It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Round Two : A belated War Thread [TEN vs INCA] 
Intop's Chosen

Post Round Two : A belated War Thread [TEN vs INCA]
Quote:
"The sixth age, the age of the Knight is an age of honour. That which was fixed in the previous age is defended and protected. The wonders of the Architect were bought at a price; greed and vanity despoil the end of his time as rulers seek to continually make bigger, fancier structures to bespeak of the greatness of that leaders time for generations to come. Slavery and taxation are rampant, and it is only through the emergence of the Peasant’s champion, The Knight, that honour is restored to the land. Righteous and selfless leaders are born under The Knight and the early works of the architect are returned to those whose labours spelled the construction in the first place."

But that is an age yet to come, and a champion yet to draw his first breath.

Intop shone feircly upon the Fifth age, the age of the Architect, already the lessons learned in the ages before were being forgotton by the greed and greatness that were alread marking this age, the circle of the heavens would, as is always the case bring about the saviour and restore honour to those who would follow the great cycle. But for now at least, the knight was unborn and honour forgotten among the leaders within the lands of the TEN.

Intop wanted more, Intop would get more. After being forced to chose strength and structure over honour and destruction, Niurin and his people were once again in the position of dominance that they had become used to in this, the fifth stage of the cycle. Only one niggling doubt remained, a thorn stuck into the foot of he who would assume his destined greatness whatever the cost. Would the TEN have beaten the Angels?

There was only one way to find out.

Days of burnings were started in the lands of the Angels, no member of the TENs advance party were seen by the scouts on lookout, but it was known that the INCAn people would be fully aware that the undeclared destruction of their temples and idols were caused at the hands of those whom they had fought, and through a bluff of immense proportions been forced into accepting a tentative peace. No-one in their right mind would have imagined the peace would last long.

Finally the smoke settled on the charred remains of what were once bastions of hope for the INCAn people, but as yet no official declaration had been ordered from the lands of Intop. Niurin knew that the Angels must be wondering what exactly was going on, wondering why the TEN had expended so much of their power to just burn the temples to their false God. But if they did wonder, it was not for long. The TEN had not extended the full force of their might into the burnings, The priests of Intop, unfortunatly unable to be used in the previous war until it was too late, due to the untimely workings of the Leprechaun people, had been prepairing for an attack of immense proportion, an attack that would cause the very earth beneath the INCAn stronghold to tremble in awe.

Burnt husks of the wooden frames of temples and rubble from the massive earthquakes, littered the lands of Foret, but still the armies that marched to the TEN signs of Intop had made no overt declaration upon the INCAn lands. That is, until the rumble of the elite sun guard started to echo throughout the hills that bordered the two vast empires. A rumble that once started would not stop, for the bluff would not work for a second time, this time it would be final.

[OOC] - Sorry the thread's late, it was 3:30am when we ended the hit and I've been at work since. There's not alot of point in the stats, we hit the strongest guild we could from our position at the top, and we've had no complaints (as yet) from INCA[/OOC]

Mon May 12, 2003 5:47 pm
Stablehand

[ooc: No complaints about the strike. We love a good challenge, and this one's fair enough.]

This war had been brutal.

It started with a surprise. Not that the TEN had attacked; the Angels knew good and well that they were coming. The surprise was the method of attack. Only a small handful of INCAn kingdoms were seriously invaded. At the same time, widespread burnings of Foretian temples were reported throughout the lands, and many other kingdoms engaged in conflicts on the borders, surrendering only small amounts of land. The core of INCA was still strong. Apparently, the Fury was hoping that, by destroying the temples of the Angels, they would remove their ability to successfully strike back. This was a critical mistake.

Thus did the counterattacks began. One Dardenite kingdom fell the first night of the conflict, but it was only the beginning. The second night, six of his comrades joined him. On the third night, another handful of the Fury's strongest lands were demolished by the Angels. The Fury of the TEN was falling, and not exactly slowly. It would not be long before they had little that remained of their previously glorious empire.

Of course, the Angels too were not without their losses. Their empire was already a shadow of what it had been before the attacks. This had not stopped or even significantly slowed the press of INCAn armies, but it was taking a massive toll on the populace. Solik knew that when this bloody battle was over, neither the Fury nor the Angels would possess anything remotely resembling a powerful empire.

So much for the spoils of war.

Solik regretted only that he was forced into an early retreat. Duty was calling him elsewhere, and he had but a short amount of time before his departure. He knew that the warriors of In Nomina Caelum Amplus would be perfectly fine without his presence, but he hated the feeling of walking away from a battle. Nevertheless, he had already seized thirty thousand acres of Dardenite land thus far in the war. The bard could leave with his head held high, knowing he had done his part to aid in the cause of justice.

Tue May 13, 2003 1:59 pm
Intop's Chosen

Niurin heard the news that two of the more promising acolytes, had decided to follow Intop in a different direction to the path that he and his collegues in the cult were destined to follow. From the remains of the once mighty Officium they had come, but it seemed that the Cult, with its many differences from their age old beleifs, was not for them, and for that he was saddened.

To an outsider, the signs of those two realms marching away from the lands of the TEN might suggest the posibility of bad times to come in the war with the Angels. Niurin, however knew this was not the case. Reports from this mornings scout parties were sat across his desk, showing that the Angels were thinly defended and looking to be approaching the end of a feasable defense against the forces of the sun.

Realms of the TEN were falling however, news in recently spoke of a huge surge of INCAn forces decimating one of the strongest realms of the TEN, but he knew deep down that the strength of the TEN was now going to be too much for the INCAn people to overcome. He knew that before the week was out either a miricle would have occured or that the TEN would stand victorious.

Wed May 14, 2003 1:18 pm
Stablehand

A ray of warmth brought by the morning sun broke through a slight crack in the tall and musty curtains, it gently rousing me from a nights sleep and bringing a smile to my normally sullen lips.
In truth they now, on close inspection looked a little rough at the edges but, they had hung there at the other end of the chamber for generations, they had been opened and closed by my father maid, his father maid and brought back by my great grandfather from deep within the heart of the Red Mountains.
As many things within and including this keep and the castle beyond it’s walls, had stood proudly upon the lowland savanna of Maxim for many eons, mostly worn by either the winds of time or the harsh rains of the winter seasons, none more so than the battlements of Nethalim.

Close to the edge of the Tigrha river, Nethalim is a small medieval market town, with cobbled streets and tall slim buildings circling the dark archaic keep at it’s center.
To East of the walled city stands the majestic architecture of the ‘Temple of Darden’. It’s four tall spires reaching towards the sky, their white limestone bleached against the deep blue ocean of the this summers sky.
To the West, the small but homely housing of the farm worker, plumes of smoke twist ever upward, to the south the open grasslands of the open savanna, and to the North, the foreboding ‘Red Mountains’ that circle the northen coast of Maxim, silhouetted against the it’s horizon.

My eyes still a little stunned by this intrusion into my bed chamber squint painfully, I turn my head so that it is no longer highlighted by the glowing intruder, raise myself to the edge of the bed and release a hoarse cough, a must after a night on the ale.
My thoughts drifted back to the meeting that preempted the copious amounts of ale, the legions of ‘Inca’ had bayed at the crumbling battlement of this town, only to be turned away by the forces within them.
The battle plans where now drawn and this would be the time of their undoing, I had called all the Cohorts back within the walls, nearly one third where off duty following peace time, quality time that was being spent with their families.

I shook my head only to find it now cradled within my hands, that had not been such a good idea, the glass of water that had sat most of the night to my right on the sideboard relieved my arid throat, but did little to numb the ache of my bones or the throbbing within my head.
The news brought by the messengers, was that of good news, the alliance of Ten had held strong, even more so had inflicted severe casualties upon Inca, this was good.
The battlements had been fortified within good time and most of the reserve or off duty soldiers now stood at their posts ready for the forth coming onslaught, the Shakes had returned with the news that had been asked of them and the Temples of Darden to the East, where all but finished and ready for their tasks that would be asked of them, things seemed to going our way.

Wed May 14, 2003 6:25 pm
Stablehand

The elf clutched his forehead as he leaned his head heavily over his desk. This war had been absolutely brutal. But, then again, Daos had expected no different from these heathens. They had fought before, and they surely would again.... However, this age had been much, much different....

They had threatened the Angels, and then admitted it was all just a hoax to get them to accept peace. Since Daos had learned of this, his heart had been very heavy. It tore at the very fabric of his being, his will. He backed down from no one. However, when that situation was laid before him, he understood what the council of the Angels had decided. However, it had left a sick feeling in his stomach, along with all the rest of the Angels. Rumors spread throughout the lands of the Tonan of the wrongdoings of the Fury, but closer to home, and much more devastating, were the rumors among his own people. Of weakness on the part of the Angels, giving in to the demands of the Fury. Daos bit his tongue. He had agreed with his leaders that fateful night. Peace had been our only option. Peace was our only option. The Fury had dictated such.

Though the Angels had engaged in another war, his thoughts were still on the Fury. He would never forgive them. He couldn't forgive them. His honor did not allow it. In the back of his mind, they were there, growing off the land they had stolen from the Angels. Growing larger, fatter, and worst yet, unopposed. Peace came with the demons and dogs, and yet, still, his thoughts remained on the Fury.

Then, the burnings started. The elf's scouts were unable to capture any of the thieves burning his temples, though, the elf had known. He knew it was the Fury. It had to be the Fury. The Angels had already recovered their power. The TEN would have to know that the Angels were coming for them. To teach them honor. To pay them back for the injustice done to them by the Fury's hands...

And then, the attacks started....

~~~~

Daos stood over the war table, reading the official declaration, and getting the reports of the initial damage done ot the INCAn lords. The elf shook his head and bowed it deeply, clutching his forehead. They had struck first. These heathens hoped to take our land from us again. Daos shuddered briefly, reminding himself to breathe. A messenger came through the door bearing the news of the first strikes and set it before the elf. After just a moment's glance, Daos looked up sternly.

Young elf, I am in no mood for jests.

Lord Daos, those reports are true. Damage is minimal. Only our strongest few kingdoms were attacked. The rest were just burned and looted.

Daos bowed his head, and read back over the reports, but he hadn't finished when he had received a missive from his dear friend, Solik. He had been untouched in the Fury's initial strike. His army now waited outside the gates of Daos's realm, and he wished for Daos and his army to join him in an assault deep into the lands of the Fury.

It was a proposition the elf wouldn't have turned down, even if it had meant his life.......

~~~~

But now, the elf had more reports to go over. He had been ordered to obtain new reports of all the realms of the Fury, and he had obtained reports on almost all the kingdoms. Only their largest three had been able to catch his thieves within their borders. He now loomed over the reports, organizing them, having scribes make copies to be delivered to the INCAn lords. His lands were smaller now, but his army no less potent. His thieves blades were sharper now than they had ever been, and all the elf's people were filled with a vigor the elf had never seen. They wanted the same thing he did. The destruction of the Fury. The bringing of justice to the Lords of the Fury. The savior of the common-folk from their heathen ways.

There was the elf's choice. This was the elf's only choice. Even if it meant his life.......

Thu May 15, 2003 12:36 am