself would show no visible signs of harm, but it was indeed dead. The life had left it. There would be no healing; there would be no saving the baby. It was gone. And the bargain was concluded, the agreement satisfied. Never Solis went for a cup of tea.

Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:23 pm
Stablehand

Someone had placed Anarane on the bed after she fall to the floor. It was close to an hour before she began to awaken. Her mind was still foggy, vaguely recalling the events that had occurred. She felt different. Anarane could no longer feel the presence of Farene within her. There was almost a feeling of well-being, of peace.

Ana stirred on the bed and began to realize that something was not right. The empty feeling she had was more then the loss of the demon who had lived with her for so many years. There was something more, something she didn't want to think of. Ana began to notice that she was laying in something wet on the bed. Had she lost control of her bodily function during the brief ritual that her brother had performed? She slowly slide the blanket off herself to get up and clean herself and the bed linen.

As Ana sat up in the bed she saw she was laying in a pool of blood. Her hand went to her belly, as she let out a blood curdling scream that echoed though out the tower. She fought the thoughts that came to her mind. This could not be happening. Guidion had told her the baby was unharmed by the ritual. Yet the pool of blood surrounding her said different. The feeling of loss, told her that it was true. She no longer felt the child growing in her.

Oh Kain, this can not be happening. I never even got to tell you. This can't be true... NO!!! By all the Gods, NO........ Not the baby, anything but our baby....

She buried her face in her hands. The tears seemed unstoppable. The feeling of loss was nearly overwhelming. It couldn't be true. The new life that had be growing in her was a gift of their love. It had been a blessing from the Gods and now... now it was gone, before it even had a chance to live.

Slowly she was coming to know. There was something sinister about what had happened with the child. She wasn't quite sure what it was. Her thoughts went inward. Trying to find what it was. Her emotions were beginning to get out of hand. There was no connection between them but she knew that Lord Solis had something to do with all of this. Was... was this the cost of her freedom from him and Risetti? Had he taken the life of her unborn child?

The seeds of hatred had been sown. The rage and anger filled her mind. How could someone take the life of an innocent child. As Ana fell deeper into despair, she began to lose control. Sparks began to flash around the room. Quickly some fires began to burn though out the room. Flame shot up around the bed she was sitting in. Anarane was so lost in find the answers, so in conflict over what had happened that she didn't even know what was happening around her. As she became more and more agitate the flames grew and spread through out the room. Not even feeling the heat as flames licked at the bed linens, steadily moving toward her. All that could be heard what her mumbling something over and over. With each word that escaped her lips the fires in the room grew larger and hotter. Her anger and hatred was feeding the flames as they grew closer and closer to her.

You will pay for this, she screamed out. If it is with the last breath in my body, and the last beat of my heart. You will pay for this Lord Solis, you will pay!

Death in Effect

Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 pm
Peasant

The smell of smoke reached her nostrils at the same time the crying began, crying not from any person but a place, a place well known to the mage, a place of such power that Orianas very being could feel the life within, her tower, her sanctuary was on fire. She could see the flames in her minds eye, she could feel the heat. All that happened mere moments before, Guidions magick, Maers vanishing, none of it at that moment mattered. All that mattered was getting to her tower and stopping the destruction. Whatever the reasons were she would learn them later....

Reaching the tower she stood her mouth agape, tears welled in her violet eyes, she was met with chaos, fire and blood... blood? Why the hell was there blood? One look at Anarane and she came to the realization that something must have happened with the babe she was carrying. She would see to her sister in law as soon as the fires were out. A simple word should have been enough to lay the fires to rest but when the flames continued to lick at her precious sanctuary she realized there was more at play here than what she had concluded. Frantically she looked for the scource of the blaze and once again her concentration fell on the woman wild eyed looking quite mad in the bed surrounded by flames. She didnt know how Guidions sister had done it, but now she was certain it was Ana who had set everything ablaze.

N'peles!!

She all but screamed the word in her native Sidhe that would render her sister in law unconcious, and once Ana was no longer awake the flames began to die out. She sunk to her knees then, the emotions overwhelming her to the point of sobbing, her tower, so much of herself had gone into building the place of magick to the level that it was at that just the thought there could be damage was almost unthinkable to her. She had to keep it together though, she could mourn for any loss of herself later, she had to stay strong enough to tend to Ana, to tend to Kain, but how could she when the attack on the tower was like an attack on herself? Didnt anyone understand that the tomes, documents, everything in the tower were connected to her? That every time she used her magic in tower a piece of herself was fed into the tower itself? They might think her selfish for mourning material objects and she knew that not all was lost but anything that might have been consumed by the fire was still a part of her, a part of the sidhe blood flowing in her veins...... No now was not the time for self pity. Getting to her feet she went to the bedside and saw once again the blood. Sadly she shook her head and reached out to brush away a lock of hair..... Ana was going to need as much support as she could get, and as angry, as hurt as the mage was, she could not let her own feelings get in the way....

Hours later the mage had Kain and Anarane settled into the room she and Guidion often spent their nights together in, each bedroom of the tower was protected by wards and other shields, though the mage wondered now what good they might do considering what she believed was Never Solis' ability to reach Anarane, she did not know what had happened, what caused Ana to lose her child, but she knew that Never was behind it. She would talk to Guidion.... Tengwargul Tower itself was always a fortress protecting any who entered..... she had to find out from her husband just what had occured at Risetti that would have allowed Solis to breech the tower in such a way.....

Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:17 pm
Stablehand

Anarane woke many hours, maybe even days later, she didn't know how long she had been unconscious. She found herself laying in a bed next to Kain. Oriana had warned her of how badly he looked, but this was worse then she could have imagined. He had given so much of himself to free her. He had nearly killed himself for her. With all he did for her, she couldn't even protect their child. She would not leave his side, not until he was awake. Then again she was not going to leave even then. Not until he was well again.

Ana sat unmoving for hours on end. She sat at Kain's bedside, holding his hand. Lost in her pain and sorrow. The lost of the child was almost more then she could bear. He was all she had left now. He had to wake up soon, she needed him. She felt so alone. She held his hand to her face, the tears that she could not seem to stop, washing over his hand.

Oh, my love, you need to wake up. I need you so much. I love you with all my heart, my love. Please wake up. We have a lot of things to do still. We need to plan our wedding. We need to build our home. To once again, start a family. I know that another child can not replace the one I lost, but I still want to give you a child.

Day after day, she would sit with him. Talk to him of their future. Tell him how much I need him to come back to me. What good would my life be if he didn't come back to me?

Food and drinks where brought to her each day. She hardly ate much. She did make sure that the broth that was brought, was feed to him. Ana would prop him up on the pillows and spoon the liquids into his mouth. At least his swallow reflex responded, even if he was not awake. His color was slowly coming back, but she didn't know how long he was going to be like this.

Ana bathed him each day. Changing his clothing and his bedding. She would brush his hair. She shaved him every day. The whole time she would talk to him, like he was wide awake. Sitting with him. Caressing his face. Holding his hand. At the end of each day she would climb into bed next to him and lay her head against his chest. Falling asleep listening to the beat of his heart. The next morning she would start again.

Oriana and Guidion came in each day and did whatever magicks they were used to help in his healing. Anarane apologized to Oriana for the fires. She knew that most times, they caused no physical damage to her surrounding. The fires usually came after her. The most they usually left, wherever they occurred, was just smudges.

Death in Effect

Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:05 am
Stablehand

Kain had used a technique he had discovered within himself long ago to free his love from the chains of Never's hold. Shattering the link the necromancer had with her, destroying the pendant that entrapped her. As well as placing within her his very essence keeping Never from re-establishing a link with Anarane. He paid dearly for his actions, he knew he might very well die from draining upon his own soul like he did. The technique is as natural to him as magic is to the sidhe, calling upon his very being to perform supernatural acts. It was a unique style of magic, holy in nature, as that was Kain's nature. Like the sidhe it was a part of him that was used to weave the magic, unlike them however it drained him much more, more often than not it rendered him unconcious. This time however it was such a drain on him that he nearly lost his life. He wanted to give up, all of it was so much to handle. The last thing he remembered was Anarane regaining control as the world faded from view. He lost all sense of reality and fell into a deep coma.

He was lost to the world for a week, but to him it was merely the blink of an eye, no dreams, nothing. Just darkness, emptiness, loneliness are the feelings he awoke with. His eyes open, suprised that he still breathed, he thought for sure he had left himself for dead, but here he was. Someone was next to him, curled up to him, who could it be? What exactly had happened? Everything seemed so foggy even though it seemed not so long ago. It was all hazy, distant, and faded. He looked down slowly to see Anarane in his arms. Anarane, his heart jumped as he noticed where they were, did it mean they were free?

He tried to sit up, but he was still weak, he was awake but he could barely move. He could barely even move his arms, how long was he out of it? How long was he gone from the world? What of Guidion, and Maer? He thought he had heard a voice, Ana's voice, but he could not make out the words. He looked to her, eyes showing his current weakened state, the drain on his soul was heavy and seemed to have aged him, Kain had never looked a day over 18, but now he looked a bit more his age. What he had done had taken a toll on him worse than he had thought. It mattered not however if it meant that Anarane was free from Risetti, truly free. Ana.. his voice was faint, and weak, his eyes pleading, asking questions for him.

Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:23 pm
Stablehand

Anarane's dreams of the past days were more like nightmares. Memories of all that had happened during that day about a week ago. It seemed like yesterday. Being snatched from the loving arms of her Knight. Taken back to Tiavain. Her brothers coming to her while she sat in the garden. The vague memories of their going to Risetti. Things were a bit hazy there during the attack on Farene through the link that Kain and her had. The destroying of the pendant that held her and the link with the Patriarch. Maer taking her to Tengwargul Tower.

Then the next day her brother Guidion returning home. The disappearance of Maer. Ana still didn't quite understand what Guidion had done to him. Guidion weaving the spell that cleansed her of the demon. Then the unthinkable, by means of magicks that could not be explained, that had breeched the wards that her sister in law had in place around their lands. Even in her sleep the tears flowed for the lost of their child. A life so innocent and pure, consumed and destroyed by evil.

Ana stirred. In her dreams she could hear her Knight whisper her name. She slowly woke and looked up at her love as she did everyday. Every time hoping he would wake up from the sleep that held him for so long. This time her prayers had been answered. His eyes though dull and faded were looking back at her. She couldn't help it. Ana threw her arms around him holding him tight. Kissing him softly as the tears of happiness streamed down her face.

Kain, my love, thank the Gods. You have finally come back to me. I have been so worried my love. So afraid that you would not come back to me.

Anarane's eyes where filled with love and concern, happiness and fear all at once. she moved to sit beside him, pulling his head against her rocking him in her arms. He still need to rest and heal, but at least he was back in the land of the living. She whispered, as she held him.

All is well my love. There is a lot that I have to tell you about, but I don't want to tire you. We are free, my love, free of the bonds that held me. Now the only bond it the one between you and I, my love.

Ana looked down at him, her face showed her happiness for have him back, as well as a deep sadness. One that could not be hidden even by the joy she was feeling at that moment. She knew she should call Oriana and Guidion, but she wanted this time alone with him first.

Death in Effect

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:06 pm
Stablehand

Kain, my love, thank the Gods. You have finally come back to me. I have been so worried my love. So afraid that you would not come back to me. She looked upon him with great joy, but there lay an underlying sadness, he could tell by the look in her eye. All is well my love. There is a lot that I have to tell you about, but I don't want to tire you. We are free, my love, free of the bonds that held me. Now the only bond it the one between you and I, my love. He smiled... free, truly free. Free from Solis, free from Tiavain, for he knew where they were. They were in the tower of Oriana Shadowbain, no Oriana Tengwargul. Free from the desert, now they could start a family.

He was full of joy, and hapiness, although weak. However he did notice the sadness that lay beyond her eyes, the usual bright green eyes were faded, as if something had gone wrong. They were free weren't they? What could she be sad about? How long had he been out, had something happened to Guidion or Maer? So many questions, but he was to weak to speak more than a few words. His head began to spin, as his brain was active for the first time in two weeks, but he did not yet know how long it had been.

What is it my love, he spoke weakly, forcing the last few words out. He hadn't expected this to happen, he hadn't expected a chance to start over with her. He was happy, but knew that something was not right, something seemed out of place.

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:45 pm
Stablehand

Even though he was weak, it was as if he could see her troubled heart. She did not want to burden him with what laid so heavy on her heart. But she could not, would not hide anything from him. She trembled slightly as she looked into his eyes.

My love, so much has happened. So many things that we must talk about. I don't want to stress you or weaken you.

Anarane could not hold back the tears of heartbreak. How could she tell him without causing him pain. She knew there was no way.

Love... there was something I had planned to tell you the day that I was taken from your arms. It.... it was suppose to be such a happy day. Then everything went wrong. Our lives were shattered. Those two days changed so many things. The best part was you freeing me from Risetti and my brothers bringing me home. Guidion successfully removed Farene from me, Love. She can no longer interfere in our lives. Ana trembled as the tears began to fall again. Kain, there was a great price I... we.... paid for my freedom. Lord Solis did in fact grant me release from Risetti. The cost....

She couldn't seem to be able to chock out the words. It brought her such pain and grief. Her hand moved down to her belly and a distant look came to her eyes.

Death in Effect

Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:29 pm
Stablehand

She was indeed troubled, haunted by something, My love, so much has happened. So many things that we must talk about. I don't want to stress you or weaken you. He didn't care if something was weighing upon her he didn't want her to harbor it all. He knew what it was like to deny what your feeling, or hold something deep within yourself, it tore at the very being. She went on to explain, she was indeed freed frome Farene, them free from Risetti and Tiavain.

He couldn't figure out why she wasn't happy... with all that had happened? She was going to tell him something that day? What was she going to say? Kain, there was a great price I... we.... paid for my freedom. Lord Solis did in fact grant me release from Risetti. The cost.... Cost.. what did Solis do now? What did the bastard do? Did it have to do with Guidion? She began to cry as she spoke, what was this? Her hand moved to her belly.. what did it signify?

What's wrong my love, you can tell me. He went to bring a hand up to her face and wipe away her tears, but found himself unable to do so, he was too weak. His voice was quiet, and weak as well. He couldn't stand to see her in such a state, but was unable to really move, or do much of anything.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:40 pm
Stablehand

Ana turned to look at Kain. Her heart was torn between the joy that filled her,that he was on his way to being well again. But her heart was breaking as well. She searched to for the right words.

The news I was going to tell you that day... It was to be such joyous occasion, my love. I was going to tell you that we were going to have a child. She trembled as the tears continued to fall. Ana took a deep breath, before she finished. All had gone well. Your casting freed me from the pendant and from Lord Solis, or so we thought. Guidion removed Farene from me. He said everything was well, that the baby had not been harmed by the separation. Somehow, which none of us can figure out or understand, something was done. A spell that was able to get past the wards and protection of the tower. She bit down so hard on her bottom lip that a trickle of blood ran down her chin. Her voice breaking as she spoke. When... when I awoke after Guidion's casting, I found myself in bed, alone in the room. I.. I felt a wetness under me. I had thought it was just that in my weakened state that I had lost some control. I pulled back the blanket to get up and clean things up. I... I found myself laying in a pool of blood. Our... our child was gone. I knew, that it was because of him. The child was more then dead, it's very essence was gone.

Ana's hands went to her face as her body shook with heavy sobs. Her mind and heart barely able to deal with the loss, still. The question ever in her mind. Why had she not been able to protect their child? Was the cost for her freedom worth the soul of an innocent babe? She murmured through her tears.

You will pay for this Solis. One day you will pay....

Death in Effect

Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Stablehand

He was to be a father... they were to have a child? This was what she wanted to tell him that day back in the forest? Tears welled in his eyes, he never thought he'd have a family. Then he listened, as she spoke of the cost of her freedom... You will pay for this Solis. One day you will pay.... she murmered through her crying, Kain heard it... Solis would pay. This wasn't over yet, Kain would return to Tiavain someday, not as an ally, but a foe. Solis would pay for all that he did, he had no right. It irked Kain's very being, but alas the warrior couldn't even do so much as get out of bed. Not even able to raise a hand to wipe away the tears from his wife to be.

Kain had been given the chance to be a father and it was stripped away by Never Solis, rage built up in the Bladesinger, rage he could not control. He already hated the necromancer, and now this hatred would know no bounds. Kain was sure their paths would cross again, and when that happened things were not going to be fun. No, not at all, Kain will destroy Never, and Risetti. Already the balance was in favor of the white houses of Tiavain, maybe he would gain support from Nim'Ostas. It didn't matter as long as he brought Solis to ruin. Someday... Someday...

Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:27 pm
Stablehand

Ana tried to calm herself. The last thing she needed was to lose control. She turned and looks at Kain. It nearly broke her heart to see tears in his eyes. She reached out and gently wiped them away. She slide down a bit and laid her head on his shoulder. Ana reached out to took his hand and pulled it up to her face and kissed it softly.

She laid with him for awhile. Just holding him close to her. Ana looked down at Kain kissed him softly on the forehead, brushing his hair from his eyes. She should not have told him about this yet, but he had seen her pain and knew there was something. She whispered softly.

Kain, I love you more then life itself. I know that, the child we lost can not be replaced. No child can replace the one that should have been our first born. Once you are well, we will be able to have another child. I just want you to get well now and for us to start our life together and to become your wife. Right now you are the most important thing. I will deal with the child's death. Just knowing.....

She got up from the bed and went to the door. She stopped one of the passing servants and asked her to let Guidion and Oriana know that Kain had finally awaken. If they wish to come see him. Having done that she returned to the room and poured some water into a basin. Sitting it on the bedside table, she smiled down at him as she washed off his face and arms. She straightened the blankets around him. She found a comb and ran it through his hair, leaning down to kiss him softly on the lips. She got up and found him a fresh shirt and brought it back. In the last couple weeks she has gotten good at changing him. Sitting on the bed beside him, she gently lifted him up and leaned him against her. Taking off his shirt and washing his chest and back. She slipped on his clean shirt and moved him back onto the pillows propping him up slightly.

I hope that feels better love. I have sent word to Oriana and Guidion that you are awake. I wanted to make sure you where fresh and clean before you had company. Taking care of you has the best thing for me since.... well since I have been home. I love you so much Kain and all I want is for you to be well again.

She tried not to think of what had happened to their child. But it hurt so much. There was not a second in the day that she did not think about the child. She looked at her Knight and put on her bravest smile. She had to keep her spirits up for him. She leaned in and kissed his cheek softly.

Death in Effect

Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:00 pm
Peasant

It took some time for the mage to calm down enough to realize that the fires she had seen blazing in her tower were centered on Anarane rather than running rampant through her sacred sanctuary, that however did not mean the threat to her tower of the arcane was not real. The mingling of any sort of power could often prove more dangerous than one power alone, and for all Oriana knew, while Ana subconciously tried to consume herself within the flames, her tower could have come down with her. It had not come to that thankfully, but knowing now that Ana was capable of such a feat brought a new purpose to the mage. Once Ana had recovered fully, once Kain was further down the road to wellness himself Oriana was going to sit her husband and sister down for a little chat and Ana who was unaware of it at the moment, was going to learn how to control her little talent. Days passed and Oriana kept herself busy redecorating Tengwargul Tower, the cold keep was becoming a home once again, it helped to keep her thoughts from lingering too much on Tierney. Gabriel was growing bigger and stronger every day, and was close to taking his first steps, Guidion seemed to settle into their new life though he still took his leaves of absence Oriana was no longer concerned that they would grow apart, and she waited for him each time to return with a smile and a kiss ready at moment should he walk through the door. She left Kain and Ana to themselves, seeing them only when food and fresh linens were needed, everything they could need was right there for them, Oriana knew they needed time for themselves even if Kain were still sleeping.
It happened one morning that Ana sent word with one of her staff, Kain was awake. At first Oriana wanted to go to them both but decided that they would need their moments alone, Ana had much to tell and they would need the time to grieve together for the loss of their child. A child who would have been loved and welcomed with arms wide opened into the tower, a child Oriana had already fallen in love with simply because that child would have been the child of her husbands sister and of her closest friend. She had mourned for that child that she had never known but she knew her upset was nothing compared to that of the grief Kain and Ana would feel. So she waited and when she felt the time was right, she went to the little sanctuary created for Ana and Kain and knocked on the door gently as she opened it just a crack and called through ...

Word has it that someones awake now?

Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:01 am
Stablehand

Kain was immobile, he wasn't able to even raise a limb. He calmed down in a few moments however as she lay against him. He wished he could take her into his embrace and hold her, but he was to weak, barely able to lift a finger. Kain, I love you more then life itself.... Right now you are the most important thing. I will deal with the child's death. Just knowing..... She got up and went out into the hall, he heard murmuring but couldn't hear what was being spoken. It seemed his hearing was off as well. She came back with water and washed his arms and face and combed his hair. He felt akward, like a child that couldn't take care of himself. He tried to move again, but couldn't, he didn't like being pampered like so, however he wouldn't protest, as he couldn't really do it himself. His shirt came off and she washed his chest and back and gave him a new clean shirt. He let out a weak sigh, then she spoke up again. I hope that feels better love. I have sent word to Oriana and Guidion that you are awake. I wanted to make sure you where fresh and clean before you had company. Taking care of you has the best thing for me since.... well since I have been home. I love you so much Kain and all I want is for you to be well again. He smiled weakly, his thoughts still lingering on his would be child. Another tear flushed forth, and slid down his cheek.

A chance to be a father, taken from him, this is something he will never forgive Solis for. Already Kain had a deep seeded hatred for the man, now... now, he had to stop thinking about it. She smiled, a forced one, but a smile none the less. He returned one, weak, but it was there.

Word has it that someones awake now? His eyes looked over and saw her, the woman who brought him back to life. Soon they would be brother and sister, through marriage, but they were already. He spoke up, awake..yes, able to move.. he couldn't finish the sentance. He was too weak, he instead looked back to Anarane, the reason he held onto his life.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:44 pm
Stablehand

Ana knew how hard it was for her Knight to be unable to care for himself. His condition had helped her as well as it saddened and worried her. It had served to keep her busy. It help to keep her from falling into despair once again. She lost control once already and thought of what could have happened worried her. She had burned down one house already in the past because of it. If she had damaged her sister in law's home she would never forgive herself.

As she finished getting him settled she saw the tear slide down his cheek. She leaned in and kissed it and softly wiped it away. She knew, she could feel why the tear came forth. She whispered to him, even though her heart still ached, Everything is going to be fine now my love. We have each other and we have our family.

Ana could feel his rage, for it matched hers beat for beat. She saw his weak smile and softly kissed it and pressed her cheek to his. As she did this, she heard the door creak open. She looked around to see Oriana in the doorway. She smiled at her sister in law as she motioned for her to come in.

Hush my love, you need to reserve your strength and I am sure that Oriana did not expect you to try to answer.

Yes Oriana, he is awake, but as you can see, he is still very weak. I knew though that he needed to see you and you him. He is in need of reassurance I would think. That he will in fact regain his strength.

She smiled at Oriana then down at Kain, as he looked at her. She gently caressed his cheek and leaned down and kissed his forehead. She then got up and moved to allow Oriana to come to him.

Death in Effect

Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:38 pm
Peasant

Her eyebrow arched as she crossed the room, the hems of her black robes rustling against the stone floor, the look on her face was one that could not be explained with words. Relief flooded through her knowing that Kain had awakened, even if he was weak at the moment, that was much better than the alternative. Gently she settled herself down next to Kain while smiling at Ana giving her silent thanks for allowing her to see her friend before she turned her full attentions to the warrior.

You really think your going to be stuck like this forever? Hell no Kain Dragonhand I'll not allow it let me tell you! You people have been in my home for weeks now and while I enjoy the company its becoming a little too crowded around here! Do you know what its like trying to.... well never mind that, THAT is none of your damn business now is it? Anyway like I was saying....

She leaned over and rested her forehead against his.....

Do not be discouraged Kain, you put yourself through one hell of an ordeal, even the strongest of men need time to make a full recovery, you might not think so right now, but you will become strong again, look at how far you have already come Kain, trust me Kain, I have never lied to you before I am not about to start now, you will be strong again....

Having said her piece she kissed his forehead then took to her feet, from inside a deep pocket of her robe she removed a small packet and slipped into Anaranes hand.

Now that he is awake, give him this in a draft at night before he sleeps, it will help him regain some of his strength, the rest will depend on him. If either of you needs anything I'll be in the main parlor.

She slipped through the door leaving the couple alone again knowing that they still needed time to themselves, now if she and Guidion could find time for each other all would be right in the world. With that thought in mind she set out to find her husband rather than going to the parlor.....

Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:37 am
Stablehand

Ana watched a the mage went to Kain. She smiled softly as Oriana sat down beside him. Ana nodded when Oriana thank her without the need for words. By the way she had watched over both of us, Ana knew that she needed to have a few minutes beside Kain.

Ana nearly laughed as Oriana acted like she was giving him a hard time. If this had been any other woman but her, Ana would have been jealous of the closeness they had. Oriana was so kind to him. She felt that between the two of us, we should be able to keep his spirits up. At least now he was on the road to recovery. It was going to be along journey, but Ana would be with him every step of the way.

Oriana rose from the bedside, reaching into her robe and pulls out a small packet, pressing it into her hand. Ana squeezed her hand and thanked her.

Now that he is awake, give him this in a draft at night before he sleeps, it will help him regain some of his strength, the rest will depend on him.

Anarane watched as Oriana left and walked back sitting down beside Kain once again. She reached out and gently caressed his face. She was so happy that he was awake. All she wanted to do at the moment was to look at him.

Oh my love, it is so good to see your eyes open. I have missed looking into them. Things are going to get better now. Each day you will grow stronger and before you know it, you will up and around.

She tried very hard not to cry again. She was just so happy that he was awake and back with her. Laying her head against his shoulder, she just sat there and held him close. I love you. She whispered softly.

Death in Effect

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:06 pm
Stablehand

He wanted to laugh when she first spoke up, but was unable to, there was a slight glee in his eye, accompanied by a weak smile. That was it, nothing more. She pressed her forehead against his, her violet eyes staring into his deep blue ones, his seemed distant, and faded... old. Still he had feelings for her, that much he knew, but they were locked deep inside in a place Anarane was unaware of despite their link. Oriana's eyes had always entrapped him, she went on about how he would recover, and to not get dsicouraged. He had already come so far.. he thought to himself, waking up was far? How long had he been out, he still didn't know.

She mentioned something about giving him something in drafts before he slept. He didn't know what, but he trusted the mage with his life. The two of them were closer than friends, she trusted him completely and he the same. She then left the room and Anarane sat beside Kain once again. The warrior was glad to see the both of them. Oh my love, it is so good to see your eyes open. I have missed looking into them. Things are going to get better now. Each day you will grow stronger and before you know it, you will up and around. She lay her head against his shoulder and said she loved him, again he wanted to take her in his embrace. However he was unable to move. As..I. lo..v.. yo.u. he strained out, unable to talk very well at all.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:03 pm
Stablehand

Anarane laid there for a few minutes. She smiled as Kain told her that he loved her as well. She sat up and looked into his beautiful eyes. They may still be dull, but the spark of life was in them. Ana was happy, at least for the most part.

Ana told him how she had spent the last two or three weeks taking care of him each day. How she had bathed, changed and feed him. How she had never given up hope. Something that he had taught her. How each night she would lay next to him to sleep and get up again each morning and start over again.

Anarane also told him she was not sure of how long had passed since that day, because of what had happened with the baby. She also told him about the fires and that from what she could tell, Oriana had rendered her unconscious to be able to put the fires out. Telling him that no damage had been done to the room. She had taken a few minutes one morning to go and check for herself, just to make sure.

By the time she had finished telling him everything, tears were running down her face again. She still was feeling the loss of the child that she was so happy to have been carrying. She knew that she had to put it behind her, but how does a mother do that. When she had felt the life growing in her. She reached up and wiped the tears away and smiled down at Kain.

I really felt bad about losing control again, love. Especially here. I know that it upset Oriana, even though she has never said anything to me about it. I just wish I knew how to make it up to her.

Ana laid down in the bed beside Kain. She moved his arm so that it was around her a bit. Maybe she had told him to much, for him just waking but once she started talking it just all spilled out at once. She looked up at him and kissed him on the cheek. She tasted the salt of his tears as she did. Whispering softly. I am sorry love. I shouldn't have put that all on you at once. She sighed heavily.

Death in Effect

Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:44 pm
Peasant

Unable to locate her husband the mage figured that he was taking some time to himself which was not unusual, given the circumstances of his return to her and the events that led up to Anarane and Kain residing at Tengwargul tower she could see why he might need that time. This left her to her own devices, which sent her yet again to the chair near the hearth blazing with firey life, and she was left to think. Her thinking led her to her visit with Kain, and after replaying the moments over in her mind she felt this overwhelming need to see him again, there had been something she hadnt seen before when she was last with him, but she saw it now and it was something that shook her to the core of her being. Getting to her feet she made the short trek from the parlor to the room where Ana and Kain had been housed for the past few weeks, unthinking she didnt knock when she opened the door and crossed the room, her violet eyes bore into eyes of brillant blue and she barely acknowledged Anarane, not on purpose but she had something on her mind that could not be ignored.
She stood at the foot of the bed her arms folded across her chest she reached out across the small distance between them and touched his mind, her words ebbing into his thoughts.....

Your mouth might now be able to move right now but your mind still functions Kain Dragonhand, I am telling you right now, and you are going to listen to me, you will get well again, you will be just as strong as you were if not stronger, I will make damn sure of that, you think I didnt see it there in your eyes Kain but I did, I KNOW what is going on in that mind of yours and you best believe I will pushing you with everything I've got to see to it that you get over this. If need be I will be the first thing you see in the morning, the last thing you see at night and the very thing you breathe, I will be everywhere Kain making sure you do not give up on yourself, that you shed these damn doubts.... you think its bad now, you havent seen bad yet my beloved, I will be your hell and your dream...
You will not be part of the cost of her freedom Kain....

Her sister in law probably thought she was insane standing there glaring at her furture husband but once Oriana realized that she had seen doubt, just a glimmer of it in Kain, she knew she had to do more than just try and ease his fears, if he was afraid that he would never be the same again that doubt, that fear could hinder his recovery and she was not going to let the man she knew him as before he played the hero do that to himself.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:07 am
Stablehand

His eyes followed Oriana while she left, never leaving her until she was out of sight, even then they lingered. Turning back to Ana he smiled weakly as she began to explain everything, two to three weeks it had been? He sat there listening as she spoke of it all. Had it really been so long, had the spell he wove had THAT much of a drain on him?

It hadn't been long, but Oriana burst back into the room, she physically spoke nothing but he could hear what she had on her mind. He could hear the stern tone behind it too.

Your mouth might now be able to move right now but your mind still functions Kain Dragonhand, I am telling you right now, and you are going to listen to me, you will get well again, you will be just as strong as you were if not stronger, I will make damn sure of that, you think I didnt see it there in your eyes Kain but I did, I KNOW what is going on in that mind of yours and you best believe I will pushing you with everything I've got to see to it that you get over this. If need be I will be the first thing you see in the morning, the last thing you see at night and the very thing you breathe, I will be everywhere Kain making sure you do not give up on yourself, that you shed these damn doubts.... you think its bad now, you havent seen bad yet my beloved, I will be your hell and your dream...
You will not be part of the cost of her freedom Kain....

He pondered her words, it hurt to hear them, was he really giving up. She always managed to see right through him, the walls he put in place, everything, there was a connection he and her had that went deep, maybe even moreso than he had with Anarane. She was right however, he needed to recover, and not give up. So much had happened recently, so very much, it brought him comfort that he was in the room with both of the women that held his heart. Yet at the same time it tore at him. No he couldn't give up, not with those that were counting on him.

Ori.. I promise you, I won't give up. There was still uncertainty behind it all.. he wasn't sure what was going on, why he couldn't be happy. Many thoughts surfaced and repressed themselves. It was time to think about getting better.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:08 am
Peasant

You don't need to promise me anything Kain, and I will tell you why, even if you wanted to give up, I wouldnt let you, you really stepped in it this time, you and Ana both might as well get used to the fact that for the following months or however long it takes you belong to me....

She winked at him then knowing he would understand that what she was really telling him was that she would be there as she had promised long ago to help him through his darkest days, and she knew by looking at him that he had a long way to go still, everyone was going to have to understand that the bond between the mage and the warrior ran deep, there really were no words to describe what they shared and that she took it as a personal responsability to do whatever she could for him. She went to his side then and leaned down to whisper in his ear.

Close your eyes now and dream beloved, dream of the life you could have and let those dreams give your heart, your mind strength... your going to need it

Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:56 am
Stablehand

...might as well get used to the fact that for the following months or however long it takes you belong to me.... She winked at him, and he smiled, laughing inside. She came back over and sat on the bed next to him, leaning in and whispering, Close your eyes now and dream beloved, dream of the life you could have and let those dreams give your heart, your mind strength... your going to need it, again she was right, Kain would need rest if he was to recover from this. It had been so long he'd probably have to learn how to walk again, his muscles atrophying. He let out a sigh, he was glad both of them were there at his side, and he wished he was able to speak, but he could not.

He looked over to Anarane, and considered himself blessed to have her at his side. Then to Oriana, knowing he could count on her whenever. Of course, being Kain he would try to speak anyhow, and made several attempts despite Oriana telling him to rest. Kain was too stubborn, it was his nature. Part of him wanted to stop trying, but part of him wanted to try harder. He resigned himself to rest however at finding himself unable to move, and speak. He looked to his wife to be one last time before the world faded from view, and the darkness took him once again. How long would he be out this time? He didn't know.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:52 am
Stablehand

Anarane had closed her eyes while she was laying next to him. They flew open as Oriana came flying back in the room and went to the foot of the bed. Her arms where crossed over her chest and she was staring at Kain. She felt something in the air between them, but she didn't know what it was. She suddenly felt very out of place. She felt like she was intruding into something private where she didn't belong.

It took all her will not to get up and run from the room. Ana watched as Oriana come and sat next to him and leaned in and whispered something in his ear. Her emotion state was such that she was on the verge of tears once again. Ana bit down on the inside of her lip as his eyes closed again. It kind of scared her when they did, but she knew he needed to rest. She gently pulled the blanket up over him and moved one of the pillows, laying him back down. She reached over and softly caressed his cheek. The love and concern shown in her eyes.

She turned and gave Oriana a soft smile as she moved off the bed and walked to the window. As she looked out across the grounds, the tears slide quietly down her face. She was exhausted herself. She still had not gotten all her strength back or had she time to really mourn for the babe. Anarane had put all her energies into taking care of Kain. Now, for reasons she could not explain, she felt like she wasn't doing a very good job. If anyone one had been looking at her, they would see that she felt lost. She was doing her best, but she began to wonder if it was good enough.

Ana was slowly losing herself in self doubt and confusion. This was not a good thing. When she lost control of her mind and emotions, the fires would soon follow. She never seemed to be aware of when this started happening to her.

She turned suddenly back into the room, a look of fear came to her emerald eyes. Ana ran from the room and down the stairs. She burst out the front door, running across the courtyard. She ran until she came to a place where there was a clearing, then just dropped to her knees. The sparks were flashing all around her as small fires began to burst forth. They went unnoticed as she sat there sobbing.

Death in Effect

Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:22 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next