It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Regulations of Reality (MFR vs DR) 
Stablehand

He was far from pleased, as it had been for many days. Threats from those misinformed, possibly lied to, caused grief from many corners of the island. Misgivings of liars are quite compelling if they are heard first, after all. It is not a crime to be lied to, nor to act on the words of an ally. The crime itself, the lie, cannot be forgiven. Looking off from atop his mountain, the heathens had yet to consume him completely. The outlying country beyond the triple mountain fortress city burned with Darden's fire. He was alone with the gods here. Alone.

"Ruune?" The voice was that of a female. One he recognized. He lowered his eyes, remaining silent. "Ruune. Don't hide from me."

He couldn't bear to look her in the eyes. The voice of Lady Hakko herself, Aleuna. The realization that Quonotae's countryside would not last the night struck him hardest up here. The gods were glaring at him, contemplating him with their greatness. The hate from all the gods poured down onto this mountain, onto the flat spot in which he stood. His eyes focused on the burning below, his blood steamed through his heart like a river after rain.

"What?"

She stepped back. His mood hadn't been this miserable since well before the loss of their daughter. Surely she remembered Ruune and Mikka sulking in the war chambers, doing nothing. He did. He and Mikka talked of it often, even in Mikka's current state of being. He wished indeed, that his friend could make the hike up the hill to where they stood plotting and scheming so long ago. Quonotae's leadership had fallen off that hill, so to speak, as Mikka's life began its slow decent to resolution. Ruune found that, without Mikka, his ability to manage all of Quonotae slipped through his fingers. He sighed.

Sat May 31, 2003 12:05 am
Stablehand

Mallya looks over the reports detailing MFR's holdings, shaking her head sadly. Her meeting with Eisheth this morning had been anything but pleasant. Neither of them enjoyed beating the dead horse and it had become a chore instead of fun. Not typical for the Reality, who always enjoyed a good war. This had been anything but. Eisheth had directed her to write a letter and send it to each of the members of MFR and Mallya sat now to do it.
Quote:
To the members of MFR,

The olive branch of peace has been extended to your leader each night since your inital strike against the Reality. The mystic scribes have been saved and all you need do is ask us for them and you will be provided with the conversations. Your leader had the option of explaining the hit to the Darden faith before TTH steped in and he chose not to address it. The choice was his and the decision was made by him alone for TTH to step in. He ignored Darden's power and now I fear it has come back to bite you all in the ass.

In that the Reality does not enjoy the total descimation of any single guild and since you leader is now ignoring Eisheth we extend this offer to you. Leave MFR and you will be left alone. The Reality is currently looking for a Foret guild to take under thier protection should you choose this road. There is no shame in wisdom and doing this thing would only show your wisdom. We regret all that you have lost due to poor leadership and would see this thing end as quickly as possible. The mystic scribes can be used to contact either myself or Eisheth should you need furthar contact with the Reality.

Mallya
Defiler of Scum and Sorcery
Demonic Reality

Copies are made of the letter and runners are sent to each of the kingdoms flying MFR's banner. Mallya waits hoping that the message is recieved.

Sat May 31, 2003 9:23 pm
Stablehand

RifRaf is in total shock, hearing of these claims made by Eisheth and her clingons...

I must remember to talk with Scovaree the next time I see him at the Inn, ask him about these " offers of peace". I keep hearing about, I need a good laugh!

RifRaf stands atop the hill over looking his lands, at the smoke rising from the ashes of what was one of the strongest realms in the land

To think, all of this destruction,all of the death, not by just one realm, not by two realms, but by at least 34 in all.
And if the chance were ever there to do it over again, I would lead my subjects into battle the same way, for they did not die in dishonor, but as brave warriors.

Slaughtered by snivelling cowards, led by the one that calls herself "Eisheth"

Bringing in the help of all that would believe her accusations of cheating, the over "exagerated" untruths that she has spread thruoghout the lands.

I wonder where my letter from these heathens is at, I am flying the MFR banner and have yet to receive any such message.

Yes, I would, and I will do the same over and over, untill all like her are dead, crippled, or just annoyed enough that they cant take the torture anymore and just go away...

Rif slowly looks away from his lands, towards Dr's lands, and orders another charge...

[/center]

Sat May 31, 2003 11:40 pm
Stablehand

He read the scribe. He laughed and read it again. The scribe found its way to the fire after a round of laughs. He and his counsil had a grand discussion over the words. To leave MFR and become one's own guild had been discussed long ago. But to do so under these coward heathens would not do, not at all. How was it they said? Living in a box is not at all living.

Ruune wanted nothing more than for the war to end, just as he wanted nothing more than to liberate the heathens from their miserable existence. Yet the assaults continued nightly. The lands were not safe, and the livelyhood of his people, nonexistent. He wanted to destroy the heathens for even hinting at a possible weakness. He could not help but laugh again. Would these heathens ever learn? By the Gods, they were fools to think that Ruune, of all people, would accept to their terms of leaving MFR and forming up under the Darden religion. There was only one thing worse than being a heathen. The act of betraying one's god in the name of one's self.

He informed his people that night with a quick speech.

"My fellows, this is hilarious. These heathens think we are weak of heart! Perhaps we should show them how evil we truly might be. Those who wish to, you may leave. Know, you will be free from persecution, and your business may be your own. Those who wish to fight on in the name of Foret, the purest form of Foret, you ought to remain with myself, following our masters, in MFR. These excuses for leadership on the oposing side cannot possibly be serious. Offering protection to those who come from another religion. Truly the words of blasphemy. Shall we kill them?"

Sat May 31, 2003 11:43 pm
Stablehand

Rubbing taloned fingers across horned brow. By Darden these heathens were about as bright as they deadly. Which was not very, in either case. Demonic Reality had spoken to Demon, the GM of CaT and asked them to harbor any in MFR who were done being stomped mercilessly, he had agreed to give amnesty so long as those seeking it publically let it be known they were going.

The whole rumors and lies thing was about as enjoyable as listening to cats mate. Turning to Sabian. Tell me again what state they are in? The blind elf chuckled, a rare thing indeed. All of them lay in ruins, they lack the networth to do so much as afford the most meager of army. Each temple that goes up we have burned down. Lands have been wiped clean in the breath of Darden's fury. They lay broken and hemoraging and still they will not accept peace.

Eisheth nodded and shook her head. I have offered them peace each night, each night I am told no. The last demand by these fools was that DR disband and stay out of the wars until the age ends. Drivel. I have offered them land to rebuild on, and the GM refuses. They say we speak lies when I am told others have hit them. Their GM admitts, in their stupidity, to HITTING RFC and in return RFC hit them back for the attacks. He has YET to show me proof of other Darden's hitting them and as I understand it even TTH has stepped out. WHICH, I might add, they would never had have to step in had MFR shown the good god damned sense to add another guild to their strike in the FIRST place and make it a fair hit. Even INCA had the honor to do that. Yet here we sit, farming these retards day after day, building as we hit..going up in strength and they lay there like overused whore bemoaning their fate. I could honestly give a damn less if we do this day after day after day and use them like cheap ponies if that is their wish. ALL they do is show to the whole of Tonin what childish people they are when they cannot accept defeat with good grace and move on.

Snorting and turning away from the elf. Fine, then we will leave them unable to so much as piss without losing their troops.

Sat May 31, 2003 11:56 pm
Stablehand

Nitemare had received the letter that was scribed to him before, but he was more interested in the second one he had received.

Peace? he questioned silently to himself....
but then he read on.

He slammed his fists on the wooden table, and tore the paper in pieces.
Leave MFR?! What do they take us as? Fools?!

Nitemare felt as if that comment was way below the belt. We should leave MFR, and then we would be safe?! Where is the wisdom in that? To leave a guild because of a petty threat like that was more like stupidity rather than being wise. It was a sign of being a coward. And it was a sign of how childish the heathens can be.

Nitemare grabbed his quill and a parchment of paper, but quickly dropped it as more scribes in bearing the follow-ups to the war. Their retaliation was worse than expected. Why? Because of the outside help. Real wise. Right now, MFR was down, but not out. By the power of Foret, this war was far from over.

Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:57 am
Stablehand

RifRaf again stands on the hill overlooking his lands, another morning of mass attacks has gone by, his thoughts from yesterday must have really angered the one called Eisheth.

My lands have yet again been attacked by Eisheths clingons.
I must have really angered her this time, sending so many of her kingdoms to invade my lands all at once.
Thru it all, I still have to wonder tho, how she can look herself in the mirror and justify her actions.

I have read the so called "secret scrolls".

The so called offers of "peace"

quit and join CAT , I dont think so.

Take the offer from her of 15k land from an unguilded realm if we quit, I dont think so.

They are nothing more than bribes to get myself and the rest of the regulators to leave her alone.

I will never quit, never stop attacking, even with my realm so close to death

RifRaf still looking over his realm has to wonder if there really is such a thing as honor.

His realm still lives.

(ooc How can the leader of a guild make offers of another realms land, a realm that is unguilded and not affiliated with them in order to gain peace if that realm is not in league with them ?? )

[/center]

Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:25 pm
Stablehand

(ooc At the time of my writing this I am doing what I feel is in the best intrests of MFR. This is what I have always done and always will do. I have admitted to taking a slight advantage at the start of this war but I still think it was a fair hit and will not be dictated to by members of another faith that eventually can't help from showing their true colors /ooc)

Clot, Eisheth has offered us lands that not under her control as an appeasement. We shall not take these lands of her will. Those who choose to fly no other banner than one of faith are available to us at OUR choosing. Such is the way of the Isle. Apparently she speaks for all of Darden. She speaks as if she controls the actions of an entire faith, and possibly two faiths. Let it be known once again that the mystic scribes are available to any who would ask.This includes the offer of fifteen thousand acres of non affiliated lands. To call on reinforcements and then throw them to the dogs as sheep to the slaughter shows where the intrests lay. While MFR should have gained from this war, due to the outside interference this was not possible. Now that I have declared immediate and UNCONDITIONAL peace with the Reality, the ball is in the court of those who have chosen to come to their aid. Scovaree stopped short and thought for a few moments. Such tirades were not his custom and he found them exhaustive really.

His last few contacts with Eisheth had been almost pleasant, unlike those at the onset of hostilities. You know Clot, I wonder how someone can call on their brethren for help then toss them away like so much rotten fodder when their purpose has been met. I wonder how time and again those that follow blindly can be still led astray. Loyalty expected or received requires loyalty in return. Offering something that does not belong to the offeror is theft. Accepting such an offer is the same as if the offeree had stolen it themselves. It is good to know that my brethren in MFR would never choose to stoop so low as to stab allies in the back. Perhaps that is why we have none...in that there is no danger of betrayel from either side.

Clot looked upon his friend with great concern. Surely these words would gain no friends upon the Isle. Yet he knew that this was not really of any concern. His only respnse...As you bid, sire as he turned to do once again as he was asked.

MFR

Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:50 pm
Stablehand

It was known the leaders of MFR, having been trounced thoroughly, had decided to toss Demonic Reailty to those in the faithwar as an act of revenge for their failure. This was fine. Demonic Reailty had not sent a kingdom to strike in the faith war having been involved in keeping MFR on their laurels. Should they be attacked Demonic Reailty would fight back with all their fury and violence. However, the war with MFR had been taxing. This did not shake the resolve of Demonic Reailty to stand for what was right.

Simply put they had been so involved with MFR they had not had the time, nor the ability, to get involved elsewhere. What happened beyond this was up to fate. One misplaced strike against the forces of DR and hell would break loose. There was respect for the faith war and a silent agreement that it had been necessary. Still, DR had fought only MFR. There was also understanding MFR was banking on the heathens to strike down the realms of DR now that peace had been established. For it had been made clear by the leaders of MFR they would not give a silent peace. What did they have to lose? Nothing, they had been crushed. Demonic Reailty had offered Scovaree peace daily, and had been refused.

What lay ahead remained to be seen, but with grim determination she steeled herself and sent word to her members to brace for it was expected at least one of the heathens would strike them. It was not MFR's way to grant peace unless they had an ace to play.

Good luck MFR, may Darden shower you only with despair.

As for the accusation she had stabbed her allies in the back, she laughed. She had spoken the Loradim and had asked that they give MFR peace, Loradim had simply stepped back and waited to speak to his agm's and the like, she had no reason to tie TTH to this struggle once the initial attack had happened. TTH had not struck MFR in days. They would not have had to strike at all had things been better prepared. Once again MFR using it as excuse to spout imagined events and claptrap. As to the offering of unguilded lands it was a well known tradition to offer such in certain events, as had happened with a war recently passed. It amused her that they were so taken aback by the offering of UG'd heathen lands when they hit with impunity at their liesure. Yet another tactic to make themselves look intelligent and innocent in the face of such devistating war.

The numbers had been there for all to see..TTH had acted honorably before any other Darden guild had the chance to step up. The facts remained that the original numbers had not been posted at the start of the attack, that when asked to explain themselves the leaders of MFR had refused to do such. Only after the attack had they produced numbers out of thin air. It was known that MFR was known for it's razortongue quick to cut the fat of truth from most statements to make themselves look better. Demonic Reailty was, to be honest, quite pleased to have the peace, for the past few days had been almost laughable. Through diligence had MFR been keep beneath hooves and forced to surrender acre after acre. That MFR had attacked their own faith verbally and with insult actually made her pity the Foret guilds for the thorn in their sides.

Nevertheless, what was done was done..and DR had prevailed. It was a given DR would have fallen to MFR had not TTH stepped in, but even Foret saw that MFR had struck badly and looked to make a quick grab for land. They now resided at the lowest level of poverty in Tonin. Perhaps it was lesson that they should be more weary of higher numbers in their quest for war.

Turning to Mallya and shaking her head. I dislike stupidity, especially when it masquerades as virture.

(ooc: No more posting in here from DR. This thread had become a travisty of good RP. /ooc)

Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:19 pm
Stablehand

ooc First, I have to say that the petty insults and jibes going back and forth in the 'guise' of roleplay leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Granted, no one likes to lose or such, but in the end, it is a GAME. Can we all just enjoy the game, roleplay our characters and not our feelings? /occ((OOC is supposed to be limited to 3 sentences. I've edited it to fit the rules.-V. Jasmine))

Fortifications were made for the night as the dark-haired, winged elfess and the grizzled, snow-maned elf moved around the perimeter of the camp. The elves were tired from the lengthy battle and Narissa hoped this night would be quiet so much needed rest could be gained.

Once assured that the camp was secure, Narissa loosened the control over her gifts slightly, allowing her senses to extend about the perimeter. She wouldnt sleep deeply this night but her elves could. Weariness marked the dark-haired, winged elfess' features as she ducked into her tent and prepared for the long night ahead.

Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:46 pm
Stablehand

Hold your fire! Call back the troops! Halt all caravans! Nitemare shouted as the scribes just came in. In fact, there was no scribes at all...

Something seemed strange. An eerie cold wind blew over his land which he managed to keep. There were no Dardens to be found anywhere. His crimson eyes scanned his surroundings, making sure this was not a surprise attack.

Maybe an arial view would serve me better.

Spreading his talon-lined wings, Nitemare took flight and hovered about 50ft in the air, slowly turning his body in a 360 degree motion. There were no heathens in sight.

It was quiet..... too quiet....

Fortify men... be at the top of your game... you could never tell with these heathens... Secure the kingdom walls... This might be a long night!

Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:02 am