It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 pm

A New World Order: SAO vs INX 
Stablehand

Post A New World Order: SAO vs INX
[OOC] for any in game issues like stats, peace talks or anything else, get a hold of me on ICQ (64897590) or PM.[/OOC]

After days of planning, the decision had been made. SAO had come up with their first battle plans of their first age under the banner of Darden. It had been an easy one to make.

Azrael scouts had reported to him that the Foret guild In Extremis was hording a cashe full of ancient magic texts and artifacts. The Foret scum were not worthy of it, not worthy of the magic, not worthy to practice it. If every one of their peasants, farmers and warriors were to be destroyed then so be it.

The plans laid out before him, Azrael instructed Kain, Anarane, Oriana, Guidion, Pyren, and Ginger on what was to be done. Not suprisingly, for tactical as well as finding the magical items, the Foretians temples were the first to be destroyed.

Azrael's own realm had even joined the battle. He had taken in a band of Drobens, and soon found his realms fighters were now filled with Droben warriors. They would serve his purpose well enough.

Now all they could do was wait and brace for the retaliation. Knowing Foret's it would be significant, but those that know SAO know that climbing back against them is no easy feat either.

We shall never rest[/glow]

[/center]

Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:15 pm
Stablehand

He opened the scroll that had materialized on his desk. As the top came off the silver message tube he could feel the wards unravel. This missive was ment for his eyes only it seemed. Once the parchment was spread over the desk he took four weights to hold each corner down. First there seemed to be a map of the lands and the lands of where the enemy lay. Guidion memorized the lay and quickly pointed out the stronger kingdoms. Once done, the picture changed to the assigned targets. Of course he would be sent out against the more stronger kingdoms. That was hardly any surprise at all anymore considering what Azreal thought of him.

Dully noted then. First the kingdom to the west of here, then we shall go south. Once we overtake them there we will move east towards the tower. There we will sit and wait for further orders.

He was talking mostly to himself but the the two army captains sat near the hearth listening to him talk outloud. Once he stopped in his pacing he looked towards the two sitting there sipping on thei mugs of dark mead.

Well gents, let get it done.

Without another word the two left the chamber. With that the campain had started. He knew his wife was already busy with matters of this war. Soon he would be at her doorstep he thought. Once again at the tower of his beloved. Once more he was sent out to rouse the hens out of the henhouse. He did feel like a wolf then. The hunger for war was growing within him once more. The thought of blood soaking his hands made him smile. He let out a laugh and went to join his armies.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:39 am
Peasant

Orders were sent and orders would be followed, she did not question her fathers motives, in fact she had agreed with them, her own scouts had reported the findings of the artifacts that had now become the subject of lengthy conversations so she knew them to be accurate, however that did not stop her from thinking off handedly that her father had another motive in mind for the latest call to war. Try as she might she could not help but think that deep in the caverns of her fathers cold heart he was secretly hoping that Guidion would manage to get himself killed during battle. Of course she also believed that her father would not be so cruel to her or to Tierney as to hope for such a thing, however, what she assumed her father thought was neither here nor there at the moment. War was upon them and her concentration, all her energies were to be pooled to the core of her being, already the blood in her veins hummed with anticipation as if the cells were concious of what was to come. High up in the arcanic sanctuary of Tengwargul tower she waited for the signal from her father, the magi from her armies awaited their orders from the Archmage, Oriana had remained behind to deal with the workings of the more complicated spells while she had sent her magi to enemy lines, the brilliant bursts of color that lit the night sky near her tower, the signal sent from the Isle of Winds informed her that war had begun, and so began her role in the war, so began the new world order for her, for Azrael for all the Souls of Magic Night.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:19 am
Stablehand

Runecaster swore and punched the wall, leaving an even greater crack in the structure. Though the hordes of SAO had done more than just crack the now non-existent ceiling.

Fully half his lands were now under enemy controls as the larger kingdoms of SAO rolled forwards. He swore once more and left the building. Striding down the too-quiet street he sighed and considered how every time he made plans someone had to come and interrupt them. Noone was ever happy to just let him be for that one more day that was needed.

Reaching the city walls, he looked out and saw the banners of five... possibly six different armies. Their sorcerors were readying for yet another barrage against the inhabitants.

No fist had been raised against them, no aggressive actions made. Runecaster had even forgiven the spies found in his lands. Obviously mercy and politeness counted for nothing these days. He signalled his remaining commanders and gave his orders.

Abandon this city. Pull back to the capital. There is no use fighting over this decimated place. Regardless, we have no choice in the matter.

Runecaster moved with his troops as they evacuated the city. The enemy troops, resting after a long night's slaughter, were thankfully oblivious to this or they would surely take the opportunity to slaughter yet more of the peasants and battle-weary troops that surrounded him. He stopped and waited for the last of his men to pass by and examined the town.

He would not lose another city to the invaders.

Raising his arms he called upon the forces within him, and bound nature to his will. Black clouds gathered and lightning forked down around him as the powerful forces resisted his whim. But Runecaster held firm, ignoring the power lancing down from the skies. Soon, the city began to shudder. Cracks ran through the streets and buildings alike as the supernatural force overcame their human forged strengths. Slowly, the entire city collapsed in upon itself, rubble filling the broken streets and dust spreading through the air. But it did not end there. Sweat beaded on Runecaster's face as he continued to control the earth itself. Slowly, the city began to disappear. The cracks in the streets formed gaping voids into which the very land itself was falling. Inevitably, the entire city and much land surrounding it, fell inwards and disappeared into the gaping crater.

As the dust began to settle and the enemy troops wondered at what had just happened, the lone figure of Runecaster turns, unnoticed, and followed his men.

That is land you will never take...

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:36 pm
Stablehand

The massive tome landed with a dull thud, raising clouds of dust that settled slowly in the thick and ancient air. There was no breeze, no movement, save for that caused by the figure who slowly wandered amongst the books. He was stopped now, hunched over the table and examining the volume. It had not been opened in many years, he knew not how many, and crackled and creaked as he turned the pages, as though they were made of solid wood.

This particular book was one of the less interesting ones. It concerned the 'Art of War' and in many respects was a simple statement of logical philosophy. Gideon furrowed his brow. This was mostly common sense, certainly nothing new to be gleaned that might aid the cause. He replaced the book and moved on down the line.

So SAO had taken the bait? So many people did. Magical artifacts were all so... derivative. It was easy to make one look like another, to take a book and make it look important with the addition of some fancy spines and covers. The Order had libraries in every nook and cranny of the world. Except for this one, the great Librarius. To keep something hidden from the world it was best not to have it in the world at all...

The first strike had been hard. Luckily, things were in order. Certain members of the order would not be pleased at the sacrfices that had to be made, but still. The plan was to be followed. In time, the benefits would be reaped.

Now where was Kessler? And news of the retaliation?

Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Seclorum

Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:06 pm
Stablehand

Location: St.Maarten, Netherlands Antilles, but going to school in Miami, FL
Isis grinned as she moved through the halls of her kingdom, greeting passing warriors and the servants who scrambled to serve them. War had come swiftly to her door, and she had welcomed it with open arms and raised swords. Though none had really come, she still remained prepared, refusing to allow the men much rest through the night.

She had spent the afternoon having lunch with Andrew, Pasha and a visitor to the lands. Entertaining was Isis' second favorite thing to do, after disposing of invaders to her precious lands. Her frequent absence troubled her, but it pleased her to see that her advisors could handle the added burden.

Well, my lady, any comments you wish to share? Andrew asked, downing the remainder of his ale.

Now Andrew, you know I've vowed to try and stop that silly behavior, Isis replied, stretching languidly and reading over scrolls that had just been placed before her. A dead silence descended upon those present, yet it was soon broken by Andrew's sputtering laughter into his mug. Isis frowned and sat up indignantly. I am quite serious! I intend to put a stop to my mocking of guild names.

Pasha was grinning so broadly his cheeks were gradually turning a bright shade of red. He shook his head and returned to the roasted lamb leg that occupied his plate. Isis glanced at him and he met her eye. She could control it no longer.

Fine! Fine! she screeched, throwing her hands up in surrender. I've come up with as much as Simian Ants...my mind has no strength to find a final word for them. So for now, they will be Simian Ants.

Andrew grinned and poured more ale for them all.

I don't even know their proper name to begin with, Isis sniffed, and she returned to the reports. The scrolls pleased her, which was something, seeing as how scrolls rarely did.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:42 pm
Stablehand

The bodies were strewn about as if a great wind had yanked them from their slumber and tore them to pieces, women children even the elderly Gro'tik the goblin puppet master Pyren had brought in to teach the young ones a history of their people. He had his throat slit from ear to pointy ear while he sat in his resting chair.
The returning soldiers albeit with silent morns and single tears running down their faces stood steadfast in their ranks, an uncommon thing to goblins who were more prone to live by their emotions.
Pyren made his way thru his city assessing the damage done and making mental notes of the act, by those who served the silver god.
spits at the thought of the name.

Pyren oredered his men to disperse and begin the clean up and burial of the dead in a great pit, with a small contingent he rode thru the rest of his city en route to to Sidhe magi.
Not much has made his blood boil for a long time and this act will not go unpunished as he rode hard towards Azraels lands he cursed them.

By Dardens breath, followers of Foret under banner of In Extremis, i will rip thru you and not stop till you are crushed like an any under my boot, this i swear by the bowl of despair.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:43 pm
Stablehand

Bodies fell around him as his charge of men continued through the streets, murdering peasents and the approaching armed forces of this kingdom. Romanu paused to stare at the crimson stained body of a young man still gripping his crossbow in two hands. The figure gasped at the air, then coughed in a sickening sound containing a gurgle only the dying can make. As the man writhed, Romanu knelt down, raising his dagger above his head and then forcing down his gentler emotions, acted to silence the figure.

Just before the expected cracking sound as the blade lowered, Romanu's left shoulder thrust back and a sharp pain called out to Romanu's head. The pain was followed by a warm trickle down his arm. A long but satisfied sigh ended as Romanu tried to sit and he watched as the young man collapsed into his final state of sleep. The man had fired the bow, but fortunately had not aimed particularly well in his condition and so, just clipped Romanu's shoulder.

You could have killed me! I was only trying... to kill you. Ah. Well, at least it was not slightly to the right.

Romanu rubbed his neck in relief and stood up. Looking around he saw the town decay. Ravaging civilians was not his style. It lacked finesse, charm and intrugue. Reports had reached him of his own lands, where his home lay on the verge of take-over, but never-the-less he knew the warriors would not give up. As for now Romanu would continue to plague the streets of his enemies and defend the secret guild until death.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:39 pm
Stablehand

Kain had not yet fully recovered from the spell he had cast to free his love Anarane from the clutches of Risetti, however since the training session with Azrael Kain had regained much of his strength. He was called upon by the arch magus once more. He knew what it was however, last time they had spoke they discussed war, this must be that war. Calling his steed he had his advisor Salisan gather the troops, and ready the temples. He also had him go speak to the drow Kain had hired, much work had to be done that night.

Leaving orders with his advisor, he made his way Anarane's room, quietly he entered to see her laying on the bed, still asleep. Smiling for a moment, he watched her, leaning against the doorway. He knew that he could not linger for long however. A war was about to be fought, walking over to the bed, he sat on the edge of it, and leaned over kissing her on the forehead. Time to wake my love, he said with a smile. The sun beat down upon the bed through the stained glass window up on the stone wall.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:35 pm
Peasant

Of course it would have been foolish for any of them to believe they would come out of any war unscathed, the very idea was absurd at best and even caused the mage to laugh if only a little, she could not bring herself to believe that any within her ranks or within the ranks of the guild as a whole could be so gulliable. War always held consequences no matter the initiator, there was loss of life, of land, the only thing any of them on either side could depend on to hold true was a sense of pride. Not boastful arrogant pride, pride in the fact that each side stood their ground, each side did what was needed. no there was no room in her mind for arrogance from any of them, but of course her thoughts were not the thoughts of others and she fully expected to hear the whispers on the winds, the rumors milling about how the mighty Azraels realm had fallen under attack in the cover of night, the work of silent assassins coming into play, when armies could do no damage, she had to admit it was a tactic she had used once or twice herself when face with a do or die situation, there were of course the reports of Pyren having come under the same lethal assault, this of course led her to worry for Guidion, but that worry had to be set aside, her faith in her husband was immeasurable, and there were matters of great importance that she had to oversee, and oversee them she did. Her orders were followed to the letter, she expected nothing less and was given nothing less, those whose forces still held strong whether they were forces of steel or of the arcane were sent forth once again and now new reports reached her. From what she saw, while the followers of Foret were beaten, but she knew better than to think they would accept defeat, where there was will there was a way, her fathers realm, Pyrens realm were proof enough of that......

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:58 pm
Stablehand

Anarane had been exhausted from setting things up for war. She didn't really relish going to war, but she had much to protect. There were things that would need taken care of as soon as the war was over. She had drifted off with a smile on her face. Her beloved Kain had all but regained his strength. She knew that all was set in the sorcery, so she knew she could rest.

Ana didn't hear Kain come into the room or how long he had been there. He came and sat on the edge of the bed and after giving her a kiss on the forehead she stirred. Ana heard is voice invade her dreams. Time to wake my love. She opened her eyes to see his smiling down at her. She felt the sun warm on her face as it shone through the stained glass window. She smiled up at him.

Good morning, love. What a lovely way to be woke up. To see your handsome face smiling down at me. Kain there is something we need to talk of before we leave this room this morning.

She could see a look of confusion and perhaps a bit of concern on his face. Ana smiled up at him, her emerald eyes glowing softly. She took his hand as she sat up on the bed and kissed him softly. Ana move her hand up and caressed his cheek.

There is nothing to fret about love. All is well, Kain. All is very well. Though, I believe we should set our wedding date very soon. I love you, my dear, dear Kain, and want everyone to share, our joy. I want us to declare our love in front of our family and friends.

Anarane grinned at him. Even though it was to early for him to feel anything, she took his hand and laid it on her belly. It had been about three months now and she wanted to be sure everything was ok before she told him anything. Anarane looked from where she laid his hand, up into his face. She was smiling brightly and her emerald green eyes had not sparkled so brightly in months. Ana watched his face to see if Kain understood what she was telling him.

Death in Effect

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:59 am
Stablehand

She awoke smiling, ...we need to talk of before we leave this room this morning. What was it? He was indeed confused. Then she went on, There is nothing to fret about love. All is well, Kain. All is very well. Though, I believe we should set our wedding date very soon. I love you, my dear, dear Kain, and want everyone to share, our joy. I want us to declare our love in front of our family and friends. He smiled taking her hand, yes they would have to let the others know of their intent soon. This was not important however, they had somewhere to be.

Squeezing her hand he got up from the bed. Love, I'd love to stay and talk about things, but we can do this later. For now you must get dressed, and meet me downstairs. We have a war to fight, it's not going to wait for us, and I'm sure Azrael wants his War general there. He looked back to her and smiled, before exiting the room and heading to the main gate of the keep and summoning his steed. Sircko Asacorto Onicel was going to war, and he would be needed to direct the armies.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:47 am
Stablehand

Love, I'd love to stay and talk about things, but we can do this later. For now you must get dressed, and meet me downstairs. We have a war to fight, it's not going to wait for us, and I'm sure Azrael wants his War general there.

He was right of course. It was not the time to be distracted by other things. Anarane got up and quickly got dressed. She stopped on her way, only long enough make sure all was ready with her magi and defenses.

It as her first war in the new guild she had joined with her beloved. Anarane didn't know exactly what to expect. She chuckled, having confidence in the ones that she served with. Having left orders, she hurried down to join Kain.

Death in Effect

Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:55 am
Stablehand

He rode like the wind across the plains of despair , the thunder of hooves was the only sound made as the small contingent raced thru the valley. Never had Pyren in all his battles he had fought in the isles had he needed to resort to the killing of innocents to achieve his goals of victory. Pyren could feel his blood boiling and woe be to those that did not heed the warning, he was half tempted to recall an old wizard he knew to aid in his sorcery skills once more. To rent the heavens asunder and pour forth it's fury upon those who made so grevious a slight upon him. But his aged wisdom overtook his vengeful lust and he set aside his anger till the right time, now he must concentrate on getting to the Archmagi's with a clear head and strong will.

As he rode past the small thicket of wood a marker that he neared the Sidhe's home Pyren called the small contingent to a halt. Something was amiss, it was to quiet for a city of the Magi's size. There should be farmers and wagons roaming the roads at this time of day, signalling to dismount he and the small party walked their mounts to cool them off as they approached the great city.
His mind did a double take when he saw no guards along the walls and his heart sank when he saw the first victim, a small boy lying in a pool of his own blood near the main gate it seemed he tried to make good his escape for in his tiny hands Pyren found a small blood stained parchment.
Help ,In Extremis kill us in the night..

His men drew their weapons as Pyren silently drew a map on the ground with orders to circle then meet in the center,he then signalled them to fan out and search the city.Hefting the lifeless body of the boy upon his mount Pyren walked towards the mages tower. Everywhere Pyren looked he saw the trails of blood or body of a victim killed in similar fashion as his own people were. As the grim faces of each soldier returned Pyren knew there were no survivors as they met up in the towns centre and made their way to the tower, at it's door step Pyren could contain his rage no longer,he let it voice it's release thru his mighty fist as he pounded the great door off it's hinges to the tower and let loose a shout which shook the mortar..

[center]Azrael!!![/center]

Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:19 pm
Peasant

I come to you with a request that the heads of your Order and our own find a place of neutral territory where we can discuss what actions both sides would like to take concerning our current war. I do not expect any admissions of defeat as you and your Order have fought with honor and with such conviction that it has been an honor in itself to meet you in battle. It had been some time since a battle such as this has been fought where there has been no encounters from others who had no place becoming involved. I believe that it is in the best interests of all involved that some sort of ceasefire be reached, that is all I am willing to say until we are able to meet face to face, matters such as these should be handled personally from my point of view. If you wish it you may meet with Azrael, the head of the Souls of Magics Night or you may meet with me, the choice is yours, if you choose not to meet with either, again the choice is yours, either way I await your response.

Oriana Tengwargul
Prefect of Sirck'o Asacorto Onicel

Kain and only Kain, he is my fathers general, he is the one I will take this matter up with...

Are you certain of this my lady?

Very much so, I am not foolish enough to even attempt a meeting between the heads of our guilds without having some assurance.

Assurance? Then wouldn't it be wiser to have your husband beside you should the Supreme Chancellor of In Extremis agree to such a meeting?

The mage paused in her writing and looked at the man with whom she was sharing her thoughts with as if he had fallen from a tree and hit his head rendering him without use of his senses.

What if my father is unable to attend this meeting and I am sent in his stead, what if I chose to have Guidion with me and something goes wrong, not that it would happen but it could, and what if both Guidion and I for some reason or another lose our lives? Who will tend to our children? They need at least one of us, it has always been this way, I am not about to change that now. I'm done discussing the matter....

Setting the quill down upon her desk she folded the parchment she had been writing on and sealed it by ways of the arcane before handing it over.

See to it that this falls into the hands of no one but the Chancellor or is second in command, any others who try to open it will be in for one nasty surprise

It will be done my lady...

Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:46 am
Stablehand

With Ana Kain rode swiftly to the location where the generals of Sircko Asacorto Onicel would be. It is there that Kain carried out the plans of attack. Upon Sircko Asacorto Onicel's return Azrael had saw fit to make him the general of war. He took the roll without much complaint, knowing full well that his time of charging at the head of his men from the start was over. He would be needed to direct the armies, it wasn't his style, but he was good at it and it was needed.

Upon arriving there was Guidion, and Azrael among other lesser generals. He dismissed his steed and walked into the tent with Anarane, he wasn't very late, and took no hesitation in looking at the tactical map before him. Quickly he set about directing each general where to lead his men, he spent all night direct armies in this manner. His strategy worked, the armies of of In Extremis were buckling under the attack of Sircko Asacorto Onicel. After the first night of battle he assigned each general a point of attack and left to take the field. He kissed Anarane once before heading out to meet the enemy in the field of battle. It was time for him to do what he did best, fight.

Soon enough his target crumpled beneath the might of his army, and a page rode up carrying a message. M'lord Kain Dragonhand, lady Oriana Tengwargul has requested your presence. Kain nodded, finding his second in command, Borus. He let Borus know to pull back and provide aid to the rest of Sirco Asacorto Onicel while he was away. Summoning his steed he mounted it and took off in the direction of the mage tower. It was a decent ride that went uninterrupted, and soon he was at the gate of the Tengwargul tower. Dismounting he dismissed Megiltura once more and moved through the gate, the guards quickly opening them for him. Making his way up to the tower he knew that Oriana knew of his presence already, but he knocked all the same.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:48 pm
Stablehand

He had no time to stop at the tower once the whole of his army had reached it. He could only hope for a glimpse of his wife as he passed it by. Nothing more than the guards at the gates and the shadows that walked withing the tower wer to be seen. The orders to march on to the next target on the list had come to him while still running down the last remnants of the previous kingdom. He would have no time to make a stop to rest the night here. The next target held a thieve's guild in it. It had to fall before the guild was put into motion. He marched his army forward over the crest of the hill. Once over he would lose sight of the tower until he came back after the war was done. Hanging back to hurry the slower moving carts he waited at the crest of the hill. Looking down he spotted a lone rider approaching the gates from the east. Even at this distance his eyesight could pick out the features of the rider. He simply turned his horse and followed the rest of his army on to the next battle. Why Kain was at the tower would be a question best answered at some other time. He could feel the warmth of Oriana's mind creeping up on him but he shut his own mind away. Kicking the horse for speed, he reached the head of the column where his two captains talked in low whispers. Apparently they to had seen the riders. And both had been there when Kain had resided in the tower. Guidion just looked at both with an icy glare.

Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:09 am
Peasant

The reunion between the warrior and the mage was meant to be one of pure guild business, Oriana had requested Kain come to Tengwargul tower so that she could seek his aid in the matter of a meeting should the Chancellor of the foretian followers agree to see her, when Kain arrived she had known he was there before he had set one toe of the threshold of the keep, but she did not rush down to meet him. She waited for him in her study and while she waited, the familiar ebbings of her husband creapt around her bringing a smile to her face. Guidion might have been marching his way to war, but she could not bring herself to worry, at least not yet, she was confident in her husbands abilities and was going to tell him as much when she found herself shut out. This made her frown but she reasoned that he had much to think on and did not her to serve as a distraction....

Seconds later her thoughts were filled with nothing but Guidion, Tierney and Gabriel, as waves of winds and fire rocked the keep, she knew an assault of the arcane when faced with one, and while the wards surrounding the keep were strong the stone falling around her told her that the damage was still being done. The keep shook but held to its foundation, this gave the mage the chance she needed to reach her son. Scooping the boy into her arms she tore through the keep and down the steps to the front door nearly ripping the oak from its hinges. Without hesitation she shoved her son in Kains direction....

Take him Kain, take him now go to Guidion, his armies have gone just beyond the eastern hill, I will see to the protection of my home but you must see to the safety of my son until he is with his father Kain, do this for me.... go now!!!

Kissing her son quickly she watched as Kain took her child and rode of with a speed she never thought any horse could possess, another round of magicks tore through the keep the moment Kain was out of eye sight and she turned away with a fire blazing in her violet eyes slamming the door with invisible hands behind her.......

Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:44 am
Stablehand

He had no idea why he was being called to the Tengwargul tower, but soon magicks started assailing the tower. Quickly the door opened and Oriana shoved her and Guidion's child, Gabriel to him. Take him Kain, take him now go to Guidion, his armies have gone just beyond the eastern hill, I will see to the protection of my home but you must see to the safety of my son until he is with his father Kain, do this for me.... go now!!! Kain whistled for his steed to return to him and the horse did so. Quickly he mounted it and tore off in the direction of Guidion, for some reason Kain doubted that this is what he was called there for.

Quickly he rode up over the hill to the east, Megiltura, or mount of the swordmaster in the common tongue carried him swiftly. It was no ordinary horse and moved much faster than one. Quickly he moved to the head of the column. Guidion!! Guidion. He called out quickly pulling up next to the man. He offered the babe up to him. The tengwargul tower is under attack, Oriana has requested I bring the babe to you. He left Gabriel in Guidion's arms then turned around riding for the mage tower again.

Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:51 am
Stablehand

Quros was a rage of anger as he walked into Gideon's lair. He threw the few guards remaining out of his way and stormed straight to the office. He could have gone straight there but he needed to unleash a little of his anger before he got there. Gideon had sacrificed far too much for too little gain this time. So many troops, so many acres, so many allies. And all to let that one book into the hands of SAO. It could have, should have, been handled far more delicately than merely leaving clues and letting SAO into their lands. This cost was far too high.

Reaching the door to Gideon's office he reached out a hand and shouted a syllable. The door before him shattered into a thousand pieces and he stormed into the room and faced his superior.

Gideon you fool! How could you allow this to happen? You sacrificed thousands acres, tens of thousands of troops. And all for this pathetic scheme?

He waved aside any attempt Gideon might make to reply and continued to vent his anger in words.

I know the orders we got as well as anyone else does. But there was no cause to sacrifice our guild just to move that text into their hands. There are subtler ways which did not need to result in the deaths of our allies and trusted friends. You must not waste such resources so glibly! You will answer for this outrage, Gideon. Trust me, you shall pay for each loss our people made with your own blood!

Quros opened his right hand and created a portal and, still fuming, raged through it, leaving Gideon alone once more.[/i]

Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:50 pm
Stablehand

Orders had reached the ears of Romanu after a few hours of their agreement and he was glad of it. His part in this dispute had been meaningless and he knew his skills could be put to much better use. Romanu was looking forward to a more subtle and planned attack than this unorganised gang retaliation. He was still unsure about the reason for the rivalry, but he left this to the top and awaited his reward for doing his task.

Reaching a brook on his retreat to sanctuary, Romanu sat on a large flat rock and splashed his face. He glanced down at the pink swirls left in the water as his hands became the same colour as his skin and thought of what he'd called home. It wasn't really his home, he didn't have a home, just sleeping where his task lay. Quros Darkwalker did have a residence though and his lands were friends of Romanu at this time. It was strange how Romanu thought, but a home was a place you were welcome and wanted to protect in his eyes and currently this lands were that. Looking in the distance Romanu hoped Quros' dragons were well and ready for the next part of the Plan.

Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:15 pm
Stablehand

Gideon sat stunned at the brief encounter with the Lord Darkwalker. He was not used to such insolence, least of all from... well, the man was not a 'mere' Illuminatus and his master was certainly far more, but still Gideon expected more respect. The G'eld'eran family had always understood sacrifice in the name of something greater, and it had been instilled in Gideon from a young age while there were often compromises, it was usually the most powerful way of doing things.

I mean, does he expect us to walk up to their door and hand them such things on a plate? That would cause nothing more than suspicion. At least my methods are authentic!

He spat after the now departed Quros and turned to resume his studies.

We will see who is right when the time comes...

Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:31 am
Stablehand

From the corner of the room Kessler watched the exchange with interest. He had observed many creatures in his time, watching their behaviour, pre-emtping their actions. The role of a spy was, to him, similar to that of a psychologist. Understanding the enemy and knowing how they made their plans was just as good as good, if not better, than stealing through the night and memorising papers, pointless maps and memos. Plans could be changed, but behaviour made things more predictable.

Yet he often had trouble with his own...

...he would hesitate to call them colleagues, they rarely showed friendship or emotion towards each other except for contempt. Yet he supposed they worked for a common cause, and in that their must be some commonality of character...

...but still, these people were beyond him. Gideon especially. This Centaur, who behaved more like the humans he sought to depose every day. There was no self-respect in him and Kessler could see his grip on the cell slipping away, as others also saw his strength fading.

My lord, you summoned me?

Kessler shifted uncomfortably in the shadows as Gideon's gaze fell upon him.

I, uh, I bring news of the... uh...

You are late, Kessler.

Yes, my lord, but you must understand that the mission was not a simp...

You are normally more reliable than this Kessler, so I will let your incompetence pass on this occasion. At least the men you command performed admirably. All things considered. However you are now dismissed. I will call upon you again when the time arises.

Kessler had to bite back a moment of rage. Incompetence! Who did he think he was? It was bad enough to send people on suicide missions but to then criticise them for any successes they might have had was just... intolerable.

Yet he was bound to this centaur, by Oath and Law. His anger would have to wait for now.

Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 am