It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Quest for an edge (DR/Darden/invite) 
Stablehand

Venorik listen intently as Crysnus spoke nodding his head in agreement. The demon's mind mauled over who he should bring wih him. In the end though he decide to let them choose for themselves. For who was he to volunteer them for a dangerous mission against their will. The demon was ready for action and danger, but he was begining to realise that not all others where like him. He hoped the undead thing would join his ranks for it still interested him greatly and this would be a perfect way to learn more about. He did not hope to greatly though for the thing did not seem to speak much and he doubted it would volunteer itself. The demon walked to the center of those gather his claws scraping across the ground as he moved.

"Who will join me as we head for the west and into parts unknown?"

The demon asked aloud his swirling crimson eyes meeting with all those gathered before was done. He know Max would accompany him for that was without say. However he doubted Crynus had put the hound into his figuring, but either way he had at least one to accompany him. So he wait seeing if any would flock to his call.

Dogs

Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:16 pm
Average

Nether listened calmly to Crynus and Venorik as they spoke. Both spoke words of wisdom and truth and now it was time to decided. With his mind made up Nether began to stretch once more, his wings expanding 5 feet to each side. He slowly rotated his head popping his neck as he warmed up his joints. With a sigh he walked up to the massive demon before him. Large in his own right Nether was dwarfed by Venorik's size, however, this towering pillar of muscle and rage was more like Nether than any of the others. Both shared dark skin and wings and a head of horns. However, Venorik's crimson eyes were in stark contrast with Nether's malignant orbs. With his tail swaying slowly back and forth Nether spoke.

"Venorik. I shall acompany thee. I've yet to explore the western lands, and the North is to damn cold to be bothered with."

Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:36 am
Stablehand

I too would like to travel with Venorik. The purpose being to spread our talents as Crynus had spoken. I would also like invite Innocence to join us. Many a foe would flee before our two demon friends Nether and Venorik. Its the ones that would stay and fight that you'll appreciate having myself and our priestest along.

IF this is agreeable, then let us be off. Our Queen is in need.

Speaking with his mind, Ammon addresses Innocence.
You're thoughts decieve you my new friend. Strength in life or death is dependant on the subject at hand. Though alive i may be, I have felt and parried with death. I have made my decision. Life flows though me and you'ld find it a challenge to extinguish it.

Come our goal is the same. Life and death go hand in hand. Let us join these demons, and test our mettle. There is much we could learn from each other.

ICQ#42606802]

Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:59 pm
Stablehand

The others spoke quickly and the lots were cast, those who would group together and go off to search were anxious, but this would be a difficult and time consuming quest.

"Crynus, I'll go with you, you know I have a thing about heights anyway, better to be deep underground, than high above, plus demons don't fit well in tight spaces"

But who else will go with us? The demon Tal seemed capable enough by himself, maybe if one or two more joined the quest instead of sitting their fat asses at the tavern. Bleah! More killing for the rest of us I suppose. I packed our supplies and as we got underway I took out my axe and began to slowly run the edge across a sharpening stone, not that it needed it. Magic I could do without but the axe help its own magic, since the one that gave it to me was a magician, but that was a very long time ago. I scanned the horizon, red as blood. Bad omen, I thought, as we headd directly into the reddest part. Figures, this one will get messy before its done, and I scant suspect that all those who go on this quest will return in one peice.

"Lets ride, Cry, before we waste too much time piddling around here..."

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:38 am
Stablehand

Venorik grinned as he looked down at the two that would join him. Nether and Ammon, yes these two would do nicely. So it was decided Venorik had never been known for his patiences. He had two to filled the spots of his groups and so he would be off. He looked over at Ammon sniffing at the air as his crimson orbs scanned him. He seemed component enough.

"Nether, Ammon. I welcome your help. Hopefully are mission wont be to dull. I'd hate to miss out on all the action."

Venorik said his crimson eyes glinting at the thought of the chaos the three might cause together. Four if he included Max in the count. He grinned and leaned down giving each of the hound's heads a light pat. He was just about to take off when he looked back at Ammon. hmm... I don't think he can fly. I wonder what we should do about this, he thought. Max could easily keep pace on the ground as he often followed his master like this, but Venorik wasn't so sure about Ammon.

"Ammon, How do you wish to travel? We can walk if you like or I can carry you and we can fly."

Venorik said as he looked down at his guildmate. He stood there waiting for his answer. His tail twitching in excitment behind him at the thought of the adventure that lay before them.

Dogs

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:11 pm
Stablehand

(OOC: My apologies for not posting sooner but I haven't been very well recently.)

The dead woman's head turned slowly, back to the living one, her face as expressionless and cold as it had always been. It was almost as though she was no more than a statue brought to life with no spark of true emotion within. The living Innocence and the dead one bore little resembalance to one another outside of the flesh that they two shared. When she had still been alive Innocence had been little more than a woman-child, niave and devout to her God, trusting that the world was a good place at heart and turning her gaze from the wickedness and evil that plagued it. She had not looked beneath the surface, prefering to keep her gaze to the surface, believing that although Darden was the God of Sorrows He was also the Lord of rebirth and change, healing for the wounds that the world suffered. Rather than seeing Him as a mad God of demons and death the living Innocence had believed that her God had made a great and terrible sacrifice, taking the worst pain upon Himself so that His followers wouldnot have to suffer further.

But now that Innocence was dead she took a different view of the world. She saw it's corruption and decay, saw the darkness rather than the light that often blinded others to the truth. Pain and suffering were now things that she believed that Darden doled out to the living in order to nudge them towards the clarity and purification of death. Darden was no longer the great martyr in her mind but rather the Lord who had gathered the suffering of the world in order to pour it over the living and usher them into death. Surely that was the truth, the mists had often agreed with her upon the matter, pointing out that mortals would often choose to take their own lives rather than deal with pain. It was good that this was so to Innocence's twisted thoughts, it proved that the Lord's will was being done.

Her white eyes with their tiny black pupils fell upon Ammon as she heard his words in her head. Keep out of my mind thought-thief, there was no anger or rage within her voice and still no sign of emotion within her blank eyes. Death comes to all sooner or later, when it is your time you will fall to its grasp as all others do, as I did. But in death you will be cleansed of the infection that is life, remade as the Lord wishes all to be. In death all is made clean and pure, no longer held within the grasp of the disease that threatens this isle. All die eventually, though they may fight it and rage against it they cannot force the grip of the Reaper away from them forever. In the end all comes to death as the Lord wishes it. To Innocence it seemed so simple, so obvious, she was just stating the facts that seemed set before her, though to many those same 'facts' were strange, odd warpings of what was real.

She knew though that what seemed obvious to her did not seem obvious to the living. Even Innocence had to admit to herself that when she had still been alive she would have clung to life as desperately as any other. It was not until her own murder and subsequent ressurection that her eyes had been opened to the truth. Until then she had not seen it, she had not seen how life was an abomination, something to be rid of, a plague that infested the lands and needed to be destroyed. It had taken her own death to see that, to see the living world and the mortal creatures for what they really were.

Her own life had been taken away from her long before her time, she had been barely a woman if the truth was told when her life had been 'cleansed' from her. Other women her age would have been thinking of husbands and children, of a life of their own with a house and friends beside them. But not for Innocence. No she had spurned that life, turning from it to devout herself to her Lord's will, even though she had been so very wrong about what He had wanted of her. She had decided against a life of family and home, believing that Darden had wanted her to follow another path, one with only the simple comfort of bringing His words to the heathen masses. But that had not been what her path in life had in store for her, no her path had led to a watery grave.

She remembered her death very clearly though there was no longer any emotion attached to the memories. Innocence could recall in perfect detail how the man had wrapped his thick meaty hands around her neck, trying to choke the life from her. How he had been enraged by the look in her eyes, driving him to force her head beneath the cold waters of the graveyard's still lake. It was easy to remember how her heart had beat furiously at first and then slowed, each beat a task that it laboured with, each one more difficult to accomplish than the last. Towards the end a darkness had come upon her, like a shroud being laid over her eyes, cutting her off from the world. And then...then there had been only darkness and waiting till the moment when the Lord had revealed His plan for her through one claiming to be His servant. Those moments were all crystal clear in her mind, like flowers perfectly preserved in ice.

Innocence turned her attention back to the rest of the group, holding her hands before her and bowing her head as though she was about to pray. I shall go where I am needed most and offer what skills I have to this quest. What those skills were exactly she did not say, allowing each to guess what abilities a dead priestess might have.

[/center]

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:51 am
Stablehand

The dead woman spoke, and I felt a cold chill enter my bones.

"Alight, we'll take the Deadite with us, she's a bit creepy but maybe we'll drop her off if we find a nice tomb or hole in the ground she likes..."

So Crynus, myself and the creepy one made our way to the mountains in the East. Old and grey, we searched for 2 days to find the damn opening into the tunnels that would lead us to who we wanted to speak. I wasn't really sure I wanted to go back in these places, its been awhile but the last time we got our asses handed to us and I remember alot of men died in a desperate war to free a people that didnt really ever give a damn about being free, and tried to repay us by killing us at damn near every turn. Bah! The drow were merely a shadow of what they once were, pockets of a few here and there, their great cities torn to ash years ago, ruins and dark bones all that anyone ever finds down here.

The tunnel was narrow and dark, bleah, somethings never change. We got to the end of it, after a few hundred yards of tight crouching, it opened up into the main hall, a place I remembered all too well. Funny how time changes things, well that and there were drows and fire and swords coming at me from all directions the last time we were here, that and that damn red light, everywhere, well thats gone, but the stink remains, that and some of the skeletons that havent been picked clean by vermin.

"Cry, this place sucks goblin's toes, you ever sure she's still alive, its been a damn long time since we even saw her and the last time she wasnt doing so hot by any means..."

I turned to Cry and creepy, leaning on my axe, wiping the sweat from my face, eyes always scanning the darkness waiting for something to jump out and try to eat me.

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:38 pm
Stablehand

ooc: hey! I suppose since its my turn I should post so everyone can stop yelling at me on Q. /end ooc

He heard the question it rang hollow and empty in his ears. He knew she was still alive, though it was more than 200 years ago since he had last entered this place, and the last time was in front of an army of thousands, standing with burning sword against the hordes of the Shadow Dragon and its corrupted drow. The passage ways were tight and cramped and we have been here before, just as the first of the driders descended down from the ceiling on silent threads of blackened silk. As they approached Crynus drew his sword, and it began to send a briliant white light into the farthest reaches of the cavern. The driders covered their eyes and made loud clicking noises, large blackened eyes accostomed to total darkness were now blinded by the fierce light.

"We must continue on quickly if we are to reach the city walls before more scouts arrive, if she is not still alive Kae, her predecessor will be and from them we will get the answers that we seek.
Quickly they made their way past the driders, and into the ever widening corridor until they came to the great door of the City of the Drow, the once impressive gate now broken and gap toothed, the portcullis rusted and brent under powerful magic a long time ago. As they approached the gate a host of black feathered arrows outlined the ground around them and white headed drow arches appeared like magic from the rundown parapets. A small group of leather clad warriors came out from the entrance, chipped and broken swords and rusted spears in their hands. behind them, walking with a decided limp, was a being hunched over and decrepit, being guilded by a young female drow with flowing red hair.

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:24 am
Stablehand

"Who is it that disturbs the lands of the mighty Drow? You should count yourself lucky you are not dead already, as my warriors number in the hundreds and their swords and spears thirst for the blood of enemies.

The threats were hollow as her voice, and she knew it. She had but 50 warriors, mostly young children and old men, the line of the Drow had suffered under hard times in the last hundred years, the surface dwellers had become too strong and their raids had begun to attract too much attention, large armies drove forth and entered the caverns, intent on killing any and all drow they could find. It took them years, the drow inflicting heavy losses from their hidden cities, that is until one king of the human city offered up huge sums of gold and asylum to any that could give them information on the Drow. The grey dwarves, indentured servants to the drow, met in secret with the humans and give them all locations to the very fortresses they had helped to build. The attacks on the drow lasted for 50 years and whole cities were slaughtered.

Now only a handful remained, hidden deep in the earth, eeking our a miserable living, merely a shadow of the once proud race. But deep was their memories, and As she lifted her cloak to revel the once vibrant eyes of a young princess of her people their gaze fell upon one that could not possibly be standing before her.

"I have see this face before, many years ago, this face that once saved my people and also condemned them to die. What curse have you brought forth for me now, Hated Crynus of the Eternal Dynasty? What more could you possibly inflict upon my people that you have not done already?"

She knew her warriors had no chance against these three, so she ordered them to stand down and with her and her young assistant, warriors standing back in their parapets but keeping a watchful eye upon these intruders, she beckoned them to follow her and cane in one hand, beautiful young drow holding her other she lead them through the creaking gates and into the city.

Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:14 am
Stablehand

Crynus and the others followed the drow into the once great city of Nezzar Baerum, its walls carved from the very caverns of the great mountains, the tunnels and secret chambers lined its narrow streets so that drow could appear and attack their foes, and then disappear like a bad dream into the darkness. They at least reached the Blood Hall, but as the water dripped through the great fissures and scortched marks of the ceiling and moss grew in the giant holes in the walls, the place had more of a feeling of endless sorrow than the proud, great hall of the Drow. As they sat upon the stone chairs, Crynus turned his gaze upon the old drowess. When he had last seen her, she had been as beautiful as the young maid that assisted her, white flowing hair covered a dark face with piercing yellow eyes, eyes that held in them viciousness and skill, cunning and vile temperment. Indeed the history between them was long and varied, and he could not afford the time to reminesce about it here, although he knew Kaemon at least could remember the great battle here.

bowing slightly before the drow, Crynus told his story of the abduction of their GM, watching the sneering face of the old drow and the startling beauty of the younger one. Somehow the young one looked familiar as well, but he could not have seen her before, she was less than 250 years old, and he had not been in this caverns for less than 3 times that many years. He described the dark whisper and produced in wrapped cloth the finger that Kaemon had severed from its hand. As the old Drow looked at it a hiss escaped her mouth, and with a wave of her hand the finger began to smoke and hiss, disappearing into the air in a small cloud of blackened smoke.

"The answers that you seek, you must look to those lands that are unseeable, you must conquer the lands that are unconquerable, you must fight that war with cannot be won, until you do this, no answers will you find."

The drow turned away, the young maid stood in front of her, short sword drawn, as Crynus and the rest of his party looked around, Drow appeared in every hole and crevice, black bows drawn. They would receive no more help from the Drow Princess, and so they took their leave and made their way back through the city and out into the night's air, where Crynus sent word to the rest of the guild by imp to return from their quests to the lands of DR, they would have a meeting to discuss this new information and as they got their mounts ready he looked to the East, and to the vast white cities that held the entire eastern border under their massive control.

He looked to the lands of Silence.

GM - Righteous Fury

Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:07 pm
Stablehand

The small goblin had been shadowing the group since they left the cavern he was currently excavating and upon hearing talk to travel slid silently behind the group led by the one known as Crynus. Marveled as he was at not having the drow spot him at the entrance to their city, he still slipped behind the group led by the drow still not sure if he should let his presence be known. Whilst glancing around he failed to notice a small rock when compared to a human and walked right into it. He spun and fell and then muttered a curse rather loudly and then cursed again for revealing himself. He sat on the ground and watched the folks he had been shadowing to see what they would do.

oktar nogal Goblin Chieftan
DoW

Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:44 am