It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:43 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 RavenFire Island Part XXII (((Please PM to join:::OPEN:::))) 
Stablehand

Post RavenFire Island Part XXII (((Please PM to join:::OPEN:::)))
OCC: Please PM me if you would like to join the thread. I will have Relor contact the Island to get the boat over to the mainland to pick you up.

You notice as you wait around in the dock area a few long piers. At the beginning of the furthest pier you see a large sign. The large sign states that a boat will take you to an Island retreat run by the Lady Ravenfire of CRoW. As you walk to the end of the pier, you see a small booth with another sign of it. This sign states the rules of the Island. You read as follows.

The rules are very simple.

1. Weapons will be left check before stepping onto the boat and they will be returned when you return back to this very pier.

2. There will be NO disorderly conduct permitted on the island. This will be strictly enforced. You will be thrown into the water and allowed to swim back should you break this rule.

3. Remember...this is a place to relax and mingle with other people. Leave your faith on the pier and pick it up with your weapons when you leave.

4. HAVE FUN! (Strictly enforced also)

A young man comes around the booth and asks you if you would like to travel to the island.

Hello there, I am called Relor. Would you like to visit the Island? It is very beautiful and very peaceful. I hear there is a lot to do there to relax if that is what you wish. If you do want to board the ship, please let me know, as I will call it over from the Island. It would be here very shortly.

The only Exception to this is if it is night on the Island. Then you would have to stay on the mainland till the morning when the boat would come to pick you up.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:40 am
Stablehand

He stood there with his wife in hand as she requested knowledge of the island. Of course he was also intrested in how this sanctuary came to be here. Time seemed to flow in a diffrent way here almost as if at a slow pace. His internal clock seemed to also slow with the pace of the island. His stomach was the first to notice this as it grummbled with the lack of substance.

Yes, knowledge is good love, but not good enough to eat. I am it seems hungry enough to eat a horse.

He looked over to their host with a smile.

You do have horse here, no?

He could feel Oriana's hand tighten on his as if to tell him to stop.

Yes, well. Maybe something a little smaller.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:21 am
Peasant

The mage could only shake her head, her ebony curls bobbing from the motion, she had squeezed Guidions hand not because she meant to silence him, her intentions were more or less to keep herself from laughing like a lunatic. Moments where Guidion let his warped sense of humor show were far and few in between, this time she wasn't quite sure if he were being serious or not, if given the chance he would indeed eat an entire horse though she hadnt seen him actually do it.

I think something smaller would be a little better love, we dont need you eating too much and not being able to move for two days because your stomach is too full do we?

She smiled again, it was refreshing for her really, not too long ago, a smile from her was a rare occurance but now, there was nothing that could have kept the corners of her mouth from turning upward, her heart and spirits had been lifted to new highs in past weeks, she had every reason to smile now.

It is a pleasure to meet you I am sure Lady Xena, your husband has been telling us of the two sides of the island, I'm quite interested in knowing what the advantages are of each but I know that you and your husband are busy people so....

She turned her attentions back to Lord Tiamat....

The west side will be just fine, if either of you would be so kind as to point us in the right direction, my husband needs to be fed before he truly starts hunting for horses or anything else for that matter.

A short time later the two were on their way towards the dining hut....

Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:03 am
Stablehand

Droevig left the food hut and started to wander slowly back to her hut. Everything around her was slighty washed out in the dark shadow of oncoming night. She found herself thinking of all the amazing things that had occured in only this one day.

This place... it has such an effect over me, I really dont understand it. I came here thinking I would lose myself within its dark woods and live out a solitary life, ending it without watching human death and suffering. But now... now I am here, and I have been given beautiful things, a home, a bed, and what a bed at that. I have been given clothes... any clothes that i could ever want. I have been given a new life, and yet i have done nothing to deserve it.

Droevig was so awash with her thoughts that she simply sat herself on a large rock and began to think about anything she had ever done that was remotely important or exceptionally good.

She searched her past, only to find she couldn't remember it all. It had happened so long ago that all her memories from her human life were gone. Stolen when she was reborn, stolen when Gabriel died.

Droevig sat on her rock and cried, not only for her loss, but also for her geed. There was so much that had to be done before she could ever be free.

Here i shall make myself free... I will be human once more.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:43 pm
Stablehand

She listened to what he had said and smiled happily. She had missed being with him as well. Though her thoughts had wondered a few times they kept coming back to TJ. She felt him put his arm around her, she liked the way it made her feel. She had notice the way he looked at her after telling her she looked beautiful. She wondered what he was thinking.

They walked toward the docks and she noticed a new couple walking toward the food hut. Somehow they seemed familiar. She didn't know why, but they, he, reminded her of someone she knew. Tyihel shook her head, thinking she must be mistaken. Turning her attention back to TJ.

From the wonderful odors coming from the direction of the food hut, I don't think we have much time to spend at the docks. It seems the island is getting quite busy. I wonder how many will be at the food hut tonight.

What would you like to do after we eat?

In search of inner peace
In a world full of turmoil

Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:41 pm
Stablehand

Tiamat looked as the couple started towards the dinning hut. He quickly turned towards Yvette.

Yvette please follow them and let them know where everything is. I will leave it in your capable hands to show them to a hut once that they have taken something to eat. They have not been alone for a long time, so something maybe a little more seculded could be good for them. Please answer any questions that they may have about the Island. If there is something that you do not know, then please send them my way.

Yes Lord Tiamat I shall do this. Now if you will please excuse me for now, I have work to do.

Yette giggled and then turned around and turned towards the food hut. she did not call out to the couple, but she would talk to them once that they were in the food hut.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:05 pm
Stablehand

The wind started to pick up a little around Droevig, the trees would russle their leaves and the sand would move ever so slowly. The Spirit came out from the trees walking slowly towards Droevig. Somewhat translucient to the look, she could only be seen to Droevig. She made sure that she drew just enough attention to herself so that Droevig would not be startled.

Come my child, why do you cry on such a beautiful Island?

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:10 pm
Stablehand

Zanatos laughed at the suggestion of putting the shirt on the bush. No, right now it was time to start the fire and warm himself. It was something that he had not done in a long time. Usually the huts had the fires on when the person willed it. Now he would have to start this one with his magic. He was no Magii, no only the most basic spells could he cast.

It was something that he had learned from his mother when she lived. His father was there but most of the time he was on the battle field so he never really got to know him.

[center] ~~~ Tamarand cedan fleaming ~~~ [/center]

A flame appeared at the tip of his finger. He placed his finger into the mass of wood that he pilled up earlier. The fire took fast and the flame grew higher and higher. It finally stabalized off at about two feet when the initial burn had taken place.

There we go I will get my shirt and place it close to the fire so that it may finish drying.

[center] I stay awake observing the heavens for a sign of things to come.[/center]

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:28 pm
Stablehand

Kaileah raised an eyebrow when he laughed at her suggestion. Zanatos instead went to the wood he had laid for the fire. She was taken a bit by surprised when he lite the fire by way of a casting. He had used a casting once before, but she just thought it was something that he needed for seeing the honeymoon hut. Once she got over the surprise she smiled. He seemed to be surprising her at every turn. She liked learning new things about him.

She watched as he grabbed his shirt and laid it near the fire to continue drying. Thinking about it she thought they need to move the blanket and food closer to the fire as well. She gathered the things and laid them back in the basket. Taking the basket on her arm and threw the blanket over that. Picked up the wine glasses in the other hand and walked over to where Zanatos stood by the fire.

Well it is a little cool over where we ate earlier. Let me set up our food here closer to the fire. That way you can be warm while we eat.

Kaileah smiled as she looked at Zanatos. She just could get over how handsome he was. She handed him the wine glasses to hold and sat the basket down. Spreading the blanket, she once again got the food out and waited for him to join her.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:52 pm
Stablehand

::Walking along the shoreline skipping rocks and picking up sea shells I notice a few long piers jutting out from the shoreline ahead of me::

::Well I might as well check it out so I quickin my pace and get to the piers where I see at the end of the longest one a large sign, a small booth, and a guy standing their. So what the hell I go and see what the guys selling::

"Hi there so whats the fresh catch special tonight"

~Hello there, I am called Relor. Would you like to visit the Island? It is very beautiful and very peaceful. I hear there is a lot to do there to relax if that is what you wish. If you do want to board the ship, please let me know, as I will call it over from the Island. It would be here very shortly~

"Alright you know your a hoopy, hey you Sass Ravinfire, because I knew her a long time ago but it's been awhile, back then she knew me as Greystoke in VV"

Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:21 pm
Stablehand

Relor looked at the newcomer to the pier, he excused himself from the other person asking for passege.

Excuse me, I am sorry, I will be with you very shortly as I am with this other gentlemen that was here just a little before you. You are welcome to join in the conversation if you would like. Oh This is Lady Kayli by the way. I am sorry, but I must finish with the other gentlemen first. I still do not know his name yet and I had just asked him.

So please excuse me.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:24 pm
Stablehand

So my darling how are the kids? Have you checked on them today? Or have we been to busy looking after me and making sure that I do not make a fool of myself? He He He. I think we should bring the kids out to play tomorrow in the sand on the beach if that is ok by you. I think that it would do them some good to see other people as well.

I know I know, they are but infants, I was not thinking staright. Though I would still like them to come and have breakfast with us tomorrow if possible.

So what would you like to do now that the lord and the Lady are off to the dinning hut and Yvette now has care of them?

Tiamat gave Xena a grinning devilish smile.

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:17 pm
Stablehand

Samual was just getting into the kitchen brining the plate that Droevig had eaten when some other people come into the hut.

He quickly went into the kitchen and asked Triston to go out and meet the people that had come into the hut.

Triston made his way out of the kitchen and looked at the couple that had entered the hut. It was something that he was use to doing.

Hello there, I am called Triston would you please follow me to a seat.

Please remember that you need at least one full paragraph of 4 sentences. Otherwise you need to have at least 8 full sentences. Otherwise the posts become too short. Thank you. -Jasmine

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:28 pm
Stablehand

::My eyes must be getting bad in my old age I didn't even realize that the fellow I was trying to have a conversation with was in the middle of a conversation with someone else until he told me so::

~Excuse me, I am sorry, I will be with you very shortly as I am with this other gentlemen that was here just a little before you. You are welcome to join in the conversation if you would like. Oh This is Lady Kayli by the way. I am sorry, but I must finish with the other gentlemen first. I still do not know his name yet and I had just asked him~

::I let out a small "sorry" as I step back and nod at the other couple standing there that I didn't even pay attention to when I first walked up, I kept moving away from the group and allow them to finish their conversation, it wasn't like I was in a hurry, I start walking back down the pier towards the shore, as I rub my eyes, I can't believe I didn't see those other people, I am getting old::

::As I walk away from the conversation I just interupted and the pier I have a conversation with myself::

"How stupid interupting them"
"I should have seen them"
"I'm so dumb"
"I'll come back later"
"Yeah later and maybe he won't recognize me and I can start with a clean slate"

::I continue to mutter and talk to myself as I slowly walk away from the pier and down the shoreline again. I will return though as soon as my conversation with myself is over::

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:50 pm
Stablehand

((( OCC: time on the island is 6:15 PM.)))

Zanatos had arranged his shirt on a pertruding branch just a few feet away from the fire. He kept a close eye on it as he did not want it to go up in flames. As he finished off, he turned around to see that Kaileah had already placed the balnket and the food out closer to the fire. In her hand was a fresh glass of wine being offered to him.

Thank you Kaileah, I can only say that this fire is doing me some good as is this wine. Now if only we had an actual bed to sleep in on this plateau, everything would be perfect. The company is unquestionably outstanding, a few stars are starting to flicker in the on the horison opposite to the sun, the food, the wine a beautiful night. Just what I would have wished for an evening with you.

Of course there always have to be something that is not perfect, but we will manage. It is only for one night I guess. And then tomorrow we will back to our huts in a nice soft bed.

[center] I stay awake observing the heavens for a sign of things to come.[/center]

Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:42 pm
Stablehand

Kaileah smiled as Zanatos took the offered glass of wine. He had placed his shirt to dry and she the placed the food back out. The warmth of the fire felt good against her face. She had not noticed the chill in the air.

You are most welcome, Zanatos. I didn't realize how much of a chill there was in the air, until I moved closer to the fire. The wine is delicious. I don't think I have ever tasted one like it before. I would have to agree with you that the company is wonderful.

Kaileah smiled again, then looked to the sky as the stars began to glow softly in the eastern sky. Yes, the food and wine where good. It was assuredly going to be a wonderful night. She turned back toward Zanatos, her icy blue eyes sparkled in the firelight. Kaileah did know what could have made this evening more perfect.

Darling, I would not be concerned about not having a bed. It will not be the first time that I have slept on the ground. I do have to admit though, I have never had a companion to keep me company, the other times.

Now, worry no more about that. Please, sit with me and have something to eat.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:06 pm
Stablehand

Zanatos got closer to where Kaileah was, she looked stunning in the dancing fire light. Her eyes especially jumped out. Her smile as well could be seen as she tapped on the ground asking Zanatos to come closer. His thorso flexed as he got up to go sit beside her. As he sat beside her, he passed his hand through her hair. it had the reaction that he wanted as Kaileah shivered at the touch.

Well Tis is really nice.. Lets eat and then look at the stars come out.

Zanatos smiled and took another sip of his wine. Kaileah was right, this wine was actually very good.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Stablehand

Kaileah watched as Zanatos got up and move to her. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. The sight of his muscles flexing made her heart race. He ran his hand through her hair as he sat done beside her. His touch, like sparks dancing through her hair, caused her to shiver. As she turned to face him, their faces were so close, it took her breath away. Kaileah's icy blue eyes looking into his for a matter of moments, before she looked away. She reached for one of the plates she had prepared and handed it to Zanatos. Her hand was trembling slightly as she did.

Here you go, my Dear. I hope this is enough. If not there is still more in the basket. There is also plenty more wine, if you care for some more, when you finish with what you have.

Kaileah looked forward seeing the stars light up the sky. Most of all she was enjoying the peace of the plateau and the company of the man that was sitting by her side.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:46 pm
Stablehand

Venorik seemed to be lost in thought when she answered his earlier question. Ardala couldn't even begin to guess what he was thinking, but she noticed a rather amused look on his face. He had forgiven her for her earlier transgression. Then he mentioned about going to get something to eat at the food hut. Ardala thought about what had happened there earlier this morning. He mentioned about the crabs and she growled slightly under her breath. It stirred her earlier feelings of rage. She wondered too if they had repaired the damage she had done. She looked down at him, her red eyes glowing darkly.

If he brings more of those crabs, I can not promises not to hurt someone. My skin is not as tough as yours and those wretched things hurt.

By the expression on Venorik's face, she knew he was teasing her, but she didn't really want to see another crab. Ardala place her hand on his neck as he began to walk toward the food hut. She smiled at the lady as she passed them, but she seemed to be in a hurry and didn't say anything. As soft smile touched her lips as Venorik stooped down making sure that she was not toppled from her perch on his shoulder. Ardala was looking around the room when she heard him shout out at the cook. She shot a glare at him when he mentioned the cursed crabs again. She wasn't sure if he was teasing her again or the cook. She looked down at Samual from Venorik's shoulder as he spoke. Ardala listened as he related what Lady Xena had told him and how he wasn't playing a joke on her.

Ardala thought about apologizing to Samual for all the trouble she had cause him, but she didn't say anything. In truth she was afraid if she thought to much about what had happened her rage would return 3 fold. She wasn't completely sure she would be able to stop herself from doing something she might be sorry for later. She turned her eyes to Venorik and would let him handle the cook from now on.

Venorik, I don't care to see anymore of those crab things. What happened may not have be intentional, but all the same.....

Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:30 pm
Stablehand

The wind picked up subtly, until it sent sand flying in tiny circles at Droevig's feet. The wind had no sound, it was strange yet Droevig felt no fear. She turned towards a sudden rustling of the leaves only to a see a woman emerging from them...and yet it was not truly a woman.

Her skin was so pale it seemed to glow in the fading light. And yet her body was... not a body at all, Droevig could see the forest behind her, and her footsteps left no imprint upon the sand.

Come my child, why do you cry on such a beautiful Island?

Droevig could not distinguish whether the voice was within her head or coming from the being that stood before her. She knew this was a ghost, and that she should be frightened, and yet... she wasn't, she felt...calm... but in a strange way.

" I am sorry My Lady, I do not mean to insult this island I fear that it is I who shame it. I am a vampire, I have lived a live of evil in search for the worlds purest blood. I have lived a live that not even a demon would be proud of. Yet here I sit, on an island where i am given everything my heart desires. I fear that take up space that someone more deserving must have. I feel guilty for even setting foot on a place so pure as this. "

Droevig bowed her head as she spoke, holding back her tears as she felt the eyes of the spirit upon her.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:41 pm
Stablehand

The couple just looked at me and softly laughed to themselves and continued on thier way. I felt the heat of embarassment coming to my face. I was really confused. I thought that they were the ones I was seeking. I turned around to start walking back towards the Inn when I man and a woman approached me. He quickly came up to me and apologized for the confusion and introduced himself as Relor. "Pardon me sir," I said. I had thought the couple before were the ones I was looking for.

I held out my hand, "I am called Couger," I said. "I was staying at the Inn when I heard of your marvelous Island, and I had hope that I could book passage and see this grand thing for myself." "I had heard there were many things to see and do and my curiousity got the better of me."

He smiled as the lady walked up to us and he introduced her as the Lady Kayli. I bowed to her. "Tis a pleasure to make your acquaintance".

Cougar, Guardian of the Sword of Tesh!

Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:22 pm
Stablehand

He smiled and leaned over and kissed her cheek. He looked at her with a grin and a wink. Yes he could smell the food from the food hut but this was a nice feeling to him. He stood by the docks with her and just stood there for a few minutes. He leaned and kissed her again.

I do not know how many will be there. But I know of one that my attention will be on. Though its not like that i can help it, seems you have not only captured my heart but also my eyes, and my mind. Well you know all that you have captured. As far as what we do after supper whatever you want to do. Not sure if the time alone in the bath and stuff was enough for you or if you need some more time to yourself. I guess part of afterward would depend on that as well.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:10 am
Stablehand

Zanatos took the plate and set it down beside him. He took his glass of wine and took another sip of it. The pate looked so good that he could not resist reaching down and taking a basket and taking a bit of it.

Hummm this pate is just incredible, it is so fresher and the taste. You have to try a bit my dear.

Zantos brought the bisket close to Kaileahs mouth and he waited till she opened it. As she did, he let her gently approach his hand. Then at the last minute, she actually went a Little further and clamped down on his fingers.

Heah!!! those are attached to me if you had not noticed.

Kaileah covered her mouth as she could not stop laughing.She knew what she had done and had planned it that way. Just looking at her, Zanatos knew that she was playing with him.

Does this mean that I have to watch my fingers around you from now on?

Kaileah smiled teasingly and and gestured once more in a snapping motion toward Zanatos. He laughed as she had done this again

I will take that as a yes, I do have to watch me fingers around you... He He He He... I will start calling you my little vixen if you persist.

Zanatos could do nothing more then have a whole harty laugh after his comment.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:24 am
Stablehand

She had blushed brightly as he had bowed to her. It was near embarrassing to her. She smiled and looked at him trying to not show how much she was blushing. She talked softly.

Nice to meet you cougar. I do hope we did not keep you long as I said. And there is no need to bow to me I am not that type of lady. Actually I am just one cause he says I am. I have heard some wonderous things about the island myself. I hope that you enjoy your time there.

She was still sticking pretty close to Relor but not too close. She did not want to aggravate her only friend. Yes she considered Relor her friend. She thought that was the right word at least.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:46 am
Stablehand

Child, there is not need for this, everyone here is entitled to a fresh start and I have looked within your soul and I still see the good that you have to offer to the world.

There are not many that take there life into there own hands and make something of it. I can see that you have done step to take control of your life. You have strived to better yourself and be among the living.

The spirit put her hand on staff that she had beside her. Of course she could not touch it being what she was a spirit. But she could feel the magical energy that flowed trough the magical item.

This staff is very interesting, how did it come into your possession?

Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:57 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next