It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:46 am

Tavern of Faith [Elementum ab Fides / all] 
Stablehand

Post Tavern of Faith [Elementum ab Fides / all]
[OOC]This tavern is frequented my members of Elementum ab Fides, and thus will be full of those of the Foret faith. If you are not of the Foret faith I would watch yourself.[/OOC]

Having been given a task by Megrim del Toro, Elavano Torrino wanted to ensure that it was done... and done quickly and well. Elavano had seen many times over the decades that he had worked for Megrim what happened to those that did not please his Lord. In fact, Elavano was the only person that had worked for Megrim whose service had not been ... terminated ... after some displeasure to Megrim. Elavano took great pride in his having pleased Megrim for so many decades through competent service. In fact he had heard grumblings of other Fides' Lords that were jealous of the service that Megrim had gotten from Elavano, his castillion.

But at this time, Elavano was overseeing the rebuilding of the Tavern of Faith that the lords of Elementum ab Fides commonly haunted. Having conscripted men from the area, the construction had already begun and was underway. Other than a few minutae, everything was going surprisingly smoothly. Elavano hoped to have everything completed in two months' time... one month before Megrim had told him to make certain the tavern was ready.

**** Two months later ****

Having overseen the finishing of the Tavern of Faith, and completed it ahead of schedule, Elavano was quite proud. Hopefully Megrim and to a much lesser extent, the other lords of Fides would approve.

Quote:
Lords of Elementum ab Fides,
I would like to welcome you to the re-opening of the Tavern of Faith. The tavern has been rebuilt after it's destruction at the behest of Megrim del Toro and is ready to serve you again!

Last edited by Elavano Torrino on Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:18 pm
Stablehand

It had been a long time since he was able to sit down and relax with a drink. The constents wars had keep him busy and away from the other lords. If not for the council meeting he doubted he would have even seen them at all. He let his head drop back and relaxed in his chair. He thought to himself wondering when the next council meeting would be and wondered if any new faces would show, like everytime before. There were always new faces coming and going.

So many faces...

He stood up and shook his head. Grabbing his over coat from it's rack, he opened the door from his room and headed down the stairs. Passing servents as he went, but barely paying them any attention. He was out the front door and walking down the street before he knew it.

He had heard that Lord Megrim del Toro, had decited to rebuild the Tavern of Faith. He was going to check out it's progress since Elavano Torrino was the one handed the task. He knew Elavano was good man and did his work with great care and pride. He wished that there were more men like him.

Reach the spot of the old ruins of the Tarven he was delightfuly suprised with what he saw. Not only was the Tavern rebuilt, but it was also open and ready for business. He thought for a minute of how long it would have taken to rebuild since the time of the orders for it's rebirth. It was ahead of his predicted schedule. With that a grin washed over his face.

He's better then I thought

Pushing the doors open he walked inside and took a long look around. Still grinning at the sight before him, he walked up to the bar and took a seat. He was the only one here so far except for a few bar maids, the bartender and Elavano. He smiled at the younger man and nodded his approval of the tavern.

Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:24 am
Stablehand

The war that had ravaged his lands a week ago still burned in the back of his mind, the anger at being so easily defeated festering like a malignant tumor. He had been unprepared, his pack not yet fully grown, and they had been slaughtered like babes. Thankfully the queens had survived, and now more and more reaver pups were being birthed every day, a veritable horde of demonic hounds forming within his kennels. Grinning maliciously, the reaver lord watched as a pair of the beasts grappled and snarled at each other, a plume of blood rising from the throat of the smaller as razor fangs struck their mark. Kiven’s tongue slid across canine lips, the look in his eyes an odd mixture of human glee and bestial hunger.

Shaking his head violently as if to dislodge the thoughts of joining the fray, the captain forced his human intellect to analyze the situation. He had been allowing the beast to remain in control since the original transformation, running purely on instinct, and only allowing the human thought when absolutely necessary. Although that was acceptable during war, it didn’t lend itself to a productive life outside of battle. By the bowl, I need a drink.

~~~

With a clawed hand Kiven pushed open the door to the Tavern of Faith, the light from within washing over him in a sudden rush. He had spent the day mentally coaxing his body to shift from the feral reaver into something closer to his natural form. He had succeeded, partially, though the effort had left him exhausted. His features were more or less human, the ichor-green eyes and protruding fangs being all that remained of his demonic form. His complexion was oily and black, and both his hands and his feet were adorned with vicious claws. It was, in short, not a perfect transformation, but it was the best he could accomplish.

Noticing only one other patron in the tavern, Kiven sat down at the opposite end of the bar, where he could watch the man without his startling appearance drawing any attention. He nodded at the bartender as the man approached, fetch me a Wolfe ale, his voice guttural and distinctly inhuman. So much for remaining discreet.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:48 pm
Stablehand

Ragnarok was thirsty for a drink and set out foir a tavern. He had heard of the Tavern of Faith, so he decided he would go there.

When he arrived the sun had started to set, the thought of his kingdom staning idle while he was out worried him but he decided he would rather drink and make a few friends than fret about his kingdom.

He opened the door and noticed a few patrons sitting. He was a large guy and as always felt like he stuck out like a chartruese disk on a puddle of mud, but he didn't care. He walked over to the bar

Bartender, can i get a drink? Prefebly some cactus juice if ya have it, if not an ale.

he took the ale from the counter and walked over to a table to drink

Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:21 pm
Stablehand

Lyonelle enters the establishment and greets his fellow allies. He finds some old friends and begins to make conversation regarding the victorious battles of late.

Lyonelle helps himself to some ale and relaxes with his friends. I'd like to make a toast... "I'm proud to ride along side the men that make up Elementum Ab Fides. And through Darden, am thankful we have created such a union from each walk of man, through each of our races to conqueror the false believers. Praise Darden!"

Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:58 pm
Stablehand

Walking through the tavern joe notices many new faces to him. Not that they hadn't always been there , just new to find in the same field of battle as it were.
A long look around tells him all he needed to know, thats why we win, make since now.

After a long walk around joe finds a table with his back to the wall and full view of the festive entertainment and quickly orders another pint.

Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:28 pm
Stablehand

He had been waiting a long time for new arrivals to start coming. When he had first arrived he thought the plave would be more popular, but he guessed the word hadn't spread that wide yet. He looked on to the new comers and read them each. Turning back to his mug he took a long drink finishing it's contents.

How are everyone liking the place so far? Is it roomie enough.

He said with a grin and he looked each over again.

Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:28 pm
Stablehand

As He sits and ponders on the long peace that has been awarded to him, Joe knows That only increases the storm to come. It has been pleasant to sit and grow but that time is soon to end.

"Another ale here !" but of course, lets not run to the battle but plan out our adventure with a sober mind and body. With this in mind, about 48 hours should get me to that point... joe smiles at his own mocking of himself and returns to hiis thoughts of the day and his friends that are yet to come and those that are gone.

Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:54 pm
Stablehand

He had been gone for many moons. He had a calling that drew him away from his family. Upon his return he found his kingdom in ruins, which he fully expected, and his family gone.

He searched high and low for his family and was informed that they had decided to change alegances. They followed the Bastard god Foret. Dejected he now roams the land looking for a new home.

He sent his most trusted servent to track down his old family to find out why...

Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:49 pm
Stablehand

... he lead his men towards a new era... Darden is no longer in his favour...
after several hours wondering... one of his servant kneel before him...

'What news you have for me, my servant.', Marewah asked.

'I scouted the area, and found a nice building. It's look like it is a tavern my Lord.', he replied.

'Tavern of Faith. That's the name they call the tavern.', he added.

'Then, let our men rest and have a drink in the tavern.', Marewah give his order.

Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:26 pm
Stablehand

Well, The ale is flowing and the tales of valor long. although the war took its toll Our villages still stand with hope and promise.
After purchasing a few barrels for the keep and men joe sits to rest his bones once more with his friends.
With coal and skins joe scratches out the plans for the additions to his lands. perhaps a slightly different approuch this time. But how much time will I be aloted to complete my goals? Most likely not enough, The circle of battle go's for yet another revelution.

Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:49 pm
Stablehand

Having just awaken from a long slumber in the dark void of oblivion, Chan Ho Nam smiled at the progress being made in the rebuilding of his kingdom. From his position high up in his silver tower, he can see, far in the horizon, a small building unlike any other. Feeling intrigued, he summoned his sorceress, Elhazar.

"What is my bidding, my Master", the sultry temptress asked.

"There is a place that has grabbed my interest. You know the place that I speak of.", Chan Ho Nam answered. "Teleport me there."

"Very well. Your wish is mine to follow," she said, and without any warning, Chan Ho Nam has vanished from the throne room.

Chan Ho Nam then found himself just outside the building. "Tavern of Faith" is the sign on the door. After hesitating for a few seconds, he opened the door and stepped into the tavern.

Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:26 pm
Stablehand

Right after opening the door, Chan Ho Nam felt something. The thought of an ally from a long time ago suddenly filled his mind. He tried to focus on the thought, but to no avail as it vanished as soon as he took his next step. Still with a puzzled look on his face, Chan Ho Nam quickly and quietly made his way through the room, and to an empty table by a dark corner of the tavern.

Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:05 am
Stablehand

as he is traveling the long path to his kingdom,he notices the day starting to fade away and the night approach.as he is looking for a place to rest and eat,he sees a tavern or inn of some sort.with his choices being limited,he decides to take a closer look at the place to see if it is a safe place to stay.as he gets closer he sees the banner of the foret faith.he thinks it is safe and decides to go in.

he walks throught the doors to see many people eating and conversing among themselves.it is the same that he usually sees when staying at a unknown tavern.some of the people look at him with hollow stares,as they wonder where he comes from.he just keeps walking and goes on over to the bar area."bartender can i get a drink,something strong please".as he is sitting,the man next to him taps him on his shoulder and asks where he comes from."i am a member of the Reavers,i am sure you have heard of us,i hope you do not mind me staying for awhile".the man next to him doesnt mind and goes back to his business.

as his drink finally came,he decides to go and look for a table to sit.most of the tables were already occupied,untill he saw an empty one near the corner where he likes to sit.he took of his gear and put it against the wall where he could see it.he pulls out a message that came to him earlier and begins to read it again.as he is reading,a woman with long flowing blonde hair comes up to him and asks if she may sit with him.knowing never to turn a lady away,he pulls out a chair and sits her down.they then begin to talk as they awaited their food.

Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:06 am
Stablehand

Tired after a long day's journey, Amalric looked for a place to quench hiw thirst, and relax. Rounding the corner, the Tavern of Faith caught his eye. Amalric smiled, he had heard of the tavern, and the chaos it contained. The thought of a little more adventure before the night's end was a pleasant one.

Amalric opened the door and stepped inside. Grinning at the rowdiness within he pushed his way to the bar, and removed the chair from underneath a passed out patron. Ignoring the resulting thud, he signaled to the bartender for an ale.

Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:27 pm
Stablehand

Shortly after recieving his ale, Amalric started mingling with the other patrons. A few famliar faces popped up every once in a while, but not as many as he was hoping for. Amalric realized people didn't always frequent these establishments, but wished his fellows would more often. The thoughts of his friends slowly fading into memories concerned him.

He understood it was often that they didn't have time. He had to make them realize if they didn't start making time, they would slowly fade into non-existance.

After finishing his ale, he glumly stood up. He headed back out into the night, seeking his friends, in the hopes of getting some more people for his next visit to the tavern.

Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:42 pm
Stablehand

Time to gather the men back around to settle new lands after the recent cleansing had taken longer than she'd expected. Those that had begun to settle lands too far to the west were finally able to move their families and belongings after a week's time, yet there still others whom she had yet to even hear from. There was more than cause for concern, for it seemed some of the Faithful had been swallowed up by the Darkness of the cleansing, they still had not surfaced.

Maenas decided a trip out to the Tavern was in order. Perhaps she might find those 'missing' had simply drunk themselves into a stupor an' taken up residence in the tavern. She could hope at any rate.

Leaving her own city behind, she walked in the moonlit night. With her city gates not far behind, Maenas knelt down beside the well-worn path, spreading her hands out on the cool earth. The leaves of her skin fluttered softly in the breeze, slowly building up until her form burst apart with a gust of wind, hundreds of rust-colored leaves took flight.

As she neared the Tavern, the leaves settled on the ground, circling up, the Elemental's form came together. Smoothing a palm over her face, she closed the distance to the Tavern quickly as the doors opened. She couldn't help but smile a bit seeing someone there. Bring up her hand she waved to him as Amalric made is way out the doors, raising her voice a bit so he might hear her.

Leaving so soon? Come back inside an' have a drink with me.

Don't be afraid of dying. Be afraid of dying a fool.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:16 pm
Stablehand

Standing apon the sacred ground of the enemy was a straight feeling, indeed. However, in these strange times, the lands were nearly empty; moreover, they were almost barren. The vast armies of the past were no more, thier great leaders mere whispers in the great wind of time. The lines of faith and duty seemed to have faded long ago, the names of the gods themselves seemed unclear. And yet, here he was in the heart of the lands held most sacred, to those whom he would have destroyed, had not the hands of the gods stayed him.

Standing infront of this tavern having watched quietly as several figures went inside, the old soul watched uncertain of himself for the first time in years. Perhaps they will exact thier vengence apon me, now after all these years, revenge is quite sweet when so stale.

Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:05 am
Stablehand

Portex stood in the doorway of the tavern, not really knowing why he was there. He was somewhat fearful of this place, afterall, it was here that people consumed their daily dose of alcohol.

Now it isn't that alcohol is a bad thing to consume, it's just that a Tavern is not the safest place for a Beer elemental to dwell. Now, what would a beer elemental be? Well, the creation of Portex was quite an unusual event. Portex was originally an elemental from the plane of water, but, he had been summoned by a mage of significant power in a very precarious situation: He had been summoned in a keg of beer.

Thus, Portex was always significantly drunk due to the alchol content of his body... which inadvertantly had gained him his freedom: For Portex had slain his summoner in a drunken rage after the Mage's Familiar had licked Portex in a very private area. It was after gaining his freedom that he had made his way to this tavern...

Approaching the bar, the beer elemental simply asked the bartender for what everyone else was having... to which he got the witty response of

"I think you've had more than your share of booze laddy"

Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:54 pm
Stablehand

Amalric paused at the door. Was that his name he had heard? Turning he saw the familiar form of Maenas waving at him. Never one to upset a lady, especially a beautiful one, Amalric happily turned and headed for the table. Signalling to the bartender for two drinks, he sat down next to Maenas.

I was beginning to worry that there would be no familiar faces here anymore... How have you been?

Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:59 am
Stablehand

The Elemental squinted his eyes and stared directly at the barkeep

"I said, barkeep, get me what everyone else is having."

"Lad, I've seen many a water elemental, and I ain't never seen one so fulla suds as you. Methinks you've had enough."

"I'm not a water elemental, I'm a beer elemental.. so beer me. NOW!!!!

"I be thinkin the drink has been goin to yer head..."

"Fine. I'll get some myself"

So, the elemental closed his eyes, and slowly, beer started rising from the keg...

Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:38 pm
Stablehand

The reverend had returned to the tavern so long ago. It had been a while since the last time he had visited so he wasn't quite sure what to expect.

The reverend walked up to the bar.

Barkeep, can I get an ale?

ragnarok grabbed the ale and asked the barkeep a question

You wouldn't by any chance have seen a guy named Oderus come by here?

Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:26 pm
Peasant

He walks along the roads he was told to go someone had offered him a map to find the place. A map in anyone elses hands would have been just fine probably but not in his. He laughed at memories of trying to find the way when Nimue sent him a map and how he got lost. Then she sent him a rabbit whick nikki kept trying to eat.

He walked into the tavern knowing he had the right one. Surveying those inside and moving to a seat his wolf staying right by his side.

I was wondering about some food and drink for myself and my companion. I also was wanting to speak with someone who knows of the fides leadership

Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:29 pm
Stablehand

Bedow entered the tavern rather boldly and pulled up a seat at the bar. He received several stares from the other patrons in the bar, but he had grown accustomed to that. It seemed like he was regularly looking for a new banner to fight under. For a period of time he was once assisted the leaders of VeV, now with his brothers scattered across the countryside he was again in search of a home. Somewhere he could exact his fury on those who laid waste on his once great land.
Why Bedow had chosen this tavern; he had heard rumors that this was visited by the leaders of The Fides one of the greatest guilds in the land. He had to do something to get noticed, but what would it take. It would be easier if a heathen Darden or Isonia follower would walk in the tavern, but more then likely they would be killed before they exhaled. He had to think of something to impress them. His opportunity would come all he had to do was be patient. The barkeep came to him, and in a gruff voice asked
” what’ll ya have stranger, and you pay as you drink” Bedow thought for a minute and said give me a yard of your best ale, and for that matter give everyone in here a yard on me”

The keep then turned and walked away, mumbling something under his breath. Bedow couldn’t make out what was said but more then likely it was not something endearing.

Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:37 pm
Peasant

He sits and pets wolf taking drinks as they come not caring, he was not one to get drunk anyways. He got some meat for Nikki and put it down on the floor for him to eat, along with some water for him to drink. His eyes scanned over the room looking around as he was waiting. His sensitive ears pick up a lot of what is being said. Smiling to himself while listening to this one or that soeak of whatever. He had his own stories to tell if he so wished it but he did not care for telling stories. He had many of when he was in another land and was under the banner of TMI. He had wars that he could speak of that some might have even known about. Instead he just sat there watching the others never being the front man talker, even those in TMI knew he was the silent type even when leading. Looking to a bar maid he speaks softly

Excuse me ma'am I was wondering if you know of a room that is available? Also if you could tell me who in here is of the group of the Fides?

Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:49 am