It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:41 am

Silence goes to war 
Stablehand

Kyoji's words confused him. Edger had originally thought he spoke of remaining at peace but obviously the diminuative furry one had not heard him properly. Kyoji had leaned into his face and thrown his words back at him, proclaiming his desire to see heathens dead in the cause of their god. Edger stood there on the council table, rocked back on his hind paws, unable to respond to the ferocious verbal onslaught by the proud warrior. By the time he recovered enough of his senses to realize that they were on the same side of this conflict Kyoji had stormed from the chamber.

While wisdom was not necessarily Edger's strongest attribute he was wise enough to realize that charging after him was likely to find the warriors steel run through his chest. Instead Edger returned to his keep as quickly as he could. Kyoji was a learned man and, after his ire had cooled slightly, a letter would perhaps be sufficient enough to lessen the strife between them.

Where's my knife? Edger fairly screamed at one of the servents. How in the hell am I supposed to sharpen a quill without a knife? Paper from his desk lay strewn across the floor of his study as the servent scrambled from the room, running to find a knife. After a moment Edger grimmaced and used one of his fangs to bring the quill to more of a point. With a look of disgust he spat. Damned ink tastes like shit.

Quote:
Kyoji,

Please accept my most sincere apologies. The heat of the moment in the council chamber carried through my blood and caused me not only to misspeak, but to mishear. For some idiotic reason I thought I heard you declare that you were for peace at all costs. This obviously is against Foret's will and was not the case. Clearly you, as I, desire to act as an instrument of His will. We both know that only through the collection of Darden and Isonian souls can the First Born be restored to his rightful place as the true and dominant god of the land.

We are not on the opposite sides of the unfortunate conflict, rather we are of the same mind. Side by side is where we should fight. Restoring honor and glory to the Cacophony of Silence and to Foret. Again Kyoji, please allow me to extend my most honest and sincere apologies for my conduct towards you in the council chamber. You are a strong and honorable warrior who I shall be proud to fight alongside. With all humility,

Edger

The servant returned with a knife about the same time as Edger was sealing the letter. Here. Make sure a courier takes this to Akoda Kyoji immediately.

Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:50 pm
Stablehand

The room had exploded into a cacophony of yells, screams and shouts. Brother opposed brother in heathed disputes. Anger grew and weapons were drawn. The room dissolved into chaos. Shaman Stones stood with his back against the wall surveying the scene. His chair, near the head of the table lay overturned, one leg broken.

He would not take sides. He could not. Personal feelings aside the Shaman decided to remain studiously neutral. While he was a priest of Foret and knew his god needed souls, he was a healer at heart and could not take arms against any of his breathren.

Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:06 pm
Stablehand

The messenger caught up to Kyoji as his army was in motion to defend their own lands. Kyoji eyed the messenger suspiciously. He took the letter and read it. His face betrayed no emotion. He rolled the scroll and placed it in his obi. He started to walk away and the messenger called out. "Edgar, your master would have a response Akodo Kyoji." Kyoji stopped for a split second and considered cutting the peasent down for his innsolence. He resumed walking. The messenger went to speak again but Kyoji responded, "Tell Edgar that I have my war so I am satisfied. When it is finished we will meet to discuss-- apologies." Kyoji kept stride but stopped. "Tell your lord that he should instruct his messengers to be more polite lest they find their tongues ina differnet location from their mouths." And Kyoji resumed his retreat.

Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:56 pm
Stablehand

Looks like the heathens decided to take advantage of the civil war the lands of Silence was facing. Id knew that they would make coward attacks to us while we are in this ...disadvantage.

Sire, a messenger has just come to our lands. Its from the lands of Sass.

the message offered peace. I could not turn my back against foret right now, for it needed me. There is no chance foret will be able to repel these cowards if we fight 2-3-4 wars. we needed to stop this one, ours. We needed to stand together.

Prepare my offensive army. We march tonight. Let it know that our kingdom has peace with all Foret lands, with the lands of Silence. But also let know, that i will not tolerate any backstabing, for if any foret kills one of ours, i whall treat that foret as an enemy, and kill it as if it were a bloody isonian of darden.
We march tonigh.

Even though foret is weakend, it shall not talorate any treason.

!~Kitasstrophy~! WeeC

Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:56 pm
Stablehand

They had left their siege immediately upon sending Lord Dante the message. Taking him for a man of his word and honour they had opened up their flank to his troops. They now marched on the Darden and Isonian armies invading the lands of Lord Dante. He was outnumbered and although not 24 hours previously they had the intentions of taking him by force, their allegiance to Foret stood above any civil disputes that might have divided them.

My Mistress, it is a message from Dante, he has accepted our peace with a warning of what might happen should we or another stab him in the back by breaking our offer.

Bah, he should know that the allegiance to Foret, to each other stands above any personal disputes we might have. Our argument was to find the will of Foret, did that mean peace or were we to war with the heathens? In either case the answer has been given to us by our enemies, they have taken the fight to us and should one of our brothers or sisters require aid we will answer their need despite personal feelings. We must remain loyal to Silence, to Foret!

So they moved out, the Hags of the Night leading the way for the sorceresses. Not long out on the march and the armies of Dante thundered by on horseback, setting a much faster pace. After all, the hag's of Sass were old and fragile. They moved slowly but with purpose and reason, and when they did reach their destination they brought mayhem and havoc with them. That time was fast approaching as the sounds of battle grew nearer and nearer with every footfall.

Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:44 am
Stablehand

Light reflected off of spear points as the troop column stretched in to the distance, partially veiled by the dust their shuffling feet stirred around them.

Suddenly the rearguard troops were startled as a large shadow passed overhead partially obscuring the sun, lightning flashed and the killing began.

"Ambush! Ambush to the rear!" the call went along the lines of the troops to the commander's ear.

"To me! Form on me, spears at the ready!" screamed the commander, "What in the name of Isonia is that! Standfast men! Show no fear, Isonia shall see us through this!"

Dark clouds formed and blocked out the sun as day turned to night. Bolts of lightning began to hammer the blocks of spearmen. The clouds parted and revealed a monstrous blue dragon diving with talons extended. The dragon hit the block of spearmen, grabbing individual spearmen and hauling them into the air and hurling their broken bodies back amongst their comrades.

"Commander, we can't fight that, the men are on the verge of panic, we must pullback while we still can!" gurgled the lieutenant, as a massive ivory claw exploded out of his chest.

"Yesssss, commander, you ssssshould withdraw now. I ssssshall spare your life and you ssssshall tell the world that I have returned. I am Khellendros, the Ssssstorm." hissed Khellendros.

Khellendros took to the air and glided gracefully over the lands of Silence seeking their most powerful lords...

Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:10 pm
Stablehand

Kyoji sat in his quarters. It had been a few days since the shouting stopped outside. A few days since he relocated to new lands that had been granted to him and a small number of his vassals by the larger, mostly unscathed members of silence. It was here that he would be allowed to build anew and regain his spot among the elite of the realm. Kyoji's thirst for blood had coused the deaths of many. On either side of this war or that war. Who the victims were didn't change that they were victims. Their blood was on Kyoji's hands.

All of the death in the last days had been for nothing but faith. No that isn't true. The first round of deaths were for vanity. Kyoji was vain enough to think he could challenge hi superiors and win. His lust for blood overshadowed his sense of honour and duty. And his people paid for it. They were destroyed while Kyoji took the bulk of forces on a campaign against his allies, the very lords who gave Kyoji shelter. Kyoji had done his best to make ammends. The three cuts were too honourable for what Kyoji had become. This dishonor was his to bear. And bear it he would, to his grave.

The second round of deaths had been of faith. Kyoji would not feel guilt for those. His small contingent of remaining troops fought like no others. And made dents in armies thrice their size. They fought like death had come for them. Death had come for them. They were damned soldiers. Deathseekers who cared now only to die gloriously so that they could make up for their dishonour in some way. Kyoji not the least among them. Akodo no longer, Kyoji did not deserve his families name. He was a ronin. He bore the biggest dishonour of them all. But made progress to ammends in the dying days of the war. Like a fireball he was. The fire was gone now, dead like any fire with no fuel. Kyoji sat at a desk now writing a letter.

Quote:
Edgar,
I told your messenger that we would have words when the war was over. Apologies could wait until then. The war is over and there is time to meet again. I will be in the counsel chambers for the next while. I expect their judgement shortly. You may find me there.
Kyoji

Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:00 pm
Stablehand

Calm had finally reached his lands, but with it there was no time to rest. New structures and fortifictions had to be added to the vast tract of land that he gained during the war. Additionally aid and assistance needed to be sent to those in the guild who had lost land and people. Much of the war had taken place in and around their holdings and as such they had suffered heavy damage.

And, of course, one could not forget the civil war that they had been embroiled in when the heathens had attacked. While open hostilites between members of Silence had ceased when the war started, there was still an underlying current of anger and mistrust that had to be worked out.

The letter from Kyoji came as a suprise, even though he was halfway expecting it. It bade him to meet at the council chambers and so, with much trepidation in his heart, he left his bustling kingdom and headed to meet Kyoji.

The journey was uneventful and when he set foot into the shadowy room that was Silence's council chamber he could seen Kyoji standing, head bowed slightly, facing away from him.

Kyoji, please, before you say anything, please accept my apology. I spoke harshly when I should have stayed my tongue.

Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:01 pm
Stablehand

Considering her options for a moment, and with a last look at the now warring council members, she mounted her horse and turned it to follow Soveliss.
"Do not worry about me, M'Lord. I have dealt with hardship many times, though I seem to have come clear of it all right. Lead on and I shall follow."
Coralynn looked up at Soveliss as she spoke, even mounted as she was on her horse she was still several inches shorter than he. As he turned to ride, she followed, her mind now on what faced the guild that she had come to think of as home.

Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:45 am
Stablehand

Kyoji did not hear Edgar come in.He stood at the fire. Staring into the flames. The last time he had stared at these flames they had sparked him to attack his fellows. Now they said nothing. Only pointed. Only laughed.

Quote:
Kyoji, please, before you say anything, please accept my apology. I spoke harshly when I should have stayed my tongue.

Kyoji chuckled. "In my homeland, Edgar, the price for disobediance is dishonour and death. Those who cannot follow orders are shamed and killed to make amends for the stain on their family. Worse yet are the persons who commit crimes so horrid that they are denied the right ot give their lives to save the honour of their children and fathers. Mutiny is a crime of that ilk. Such is the reason I stand before you now. I am Akodo no longer, Edgar. I look for a glorious death so that I may reclaim my families good name. Before you stands Kyoji the Deathseeker. You apologize to me, yet you did nothing wrong. You look out for those under your charge. I wanted war and it almost cost the life of this guild. I got my war and by Foret's grace we survived. Nay, Edgar it is I who should apologize. My vanity cut Silence deeper than any sword could ever have."

Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:53 pm
Stablehand

Isonia and Darden war each other. But between them stands the lands of Silence. So while they fight each other, we have to fend off both Faiths, multimple guilds. Isonia and Darden couldnt quarrel between them since Silence was to big to let them fight between them. Both attacked, both failed.

Seing the the disadvantage that Silence was in the civil war, not enough, they had to intercede. But thanks to them, Silence stands closer than it was before, so we realized the strenth that silence had was to be together, when war was upon us, when the heathens faced us, we stood together to repel their attacks. Im thankful that Sass had my back when holding the attacks of the Isonians. Without her, Id probably wouldnt be here today. Peace was achieved in Silence.

Peace without victory.

What am I saying...

Victory for Silence, for it has found its inner-strenth and lies stronger that it has before.

!~Kitasstrophy~! WeeC

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:50 pm
Lord of War

Discord finally did hit the land's of the king. The king was at his weakest, frantically trying to rebuild his economy, when we heard word that warriors of his own faith were coming to try to take his title from him. Franticaly, Steven ran to the temples to begin the hurricanes and to raise the dead to fight. Sadly, Steven had killed his own armies, and what would protect his title tonight would be Foret and Foret alone. No army could be pulled together in such a short period of time and the challange would be strong and would come swift. Finally after a few hours the undead were risen and they lay in wait in ambush. While the sorcerors were chanting like drones trying to mass the hurricanes to wear down the onslaught of troops coming their way. Finally with great hopes Steven withdrew his sword, the light that omitted from the blade was so bright, the undead were disgruntled but soon they grew use to the light. Then with a quick slash 3 Ingin fell and the sacrifice was made. Steven's day to die would come, but that time is far from now.

Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:24 pm
Stablehand

After listening to Kyoji's words Edger paused and considered his response carefully. Several thoughts lept to mind and were cast back as unworthy. Bit by bit what he hoped were the correct words came to mind. It was with a slow even voice that he responded.

Kyoji you did not disobey. You voiced your opinion. An opinion that was exactly the same as mine yet in the chaos and confusion that had taken over the chamber that day I did not understand what you were saying. Now, when my head is cooler I realize that by not listening to exactly what you were saying I have done you a great disservice. This is what I apologize for.

We both believed that war was what Silence needed. Obviously this was proven true. The heathens came and in our repelling them we grew stronger than we were before. As a group we grew in Foret's service. We are now more than we were before.

You speak of vanity, I call it wisdom. We were of an accord and were both proved correct. There is nothing for you to apologize for. Kyoji I make no claim of understanding your culture as it is foreign to me. What I do understand is that Silence is much stronger with you than without. Additionally you are someone that I would be honored to call friend.

After he finished Edger stood quietly. He hoped that the words that had been so eloquently in his mind were the same to Kyoji's ears.

Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:09 am
Stablehand

Kyoji smiled and relaxed for the first time in months. "I thank you for your understanding Edgar. Chaos often breads misunderstanding. I however still feel that I must atone for my misdoings. An act upon Silence is still an act on Silence. Therefore I ask your permission to leave Silence for a time. I must go and seek death to understand the way of war. And I must do so on my own." Edgar only watched as Kyoji left the chambers. to begin his pilgrimage. A pilgrimage that would start with a missed battle.

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:13 pm
Stablehand

The time of the rebalancing has come and gone leaving only ruin in its wake. Khellendros had only just settled in to a new home when the gods of Tonan took it upon themselves to destroy all in an effort to restore the balance.

I take to the air to search for the lair that Foret always creates for me. I sight a lone rider leaving the realms of Silence. I swoop in lower, throwing my shadow across the rider.

"Hail! Where do you ride in such a hurry? I do not recognize you, throw back your hood so that I will know if you are a friend or foe!" as I settle upon the roadway kicking up a cloud of dust and debris as I flex my wings.

Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:57 pm