It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:15 pm

A New Cycle 
Stablehand

Post A New Cycle
Looking around I revelled in the tranquility of this place. Ever sence I was a young girl I cam here to contimplate the things the troubled me. Weather it was the colors of the various flowers or their sweet sent I had no clue as to what put me at ease. A small fountain was to my back its trickle of water sounding much like that of a stream. Off in one corner an oak stood tall and proad as it had all my life. A bird drifted in and out of its protective embrace. Its song adding to the peacfulness of my mother's garden. Thoughts of her surfaced within my mind. I remembered her warm smile and long brown hair and my heart wished her company agaiin. Perhaps I should visit her when I went to Tarian Dor when the Senate was in session. My mind made up I would visit my mother at the temple where she now acted as High Priestess. Only taking the position this last year when I myself came of age. Able to represent House Siklarrosi in the Senate. Mother would love to see me though father would object. I often heard him complain that she chose to become a Priestess just to get away from him. He had become bitter this past year his temper becoming shorter. Just last week he beat one of the slaves so severly it almost cost her, her life. And over what? No one really knew some speculated the slave was sharing my father's bed and he beat her in a jealous rage because she was looking at another man.

I bent and inhailed the sweet smell of a rose. My father's love life was no concern of mine. So I let the sweetness of the bud wash the trouble within my house away. More disturbing thoughts arose. Thoughts of a new Emperour and an old one dead from foul deeds. Thoughts of a Emperour my age running an Empire when I was not even trusted to run my own house. Father would steward over me for another three years until my eighteenth cycle even if I could take my place in the Senate at the age of fifteen. The boy had done so many surprising things in a week he had sent the Empire to war and called an emergancy council, which was coming in six days, I reminded myself. It was rumored that he himself had beheaded the merchant that had brought the fated wine to his father's table. I would see him soon enough, my curiosity perked. Tomarrow we would depart for the Capitol. Tarian Dor was a city of legend and story and one I anticipated visiting greatly. It would be my first time to walk along its broad avenues, to gaze upon great citidal and the Senate House. I could only smile something new to expierence.

Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:01 pm