It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:59 am

The Loss of the Sane (RP/Insane) 
Stablehand

Post The Loss of the Sane (RP/Insane)
OOC: Fingal wrote this:
IC:
Fingal walked the high walls of his castle, looking out over the green grass and farmland of his highland home. War was in the air, his Polis would soon been dragged into the matter with the other warring Polises. He had talked himself blue with his generals and sat many long nights with his advisers trying to find a choice of peace but having no luck.

Fingal had already deployed his men in their places about his land and but waited for word from one of the two Polises that he had sent an offer to. The first to agree to his terms would have his aid, the second to reply would be his sworn enemy. Fingal feared war, he had never know strife as many other of the Princes had. War had never threatened his homelands safety in his lifetime and may never have if this civil war had not started. Fingal looked out over his land again imagining the destruction that would be done in the war that benefited only the insane.

Turning Fingal made his way down from his wall to the ground, he haled the distant soldiers and clasped arms with those he walked directly by. He knew he was late for his weapon training but he was the Prince, the final authority in his land. The real reason for his tardiness was his need for the support of these men and so he spent an extra half an hour walking the entire defense of the city greeting his soldiers.

OOC: Now this is me:
IC:
The Archmage sat at the head of an ornate table. He looked like he was in a foul mood. He fidgeted in his chair as he is not comfortable when he is not in his natural Centaur form. The other people seated at the table continued to argue. On his right sat General Gandor and a couple of his political advisors. At the other end of the table sat his Chief advisor, Lorun. On his left sat his head Mage, Alexa, then Tas his brownie spy and another political advisor. There were also two empty chairs right next to him, which the others tried not to look at. The chairs were for Inn and Sane, which nobody ever saw because they are either invisible or voices in Bracus's head. They all argued about the current missive from Fingal, the prince of the highland kingdoms within the borders of the Order of Insanity.

The Archmage smiled inwardly at the bickering and disagreements between his most trusted men and women. This young prince probably doesn't even realize what chaos he is going to cause. I love it! Darden will surely be generous to us now! Bracus then sits up straight and clears his throat...He leans to his left, nods, then leans to his right, nods again, and he smiles at the assembled advisors.

So, some of you think peace is the answer and some think war is the key. But you all think the civil unrest in our borders is a hindrance, right? They all nod in agreement. By the Gods! I'm the only one who see's the truth then! Other than Inn and Sane! Are you all blind to Dardens vision for us? Here is what we are going to do! We are going to send a missive to this Fingal saying we will meet with him to Parlay. I'm not sure I like his "terms". I wonder if he sent these terms to any of the other kingdoms within our borders? Alexa, prepare a missive for me.

The Sorceress pulls out a scroll from a scroll case and chants a few words and the scroll glows.

It is ready now Master Bracus. Just speak what you want in the missive.

Bracus stands up, changes back to his Centaur form, and paces as he talks...

Quote:
Prince Fingal,

I have recieved your offer and read over your terms. I think we should meet in person to go over things such as this. What Inn? No, no, we can't say that now. Where was I? Oh yeah, as I was saying. I need more information from you before I either agree or not agree to your terms. This is a very delicate topic and the state of affairs for all of Insane is tenuous right now. So please accept my invitation to meet here at my keep. I hope to see you soon.

~Archmage Bracus
Shadow of Insane

The scroll rolls up and disappears and reappears in the hands of prince Fingal.

Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:25 am
Stablehand

ooc: Well i figured out how to work this. This post will be fairly short, as I need some sleep.

Erichmo looked up from his chair at the table after the reply made by Brackus. Erichmo was not a large talker, and he hated confrontation with other officers. However, this time, he had to speak up. Erichmo's 5'2" frame stood up and looked toward Brackus.

[color=blue]Sir, if I may. You want to meet up with Prince Fingal, but you know he is not trustworthy. He is nothing but a war pig, always wanting what he cannot have. I do not recommend you meeting him. In your stead, how about the second in command. Or better yet, I'll go. I have been newly appointed this rank, and I wish to go. Better to have my head than yours should the situation exist.

Erichmo ended his suggestion and sat back down in one of the meeting chairs. Erichmo was the only one with his liberty spiked green hair in the meeting room, and was probably one of the smaller beings in the room too, for he was a sidhe. He awaited patiently for Brackus's response.

<edit>'AGM' and related terms (i.e., 'GM') are considered OOC terms. I replaced your use of AGM with 'the second in command'. --Evangeline.</edit>

Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:21 pm
Stablehand

[color=#](ooc- Richmo, been too long bro. For those who don't know, Erichmo and I played this game when it was Mo'Pri and Monarchy and we fought the evil communist power known as flame.)[/color]

Pathetic Jemary said to himself as he watched Erichmo speak. His old friend from War School was weak as always, never changing in his pacafist ways. Jemary stood, interupting the flow of the meeting that he wasn't offically invited to.

Perhaps you fools forget why we are here. The threat of war is ever looming and always the black cloud blocking the sun on the horizon. If we wish to acheive peace, I say we do so after we have crushed all who stand in it's way. If that means we have to talk to War Pigs, Demons and evil beings such as the Rubio's, then so be it. What choice do we have?

Jemary looked around at everyone, and smiled.

Do not forget what is at stake. Your children could easily fall to the evils of the world around us.

[color=green] Jemary, an unknown to anyone North of Eol, sat down. He carefully made sure to act both arrogant and stupid throughout the rest of the meeting. His guildmembers thought him as a liability and a threat to their power. Some of those around him knew that he had, in fact, lead one of the most powerful countries for years and won two hardfought wars, and he was not nearly as dumb as he would allow himself to look. Erichmo, more then anyone, understood this, and gave an approving nod as Jemary looked to his old friend.

[center]Insane from the start[/center]

Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:46 pm
Stablehand

Fingal read the letter swiftly after it found its way into his hands, he had been having diner with a wealthy merchant and his daughter, hoping to perhaps gain more support for himself. Fingal was not his father, who was a very mighty warrior and had, had much experience with an enemy, but he knew risky business when he read it. Meeting would be a risks but Fingal wasn't about to pittly around when war was in the air.

Not long after Fingal reread the letter bound for Archmage Bracus.

"I believe that your first feeling was the correct one, of us meeting. I should arrive in Tarevin, a large hamlet that shares our borders, no later than 2 days from now, at that time we can speak face to face. It will bring a guard detail as I’m sure you will as well."

Turning to one of his most trusted guardsmen he nodded and passed the letter over to the huge red haired ax wielding giant with a smile. Having the large fierce looking fellow around made Fingal feel better, his people knew well the business of war having spent much of the time Fingal's father ruled fighting in various wars.

Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:53 pm
Stablehand

I look at Erichmo and Lord Jemary and just shake my head. I then lean over to the two empty chairs next to me and laugh. I remain standing the whole time they were talking. I stand there in silence and I notice a messenger that entered the room. I ignore him for now and look at all here in the room.

So Erichmon, do you consider me, an Archmage and warrior, incapable of protecting myself? I fear nobody! And you call me a fool Jemary? You better hold that tongue in check, for next time I will not be so forgiving! For I will meet with this Fingal, I will meet him alone if I so choose! Huh? Don't tell me to settle down Inn! Sane if you say that again, I'll wring your neck! Both of you shut up! What? Not now damn it! Now why would I do that? Hmmph!! So boy! You over there by the door. Don't stand there with a confused look on your face, give me the message!

I read the letter from Fingal. Hmmmm....two days? Easy enough, I know where that hamlet is. The damn Prince will come under my rule.

I have good news. Fingal wants to meet in Tarevin within two days time. I'm gonna go and meet him. If anyone wants to come, speak up now. Otherwise I go alone.

Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:24 pm
Stablehand

OOC: Ok Insane, let's get posting here! Come on people...;-))

IC: I look around at Jemary, Erichmo, Alexa, Gandor, Tas, Lorun and the other advisors. I wait for them to say anything. Nobody says a thing and before they can i turn away from them all and leave the council room. I storm out the door and make ready to leave for Tarevin.

Well you two, it looks like we take care of this Fingal character on our own. Do you really think he could be a threat Inn? What do you think Sane? Ah, I agree, he will be easy to deal with. A youngling prince who most likely will need his guards if he does not adhere to the Order of Insanity. Inn? do you really think this boy dangerous? What? His army is strong eh? A lot of veteran troops? So what? My army of undead rabbits, squirls, chipmunks, mice and ferrets will easily turn aside anything! You both should realize that already! Hmph! worried about Fingals army indeed!

I go to my personal chambers and pack my gear, weapons and such. I then leave my keep and head into the forest and in the direction of the hamlet I'm to meet Fingal at. My two days of travel go by with nothing of note happening and I am quite relaxed. I trot into the hamlet of Tarevin and wander about the small market they have. A few give me strange looks as Centaur's are not that common around here. I don't really notice the stares as I browse the small town and await Fingal.

Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:53 am
Stablehand

Midnyght wearily takes off his clothes for bed after a long days conquest into the heathen lands on the isle of Maxim. This is a new and strange world to him, so unpredictible and fierce. The gods themselves seem to have sent the most pure and devot followers to this small land to represent them in the absolute battle for power. And midnyght has thrown in is crown with his breathren of darden and those who sanity has been lost to. For indeed one must be lacking in insanity to join such a heated battle as the one occuring on Maxim

Sat May 31, 2003 10:51 pm