It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Shooting the messenger (open) 
Stablehand

Post Shooting the messenger (open)
"My lord, a messenger from the heathens, carrying a flag of truce! He states that he has a message for you to be delivered direct!"

Epoch glanced at the runner, who was barely out of breath after the short sprint from the front gate to the decadent and newly constructed gladatorial arena. Before replying to the man, he turned back to regard the arena and gave a thumbs down gesture to one of the figures in the centre of the sandy floor. In response, gleaming steel fell to stain the golden sand with his opponent's blood.

"Bring him to me."

The runner nodded once, knowing his lord better than to linger once given a response, and sprinted off up the arena stairs and back to the front gate to the keep. Soon afterwards, the heathen messenger arrived; his black hair was pasted to his scalp with swear, and his skin was pale with fear as he approached Epoch on unsteady legs.

"I have a message from my lord the Steel Knight."

"Then give it to me and be done."

The messenger nodded, took half a step back from Epoch, and hurriedly delivered the message. "Who the Fuck are you. Why do you keep fucking attacking me. Fucking Ass Hole. Bitch. Stop it ass hole."

Epoch paused.

"What?"

"Who the Fuck are you. Why do you keep fucking attacking me. Fucking Ass Hole. Bitch. Stop it ass hole."

"Your lord bade you deliver that to me, Lord Epoch?"

The messenger nodded, and took another half step back. Epoch regarded the messenger for one long moment, turning the message around and around in his head with a soured expression as a wine taster does a cheap red, and gave a thumbs down to the guards behind the messenger.

Arterial spray painted the walls of the arena a glistening ruby red, and Epoch smiled thinly.

"Let's send a nice reply to this Steel Knight. Ready the first battalion, and have our allies do the same."

Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:33 am