It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:09 am

Damning of a Soul (Closed to Tiavain, Risetti and Invite) 
Stablehand

Post Damning of a Soul (Closed to Tiavain, Risetti and Invite)
The council was done, and war was being waged. Never could travel from the warfront back to the city through various means, and he chose to do so many times, during many different wars. This was going to be one of those times. During the meeting he had contact with a new member of Risetti, on whom he had not yet made aquantaince. Anarane. Yes, that was her name, and what secrets did she hide?

He would know soon enough, because Anarane would disclose them, at least, the ones of import. Never Solis allowed members of Risetti free reign, but they would answer to him when he summoned them. That was the Law. Those of the House liked the lack of rules, they could do what they wished, when they wished, but they would not indanger the reputation of Risetti, or cause any strife for the House. Quite simply, though Risetti was one of the largest and most powerful Houses of Tiavain, it was also one of the most free.

But none of that concerned Never Solis. Right now he was cerious about Anarane. Every member of his house had something to hide. This was fine for each other, but the Patriarch was the keeper of secrets, their dark father. Anarane had been summoned.

The Solis estate, the seat of Risetti, was a huge, fenced in portion of the black section of the city. The grounds were desolate, dead. There were a few, scant patrols from human guards. But there was so much more then that on the grounds. One got the feeling the fence and gate was more to keep things in then to keep intruders out. Never waited patiently in one of the various studies. Anarane would come.

Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:11 pm
Stablehand

With the ending of the Council Anarane had returned to her house. There was much to do. Getting the scorers ready to aide in the war. She had been setting at her desk in her humble study when there was a knock on the door. One of the servants slowly opened the door, waiting for her to let her enter. She wondered what it could be. It was not time for a meal and she had not been expecting company. She turned to the door.

What is it, Jessel? Do come in.

The girl came into the room a few feet and stopped. There is a missive for you Mistress. It was hand delivered just a few minutes ago.

She looked at her wondering who would be contacting her. She was new to the House Risetti and really didn't know any of the other members. Bring it girl. I will not bite. She smiled at her. She wished that they were not so afraid of her. She had not done anything since arriving here to cause them fear. She did know why though. They sensed the other part of her. The part she was quickly losing control of.

She took the note and dismissed her. As she heard the door close behind her she looked at the note. She trembled as she saw the mark of Lord Solis upon the page. With shaking hands, she read it. She had been summoned to the Master's house. Her mind flashed back to the Council Chambers. It had been the first time that she had ever seen him. Her mind was racing. He knew, he had seen Farene.

Thinking that it would not be a good idea to keep him waiting, she rose from her desk. She changed into a black blouse that had a small bit of red embroidery on the bodice. It resembled blood red roses. Putting on a simple black skirt. Tying it with a black cord. She had worn a deep blue cloak when she attended the meeting, but now took down her best black cloak. The red lining matched the red in her blouse. She run a comb through her raven hair and let it fall it's full length down her back. Pulling up her hood, she made her way down the stairs and out the door.

The walk to his house was a short one. As she approached the front gate, it was opened for her. Smiled slightly, knowing that she was expected. Walking up to the door, so many thoughts were running through her mind. She could feel Farene stirring as she was let in the door and lead to where Lord Solis awaited her.

Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:45 pm
Stablehand

This thin, black metal gates were opened by two human guards. They knew who was coming. One led the way to the manor house, Anarane in tow. Lady Anarane, please stay close. The grounds are not for wanderin' He said in a hushed tone, following a very specific path, laid in coblestone, to the manor house. Not for wandering, indeed, for Anarane could feel things out there, in the dusk, around the dead Risetti grounds. Not a plant grew, and unseen things moved, the very shadows watching her. Farene could feel the pull as well, there were so much darker, so much more malevelent then a deamon on these grounds. There were several deamons here though, and they made no pretense to hide. Their Lord protected them, but they were confined, to the estate.

The manor house looked deserted, the lights somehow hidden inside. A fellow wrapped in black cloth opened the door, and a faint wiff of something offal wafted past her as the individual passed, staying outside after closing the door. The guard had let her enter alone, and a very pale looking human waited dressed in dark robes, the symbol of Risetti hanging from a long chain, inscribed upon a pendent around his neck. Good evening. I am Ignolis. The Patriarch awaits. Please stay close to me, we shant travel far.

He bowed stiffly, and Anarane could smell magic upon him. An apprentance, but of what? The top of his head was bare, and perhaps it was the light, but Anarane caught a glimpse of small horns hidden in Ignolis's hair. He straightened and turned off into a side corrodor. The entryway was full of different halls, as well as a grand staircase. There were tapistries hung, and paintings, everything that any modern powerful man would have in his home. But the paintings, when examined closely, as well as the tapistries were decidely dark, telling dark tales, and more often then not envisioning dark things and even darker places.

No matter, the trip was indeed short, and Ignolis opened a door into a small study where Never Solis was seated. There was a small table with tea and two glasses, as well as the monsterous form of Bathasar, the Patriarch's huge bodyguard standing a few steps behind his chair. Bathasar covered completely in black, and wore a black mask which he also had a hood pulled over his head. He said nothing, and did not move, very statuesqe.

The room itself was small, large enough for the two chairs, the table, and little else. The room felt cold, but it was not due to the manor's circulation of air. It was due to the man sitting, so calm, sipping tea, the Lord of the manor. He was dressed in simple black robes, a rather large staff laying propped up to the chair. The head was made from an otherworldly skull, and it's eyes glowed with... Something, perhaps, intelligence?

Sit down, and pour youself some tea. Then, tell me, what do you bring to my house, my beautiful follower? His voice was low,not harsh, just unfeeling. There was no emotion to it, and his voice sounded like it came from the deepest, darkest place beyond. There was a malevolence to it, and an intelligence that was perhaps not measureable.

Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:38 pm
Stablehand

Anarane shifted nervously as she entered the room. She didn't know what to expect. The was nothing in his voice to give her any indication. The walk from the front gate to the study had brought her close to giving in to the demon's control. She was not really afraid of him, but there was everything here that Farene liked and wanted to relish in. The darkness that surrounded everything here made the demon stronger. She didn't know how long she could stay in the manor and not give in to it. Lifting her hand to pull the hood back. Her long raven black hair tumbling down her back. Her eyes seemingly shifting from their elven green to the red eyes of the demon and back again, over and over. Not removing the cloak, just opening it. Part of her found the room cold dark and harsh. The other found it somehow warm and inviting. The conflict of the two, she thought, had to be noticeable to one such as the Master.

She looked up at the one that was standing behind the Master of the Manor. She had seen him at the Council. He stood so still that if she had not seen him there should would have sworn that he could not be of the living. That, of course, was completely possible here. There was not even a sign of his chest rising and falling with breath.

Everything about the manor spoke of darkness. From the things she had seen as she was brought here, to the staff that rested on the Master's table. It was as if the eyes of the skull were watching her every move. She could feel her demon's fascination with it.

Nodding slowly to his invitation to have some tea, she sat down at the table. Carefully she poured some, trying not to spill any. Her hands were trembling and she could not bring herself to look directly at Lord Solis. She didn't want him to see the conflict that was going on inside of her.

Farene was pushing to be recognized in this place she found so pleasurable. In her mind Anarane screamed at her to be silent. She felt the demon push harder. The demon knew if it kept pushing that she would soon be able to show herself and speak with the Master of this home of darkness. It was what Farene had wanted since they had become part of the House Risetti. She wanted House Risetti! Shaking her head slightly, trying to push Farene back, Anarane spoke softly.

I humbly thank you for the invitation to visit you here M'Lord. I am not sure what I bring to your house. I was drawn to become a member here by forces I can not explain. All I can say is that I will serve here as is asked of me. I will try to answer any questions that you put before me, to the best of my knowledge. I know that I don't seem to be able to give an answer to you question you have already asked. I.... I.... Her voice trailed off.

She could feel Farene coming closer to taking control. Feeling the familiar change deep inside. The room taking on the reddish haze of her demon's sight. Her mind screaming for it to stop. To leave her handle this. But this place only gave Farene more strength, more power. She was so torn. She wanted to answer his question but she didn't know how. She couldn't seem to be able to find the words. She lowered her head in an attempt to hide her confusion, letting her hair fall across her face.

Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:43 am
Stablehand

Never watched in silence as the elf maiden fought for control of her own body. Control of her own body, yes, that was it. There was another presence inside, one which held the taint of abysmal forces. Indeed, Never could practically taste the deamon; he mastered so many within the confines of dark dealings for his great house.

Come out darkness. You are welcome here. Anarane, do not fear your inner darkness. It is power. Embrace it. Control it. Conflict within one’s self cannot last forever until one side or the other is defeated. And if one side is defeated, the other side is most definitely weakened. That, my lovely lady, just will not do.

I dare say that most of the people of Tiavain have no idea whatsoever about the happenstance in this house. It is elegant, one thing that Millardo, the previous Patriarch was not fond of. But under that elegance there is so much more; Darkness, control, blood, death, and power. Can you not taste it, even in this room? My power is Risetti power, a small bit of which you use when you cast even the most minor cantrip. The Black Monolith is the gate for all power of the evil Houses, but I am the gate from which you will gain in strength. You see, it is not the House that makes the Master, but the Master that makes the House. Do you understand?

I can help either one of you. Which shall it be? The beautiful elven maiden, or the dark one she hides inside? Whomever I help will owe me a great debt, but I will help. You are Risetti, and I already am your Patriarch. Unfortunately, we live in the Shadow of the Black Monolith, and we do not give away anything. That is something everyone learns as they gain power.

In this way you are my student, as all of this House are mine. Most do not come for help, though sometimes there are those who wish it. Many think themselves more powerful and wise then myself, which they can, as long as they do so in private. But the fact remains that I am indeed your teacher and the power you gain is mine. So I lay it out before you, one of you must become dominate, and the other must stay subservient. This fight cannot continue, or you both shall be destroyed. You will gain great power, both of you, if you stop struggling and begin a symbiotic relationship.

The woman had a few moments to think about it. She was a liability as everything stood now. Never did not see that at council, he did not have the time to speak with her and had other matters of import to deal with. Now, he would resolve this issue, for if she went off and lost control his house would look weak, unable to control its members. That would not do at all.

Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:46 am
Stablehand

Anarane listened as he spoke to her and to Farene. She was weakened that was true. She knew that he had invited the demon out there would be no stopping her. Her body shook as the battle for control raged within. He had to see the conflict in her face, the set of her posture. Then, without warning she changed. The way she held herself. Her back straightened, head rising and held high. There was no change in her eyes now. The remained a swirling pool of red. The color of her skin deepened to a blue hue. Then an arrogant smile touched her lips. This one had no fear of looking up into his eyes.

Ahhhhh! Greetings Lord Solis. I thank you for the welcome that you extended to me. It was all that I needed for the elven wench to forfeit control. From the time we entered the Manor grounds I felt at home. I have not felt this pleasure in many years. For this, I thank you.

She watched him carefully, for in this world there were none that she has trusted. The darkness in the surroundings feed her, strengthened her. She knew that this was what she wanted, needed to exist. The surge of power she felt was wondrous to her. This was the power she wanted to control. To one day rule. She saw that he was watching and moved such thoughts to the back reaches of her mind. This was not the time to display her eagerness.

Forgive me M'Lord. I am know as Farene of Mardeldon. It has been many years since I have felt and tasted the power that rests within these walls. To many years! It was through a blunder and perhaps a bit of arrogance that I reside where I do now. This foolish elf called me forth with magics she did not understand how to control. I thought it a chance to gain a body and to roam this land again. She realize what I was doing and what I was about to take from her and shielded the one thing that I needed to have her. She shielded her soul. Every day I fight to have it but alas, she will not let go of her way of life and her soul. She even sought help from another. She wants to destroy the part of her that is me. I can not, I will not let that happen. I have waited long for this and I will continue to wage against her to have it.

She just looked at him and went silent. She was in control now and with the power that was here she could stay in control. At last she thought that she could destroy the elf and be rid of her once and for all. Thinking to herself that a symbiotic relationship was not at all what she wanted. She wanted it all. She did not know if he saw her greet and hunger for power and ownership of the body. She did know what she wanted and she was going to fight to have it.

Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:14 pm
Stablehand

So, the deamon thought itself strong. Aye, that could be plainly seen and heard in the tone of slight bemusement, perhaps even disdain for the Patriarch? That would not do, no, it would not.

Unfortunately you sould not have given me your name? Did you not know that for your kind, the power of the name is the main way we gain control of you? We, as in me, as in Risetti. Due change your tone... I am the master of this house and all Deamons within my city.

Never smiled slightly, and then made a gesture toward Farene, muttering something unintelligable. PAIN. That was the only thing that the body of Anarane would feel, and in turn, Farene, for the pain was in the mind of the individual, not the body, though it was acute to body pain.

There would be no question as to who was the master here. Now, you may, in fact, think yourself in control. That is not the case. The question you should ask yourself, through the haze of pain, of course, is who shall be in control of this body? Regardless, either will serve me. Who will I give my favors?

Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:39 pm
Stablehand

The scream that escaped her lips was shrill and piercing. The pain nearly unbearable. Her hand clawing out in the air trying to destroy what held her such. She could find no relief. Her red eyes flashing as she looked up at the Master. Almost a pleading look to them, for the pain to stop. She tired to rise from her chair, but instead ended up on her knees, cowering before him. She tried to rise again, she did not want to see her as weak. It seemed the more she struggled to get up the harder it became. She slowly but most definitely came to realize that she could not fight his power. Her voice rasping as she tried to speak.

Stop!! The pain!! Master please. She could feel her strength waning. She pulled herself to her knees and bowed before him. You are Master, You are Risetti. I will serve you and learn at your feet.

She has been to brazen, she could see that now. She would keep herself quiet for now. She would learn and then. Then she would... She though for a moment, just what would she do? She thoughts seemed to be confused, her goal lost.

Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:41 pm
Stablehand

Never watched her wither in pain at his feet. He reached over her prostrated body to pick up his cup of tea. He took a slow drink, then placed it back onto the table. With a wave of his hand the pain ceased.

You want to be in control? The maiden has magic at her desposal, moreso then I think you can grasp yet. Do you not understand that she called you into her? You could not possess her alone. She invited you.

Never paused, stroking his staff for a moment. He looked at the door, and Bathasar left, an unspoken signal having been given. But I am not unfeeling. I want you to know that I could rip you from the maiden's body. I have done so many times, and could do it to you. But you amuse me. I like the control you exert and the games you play with my young fledgling. Continue with your games, but I think I have a better solution.

The hulking bodyguard returned with a small chest in his hands. he opened the small chest. Never took out a pendent, and muttered a few words over it. It was a black pendent which glowed lightly, a red color. The taint of the pendent premeted the room. Engraved upon the serface was the symbol of house Risetti, a mishapen skull gripped by a deamon claw. What ever he had said had activated the magic of the talisman.

Here is your solution, at least, for the time being. If you put this on, you will be in control throughout the night. During the day the maiden will be in control. You both will have knowledge of what the other has done during your time away. It is a simplistic fix, but one which should suit you both, and allow me to be at ease with you running around my city.

Never held the pendent aloft, ready to place it around Anarane's neck. Now you will be given more then you have now. There will be no fights, there will be no rapid changes. A clear cut deal. Do you want it, or shall you continue with this wasteful fight?

Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:54 pm
Stablehand

She looked up at him as he took the pain from her. His words echoing in her ears. It was true that Anarane did cast the spell that brought her here. Could he be right that she knows of magics that Farene could not understand? She was beginning to feel her strength returning. Watching as the other in the room left.

She could not believe what he was saying. That he could take her from this body if he saw fit. He... but he was saying that he didn't want to do that. That she amused him? This ignited a spark in her. She was not sure what the spark meant. He liked what I did to Anarane. He liked the way she taunted her. She was confused, he said he had a better solution.

Just then the man returned carrying a chest. She watched as Lord Solis pulled a pendent from the box. He said something she could not hear. Then she saw it glow red. She could feel something that tasted good to her. For a moment her eyes brighten at it's taste. Seeing the symbol of Risetti engraved upon it. She listened once again to what the Master said to her.

Once again bowing her head, she spoke softly and respectfully this time. M'Lord, Master of the House Risetti, I am honored to accept your proposal. To know that the night shall be mine, is more then what I had. Please forgive one as ignorant as this one.

She waits quietly on her knees for his choice. To place the pendent on her or even to destroy her. Her fate, at least for now, was in his hands.

Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:22 pm
Stablehand

Never placed the pendant around her neck. The effects were immediate as the power surged, and Farane was in total control. She could feel no struggling, only a calm. Anarane was safely tucked away, but she was still there, watching everything that occured.

The only catch is that only I can remove it. You are both free of each other. You both have your own lives, and you do not struggle any longer. Am I not Merciful?

Never Sat back, awaiting a response from the now deamon in control. They now owed him a great debt, one which cannot be repaid easily. Now he had two servants, a light servant and a dark one. The pendant would allow him to exert a small bit of control, but the maiden and deamon were their own persons. New members indeed, at peace.

Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:42 am
Stablehand

Farene felt the surge of power as Lord Solis place the pendent around her neck. For a moment she gloried in the first true peace she had felt in many decades. For the first time she did not feel the constant tug of Anarane trying to take control back. Then she heard his words.

What kind of trick had he pulled one her. He is the only one that can remove the pendent! We are free of each other but not free of his control. This stirred anger in her. Her eyes flashed when she realized what he had done. Merciful indeed! What was the cost of this freedom he had given them? She took a deep breath. Knowing that she could not risk angering him now. She had no idea what he could do to her now that she wore the pendent. Lashing out at him now or showing disrespect could cost more dearly then she knew.

She lifted herself from the floor and stood beside the table. Her legs were still a bit shaky, but she could feel all the flavors of the darkness surrounding her. Even with her anger, she had to admit she was enjoying all of it. There were things here reaching out to her. She felt like there were many hands touching her. It seemed to calm her. Her eyes fluttered a bit and her body straightened. She, softly under her breath, chanted a ward around her thoughts. She didn't know whether he had been listening to them or not.

What exactly does it mean that only you can remove the pendent? You have indeed shown me mercy M'Lord, but at what cost?

Maybe her questions were to bold, but she wanted the answer. Shaking her head. questions she should have asked before she said yes. Not feeling Anarane now but she had a feeling that she was not going to be very happy with this turn of events.

Death in Effect

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:06 am
Stablehand

My dear deamoness, there is always a price. You have not yet paid the price for my assistance. I am simply covering all avenues to make sure you stick to the bargin. You have the night and peace, and the maiden has the day, as well as peace. I cannot have you haphazardly removing the bargain anytime you wish, or have the maiden do the same. It is the safest course.

Never sat back in the chair, stroking his black staff. If you are concerned of my interference, do not worry yourself. What you and the maiden do is your business. It becomes my business when you degrade my house. If I wanted to control you, I would rip you from the body that you now enjoy in its fullness, due to me, and put you in a jar. You can still speak with each other, you simply must make an effort, whist you are in control. Do not question my gifts, for they are rare indeed. I have granted you a great boon, do not forget that.

The Patriarch smiled a very feelingless smile. He gestured to the room around him. You can feel my power. Do not mistake my mercy for some way to gain the upper hand in my dealings with you. Do you not understand that I am already in control, and have been since you entered my manor? I have done you a service, and I expect loyalty for that service and my protection. You are Risetti. Once you joined this House you were mine. I do not need bindings and incantations to make that so. We have few laws in this House, but our most important Law is that my word is Law, and you may never leave this House once you join. All members will seek you out and give you a fate far worse then death if you disgrace us in such a way.

But never fear. I do not see that happening. Further your own power, by all means. As you gain power Risetti grows in strength. Just do not do so if it causes strife for Risetti. You are your own person, yet you are part of a greater whole. You are this House, you are Risetti.

Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:58 pm
Stablehand

Farene's hand moved to the pendant hanging around her neck. There was a feel of it that she liked but didn't quite understand. Had she not been so engrossed with being in control, she would have realized that there would be a price for her freedom as it where. She looked up at Lord Solis. She stretched her ... their body. It did feel good not to have the constant battle going on inside. So making the pendant such that it could not be removed by naught but him, she felt that he did not trust her to hold to the bargain.

She watched as his hand moved over the staff. She wondered what the power was that it held. She was both fascinated and drawn to it. She was listening to his words but her mind was on the staff. She had a yearning to reach out and touch it. Of course, she knew better then to touch the possession of another. Especially something that was obviously of power. Her eyes slowly moved from the staff and they traveled up to his face. Did she detect a distant look or was it just an illusion? The longer she sat with him the more she wanted to know, to learn of him, of his house. What lessons could he teach her? With the awakening of her soul to the freedom of the night, she hungered to learn. To learn from the Master of the House she was to serve. Even his remark of ripping her from this body and putting her in a jar if he wished, stirred something in her. As she allowed herself to accept the gift he had given her, so much more seemed to open to her.

As he smiled and gestured around the room, she smiled back. It was no longer a smile of arrogance, but of understanding. Farene could feel his power. Yes Lord Solis, I feel your power. I know now that there is no need to challenge you. I accept you as the Master of House Risetti and as such as my Master. My hope is to learn from you and bring honor to Risetti.

He saw something in her that she didn't even see in herself. The believed in her. Since she had been brought into this body she had not been made feel she was worth anything. Now she had reason to walk with pride. Maybe he know her better then she knew herself. She had found a home. She was Risetti!

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:28 pm
Stablehand

Good. Perhaps the deamon and the maiden would find peace with one another and get down to the business of Tiavain, consolidating power and making themselves more powerful, and in turn, making Risetti more powerful. Never was not a fool, he knew that this was only a temperary reprieve for these two, but perhaps enough time to make them adjust and see that their petty squabble over a mere body was small in compairison to the concerns they should share, together, about their own well being. The White houses would devourer them if they knew such a weakness existed for this shattered and newly reformed being.

Now, if there is nothing else, any questions or concerns, I believe you have much to expirence. I am here if there is any thing you need assistance with, but let me caution you, or, more appoaprately, caution Anarane, who can indeed hear me. Do not trust the White Houses, especially with your secret. They do not understand the power that you can harness with such an agreement and binding together of two beings. They will seek to destroy Farane and in turn, you will be destroyed or severely weakened, perminately.

Together you must make the best use of your skills and further your own ambitions. Think of the possibilities. You have two minds where most have only one. Not only two minds, but two different ways to appoarch problems. It is simply wasted energy to fight amongst yourselves, combine your efforts and grow strong. Risetti cannot afford to lose members squabblings amongst themselves, or even within themselves.
Never paused, a faint smile creasing his face.

You are Risetti. You are proud, and you are strong. You need no one, you are an army and a force upon yourself. Go now, and enjoy the gift you've been given. Simply remember our Law. Do what you will, but do not bring attention to your actions...

Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:27 pm
Stablehand

Farene, and Anarane, Listened carefully to his words. It was something certainly for them to think about. If they worked together, there could be a lot they could accomplish. It would be great not to have to worry about Anarane countering her every move. When they returned home they would need to work things out among themselves. A small smile touched her lips, then quickly faded to concern. Farene thought for a few seconds and remember her meeting with one called Kain. Once again she turned to Lord Solis.

Lord Solis, there may be on small problem. She knew that he was not going to be pleased about this. Anarane has already revealed her secret to one of the House Nim'Ostas. He bares, on the back of his hand, the mark of my anger. His name is Kain.

She was not sure how he would react to the bit of information, but she knew that he had to be told. This man was a danger to her existence. She had felt the power of the sword he bore. She did not fear the man, but the sword was a danger. This Kain had already offered his services to Anarane, to help her rid herself of me. This bothered Farene. Would the pendant she wore protect her from him. She looked up at Lord Solis. She could not read the expression on his face. She waited for his response.

Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:05 pm
Stablehand

Never listened as the deamon told him about Anarame's indescretion. It was a small matter, a small matter indeed. You are Risetti. Kain cannot hurt you without causing a war between the Houses. If he tries, he will be forfitting his life. That is the way of things in this city. Some may not like Dark creatures, but they are tolerated because of me, because of House Risetti.

Do not worry yourself. If the warrior tries to do anything rash, he will be delt with by the justice of the council. I would suggest, however, that you speak with Anarane. If you are going to battle each other now, then perhaps I should simply solve your problem for you and seperate you. I do not wish that, however. You both have much potential together. You will become powerful, given time.

Never reached for his tea again, taking a small drink. He did not pity Anarane, he simply wished her to further Risetti goals. She would if she were whole, Anarane and Farane, together. But as a fractured person, he would be content ending her existance, for she became a danger to herself and especially Risetti. Not for its downfall, but for its emberessment.

Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:24 pm
Stablehand

Farene considered his words. She was not as sure about Kain not being a problem as he was. She had felt the power that emanated from the sword. She had never been afraid before, but that sword had struck fear in her. She searched his face as he offered to separate them. She could not see any anger or pleasure in what he said. Farene had finally the chance to live, she didn't want to lose that.

I will speak with her. Hopefully she will come to understand. It is not the man that I fear Master. He is just a man. It is the sword that he carries. It emanates a power of light that is a danger not just to me but to all of our kind. It may be that he would have to face the council if he did anything to me, but I know not how much he feels the need to defend and free her. M'Lord, I do not want to lose the freedom that you have granted me. The chance you have given me to live.

She could not hide the worry and fear in her eyes and expression. She tried to hide it by sitting straight. She lowered eyes slightly, focusing them on the staff. It seemed to help to center her thoughts. What was she going to do if this man did come after her?

Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:54 pm
Stablehand

Never smiled, reaching down and touching the deamoness's chin. Do not worry. Stay away from Kain. If he bothers you, tell him that you are under the express protection of the Patriarch of Risetti. If he thinks better of that, I am always available, though one of his standing would need an invitation.

He sighed, sitting back in his chair. What your everyday fool, such as Kain, does not realize is that good is not stronger then evil. Good does not always triumph. His sword can do what I can do with a word. Other deamons in my employ carry weapons that can vanquish deamons and those creatures of good. There is no one cure all for the opposition. He cannot directly attack a member of another House, not in this city. Rest assured of that.

Now, cease your worrying. Do not go to the problem, and you will not have to worry. Enjoy your freedom.
Never removed his hand, placing it back onto his staff, which pulsated at its master touch.

Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:10 pm
Stablehand

When he had reached out and touched her chin, it was like an energy flowed into her. She could not explain what she felt. Farene listened to him like a child listening to her father. Though his voice carried no inflections, no emotion, she hung on every word. It was like she wanted him to keep talking, so that she could stay here. She felt like it was where she belonged. If she could stay here forever she would. She knew though, that she would not be able to. Anarane had her own house and needed to be there to run it. She wanted to learn, most of all she wanted to learn from him.

She watch as he drew his hand back and placed it on the staff. The desire to touch it was strong, but not stronger then her respect for the man before her. She looked up at him again.

Master, may I ask you a couple questions? I mean there are a few things I would like to know. I am just not sure that I should ask them. They may be questions that are none of my business to have the answers too. I know that I am no one special in this house. Master, in the time that I have spend here, I have come to look at you as......

She stopped before she said more then maybe he wanted to hear. The feelings Farene was having were so new to her. So long locked away inside the Elf. There was so much she wanted to learn, so much she wanted to know. She hoped that she was not over staying her welcome.

Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:04 pm
Stablehand

If a question is none of your concern, I will inform you of so. If you do, in fact, wish a bit of knowledge, perhaps I may enlighten you. That remains in the answer of the question. Sometimes my answers may not please you, but they will be answers nonetheless.

This deamoness did seem quite eager. It did not surprise Never, for his house, and more directly, he himself, reverbrated with power of the darker sort. Any deamon would feel powerful here, away from the city wards, on Risetti territory, in the House of its Patriarch. In fact, many deamons did gain power around Lord Solis, simply due to the bit of power that leaks from every powerful Istari.

But that was no matter to the Patriarch, he did not fear the deamoness. To him, she was a lost child. A dangerous child, as all beings were dangerous, but less dangerous to him then to any other. He was the Master Deamonologist, the Cheif Necromancer of the city. His knowledge and power extended far beyond the Abyss, and far into the realm of death. Let the deamoness have her questions, for she was Risetti.

Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:49 pm
Stablehand

Farene nodded slowly. So many things going through her mind. Her eyes were locked back on the staff. She wanted to know about it. She was afraid that he would not tell her about that, but she had to ask.

Master, I am drawn to the staff that you hold and I do not know why. Why does it draw my attention so? How was it that it seems calm me? Because of my respect of you Master, I do not reach out and touch it. But Master it is taking all my control not to.

She moved back as far as she could in her chair. She didn't know what his reaction was going to be. She did respect him there was not doubt about that. She was also afraid of him. She was sure that she didn't need to fear him as much as she did, but she could not help herself.

Also Master, I would like to know what is my best course of study. What magic spells would be best for me to learn? You said that Anarane has more power then I know. Perhaps I to can use this power to learn?

She could not seem to get comfortable in the chair. She managed to keep her head high, but she could not take her eyes off the staff.

Death in Effect

Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:06 pm
Stablehand

This staff? It is an item I hold close, and has begun to become associated with the House itself. Sufficent to say that when somone endears himself to an item, that item gains power, and if that person is powerful and conciously gives the item power, well, it is easy to see why you may be attracted to it as it holds some of my own essence.

A question about power. How very amusing, being inside someone, yet cut off from her natural gifts. Yes, these two had much to learn together.

If you had not guessed Anarane has a gift for the infernal arts, no doubt one of the ways she summoned you. But you being a deamon, I do not reccommend you delve into that area, for then you both might get ideas about doing away with the other. One area which I do not think you, or even Anarane herself can see, is that she has an inkling to be dealing with the dead. You may have drawn her to Risetti, but she herself has brought her interests, perhaps interests that both revolt and secretly excite her, but interests nonetheless, with her into this House.

My suggestion? Delve deeply into Necromancy. The white Houses abhorr it, and do not understand it. They find it revolting, and know little about the craft. This serves us in the end, for the less they know, the less they can do.

Never reached for the tea again. He poured himself another glass, and picked up his cup. It was very good tea, imported. Ah, the simple pleasures...

Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:05 am
Stablehand

Farene was fascinated as he told her about the staff. It gained power from it's owner. That she found interesting. But she didn't have anything like that. She was not even sure she had any power to put into anything let alone use.

I was a mere child of a demon when I was been taken into the Elf. True I had been wandering alone for many years when it happened. I have no idea who my parents were. I have no family that I knew of. Nothing to connect me to the past. I don't even remember why I was there when the girl did the spell. I don't know if she called me from the Abyss or if I was on the astral plain. Memories before becoming part of her do not seem to exist.

Master, where would you suggest I find information on Necromancy. I know that you are a busy man and won't have time to teach me. Who would I seek out to learn from?

You have seen more of me, and have learned more of me then anyone. You seemed to know me from the moment you called me forth. You knew my thoughts, though you did not voice them directly. You knew my desires. You seem to know what I need. It is like you can see inside my very soul and being.

She looked up at him, her eyes filled with wonder. Since he freed her from the torment of Anarane, she hungered for knowledge, to learn of herself, and even more so for power. Not power as she had thought she wanted. The power to be and exist. She though of the things he said of Anarane. Her power lays in a different direction then mine. I did understand what he meant when he said that he didn't think Anarane knew or understood her arts. Hopefully she will not fight what she is.

Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:08 pm
Stablehand

Much goes by and much is done. Much is heard and much is said. Interesting thought isn't it. Tanarri was caught in a dull moment where all he could do was think of a few nonsense thoughts. His day off from his duties and he spends it like this at home. During the day he couldn't very well go see his son in the open like so unless making something look official in some compacity. Then again he couldn't do it everyday either. Tarrant himself would get suspicious if he didn't have a piece of mind already. The boy emitted his essence but then it doesn't mean everyone could feel it.

Tanarri saw Sophia go by, his personal maid that was allowed into his room only besides Tredron. He waved her over when she looked to see what he was doing. She had some folded sheets it looked like in her hands.

What can I do for you sir?

How about having a seat and playing me in chess.

Ohh no sir, I've much to do for the day, I co..

Sit now, that's an order. You play ok. I'm bored and I dont feel like sitting around by myself anymore. You ever play chess before?

Sophia was a bit stunned to drop what she was doing and play. She felt a bit awkward but then she knew Tanarri for some time. He been like a friendly leader then a strict lord of the house to say. He ate with them for dinner and there was nothing formal about that. As she sat down he had the board ready.

Well I do play chess now and then.

Good good....I'll let you make the first move.

She aggressively opened up with the knights on both ends. He thought to himself she was either setting something up or too hasty. Tanarri worked to make a strong hold on one side of the board to protect his King so he wouldn't have to worry about it later. She took this time to press her pieces in the middle. Didn't leave too much room to manuever his Queen. This was going to be an interesting game.

Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:48 pm