It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 pm




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A Carriage o' Tricks II 
Author Message
Stablehand

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 61
Post A Carriage o' Tricks II
"Zomb, Taff, come see these tracks I have found." the cry came from James.

He looked at TuT who gave him a nod. Then he hurried as good as he could... but his ribs ached and his head were dizzy. When he finally had reached the site were James sat on his knees he looked down on the ground. And there were tracks...

"Ahh, very good James... I wonder what this could be. They lead away from the battle... no wait... it seems he lurked around here and spectated the battle. Maybe someone who had a hurry back reporting. In that case well have to find him. Let's just see what that capture has to say. Those tracks wont dissapear."


Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:06 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:51 am
Posts: 19
Location: Slittin' my throat...
Post 
Lestrat tore his gaze away from the bit of tattered cloth and hurried his way back towards his guildmates. He frowned inwardly as he made his way. Whomever had left the bit of cloth had not been in any hurry it seemed, and appearantly had been around for some time as the scrap had not been claimed by the wind nor the tracks faded, and yet had declined to enter the fight. Were this ill or not it remained to be seen.

Finding his companions, he slid to a halt.
Greetings Zomb, Taff, James. The tracks are confirmed, there was a bit of tattered cloak a bit back, and tracks there a well. Whomever it was he or she was around at the time of our fight, yet chose not to interfere... it is most strange... Somehow... here he frowned curiously. Somehow, it almost seems as if he or she wanted to be followed, yet I cannot know why. Of course, the person could have been of a different mind, yet I cannot shake the feeling that this is so. Lestrat shrugged minimally. Then again, I may be wrong of course. Lead on, good sirs.

_________________
Nyamafu Vurumai

Doest thou have the Courage or the Desperation to Kiss the Razor?


Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:38 pm
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:58 am
Posts: 58
Post 
With the evening quickly giving way to night I suggest we return to camp. "Well men I suggest we return to camp and take a fresh look in the morning. A stew is ready to eat and we all could use a bit of rest." I lead the way to my camp. "After we eat I we should posts guards. Take shifts throughout the night. With the attack and the tracks back there I think it wise. We will also need an alert guard on the prisoner." I start to ladle the stew from the kettle. Sitting back a bit from the fire I begin to eat my meal. Possibly the last hot meal for a while to come.


Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:37 am
Profile
Professional Pyro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Swansea, Wales
Post 
ooc: This thread is continued from :here

Taff headed over to where James had shouted there were tracks. He arrived just as Lestrat did to speak of more tracks. They did not get far following them before it started getting dark. The headed back to camp and promise of stew.
Just as they reached the camp, he felt a power that was not threr before. And more worryingly, it was increasing. Something in his dark past recalled what the energy felt like. He hand settled on an amulet he had recovered from one of their attackers. The pieces suddenly dropped into place, and took his breath away.
Oh my goddess! he said to himself as he tried to pinpoint the source of the energy, and his eyes settled on TuT in the distance.

TuT, Kill him NOW!!!

Frantically he drew a shield about his companions. All the time muttering oh shit oh shit oh shit

_________________
Kids, Bringing about the Armgeddon can be dangerous.
Do not attempt it in your own home.


Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:09 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 92
Post 
The captive did not utter a single word. He defiantly stared TuT in the eye, his face filled with utter contempt. TuT had already made up his mind on the fate of this obvious villian. Long experiance of torturing captives, left him with the knowledge between those that would break, telling you their every every secret and those that would take their life secrets to the grave with them. This one was definitely, the quiet type.

Taff's warning triggered his action ...

It was over in a second, after a swift but fatal slice, TuT released his hold on the bandit. The villian crashed to the ground, both hands clasping his throat attempting to staunch the massive flow of blood from his veins and arteries. In a very short space of time he was motionless except for the odd twitch of nerves that would wrack his now grey body.

It was good to see that camp had already been struck for the night.

_________________
tactics are like water
TGH |


Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:01 am
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 61
Post 
"TuT, Kill him NOW!!!", the words cut through the air and reached his ears. He turned to where the yell came from and there were Taff. He then turned to TuT who prepared for the swing, it was over in a second. There the man lay with his hands on his throat with blood bursting like a fountain from his throat.

"... wha, what was that good for? Surely he would've answered some questions... atleast after a while?" he looked suprised and questioning at Taff. That man had been their only lead to who those men could've been. And now he was dead.
He started walking against camp and sat down besides James to get some stew. He was starving now and his wounds still hurt like mad so he needed to lay down beside the fire.


Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:56 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:19 am
Posts: 302
Location: Lost and Alone; Searching for Me
Post 
Climbing down through the branches I soon found myself on the ground again. Hunger driving me, I searched for the foods that were usually bountiful in the forest. Soon I had enough for a small meal, which I munched on as I sat wedged in the fork of a tree trunk. I had no wish to draw attention to myself and hoped my presence would be less noticeable perched aloft in the trees.

As dusk drew in I clambered down from my perch and set off back towards the glade where the battle had taken place. I did not return via the route that I had travelled when I left the site. Instead I walked in a wide arc. It was difficult travelling as the trees although not dense on the ground their canopy filtered much of the evening light.

Some time later I found myself back at the battle site. To my dismay I noticed the campfire burning and realised that the Vurumai hadn't moved on as I thought they would. Instead they had set camp for the night. I could see the bodies of the dead that had been dragged into a rough pile and nearby a figure that I recognised, as TuT appeared to be interrogating a captive.

Suddenly Taff cried out, with urgency in his voice "TuT, Kill him NOW!!!" and it was done. The man slumped to the ground frantically trying to save him self. A peace descended upon him and he gracefully fell forward to join his companions.

_________________
Ministry of Stone
Servant of the Wheel
Ceidwad am rholyn, Callineb
Keeper of scrolls, Callineb


Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:59 am
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:58 am
Posts: 58
Post 
It was that grey between night and day. The forest shadows were quickly transforming the grey to black. The light from the camp fire would soon create a protective ring about the camp. Weary and sore from a long day and rough fight I begin ladling out bowls of stew. The serreal scene shatters with a sharp yell. Almost a scream pierces the night. I drop the bowl and reach to my side for my sword. It leans against a nearby treestump, but it is over so quickly I have no time to react. Time slows as I watch the captives body drift almost gently to the ground. Being a veteran of many battles I am no stranger to the sight of death; however I did not expect our meal to be interupted by this brutal act. I stare speachlessly at Taff as Zomb joins me for our meal. The grey of the forrest was transformed to an ominous ebbing of evil slowly encroaching our camp. I have an uneasy feeling this nights activity were not coming to an end.


Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:47 pm
Profile
Professional Pyro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Swansea, Wales
Post 
Taff sighed with an obvious sense of relief. He shivered as he let the shield drop. Much of the knowledge he had, he'd rather not have, but sometimes he was grateful for his burden. Times like now, where it had avoided a large crater where he stood. He looked up to find his companions staring at him questioningly.

I appologise my friends, but that prisoner carried a powerful majik. I have heard many names for it, but the one that best describes it is the lifeforce conversion majik. If the majik is called into play willingly, the caster's life force, all the potential he has for the rest of his life, is transferred into one act. If the man was a woodcutter, and he cast it on a forest, it would be as if he spent the rest of his life chopping down trees, every tree for miles would be felled at once. Likewise if this man had used it on us, it would be as if he had attacked us, for the rest of his life. We would not have survived!

He looked back to the stew and went to take a mouthful, but he had no appetite for the moment. iminent death did that to him.

_________________
Kids, Bringing about the Armgeddon can be dangerous.
Do not attempt it in your own home.


Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:09 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:51 am
Posts: 19
Location: Slittin' my throat...
Post 
Breathing a sigh of relief, Lestrat's expression changed from that of slight indignation and curiosity to understanding and relief. Good call Taff. he said, nodding his thanks. He grumbled to himself slightly; he had travelled far and wide, yet these parts were still not as familiar to him as he'd liked, and thus many of its inhabitants and particularly spells were not familiar to him. Feeling slightly annoyed that he himself did not detect the powerful magic, he slowly sat on the ground, gritting his teeth slightly at his injuries. Gratefully he accepted a bowl of stew. It seemed like days ago when he had last eaten a proper meal, and he dug in hungrily.

_________________
Nyamafu Vurumai

Doest thou have the Courage or the Desperation to Kiss the Razor?


Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:40 pm
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 61
Post 
"Oh my, were does that thing come from? Something that powerful in the hands of that man. Seriously, who are they?"

Zomb were very confused at the moment and tried to sit up but his ribs hurt to much. His body had got used to his lying position and when he wanted to sit up it screamed and fought for him to lay down, so he did.

"Ouch, that big stupid creature really got some swings in. This wont look neither feel pretty tomorrow. So, Taff, what do you think? Can this majik tell us anything more about our enemies?"


Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:39 am
Profile
Professional Pyro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Swansea, Wales
Post 
Taff played with his food, as if by prodding it enough it would go away and his stomach could settle. He looked up at Zomb and thought for a moment on his questions.

Who they aren't, well that is a far simpler question to start with. They surely aren't mages, at least not of any power. If he had the power to create that spell, the there's no way he'd have stopped for a sword blade. He probably had an object enchanted with that spell, but those would not come cheap.

He got up and walked over to where the body lay. Careful not to trigger any other magical surprises, he examined the body, and extracted an amulet from around its neck. As soon as he touched it, he could feel its magical signature. He walked back to the camp.

Definitely not cheap! There was a group of mages, some years ago, who were known as the El Calentro, its origins were good, to help those who needed help. But as happens, power and money sway such intentions and the mages sold their skills to those who could pay them. Of course, those who could afford to offer them the most money, were those who wanted the power for destruction and war.

In those days there were many mages for hire, but few had the experience or reputation of El Calentro, so they were the elite mercenary mages of their time. However, their greed overtook them, instead of dealing with requests personally, they created items and imbued them with power, thus they could sell their wares to both sides of wars without fear of harm. When this treachery was discovered, they were all but wiped out. A few escaped with some items, but most of their weapons and knowledge was destroyed with them.


He held up the amulet, and it glistened gently in the firelight.

This is one of those that survived. It would have been expensive at the time, but now... I could not place a value on it. Our rabble here, have either a very wealthy and stupid backer, or a collector of interesting majiks.
I hope it is not the latter.


Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:24 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 92
Post 
TuT watched and listened intently as the wizard gave the told his tale of magical. This was definitely one of Taff's more lucid moments, which seemed to be occuring with increasing frequency of late. The armulet was the first thing that TuT had noticed when he had captured the slain man. In the moments before Taff had shouted his ominous warning, TuT had felt the sudden flow of power that begin to radiat through the necklace, thankfully now hanging - safely - in the wizard's hands. That it could wield such deadly power made his body hair stand on end.

Taff - I think that we must find an answer for this question of yours and soon ...

With such mischief afoot, we may even fine your fireworks !!!

Let us rest here for two settings of the sun, recover and think about where we might find this character.

We also still have a puzzle to solve - we must find the one who fled the battle.

_________________
tactics are like water
TGH |


Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:34 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:19 am
Posts: 302
Location: Lost and Alone; Searching for Me
Post 
I watched as the Vurumai gathered around the fire, their attention seemingly focused on the guilds Mage.

The smell of the stew wafting across the glade smelt wonderful. It took me back to my home, to a time when my father had been alive. Memories of our nightly excursions as he taught me the clandestine arts were always punctuated by a bowl of the cooks stew on our return home. I felt the warmth of the kitchen and I smiled to myself as I heard my fathers' deep laugh as we recounted the events of the evening.

Movement nearby suddenly broke my reverie. My sudden intake of breath was gently released as I recognised Taff's form hovering over the body of the recently slain man. He seemed to find what he was looking for quickly and wandered back to the fireside. As he talked he held up what looked like an amulet. The firelight dancing across its surface flashed brilliantly.

The discussion around the fireside continued and soon the glade lay in darkness. Guards had not yet been posted and in the darkness I took advantage of their absence. I crawled across the ground till I arrived on the far side of the pile of fallen.

The smell of death was strong already. I cursed the Vurumai for their tidiness, as it would make it more difficult to take what I needed. In fact the only body that was easily available was the one that had just lost his life, but for me to reach him would place me in view of any of those that sat around that fire that might happen to look up.

What was I to do?

_________________
Ministry of Stone
Servant of the Wheel
Ceidwad am rholyn, Callineb
Keeper of scrolls, Callineb


Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:44 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:51 am
Posts: 19
Location: Slittin' my throat...
Post 
Lestrat sat up tiredly, yawning as he absently scratched an itch in his side. The fire had dwindled down to its embers, glowing faintly in the darkness. Small talk and idle conversations around him continued as he grumbled slightly to himself in irritation- as the day waned and the sun set, he had fallen asleep. He cursed mildly at his wounds- they were healing nicely, though the herbs and poultices he had used had a drowsiness factor to them, allowing the patient to sleep and heal the wounds without further action taken.

Turning over on his side, he was about to close his eyes when something at the extreme of his vision caught his eye. He blinked owlishly, rubbing sleep-sand from his eyes and starring off into the distance. Nothing. Muttering to himself, something about the fact that he must be seeing things, he pulled his sleeping roll tighter about him and closed his eyes.

_________________
Nyamafu Vurumai

Doest thou have the Courage or the Desperation to Kiss the Razor?


Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:07 pm
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 61
Post 
When he had finished his food he put his bowl on the side of him and calmy lay down on the ground. He didn't have the power to move and he didn't want to ask of that favour. As he tried to make himself comfortable he lay down on the side looking into the trees where the battle had been earlier in the afternoon. He didn't remember that much because he was still dizzy after the brutal knockout that giant had given him. He shrugged the memory out of his head and tried to get some sleep. But as he closed his eyes he felt as if something was watching him. He opened his eyes hasty and looked into the trees. Something moved in there, a quick, short movement and then nothing. Atleast he thought so. Hmm probably because im dizzy. But when he closed his eyes again he got the same feeling, and the same thing occured when he opened his eyes again...

"Hey guys... Is it only me or is there something in those trees? I thought I saw a movement..." he said without turning his head from the spot he was looking at...


Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:51 am
Profile
Professional Pyro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Swansea, Wales
Post 
Taff was meditating, or more precisely he was trying to meditate. The recent events had been unsettling, and some things he believed to be buried were not. This lead to difficulty concentrating. He set about a control exercise he taught. Pusillanimity was the trick of channelling heat from one place to another, without using yourself as a conduit. It had little risk involved, so he practised with the fire, drawing heat from it to warm the surrounding air.
Concentration came to him in the peace and quiet, until Zomb startled him. He lost control of the power, and the flames burst up high into the sky, and then died as the heart of the fire turned to ice.
Shit! he exclaimed as the heat of the fire swept across him. But his sharp elven senses picked out a movement as the flames lit the surrounding area.
He leapt up towards the movement but was suddenly blind as the flames disappeared leaving blackness. He stumbled noisily in his nightblinded state. So instead he stood for a moment to let his eyes adjust, his hand resting on the hilt of his fiery blade.

_________________
Kids, Bringing about the Armgeddon can be dangerous.
Do not attempt it in your own home.


Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:17 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:19 am
Posts: 302
Location: Lost and Alone; Searching for Me
Post 
I waited and watched. The murmur of voices indistinct. I yawned, the last few days had been long and hard and I was having trouble staying awake. When all of a sudden I clearly heard the voice of Zomb, "Hey guys... Is it only me or is there something in those trees? I thought I saw a movement..."

With the words spoken the flames of the fire suddenly leapt higher ... I froze for I felt sure the extra light that they would cast would reveal my position hiding behind the pile of corpses. The fire suddenly died and the night went black. I did not hesitate and took the sudden blackness to leave the glade. Although my vision had initially been impaired by change from light to dark, it soon returned to normal and I moved quickly from the glade. When once again amongst the trees I found one suitable and climbed into the canopy. Moving from tree to tree, until I hoped I was far enough away from being detected.

I sat wedged in the fork of a tree and as I fought sleep I realised how blessed I had been to have inherited my fathers night vision. Soon I could fight no more and sleep engulfed my weary slight frame.

_________________
Ministry of Stone
Servant of the Wheel
Ceidwad am rholyn, Callineb
Keeper of scrolls, Callineb


Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:23 pm
Profile
Professional Pyro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Swansea, Wales
Post 
His night vision set in and he headed for the place he had seen the movement. All he could see was the corpse TuT dispatched earlier. Either his eyes had decieved him, or whatever it was had fled. He looked around and saw nothing else between there and the treeline.
Excitement coursed through his blood, heightening his senses, bringing his concentration to a point. He deftly set a ward on the body, should anyone return to it, a thunderclap would alert them.
He walked back to the fire circle and shrugged. Nothin', but we'll know if it comes back. He drew the heat from the air back into the fire, and it burst into flames.
He sat down and began to meditate again, the cold air started to settle, but he sucked the cold still further into an ice shape infront of him. As the night progressed, he shaped it with licks of flame and cold, into an image of icanthus, his blade.


Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:15 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 92
Post 
TuT had woken briefly during the night. Zomb had been shouting in his sleep, not surprising, given the wounds that he had sustained against the rabble. Taff's fireball was all a tired, saddle sort bloke needed. what was needed at this point was sleep.

When he awoke, the fire was already burning bright, Taff was hunced over the flames, the glow of Vurumite danced the length of icanthus as Taff infused his magik into the blade. Leaving, the mage in peace - for now - TuT strolled beyond the edge of the clearing to attend to a call of nature, on his return to the fireside he passed the corpse of the rabble leader, the air crakling around his was the last thing that he could remember as he bent down to search the miscreant for the final time ...


<edit>Be careful not to have posts that are too short. I have edited your punctuation to shorten a run on sentence you had.</edit>

_________________
tactics are like water
TGH |


Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:37 am
Profile
Professional Pyro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Swansea, Wales
Post 
Taff was just about to settle for the knowledge that one cannot accurately capture a flame in an ice sculpture, when his ward went off. The thunder clap echoed through the surrounding forest, and birds silhouettes burst out across the night sky. He leapt to his feet and let the ice blade drop to the floor. Before it had shattered on the ground he had icanthus drawn and was heading over to the corpse. The fiery blade lit his path as he ran, illuminating the rocks that had tripped him earlier.
He reached the spot, only to find two bodies where there had been only one. TuT appeared to have been knocked out by the ward. Taff shook his head, and thought that it was a good thing he hadn't used a more powerful spell. He pulled up some grass, wet with dew, and wrung it out allowing the drips to splash onto TuT's face.
He wondered out loud, What? Ye couldn't have just waited until daylight for another look? Ye wouldn't find me messing around with dead bodies a night time, thats the way rumours start!

_________________
Kids, Bringing about the Armgeddon can be dangerous.
Do not attempt it in your own home.


Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:07 am
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 7
Post 
Alex was worried. Surely, if a few dozen warriors don't come back, you should send more, not just a solitary scout. It wasn't just that he didn't want to die, which was no small part of it, but he mostly didn't want to be burned horribly first like the scorch marks on the trees suggested.
And yet, he knew that if he returned without any useful information, he'd be sent back in the daylight, which would be even worse. So he moved further round the treeline. Which was lucky, because not five minutes later, a man walked over to where he had been settled, and relieved himself. He couldn't get a good look at the man, so he started to shift closer, while still remaining hidden. The man had started to walk back, when suddenly he stopped and bent down, looking in Alex's direction. Moments later, a huge boom resounded around the area, originating by the man.
Alex was gone in a flash, dashing through the forest for a short while, until his brain took over from his instincts. He started up the nearest tree, in hope of getting a vantage point. Halfway up the tree, he gripped a branch, and his hand slipped off cloth resting on it. He toppled backwards through the darkness and hit the ground with a thud, then everything went black.


Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:38 am
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 61
Post 
He awoke with a snap and immediatly felt his wounds ache. His sight went black and he screamed. The pain was incredible and it felt like his spine were bursting out of his body. He curled into a ball and stretched out in cramps. He felt his broken ribs against his skin which made him only to scream more. And then it was gone, he felt totally normal... the pain was gone... he felt all over his body to see that everything was still there but... but what had caused this pain? And why did it go away so fast... He sat up with a huge effort and looked around. Taff came from the bushes with TuT walking slowly and unsteady after. He tried to stand up to help them but the pain was too great so he sat down again and said just as low as they would here him so he wouldn't awake the others,

"Taff, what are you guys doing? Ahh.. do you have anything for my pain, I just woke up and.. It hurt so incredible, and then it just went away. I have no idea what it was..."


Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:55 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 19
Post 
Canute had finished his looting and returned to the fire just in time for Taff's story. It put him in mind of a song he knew about the destruction of El Calentro, but he could see from Taff's face and the tension in the camp that this was not the time for it. So he had curled up with Rhapsody's already sleeping form and went to sleep. For his mother had told him, 'sleep whilst you can, for soon enough you'll have more to keep you awake than you ever dreamed of'. His mother had had a plan, which was flawed in one small way, there was no real call for gnomish gigalo's, but he dreamed of his mother's plan anyway.
A little while later he awoke to a roar from the fire, he looked about, but it had grown very dark and quite quiet so he quickly fell back to his dreams. What seemed like only moments later, he was thrown up into the cold air as Rhapsody was startled by a sudden thunder clap. He looked round as he tried to settle his fox. He started compsing a song, quietly to relax his beast.

Who needs and army,
When you're Vurumai.
We're searching for Taff's ark,
And fighting in the dark.
Cuts and Slashes,
Searching for our Flashes.
Ny'mafu Vurumai,
Killing like an army!


He was getting the impression that this wasn't calming Rhapsody, so he stopped, and looked around. With the realisation that the sun was not far off the horizon he gave up on sleep and wandered over to the fire.

_________________
There once was an gnome called McClane
Who everyone thought was insane
He speaks in verse, because of a curse.
'Shall ne'er be normal again


Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:59 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:19 am
Posts: 302
Location: Lost and Alone; Searching for Me
Post 
Suddenly I was awake, pulled from depths a dreamless slumber. Or at least I thought it was a dreamless slumber. I wasn't sure what had woken me and I sat frozen to the spot for a second my heart racing. It was then I felt something tug on my cloak and heard a thud as something heavy hit the ground. I stayed still for a moment listening and when I heard no movement I unwedged myself from the forks of the tree and began to climb down.

I could see what appeared to be the figure of a man lying on the ground. I dropped quietly to the forest floor and knelt beside him. He lay on his back and I could easily see his eyes were shut. He must have hit his head in the fall I thought. I wondered briefly who he was. Quickly I searched him, checking his body for broken bones and removing his weapons. The back of his head where he had hit it, there was no blood.

I disengaged his cloak from about his shoulders to cover him, it was then that I felt the quality of the garment and knew instinctively it was in better repair than my own. He moaned and my instinct to run kicked in. Without even thinking I jumped back and found my way behind a large tree. He appeared to be coming round.

_________________
Ministry of Stone
Servant of the Wheel
Ceidwad am rholyn, Callineb
Keeper of scrolls, Callineb


Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:45 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore
Free Browser Based Strategy Game - Fantasy Authors, Books and Series