It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:34 am

The Silence of the night is broken(Tiavain vs. Silence) 
Stablehand

Post The Silence of the night is broken(Tiavain vs. Silence)
ooc: Well, I don't have the starting stats, but I'm sure someone does. I'm just making the war thread.

ic:

The horns had been blowing in the distance for days. Armies had been spoted on the march, other scouts had simply not to return. Something big was certainly going to happen.

Arrnek had his scouts going deep into enemy fields for days before the attacks were planed. The information he was bringing back would prove priceless. Yet, there were some members of the guild that he could simply not find. Almost as if they didn't exist.

The battles had started early that evening. His own sorceres doing what they could in the battle for glory. But they eventually had to stop to regenerate their powers for another attack. The skies were aglow in a red light as buildings burned and the flesh of thousands was baked crisp.

The cries died down in the air and just rusles could be heard in the field. He gave the command for his troops to ready themselves for a charge. This would be a day of glory...

run.......
[/center]

Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:22 pm
Stablehand

Days it had been since Foret granted him the lands to which build a kingdom on. It had been built to magificent glory for his God. Laborers were treated with a celebration as the newly built castle was constructed and peasents around the land flocked to the lands of the Chosen One. The Pillars arose. There was great joy in the lands as spectators looked on with awe.

The Prophet glazed over his kingdom on top of these magical pillars. He wanted to join in on the celebration but alas he had to deal with intrution on his lands first. Experimental Mage Taff had just sent along a scribe of deepest regrets for the killing of our protection shakes. The Prophet trusted his word, his honor and granted the murderers silence, that the deed would be forgiven in the eyes of the lord.

Days later, more of Tiavain's scum were lurking around his lands sneaking in the shadows trying to view the layout of his grand lands. To no avail they failed over and over again..but they kept trying getting themselves caught and tried. The Prophet would not forgive transgressions that go unanswered from lands whom they were sent. They were merely hung.

The Scrolls, The Wise. The Scum. With the constant lurking, The Prophet knew that they would be coming for his land anyday now. So he prepared. It was forseen that they would deem of followers of foret unworthy and attempt to slay us. His guildmates all posted word that they had been also been scouted by the heathens.

The day came, his fellow guildmates were bombared by burnings and lootings and murders all across the lands of the Silence. Later that night the armies and magic came laying waste to the proud lands of the Silence.

Speak....

The Prophet could hold his tongue no longer. He sent for a scribe.

Quote:
Lord Taff, Experimental Archmage.

You told me lies, you told me that your thieves were lost. How malicious of you to lie to me to gather information on my land and pretend that it was no more than that. I granted your murders mercy and this is how you repay me? There is no honor in your words, nothing....Silence. My armies will match towards your lands. Be prepared.

The Prophet sighed. It had come to this. Justice and Honor shall prevail in the lands of Maxim. They would not get away with these crimes. His kingdom was still in tact, but many of his guildmates had already fallen.

Vowing to help his guildmates, for the glory of Foret and honor he put his troops in motion towards the lands of the Tiavain. The followers of the God Foret were few in the lands, but the Prophet knew everyone of them was proud of their choice. We the few, We happy, We band of brothers. He would help make Foret proud.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:46 pm
Stablehand

Peace would soon not last as Tiavain thieves are caught day in and day out in our lands. Information gatherers. But each time they failed.

I killed more thieves each day.

Ive taken their heads and placed them on spears all over the border area of my lands, but that has not even stopped them. They dont fear for their lives. I

f they dont appreciate their life, then i wont hesitate to take it away from them.

My army is prepared to march. Prepared to kill. Word has come that Tiavain has marched upon Silence lands. Such act cant go unpunished.

Send out scouts. Inform me of any heathen activity. Burn and loot with out mercy.

!~Kitasstrophy~! WeeC

Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:20 pm
Stablehand

"Lord Khellendros, you must hire troops, we are taking a great risk" stated General Harakan.

"You dare to question my authority. I was ruling an empire greater than your imagination before your father's father was even a gleam in his father's eye." hissed Khellendros "I will determine when it is necessary to add troops and that time has not yet come. I know you witnessed the construction of the line of fortifications on our frontier. Those fortifications shall protect us from any attempted first strike."

"My lord, I apologize for my haste but please add scouts and thieves to protect our citizens and buildings from the torch of opposing scum." begged Harakan.

"Fool, we are the chosen of Foret. He watches over us and shall ensure that we survive any first strike." stated Khellendros.

:: a day passes ::

:: General Harakan rushes back into the lair of Khellendros ::

"My lord, thieves have broken in and desecrated 80% of our temples! I fear Foret's protection may not be enough to protect us." stammered Harakan.

"Your fear is unjustified. We are only a few hours away from the appointed meeting time with the rest of the guild. We shall neither rebuild our damage nor train any troops. Foret shall continue to watch over us as he has always done, do not lose faith and do not bother me with these minor details." purred Khellendros.

:: ISTARI DTIAVAIN has declared war on you ::

"Prepare the priests! The sorcerors of Dtiavain are testing our defenses." shouted General Harakan.

:: Foul lights brighten the sky as the divine protection of Foret is torn asunder. Cruel strikes of lightning seek out our highest towers to no avail for the cries of the priests regenerate the protection of Foret. The night is once again filled with smoke as fire and shadowy figures as our temple district is further destroyed but the fires spread to the guild halls of the commerce district ::

"General Harakan, prepare dragons and some scouts for war has found us. We shall ride this out. Our sorcerors must maintain a vigil all night to protect us from further magical assault. We must last through the night. Tomorrow we shall see about bring death and destruction to these fools." roared Khellendros.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:25 pm
Stablehand

he had failed. he had failed once again. he knew he would again, even after this. but he had to.

push. one, two, three... seventeen. seventeen. seventeen. seventeen. seventeen times three straight down his arm.

he thought gek suspected. but gek said nothing. good gek... loyal gek. gek was always there when he needed him most. on the battlefield. in war planning sessions. where his father was concerned.

his orders lay in moving with the fourth, eighth and ninth battalions to cover the approach of the main body of the army to the south, to attack the city of tiavain. his body of troops were also to mount a dirisive attack into the left flank of an army knew to be disengaging from combat with other foret armies.

at his disposal for this he had a force of 150 mounted skirmishers, 100 light cavalry and 200 heavy cavalry.

their units had wheeled around from army reserve in the centre, turning north, then north west. marching in formation with the ninth battalion on his right, his battalion in the van, the eighth on his left, the fourth battalion and the cavalry in reserve, their drive had led them to seperate from the main force by a distance of what should have been some two miles - but, in reality, had been double that.

he had put them at risk. he had overextended them.

their drive led them to an exposed position as the disengaging army sought refuge inside the city. but, he knew that the enemy commander had seen what he would have seen - an opportunity to defeat an inferior opponent.

the enemy commander did not wait long. his units struck quickly, almost right off the march. they were aiming for the flank and rear of the ninth battalion - an action which would leave the remainder of the unit at the advancing enemy's mercy. something he could not allow to happen.

but his operations, his plans, they had been thrown to pieces. how could he have miscalculated so? how could he have led his forces into such an obviously inferior position? why had he not thought of this? why? why?

wheel the battalion around north and north east. he heard the faint whisper. from somewhere out there, as if in the wind, those words were being carried. why? why had he not considered all possibilities.

sir, wheel the battalion around north and north east. why? why?? it was becoming louder. he could hear himself talking. saying the words over again. and he heard those words in the wind.

"sir, wheel the battalion around north and north east. the cavalry will take up the rear while the eighth battalion moves around behind us and helps to hold the line. we will outflank their forces, and destroy them."

gek. gek had said those words. he looked at his subbordinate.

"outflank..." he whispered. he looked across the battlefield. this was no organized army. this was an army in disarray; they were attacking off the march. they had not concentrated for a concerted attack. the cavalry might break him.

gek was right.

"give the signal, wheel the battalion around. we drive into their flank. bring the cavalry along behind us, then around our left wing; we'll cover their manoeuvre, but we need them here fast. kronn will know what to do."

kronn, the dwarf. diminuative on his horse. his folk mocked him, though only in jest; they knew of his battle prowess. they knew he was one of the finest cavalrymen to grace tonan.

and so kronn brought his forces along behind his battalion, as they drove into the mass of infantry that had almost engulfed the ninth battalion. the ninth had taken severe casualties thus far; but the line had not been broken. it would not break, he knew. it would hold. not because of him; he had made this mistake. he should have known this would happen.

his battalion pressed home the attack as the eighth came into action on the right flank, and the skirmishers began disengaging for the cavalry to smash in the enemy's flank. he saw a dip in a signal penant; more enemy forces were arriving on the scene in the distance. he was not overjoyed at the thought; he had been careless.

as fresh enemy troops arrived, the line buckled, the cavalry having broken into the main body of the enemy formations. they were a broken mass of infantry, and the general attack opened. his soldiers were slaughtering the now disorganized enemy ranks.

it would be a victory, but he would not forgive himself. not tonight. not ever.

seventeen. he was alright... for now.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:19 am
Stablehand

Yoshimutsu felt the changes in the winds well before the first messages came to his study. Only a short time had it been since he'd returned to his keep after..escaping..from. No, he wouldn't dwell on that for the moment, the red haze was still too close at hand. Instead he read the reports newly arrived. The Torturer Maledict had engaged his faithmates of the Freeman's Law, a group he knew almost nothing about, though the Officium Yoshimutsu was well aware of. A short prayer of strength he spake unto Isonia for his brethren as they faced the malice of Darden's finest.

More pressing to his thoughts was the assault on the pre-eminent group of Foret's faithful, the Cacophony of Silence by the city-state of Tiavain. The magi of the city appeared more numerous at this late hour, but Silence perhaps held the whiphand in terms of strength. He sighed, rubbing at the shaven part of his head in thought. Perhaps the only good thing that came of these two clashes at present was that he would remain relatively unmolested, so long as he remained close to Imhabia.

His holdings had remained minimal during his absence, but slowly he was reclaiming them from the brigands and bandits that had encroached while he was away. For now though he would fortify rather than maraud, trusting to Isonia to provide for his safety behind towers and walls.

Nevertheless, a message would need to be despatched to the citystate informing them of his wellwishes, even if he could not aid them directly. But it could wait til the morning.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:48 am
Stablehand

Kyoji stood in his command tent. For once there was fighting and none of his advisors had tried to keep him from it. Perhaps it was the threat of death he had given them. Perhaps it was because he onlyhad one advisor left. The rest had died when the Heathen state of Tiavan had invaded. Before they tried to destroy him, Kyoji had been a prince among the lands. Diplomats came to his court. The new from silence was that of war and Kyoji would not be the underdog for once. Familiarity is a a horrible thing. Kyoji was the underdog again. Hordes of thieves and scoundrels burned his lands. His temples were the main target. Then the storms came. They were no regular storms. Isonian magic, every one. Then an armiy laid siege. And now Kyoji stood in a tent with two colonels. It was all he had left. His empire was nothing. Almost not worth defending. That was fine with Kyoji, he would use that to take.

It took all told about five working in coordination to topple Kyoji. It was well enough, those five could have probably done the same to two others in Silence were Kyoji not there. Kyoji had each of their names. And he was finding them. One in particular. The one who took his land. Kyoji sat on his old doorstep and waited for the order to take it back. A falcon flew to the Isonian camp with a message that read: I am coming. You will pay.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:32 am
Stablehand

The Earth Trembled as The Chosen One's forces marched on enemy grounds. This murder had already stolen the lands of the Silence.

Foretelling the future is something the Prophet takes pride in. More often than not he would be right. In this case he was, his armies laid waste to the heathen lands and reclaimed it for his guild.

His fortifications were strong, The ones from the Tiavain were miserable in their attacks and were quickly slain by his heavy fortifications.

The Pillars were still standing high eminating the power of Foret. Upholding justice and honor in the lands.....

Grabing the nearest messenger, The Prophet sent out a giant magical message to his friends, his allies, and his people.

"The time has come to finish off the heathens that dared to pillage in vengence from the past. It is time we show them what fear really is. March on my brothers! We shall be victorious!"

Drowning out the sounds of battle, he sat down and prayed for the goodspeed of all that supports him and Foret.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:21 pm
Stablehand

Sire, scouts report that there is a Tiavain city up ahead. Should i prepare army?

No. Gather Intelligence. We might have the courage and the rage to kill them, but they might have some sort of defense. Send scouts to inform of of their defenses.

Scouts have come back. They report that they have seen 2498 temples. 500 forts, and their army is all disperesed.

2498 temples. To top it all of.. it had to be Elven.

Shall I tell our thieves to burn them down??

Hit or burn...Hit or burn... Hit or burn...

No. Prepare army's, we hit today. We will burn the temples down once our armys are in. One quick assault. Might as well do it now.

!~Kitasstrophy~! WeeC

Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:28 pm
Stablehand

It had been the priests. They had demanded this war.

Over and over and over again, since the armies had returned from the long trek to reach the Sanctum Officium.

The Silent Ones must pay, they said. They must pay for the lives they took. Took, when the armies of Tiavain flew a white flag upon approach. They ignored the flag and attacked, reducing their numbers severely and impacting greatly upon the outcome with the Officium.

Astavia stood, moving from cot to cot, from wounded to sick, placing her hands on some, administering potions to others. These were the ones who had made it back to the outpost at the edge of the desert. Made it back, once more from the Foretians lands.

Astavia was not a warrior. She was an Istar. An Istar in the service of the priests, it seemed more and more. They dictated life these days. The Istari of Tiavain no longer dwelt in ignorant bliss of the world outside the desert. The Holy Wars had been brought to them and it had been the Silent Ones who had shown Astavia just how firm a grasp the Gods and the priests had on the peoples of this land.

Astavia did not fight. She could not wield a sword, just being around blades caused her more pain than she could sometimes bear. She was a healer and she was spending more and more time in the ever growing tents set up to shelter Tiavain's military wounded.

When had control slipped away from the Istari? When had the priests gained so much subtle power?

Astavia placed a skin of water to a man's lips, lifting his head, so he could drink.

She wondered if the others had noticed the shift. She doubted it. They were so involved in their own petty squabbles and rivalries within and between the Houses, that she was sure they had been blinded to it. Even those most pious Houses probably had no idea that the Temple of Isonia had manipulated them into this war.

This would not be the last time. The people of the City looked more and more to the priests for answers, as the wars raged. There were more caravans from other parts of the Isle, as more people heard of the city in the desert. With them, they brought stories and news of the Holy Wars. The people were scared. When the people are scared they look to their Gods for answers, not to the Istari, not to those who run the city.

Astavia had realized this when the decision came to march once more into the Silent Lands. She did not agree or disagree, there was no point.

The priests and the people wanted revenge. They wanted Isonia avenged. Her axe would fall upon those who had struck at Tiavain during their crossing to the Officium.

Astavia let the man's head rest upon the cot once more, rising to stare out the tent opening at the bustling camp.

Her revenge went beyond the lives lost to the Silent Ones. Vengeance upon them was being wrought as she stood looking at the passing clouds, just as it was being wrought to those whose armies had swelled with the ranks of the fallen last war. The undead ones of Risetti marched once more. They would fall. Their souls would rest, their families would be avenged also.

Her Silent foes. Her Silent allies. She had mixed feelings, as she looked to a priest who called for her to come. There was need of her help in Tiavain, to strengthen the magic protecting the temples in the White District which had come under heavy attack from the Foretian's priests' magic.

She left the healing tents and the camp behind, returning to the city, to lend her help to the Isonian priests. She did it not out of piety, but out of the knowledge that the Temple was the rising power in the city. She would be with them, all the way.

My stave predicts my path, white on winter white,
cold as bones left in the ashes of abandoned fire rings
[/center]

Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:40 pm
Stablehand

He had come too late the war had already begun. He hated being one of the last ones to march. The information that was available to him made it hard to do anything with. But he did hear of the targets that were wanted to be taken down. With a smile he took a breath and headed for the first his armies were easily repelled. He tried for the second and this time it was so close to them being able to break through. He called back his armies and went to find more to the army. It had been suggested that he get dragons and riders to attack. He would spend the money to do that. With the added force they were able to break through. He continued to order the attacks until his troops were too tired to fight anymore than had them pull back.

Then it came later that evening when he was sitting and thinking. He was not sure how they were going to do the rest of the war but he was glad he was able to play a part in it. He knew that those in the lands of Silence would come back fighting hard.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:16 pm
Stablehand

We had just come to the new land, and we were in the midst of rebuilding our lives. We had just came from a long journey frought with peril. We had been persued across a great distance. We knew we would never see our homeland again. But the people of this new land welcomed us with open arms, and showed us where we could build anew. The days ahead seem bright and full of good hope. Our children were once again playing and laughing instead of looking over their shoulders and crying themselves to sleep at night. The lauging warmed my heart. This land I knew would be good to us, and the people who had welcomed us would do all they can to help us rebuild our lives.

I had just returned to my lodging after a full day of helping build the temple to Our Goddess, when a blood curdling scream cut through the air. I stood and grabbed the Sword of Kesh and ran out the door towards the scream. The sight that beheld my eyes stunned me. The temples and the lodges were ablaze. I did not know at the time that intruders had come.

The war captain on watch was ever alert and began to blow the war horn to assemble my stout warriors. I ran to the muster area where the men were forming, the watch captain came running to me when he saw me, "My Lord, I am not sure who they are, they gave no warning, they came in droves, and we could barely hold them back.!" I placed my hand on his arm, "Do not worry, we may have lost the outlining lands, but we will hold them here, get the archers to the walls, and tell the women and children to get to the safe hideout!" The watch captain ran to carry out my orders.

"Form in ranks, and remember, we defend our New Home!" The warriors all veterans that have been with me for many years at once became the true warriors. I paused just a moment remembering, some had that very day were being carpenter, masons and were trying to rebuild something for our people, and now some new enemy had come to try to take that away from us. "Let us go out and meet them, and let them know we will not be driven from our new home!" I cried. We ran afoot, for we did not have enough mounts yet.

We ran through the gates and met the enemy, and the battle for our homes began!

Cougar, Guardian of the Sword of Tesh!

Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:18 pm