It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Tying the ends ... (closed) 
Stablehand

Post Tying the ends ... (closed)
Frances

Elementum Ab Fides

Recognition was instantaneous. Chris I whispered, the words dry in my throat. What was he doing here? My heart beat wildy in excitement and in fear. I hurried towards the tall fair headed man dressed in a novitates cassock.

It was only seconds before I was at his side. Chris, what are you doing here I looked around to see who was observing us, my emotions painted on my face. Good day to you too Frances A broad smile dancing across his handsome face as he took hold of my arms and pulled me to him. I could smell him and found myself blushing under the intense gaze of his crystal blue eyes. Come away with me dear one he whispered as he leaned forward and gently nuzzled my neck.

Chris! let me go, I stepped back yanking myself free from his grasp. Thats hardly appropriate behaviour for a priest, even one in trianing, I growled. I watched his face as the light in his eye dulled a little and a pain swept across his face.

Last edited by Frances on Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:45 am
Stablehand

Yes appropriate behaviour he spat as he arranged his dress. His movements punctuating the words with sarcasm. Then for a second he came close to me again, the light dancing in his eyes. Marry me Frances and a priest I will not have to be.

I .. I cannot Chris, I cannot marry you. The pain of lost love tore at my heart, clawed at my throat, threatened my eyes. We had, had this conversation before, he knew as well as I did that we could not marry. Apart from our faiths, his father and my ancestory stood between us. I asked again, What do you want Chris why are you here?

He looked as if he was going to continue and then suddenly thought better of it. I have come to see your Mistress, Frances. Please arrange for me to speak with her.

I will see if she is available, come I'll show you to the sitting room. We turned towards the house and our conversation drifted idly to other things. His family, his sisters, anything of a casual nature.

Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:46 am
Stablehand

Post fides cont ...
I had barely settled myself into bed and dismissed the servents when I was roused by the sound of a tap at the door. It squeaked loudly echoing my unspoken protest as it opened. Frances appeared.

Excuse me Madam, are you asleep? she waited for my response

Not now I am not I snapped, I remember giving instructions Frances that I WAS NOT to be disturbed.

Forgive me Madam I thought this was important, Lord Havisham has sent his son to speak with you Madam, he is waiting in the guest room.

I sighed tiredly, Is it nothing you can deal with Frances?

He asked for you specifically Madam.

Oh very well I will be down presently. I leaned over and rang for the maid.

Is there anything I can help you with, Madam

No Frances there is not, go and ensure our guest is well provided for.

Frances took a step back, Yes Madam, turned and quickly left the room.

I sat before the mirror and peered at the reflection that gazed back. I saw the darkening circles under my eyes from lost sleep and the wrinkles of age and responsibility beginning to transform my appearance into that of a haggard old woman. My self critique was cut short as moments later the maid scurried into the room and I found myself lost in the details of preparing myself to greet our guest.

Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:42 pm
Stablehand

Post Beginnings - Frances Story continued
Fear gripped at the pit of my stomach and the urge to vomit was strong. The receding water that had washed across the deck sucking all untethered objects in its path into its murky depths. I stumbled and trip on the sodden skirt of my gown, just as the next wave came crashing upon the deck. The force of the water pushes me down, hard against the deck. I could hear the roar of the sea, the foaming bubbles and then I felt the strong sucking as the sea tried to claim my life.

On this day that was not to be so, my offending skirt caught on a splintered beam. I struggled to free myself as the next wave came pounding in. I gulped for air as its force winded me and ended up with a mouthful of water. Coughing and choking the sea threw me around like a puppet on the end of a string. Almost unconscious I was barely aware of strong hands grabbing at my body, tearing my skirt free and then I passed into unconsciousness.

The light shown brightly above my head, the desire for warmth draws me forever upward. The quiet swish and surge of the waves as they caressed the beach and the screech of a passing gull, beckoned me back to consciousness. I opened my eyes and closed them immediately to shield them from the blinding sunlight. I lifted my arm to provide shade and whimpered as my beaten body surged with pain.

After a while I again tried to move. Slowly I managed to get myself into a seated position. The shoreline was strewn with belongings and flotsam. Gingerly getting to my feet I set out to look to see if others had survived the storm of the previous evening.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:04 am