It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:27 pm

The blood trail 
Stablehand

Post The blood trail
The nights were becoming longer it seemed. For it was the nights that they hunted. I had been their prey for longer than I can remember. Many times they almost had me, but something I know not what had kept me from being cornered. This last time I had all but given up in the hopes of escaping them. I can only catch glimpes of them. The night is their domain and I have been lucky to be able to out distance them during the light of day. But now they have caught up to me. I know Im exhausted, sleep has been little these past days. I look around for a place to make a stand. I can hear them crashing through the trees and the underbrush, they have caught me scent. It won't be long now.

I started up a deer trail again, I had hoped that the fresh tracks would confuse them, but they are smarter than I gave them credit for. I picked up my pace, Im exhausted, part of me says to just lay down and die, But I have seen the result of thier hunt. Thier victims do no die, but become bodiless souls who have no where to go. The other part of fights screams with rage. I want to turn to fight them, but I know it would be futile to try.

Suddenly the trail wound around and I could see a light coming from up ahead. With a last burst of energy I ran towards. And suddenly Im in a clearing. An old man sits beside a fire, He does not stand nor even looks my way, "It's about time you got here", he says. I stand looking at him with confused exhaustion. "Sleep now for they will not bother you this night, and on the morrow we have much to discuss you and I. " For some reason, I know that those who were hunting me would not be allowed into this circle light. I walked over next to fire and lay down, and before I could ask or say anything, exhaustion claimed me.

Cougar, Guardian of the Sword of Tesh!

Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:26 am