It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Maxim General Discussion. (OOC) 
Stablehand

First of all Azrael, let me say that I enjoyed being able to read a post authored by you again. It's been a while. Now on to the subject you the map.

I think this is a great idea and I would love to see it implemented. I agree with all the points that you made about why I personally read fantasy. It's all about the picture that is painted upon the canvas that is my mind. Tolkien's world came to life when I first read LOTR and I have been hooked ever since.

I have a case in point to add. The armies of Tiavain and NV recently marched agains the lands of SO and WoR. Before they could get to our lands they were forced to attempt to go through the lands of Silence. It was an excellent storyline that had quite a following. As I recall the first thread had over 1000 views. Yes, I'm sure that a great many of those reading were because of the number of guilds involved. But I would like to think the picture that was painted drew in others.

Perhaps this could be addressed at a GM meeting some Sunday night.

[shadow=#B8860B]Sanctum Officium's Official Peon[/shadow]
[shadow=#993300]Acolyte of Pain[/shadow]

Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:49 pm
Stablehand

Personally, the Mo'Pri map kind of annoyed me while I was playing. Invariably, the terrain you imagine while writing a charter doesn't really have an analog on the graphic map. Or if it does, actually claiming your guild to be in that location doesn't match up with the rest of your charter. For instance, in the perfect terrain spot, is jumbled several guilds, yet you describe yours to be located in a fairly secluded area. Or if you describe your guild to be located at a bustling crossroads, always full of activity, you'll find the best climate/terrain locale to be half way across the map from the nearest guild.

Of course, having a map does have its virtues, but on some level, I think I'd feel confined by it at times.

Without an official map, I'm free to just conjure up new territories, and describe them as I see fit.

Now, I've read The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion. They all include maps of one sort or another. Having those maps did help me keep my bearings, and see where a person was in relation to where they started, and where they were headed at whatever point in the novel. It gave me a feel for where things sat in relation to one another. But really, what made the setting seem real was the attention to detail, and the actual descriptions of the places in the novel.

Minas Tirith is just a dot on the map in the front of LotR. But after reading the chapter where Gandalf and Pippin arrive, you get an idea of what the city looks like, how its arranged and all.

Not to say a map is a bad idea, I just don't think having one will do all the things you think it will. The reason why you don't have a lot of interconnected roleplay threads, where events in one affect another, has little to do with the existance (or lack thereof) of a map. I'd sooner think it was because the majority of the players have taken on a more isolationist mindset recently than the players of 4 years ago had.

Questions of the Evernight variety? Ask at ICQ #95982751.

Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:33 pm
Stablehand

The reason why you don't have a lot of interconnected roleplay threads, where events in one affect another, has little to do with the existance (or lack thereof) of a map. I'd sooner think it was because the majority of the players have taken on a more isolationist mindset recently than the players of 4 years ago had.

I am not saying a map will suddenly turn the world of maxim 180 degrees. However can you honostly say it wouldn't make us take a step forward? We have to look at a map in relative terms.

If let's say it went the direction of guilds picking quads on the map as thier area as it was in Mo'Pri, this does not mean they own that much of the map, it means they are located in that area. A dot on the map signifying a city, symbolizes a very large area with many roads and such 10 of miles around or more.

I doubt highly anyone wants to be -right- next door to a guild, Everyone wants space. Its adds spice to it, attacking so and so guild does not involve walking across the street, it may involve a week long march, far away from your lands to get there. As many of us here know, the game play is very limited in its RP sense, we don't war in the RP sense exactly how we click the buttons in our realms. Technically it would mean every kingdom was near each other to throw fireballs from one kingdom to another.

Right now its hit and miss, everyone just improvising everything they do, making things up to where what one person says about Maxim doesn't gel with what another says. Now while this does promote free thinking and imagination, I think a -little- bit of set standards would aid it a lot. If guild A is attacking Guild B, whereever they may ne on the map, Guild A may be passing though lands of Guilds C and D to get there. For those interested in RP, they would notice this, giving people outside of the two guilds involved an incentive to maybe drop a few posts here and there in that war thread.

As it stands, say I am Isonian. If a Foret and Darden guild go to war that has nothing to with my guild, I feasibly have no reason to post in their thread except to make something up that may interfere with those two guilds roleplay. With a map, I have an interesting reason if they are passing through my area, and they know it as well. It adds another spectrum and places us all on the same page allowing for more interactive and cohesive RP.

No, not sweeping change, but just one more step to making the RP around here more enjoyable.

We shall never rest[/glow]

[/center]

Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:55 pm
Stablehand

That was from right around when Maxim first started up, I believe.

The idea was to have everyone pick a spot for their guild/city whatever and then there'd be an index on the main page for what grid square everything in the list was located in.

Now I think that maybe guild spots would be more difficult to role-play, since everyone has their own realm in different conditions or places or whatever. But there's a lot of just general cities and other specified locations floating around that are on such and such a coast or in such and such a mountain that could be located on a map and referenced that way a lot easier--it's something that isn't related to or confused with gameplay, just pure role-play.

If I've got a city on the west coast and I'm talking about taking a ship to Azrael's island off the south coast it can help to have a map to visualize with, and/or see other locations that might be on the way. I'd say the chances of actually increasing interactivity are low since the chances of the map actually being used widespread are low, but I think it'd be a nice resource for the avid RPers that we do have, just kind of a collection of information.

1am GMT 27/3/04
[/center]

Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:08 am
Stablehand

It's an interesting example that moving through or near another guild's territory on my way to an intended target.

But. I think it's not unreasonable to believe that I, along with my Isonia guild would send our troops on the senic route in order to give a Foret guild a wide berth as we march toward our Darden target.

And, assuming I'm right about the isolationist feelings being more prevelant than not, having a map won't affect those people. They'll ignore the map and only deal with their own guild, and the guild they happen to be at war with at the moment.

Sure, it's a tool that can be used by the people who want to meddle in events that otherwise wouldn't directly concern them. Bear in mind however, the people who don't want to use the map, won't. The only problem I have with a map from an official stand point is - who's going to maintain it? (I'm quite certain it won't be me. ;p) That's a small problem, but if you're going to be constantly updating markers where guilds form and disappear, a necessary one to solve.

Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:27 am
Stablehand

Those who are isolationists won't change their mind easily. You are correect there. I am not saying people -have - to use the map. But it does give incentive.

As far as maintaining the map, when I first proposed my map a year or two ago I also offered to maintain it. I am not going to drop a map in your laps and then say, "here staff, you take care of it."

This isn't about me though. I have no map to maintain if there is no official sanctioned map. =)

[/center]

Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:58 am
Templar

See - the problem I had with the map when it was first introduced was this.

My character has an extensive background role play about living in the desert. Hey wait - there's no freakin on the map!

My character has an extensive background role play about living in the mountains. There's no freakin mountains where I can put my guild.

My character has an extensive background of being isolated and in a very hard to approach place. I find a spot, I submit my guild, we're on the map. A week later the two biggest guilds in the game are six minutes walk by a pensioner with a walking frame leading a reluctant donkey from my front freakin door.

I don't want to have to build my roleplay around the map. I'd much rather be able to freeform RP.

Alternately? I'm writing a solo piece - not deliberately isolationist, but I'm dealing with an Avatar of Darden/Cast out spirit/Elder Dragon/Reluctant Demon character set. I pick a spot on the map. I have Demon Hunters/Dragon Hunters/Heathens/etc come along and decide that they should interfere because I'm in the same area as their character. I have the choice of either altering my characters drastically, god moding, because I'm doing a story piece involving god characters who were never intended to interact with other people, or not posting the thread/character because I don't want to risk other people messing with my storyline. Alternately asking people to kindly sod off and leave me alone - which is somewhat rude if we happen to be sharing a backyard for our role plays. Etc.

Maps are a cool idea as a recode/in game function. I've played other games with maps attached for a graphic interface - moving your troops around and such over the actual map ... and they're cool. But as a role play function? I think its inhibitive.

Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:24 am
Stablehand

Just because two dots are relativly close on a map does not mean they are "next door"

On a map of illinois, Chicago and Rockford are an inch or two apart, yet it is a two drive. By horse its a while LOL.

No one is stopping anyone from free form RP with a map involved. You could still have a "closed thread" or "Invite only" thread. Just because something you are doing in generally near some other guild does not mean they have a -right- to post in your thread. If its closed its your thread and there is nothing rude about that.

Just my take on it

[/center]

Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:41 am
Templar

Assume one Acre is one Furlong long and one chain wide. Thats 201M x 20M - or 4046 square metres. If we start with say 2000 of those, we have some 8000 square KM's of land for a starting kingdom? yanno - a 90km x 90km kingdom. Thats at starting build.

Say you've got 10 kingdoms... say 15k acres each. A tidy respectable moderately advanced maxim kingdom.

15000 parcels of 4046 square meters 10 times over = 606,900,000 square meters - or some six hundred thousand square meters.
now lets asume 800 kilometres along one side of the guild territory, 750 kilometres along the other side.

Moving troops on horseback? 10 leagues a day was considered good progress for a large army. 30 miles. 48 kilometers. more then 2 weeks to cross a guilds territory at the narrowest point.

There's 165 people listed as members of guilds on the current ranks. The two top guilds average something like 2.2 million ANW kingoms. a 10k acre kingdom averages say 320k max fluffed and fully built.

If we were just guessing, we could speculate that Silence occupies some 1,500,000 - 2,000,000 acres. Thats more then 7500 x 8000 kilometers along each side of their guild territory alone. almost half a year to cross their territory on horse back.

The continent of Australia, the largest Island on the planet earth, is about 6 million square kilometres. So Silence occupies a quarter of that.

If we were talking about say Continental US including a chunk of canada and mexico to get it into a nice square map - just to put it in scale...

Lets take scale, and assume it doesn't apply to th reality of game mechanics. Distance between pixels on a screen is where we start getting issues.

(Distances done using english miles/leagues/acres/etc - http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/units/length.htm)

Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:40 am
Stablehand

Your first mistake Connor is to equate in game acreage to the RP world of Maxim.

It was said a long time ago that the relative size of the Isle of Maxim is aboiut the size of New Zealand.

If you added up ever acre of every kingdom in game, it would be massive. Thats because in game coding has an unlimited amount of acres that can be had by all kingdoms.

Honostly to me thats the worst mistake and RPer can do, is use strict in game dimensions and terms in thier RP.

ANother misnomer on your part Connor is lumping a guilds holdings all in one area of the map. Think about this, using your in game view. If you attack another guild and take thier land, are you saying that those acres are magically lifted off the island and transported to where your guild location is? Do you relaly believe that everyone in a certain guild has their land touching one another?

If we to say to a color representation of the map, showing what area were controled by who after every war, it would be a paint splatter. There would be different color dots everywhere, because war after war you are taking land from different people in different areas.

The way I see the Guild markers is this. That is a Guild's home base, that is where say the GM lives and are the headquarters of the guild. Hell the way me and my Guild mates RPed it was like that. Azrael has his tower on the Isle of Winds off the southern coast of the main Isle, that was SAO's main camp. However not all my members had thier realms and keeps or what have you on the Isle of Winds.

For someone who is worried about free form RP, you sure are limiting yours by taking all that time figuring out how many acres a guild has together and how much of the Isle they control.

[/center]

Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:18 pm
Traveler

I remember when JoT did the map and there were many discussions on its merit and usefullness.

I may be wrong, I am a lot, but I tink the overall idea behind it was to help RP out by giving you a location or some idea of general locations. A new map would be cool in that you could have input from others - just like JoT had - as to topography and so on.

In the end we are only limited by our imaginations, who is to say that there isn't a desert somewhere? Maps have not alwasy been accurate and during the middle ages type time period we are RPing out they still thought of the world as flat and their maps reflected that.

A mpa would just be another tool for RP, if you wanted to use it. I love the idea, and I think that Azrael is on the right track when he says that Mo'Pri had a physicality to it. I rememebr Inverness and thier whole complex identity as to their lands and so on, reminds me of Tiavan now.

Hell my old guild AVN had a "place" and we had it mapped out as to what was where and how it looked. I liked that, in fact that is what I am doig now with a new guild idea that is expanded upon the AVN chater and structure.

I like the map, to some it may seem limiting but I think if we look at it as a tool to use in RP instead of a concrete rpsentation then we can move past that.

My thoughts only.

Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:36 pm
Templar

technically I'm bored at work, and pending other people before continuing the next couple RP's. Besides - it took a grand total of like 5 minutes to work the math out for why its not a very good idea.

Lets keep in mind who's raised the issue of scale however. My initial point was, that the map concept is confining, in that if you don't just ignore it completely, it limits your options for where to place your guild or your scenarios for role play unless you ignore relativity completely.

If you're ignoring relativity completely, why bother with the map to begin with? Sure an inch is 2 hours walk, but my kingdom is a good 12 inches. Wait - my kingdom is all over the joint? How do my troops muster? How do I get all of my knights from my barracks, which are spread from one corner of the map to another, to the battle field, how do I gather my troops? How do I train new troops when my barracks are spread in tiny little clusters of 20 or 30 guys in little corners all over the map, and then expect them to work in cohorts or legions?

The more reality you try and force to logistics and tactics the more you illustrate the fact that the game mechanics have no grounding in reality.

Its first important to stress, that I didn't make a mistake. I extrapolated your suggested principles to their logical conclusion and pointed out that it doesn't make any freakin sense.

However - I'm having a hard time equating

[quote=Azrael]Honostly to me thats the worst mistake and RPer can do, is use strict in game dimensions and terms in thier RP. [/quote]

and

[quote=Azrael]
Conner you have to look at it in scale. [/quote]

Logical consistency isn't readilly apparent here. I'm not looking at the issue in scale? I'm making the worst mistake an RP'er can make by looking at the suggesting in terms of scale and plausibility. Which one is it dude?

Either way - A map doesnt work as a part of the game.

The flaws that you've pointed out as far as I'm concerned only further illustrate why a map is a silly idea. If you want one? Go for your life, draw yourself a map. You have fun now.

But keep in mind it'll be your sand box. Your map. For you, your guild, and your role play. Making it official or part of the game requires other people to associate with it. I don't see any persuasive argument that suggests that that would be necessary, beneficial, or particularly useful. I infact think it would be directly the opposite. But thats my 0.02

Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:42 pm
Stablehand

I am not tlaking about in game mechanics, I don't give a whip about them. This is strictly for RP reference.

The map has no legend, it has no scale bar, the Isle has no set dimensions. RPers can improvise that on thier own. Meaning your "desert" can be huge if you want it to be.

When I said scale, you took off on a tangent. I was refering to what the actual distance is on the map itself. My quotes look contradictory when you quote them like that, but if my post is actual read and understood, you will see they are not.

Look at it terms of scale. A MAP SCALE. nothing to do with in game mechanics

The worst thing an RPers can do is to use strict in game mechanics. Again I am saying in game mechanics should not play that important of a role in free form RP except for the laid out story line of the world. How is that contradictory Connor?

~I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT IN GAME ANYTHING, ONLY RP~

[/center]

Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:28 pm
Stablehand

Well, it sounds to me like Connor has the same problem with a map that I have.

You make a map, it's officially sanctioned and everyone's using it, great.

Now. I haven't been playing in a couple years, I figure I'm gonna start up again. I glance over the guild list, none of the guild names are familiar, and none of my friends can say much about any of 'em, so I figure none of them are that spectacular. So I write my own charter, without having really read anyone else's.

I decide it'll be interesting to play as a reclusive people, for one reason or another, and I just got done watching the Dune mini-series on Sci-Fi, so it occurs to me that a vast desert waste would be a good natural boundary, that's why no one's ever run into my people before, they simply couldn't go far enough into the desert to reach them (meanwhile, my people, desert inhabitants by nature, have pretty much free run of the sand). So I get my charter approved, I grab my friends, we get together, and we decide we should pick a spot on the map.

Now, it just happens that the way I wrote my charter, my vast dessert is landlocked. And it's an infamous desert, no one dares to cross it because no one that's tried has ever come out alive. Entire armies get swallowed by that desert, You always always go arround that desert. Now when I glance over a few other charters that are up, I find out that desert groups are like the new black, and half the guilds in the game are desert based. So I look on the map for a place to say my guild is from. Lo and behold, there is but one desert on the map, and it's only land locked because of the coastal mountain range that bounds two sides. So there's no reason for anyone to want to cross the desert, and there's nothing really to go arround it to. Plus, since half the guilds in the game are desert based, the one desert on the map is peppered with guild flags, where my charter says the desert my people are in, they are the only people that know how to survive in that particular desert, it's much harsher than any other desert in the known world (under the appearantly mistaken assumption there was more than one desert in the world).

Now that I've spent two weeks writing a wonderful charter, the 'official map' invalidates everything I claim to be true about my people.

Like it or not, Azrael, the map -is- a constraint.

Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:27 pm
Pseudo-Voodoo Sidhe

In some ways I find that maps are restrictive, but in other ways they can be useful...

I remember the map made by JoT for Maxim absoltely ages ago and I remember doing the detail work for my guild's section of the map. It was fun but it never really got used.

I'm afraid that I think a map of the entire isle is never going to work. Especially if it describes what kind of terrain is where. I know the kind of lands that the various Sanctum kingdoms are built on and we'd never find a spot that would meet all our needs, even though our role-play has made a note here and there of the number of day's travel between some of those realms.

However something that some people like to play with and something that I like to do with my various rp constructs that are littered around the isle is to make regional maps. For example on this here computer of mine I have a map of my realm Culaearien, the red desert. I also have drawn out using Campaign Cartographer (wonder program) the region of Gyppeswyk and a few others. Obviously in my head I know exactly what the maps of my rp'ed areas are like but drawing them out does help make them seem...more real I suppose.

Sorry if I seem to be whittering here. What I guess I'm trying to say is that although it has been done in the past I doubt there will be another isle-wide map of Maxim. But I don't think that should stop people from drawing out maps of their realms, rp areas etc.

Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:31 pm
Stablehand

What Maxim, Mo’Pri, Improv was … it never will be again. Ever. You will never be able to rescue it, never be able to start it up and make it what it once was. For those of you, who only know it in story and legend, cherish them as just that, legend. For those of you who lived it, let it be the constant reminder of why you are here playing in Maxim.

On the issue of an invite only game … I think this is one of the final shots in the foot you could do to the game, and it will discourage any sort of growth whatsoever. But gods bless you all for trying to do something that will help. I always loved Mo’Pri, Maxim, Improv … I hope this new version is just as spiffy as all these have gotten.

But I will warn again, Maxim is dead.

Reforming guilds into a more Role-play conducive environment may be a better idea than actually trying to breathe life into this dead hulk.

-Reylan Talonspyre
-Morgan Lestrat
-Palladius Vile
-Pastor Evencourt
-Aeryn Krynn
-Tenris Evencourt
-Arcanis Vile
-Foret Faith Maxim
-Jordan Schaefer

Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:25 pm
Bone Breaker

I think one of the main reasons Maxim is struggling is due to the low turns.

I remember Mopri/improve/early maxim when there was a ton of in-game things to rp away on. There was so many things going on. It was much easier to take down top guilds also. With the +1 more turns than guilds environment, things just stagnated to a creeping crawl.

I also remember when game changes occured weekly (ie. turns varied, acts of god, turn cap, etc). This also helped shape rp.

As to the invite thing. Who is doing the inviting? Would you really want to keep anyone out that wanted to play?

Fo: I don't care, because I kick ass.

Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:36 pm
Stablehand

Well, perhaps what we have to do is, instead of focusing on a map of sorts, is work on creating locations that people can recognize as being in Maxim... I recall a while ago, that Ronin created Imhabia <--- (I think thats what it was called) and worked really hard to make the island metropolis come to life. And it at least partially worked. Although I never visited Imhabia, I knew of it, knew generally where it was situated, what happened there.

As I see it, right now, RP consists of a few different types of activities.
a) tavern threads... a guild, getting together to goof off in whatever way they see fit (as an example... look at OAFS' tavern...)
b) discussion threads, where people sit around and talk in someones kingdom or a defined room. (Azrael's Sidhe gathering thread)
c) quest threads, where groups of people who want to go and do something impressiveish.
d) War threads, where, for the most part, people solo RP

But what we need more of are threads where everyone is invited, there is no real plot, and many different things can happen at once. I just noticed that Tiavain is trying to do that in their city (Tiavain shops thread) But it would be great if more threads like these would open up, and landmarks created again in Maxim.

And now... Im going to stop rambling :-)

Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:26 pm
Stablehand

As I understand the map talk, it's to encourage more interactivity with RP. Then perhaps simply a list of landmarks and major guild cities would do the job just fine, rather than a map.

RPers and GMs could submit their landmarks, cities, etc., with brief description, and a list could be compiled. It wouldn't have to be "maintained" really, even an OOC thread stickied up in this forum where anyone could post their RP landmarks for others to see and possibly use in their own RPs would be a fine in my opinion.

That wouldn't be anything for staff to up-keep other than closing one thread and starting another really.

Just one more thing..about the time it takes to cross to another guild for war, or being close enough to "throw fireballs" at eachothers kingdoms, well I always thought that's what guilds had these wonderful, great, sometimes nearly godlike sorcerors and mages for.

Our kingdom leaders don't have to launch fireballs from the catapult, our sorcerors and priests conjure up enormous hurricanes and storms of lightning for that. Who needs to go horseback if our mages can whip up a nice spell to magically take our armies wherever we need them to go.

Connor, loved your rather facetious map, funny thing is, Silence is about 5k from the 2m now. Would you mind next time scooting us north a few spots so we could have some of that prime Canadian real estate? Thank you!

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:38 am
Stablehand

that sounds like a great idea. If nothing else... I feel it would really help people to post, for instance, in a war thread or something, if they knew where they were going. My kingdom lies deep in a forest, for instance, but I have been attacked by footmen marching across plains, people scaling mountains, and my island(?) being attacked from the sea. A bit disconcerting for all involved.

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:47 am
Stablehand

I'm gonna nit-pick a little about a couple posts. You guys don't mind. (that's a statement, not a question. ;p)

Pastor -
The statement that the invite only deal will completely discourage growth - It's hard to tell, but you may be under the impression that this will be a one shot deal, you're either in or you're out. It's not. It will allow for more players to join at most any time. And before I continue with this point, I have to pick up the other thing I want to address.

Odominus -
"As to the invite thing. Who is doing the inviting? Would you really want to keep anyone out that wanted to play?"
Right now, I'm going to be the gate keeper. Mostly because I haven't decided how to address the headaches of setting up a tool so someone else can do this. But, I will be accepting recommendations from players that are invited on who else they think should be invited. I'm strongly considering allowing people to ask to get in on their own.

But the answer to your last question is yes. And this is exactly why we're trying the invite only system. I will keep out people that want to play. I'm only interested in the people that want to roleplay. And it's abundantly obvious that too large a faction of the players here that don't want to roleplay at all simply will not refrain from making kingdoms.

If the players who don't want to RP will not keep themselves out of an RP game, I'm compelled to find a way to keep them out that's more substantial than the honor system.

This is only going to apply to the in-game, kingdom side of things. Access to the boards will not be restricted. Anyone that wants to RP will be able to with ease. People that do post will have a good chance of being allowed to have a kingdom. People that don't want to RP won't have kingdoms, so they won't have much reason to post here. That's the theory anyways.

In time, with a little luck, people will grasp that you must roleplay regularly to play in Maxim, and I'll be able to make the game open again. We'll see what we see.

Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:47 am
User no longer exists

Maxim is a roleplay game. Mo'Pri was a roleplay game. Improv was a roleplay game.

We've tried forcing you to roleplay with a post counter. What we got on the average out of that was a bunch of stuff that barely qualified as actual roleplay.

We've tried putting it on the GM/AGM's to force their members to roleplay. What we got out of that was similar to what we have above. Some guilds did it, most didn't.

I've tried adjusting the turnrate to the point that there is no tactical advantage to playing this game because of the high amount of turns. What we got out of that was a bunch of people who roleplay, do all the right things, and alot more who don't and are just here for the hell of it.

The only option left is to watch over your shoulder and make you roleplay, if you don't, remove you. We've tried that in the past with a council, all that did was led to conflict and it being disolved because people can't get along.

I see no other option then to put it on an Admin to moderate it.

So here we are, Maxim is now invite only. Magus has detailed how it will happen, a thread will be made shortly before we go live with it. For those who feel slighted, wait until you see it all said and done. If you still feel slighted, by all means come talk to me about it. We are not trying to keep certain people out of the game. Well - in a way we are, the people who arn't here for the reason the game exists.

But if you want to roleplay. If you can follow the rules. You will find yourself with an invite to play. As Magus said, we will take recommendations from fellow players on who should be invited. If you are paranoid that you may not get the invite, then my suggestion is start writing like there is no tomorrow and convience people you are here for the right reasons.

Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:14 pm
User no longer exists

So someone send me, or tell me where I can find a program that does layouts like the Map thingie.

I actually need it for another project ;x

Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:22 pm
Stablehand

In responce to ThePheonix. Thanks for the recognition on the Tiavain thread. There are other Tiavain threads that are out there that just promote a good time.

Ravenfire Island for one. A vacation Island were faith, weapons and troubles are left at the dock. So if you want to join, please send me a PM. Thanks. Oh and I know that there already 16 threads to this story, but you almost do not have to know the whole history to join, just a few basics that you get told.

Lord Tiamat

Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:48 pm
Pseudo-Voodoo Sidhe

Souldemon, I use Campaign Cartographer Pro from these guys:

http://www.profantasy.com/

It's not a free program but it is very nice for making maps. I know Elador and me are planning to buy some of their other mapping software for dungeons and cities at some point so that we can continue to map out our role-play regions in the Maxim world :)

Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:56 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next