It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:09 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 summons to a new beginning (SOLAR) 
Author Message
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:16 am
Posts: 30
Post summons to a new beginning (SOLAR)
Our legend begins in a town whose name will never be remembered, on as ordinary a night as any other. The air is still and warm, the scents of the day still lingering in its wake. The unseasonably good weather has called people out of their homes and they mill about in the town square mumbling in the silence of the night to one another. The bell in the tower of the local cathedral sounds eleven times; faintly to those on the ground below but deafening to other ears.

"Oh, for the love of--" Nemesis touches her fingertips to the ends of her damaged ears. "If its not voices... Now I'll be hearing bells for a week." She half-topples off of the slanted roof of the cathedral and leaps just as she reaches the end, landing "gracefully" on the next-closest building. Its residents are alarmed and let out soft cries from below Nem's feet. Not wanting to disturb them further, she eases herself off of the roof and onto the street.

She sets off at a brisk pace, obviously familiar with her surroundings, and weaves in and out of dark alleyways to the outskirts of town. It is like an oasis in the middle of a desert of grass. Just past the last of the town's buildings, the fields of green are endless in her view, broken only by the odd farm or country house. Like one in a trance, Nemesis wanders out into the field, away from prying eyes.

Once satisfied with her distance from the town, Nem settles into a kneeling position among a small patch of shrubbery. Her head is barely taller than the surrounding undergrowth. Extending both of her arms and laying her palms on the ground, a soft hum escapes her lips and she begins her silent prayer to Darden.

She is not one minute into her devotion when the fluttering of wings destroys her concentration. A small, mottled bird lands on her head and she throws it back in fury of being interrupted. The brainless beast is startled and tumbles to the ground, hopping away from the giant lunatic, but not before dropping a tiny roll of parchment. Nemesis' hands are slow and deliberate as she unrolls the message. Her red eyes scan the note and she stands, crumpling the paper as she does.

"The Protectorate is summoning its members," she whispers into the night. "There is no rest for the wicked."

_________________
~Nemesis Manafae


Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:38 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Canada
Post 
"Two more. Lower."

Damian sat, half-submerged in a tub of cold water. He had his legs pulled up to his chest, and his arms wrapped around them. His head rested lazily on his knees, as the small boy standing beside the tub put two more of the leeches on his back. Lower this time. As asked. Damian lazily scooped up a handful of water, and let is trickle down his back, mixing its cold temperature with the fiery pain from the leeches. It was hardly as stimulating as he had hoped it to be.

"Oh well. Just kill them. Bring a razor to me as well."

The boy went to a small table at the side of the room and picked up a medium sized bag and a razor. He handed the razor to Damian, who made several tiny incisions on his thigh, as the boy began to pour the bag of salt into the tub. When he was finished, Damian leaned back into the water, and closed his eyes. The water slowly turned a light pink in color, as the leeches writhed and died, unlatching from his back and floating to the surface. The sores they left behind oozed out minute traces of blood, as did the small cuts on his legs. Unfortunately, before Damian could indulge himself of the full pleasure of the moment, another one of his boys came into the room, carrying a missive. He opened up one eye and studied the boy. He had no wish to move at all, but he still had his duties to do.

"Read it."

"It's a missive from the Protectorate. You are summoned to the Colossus, as soon as possible."

"Oh? I suppose. Go ready my armor. I'll be down... I'll be down when I feel like it. Go now."

The boy bowed low and turned and left the room. Damian closed his eye again, and laid still in his pink pool.

_________________
Ser Damian Forsinthe
-Knight of Dawn-
-Knight of Tears-


Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:05 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Welland, Ontario, Canada...WOOO!! Go Canada!!!
Post 
Colossus Rhodes, Malphalis' Grand Atrium of his world, his Protectorate, sat free amongst the landscape, a place of beauty, but also a place of duty. He had built it to withstand any force that could come against, it, be it natural, elemental or even human, which was a term Malphalis used lightly in some cases. Built of layered blocks of untarnished golden marble, it shimmered in the setting sun. A place he was proud to call the embodiment of his dreams.

He stood alone, on a simple column, surrounded by no one. Looking around, he scanned the massive radius that was in his immediate area. Casually he mumbled some incoherent words, and they echoed through off the massive walls of the extensive to the very back of the room. Malphalis smiled at his beautiful creation.

”Good Work…this will be very useful to your diplomatic stance amongst the people…” one of the voices in his head said.

”This is useless, you shouldn’t be wasting your time on diplomacy, war is the only answer.” another one responded.

”I think I will keep to our diplomatic ways, I find no need to stand by and watch our people die without reason again…We need more members to be sure of ourselves.” Malphalis answered the voices.

”I believe that we shouldn’t be wasting our time, with diplomacy, our ideals should be focused on the gaining of intellect. You have built an extensive library, we have no use for people.” his third voice, commented.

”No, No, No, we need the people. These people will help us with our relations.” his last voice responded.

”I will use these people, these people will be of better use than, introverted knowledge. Although it would be partially useful.” he finally responded.

Malphalis took up a small stack of papers, that he shuffled in his hands before, he turned to leave the podium. He took one last look, at the magnificent place that he had built for one purpose, to draw the followers of Darden, closer, in unity so that they could gain the power and knowledge of the past and to conquer the uncertain future, he had sent out the messages, now it was only time that he needed for these people to respond and come to his home, at Colossus Rhodes.

_________________
[center]"Don’t worry about the future or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation, by chewing bubblegum."
Eternal Templar of SOLAR[/center]


Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:14 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:16 am
Posts: 30
Post 
Nemesis dives into the bushes and snatches the bird from the ground. Licking her lips, she crams it into her mouth and wipes the drool away with the back of her hand after a satisfying chomp. "Even better than eating weeds," she smirks. Nem has been consistently returning to her former, pre-perpetual-war, self. Her eyes are bright again and her sense of humour is restored. The only change is that the demons that tore at her soul are now missing.

[center]*****[/center]

She reaches Colossus Rhodes in record time, dramatically sweeping through the front gate with the rise of the sun. Specks of gold reflect blinding light into her eyes and she falls to her knees only to throw back her head in a fit of laughter. "It feels so good to call a standing building home!" Her voice echoes off the high ceiling and through the endless hallways. Nem leaps to her feet and begins skipping down the halls, passing Alexi at his podium and waving on her way by.

A couple of corners taken at high speeds and she's standing at the foot of a great staircase. "Ah, the living quarters," she sighs and takes the steps two at a time. She bolts down the hall and slams into a random door, breaking through, and landing in a tangled mess with a woman who was preparing it. "S-so sorry," is all that she can manage to say as she picks up the confused woman and sends her on her way.

The room is bright with the sun streaming through the open window. Nem flops onto the enormous bed and begins humming a song as loudly as possible. If ignorance is bliss, surely she seems as dumb as an anvil at this time. Clothes have been laid over top of a chair in the corner and Nem pounces on them, tipping the chair and throwing the clothes to the ceiling. She lets out one more heartfelt laugh before curling up to sleep on the windowsill, ignoring the silk pillows that were under her head not one minute before.

_________________
~Nemesis Manafae


Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:51 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Welland, Ontario, Canada...WOOO!! Go Canada!!!
Post 
Malphalis looked around after leaving his fantastic podium. Tapping his foot softly on the marble floor. He watched Nem, run by.

"Silly Nem, she'd better not destroy the this building, or I will kill her...Much like Quen really wished she could have done. She might as well as be a dumb as an anvil...With the Giants in the Courtyard...Oh, God..." he whispered lightly to himself.

He paused as he shuffled his papers. The walls seemed to shimmer with a beckoning call to those of the faith. Reaching over he placed his hand on the wall of golden marble, the a sweet sound of music sounded in his mind.

"This is such a beautiful place, I am glad that I could build this tribute to the deaths of the University." he whispered to himself again.

Taking his hand off the wall, he turned to walk down the long hallway. He drank in the sights of magnificence that he had sought and searched for, looked for, for years, or at times what seemed to be ages. He stopped again, to look at the large piece of stone that he had salvaged from the University, which he put next to the one, that was on display in the Unveristy, of the Oldest University that he could remember, Nature's Academia, various relics of the history of the University were scattered among the Colossus, from the University of Mt. Gimora, Astanar, and Agrippa.

"Hopefully, my future will not end up like the these others..." he softly said to himself.

A voice inside of him, spoke softly, it spoke of time, Saying that Time would tell, That time would tell his future. To this Malphalis nodded his head. It was correct, time would tell. And hopefully time would be a bit better to him then all these other people, that gave their lives in service.

"Time will tell...Time will telll..." he said as he walked away from the large pieces of stone to the center of the room. The light shimmered, with merciful glory. He was happy, the first time in a long time he was happy, and he hoped to stay this way.

_________________
[center]"Don’t worry about the future or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation, by chewing bubblegum."
Eternal Templar of SOLAR[/center]


Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:07 am
Profile
Flaming Toaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 230
Location: Personal Universe v2.01.05
Post 
Edited out. Please delete.

_________________
GM Ordo Draco | Co-GM Demonic Reality | GM Revenant & Calael
And when the men on the chess board get up and tell you where to go.
And you've just had some kinda mushroom, and your mind is moving low.
Ask Seska. I think he knows...


Thu May 15, 2003 6:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore
Free Browser Based Strategy Game - Fantasy Authors, Books and Series