It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 pm

Tweaked fate (invite) 
Stablehand

Post Tweaked fate (invite)
The old Holstein kicked at the bucket beneath her that was slowly filling with milk, and the warm liquid ran all over Miranda's shoes, and skirted her dress. "For the love of..." the mid-wife shouted as she pushed back, knocked her stool over, and fell on her behind. A disapproving sigh escaped her lips as she pushed back onto her feet, pulled the stool back beneath herself, and resumed the milking.

Things had always been so ordinary, and so routine in her life. She'd not done much of anything but work for the last several years, and today out of some obscure twist of fate... everything had changed. Tears had streaked and stained a face that had not seen the salty fluid from a tear in many many years, and as they flowed, she ran right into Mercari. Ran into the arms of a man she'd known for some time, but had never looked at like that before.

Brown locks pressed against the belly of the black and white spotted cow, as her head dropped onto it. Memories of the day flooded through her mind, and though some were troubling, many made her smile, and blush with a bit of embarrassment. Troubling ones included the extreme bond she felt with the man, and the utter attraction she experience, which she could tell was repeated back unto her by him. Miranda had spent many evenings, and mornings, and I would suppose.. afternoons, fantasizing about romantic encounters with various faceless men, and then there was always Helt, whom she'd felt a great deal of attraction for. But never had it been like this.

This stomach fluttering, heart racing desire for a man was utterly overwhelming. No man since her departed husband had ever made her feel like this.

Untying the Holstein and pushing her back out of her stanchion, her mind continued to wander. It wandered until the unmistakable clunk of hoof to bucket jerked her back to the present, and just in time to feel the warm milk running down the shins of her legs and into her shoes. "You're out to get me tonight, aren't you?" the widow hissed as she slapped the cow on the rear, and shoo'd her out the door of the barn. "Great, he'll be here in less than two hours to pick me up, and I have two shoes full of milk." she hissed again.

"Slush, slosh, slurp" were the sounds shoes made as Miranda's feet guided them to the chicken coup. They continued their ill fated noises as she spread the feed around for the birds, and tromped up to the house. The sloshing was drowned out by the rattle of the loose step as her foot hit it, and the woman stopped to stare at it. The step had been there since she and her late husband had moved in there.

Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:20 pm
Stablehand

What a day...and it's really only just begining.

Mercari shuffled various papers about, doing his best to give them some attention. But any words he read seemed devoid of meaning - his mind refused to connect the symbols and sounds on the page with any knowledge at all. Picking up and putting down seals and coins seemed to be a way to pacify the part of his mind that said he had important things to do just enough to give his near-total attention to his other, more compelling, thoughts.

Everything is just a fog. No, actually, it really isn't - it's so clear, but some part of me simply refuses to admit it. It's just a fantasy. I've had more than my fare share of those. But this seems to actually be part of...it actually touches something, connects to something real. How could that be? It couldn't.

Writhing about in an old wooden chair with a bit of padding clad to the frame with some well-worn leather, then giving up the fight to get comfortable and standing to pace, then sitting again, Mercari's mind played the same scenes and thoughts and visions over and over again.

With a brief flash of anger on account of frustration, he threw a few coins he'd been squeezing in his hand off into the darkness of his window-less study. The sound of them hitting and rolling across the wood floor seemed to snap him back into his own head.

There's just no way around it. This is...something. Something special. I don't...well, I don't want to believe I really understand it. It's hardly logical, much less reasonable. But it's just...

There's much to do to prepare for this evening, and I doubt I've much time left to do it. I'll just do the work of today tommorrow, as I've done so many times before. Hm, and I even have a good reason this time, which is quite the improvement.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:36 pm
Stablehand

"This is going to sour," the midwife mumbled to herself as she removed her shoes on the back porch of her large, if not dated home. An easy solution would of course be to wear a differant pair. Problem is, this is her only pair. Just then, dinner began to smoke in the old woden stove that sat in the middle of the kitchen, and the woman forgot the shoes while she tended to the bread. Thankfully, all was not lost... It was just a bit crusty, and would go well with the vegetable and rice stew that simmered on top of the stove, filling the old house with the aroma of freshly grown herbs she'd just plucked out of her garden.

Miranda's kitchen was quite modern for the times, as her husband had seen she had the best of everything. Thus, it was only a matter of a couple pulls on the hand pump in the sink to have fresh water routed directly into the house from the well. The not-so-young woman filled a pot with water, and placed it on the stove to heat for her bath before she rinsed out her milk laden shoes, and dropped them under the stove in hopes of drying them quickly.

Stomach fluttering, she in haled deaply, and set to ridding herself of wet clothing. 'Well, I said that I wouldn't have him here for dinner, but just look at what I got myself into." Considerations of her honor entered her thoughts for only a moment, before she let out a giggle in anticipation. "Shame on you, Miranda Gables." she muttered as she stripped off her clothing, getting a face full of milk as she pulled the old work dress over her head.

The house was warm from the stove, but a shudder still racked her body. Nerves, most likely.

Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:25 pm
Stablehand

Mercari stared at the blade in his hands almost suspiciously.

I wonder what the chances are of successfully shaving up a bit with this...thing, without slicing myself wide-open. He watched with an arched brow as his hand shook slightly - nervously - with blade in-hand. Hm, "not good," I should think. It figures that I'd break my only good Calaen short-blade when there's no way to get another one for...oh, weeks. Fabulous. Now I'll probably kill myself before I even get to be with Miranda...for dinner.

Mercari shakes his head at himself. Just dinner at a friend's house. A uniquely stunning lady friend's house who's made me blush for the first time in, oh, a decade, and caused me to think thoughts a monk would be thrown out of the bell tower for thinking...but then, I do suppose I'm no monk.

He grinned in spite of himself, then set about attempting to shave at least the sides of his face and the main part of his neck. His mind at times wandered off and he began shaving the air, or using entirely too much pressure and almost slicing himself wide open - but somehow he avoided any serious injuries.

Now, that was nothing short of remarkable. Mmm...so many remarkable things have happened, and it's only been a day. Under a single sun it is as if I've lived so very much more of life than I have ever before. She is incredible - she's even got me talking to myself now, out loud.

Laughing at himself, Mercari shed his last bit of clothing and slipped into his bath, no longer scalding hot thanks to his meticulous nature - it was a rather long shave, after all.

Wiggling about with a grin, his mind wandered to all manner of visions. Before hardly enough time passed for the dirt on his skin to dissolve he popped out of the bath with haste to get to Miranda as quickly as possible.

It seems like we've been apart an eternity...I don't know how I'll manage to say goodbye, even for a day.

Or maybe I won't have to...oh get a hold of yourself. I've still to get dressed and get my gift ready, it's a considerable walk to her home, and it's getting dark far too quickly.

Thu May 13, 2004 9:53 pm
Stablehand

The tepid water eased her mind somewhat as she slipped into it, and green eyes dropped shut as she laid head back against the small metal tub. Her toes made their way up the side of tub, and she stretched her legs out as tired feet dangled over the side. A groan escaped her lips as aching joints were eased by the warm bath, and her fingers snaked their way down her body and onto her thighs to rest. Miranda suddenly realized how much she needed to rest, and for a moment became so relaxed that she wished she could just go to bed.

Then his face made it's way across her thoughts, and fine lips curled at the thought. That's when a nap didn't feel so appealing anymore, and she let her long chestnut locks drop down into the water as she drew in and held a deep breath.

The glycerin she used to wash herself was soothing on dry skin that had seen far too much weather in it's years. It was her favorite part of her bath, and the excited woman took her time as she soothed it over wet skin, and into her hair. Her body reacted to her own touch, just as it usually did when she was quiet and alone like this, and she whimpered as she smoothed her hands across her flesh, and her body writhed slightly beneath then. Tonight there was a face to the partner that often accompanied her in her Ecstasy. this was her vacation from reality, and her chance to get in touch with the feminine side of her body. Tonight, Mercari took this journey with her.

Sat May 15, 2004 10:58 pm