It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:04 pm

The downfall of a thief.... 
Stablehand

Post The downfall of a thief....
It was a matter of honor really, Aspen reflected. She was one of the black dogs....an elite scout. And this damn man had security which was far far too good. She stared at the reports of her scouts, those who had survived, with angry reflection. She would break him....and break him hard. She bit down on her lip and started writing orders to be sent out to the single hope of success.

Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:27 pm
Stablehand

Cearin usually didn't take much notice of the doings on the outer realms of his kingdom. This time however it was different. There had been several attempts to break through his defenses. They hadn't been an amateur obviously. And for that he found himself flattered. That a skilled group of thieves could not discover the secrets of the kingdom which he ran.... Well..he could not claim the skill...nor the honor of that victory, as in truth he really didn't give a damn. He left that to his advisors. Security and otherwise.... But still.... he'd picked them.

"So...who is it that challenges our secrets?" he asked the advisor of security finally, near bursting with enthusiasm.

Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:03 pm
Stablehand

Her pale amber eyes surveyed her writing before sending it off. The message was precise. Get me the information...or else. It was not information was critical. The subject was, for all they knew, quite unallied... They had found no mention of this kingdom in all their searching. What did they know? That it was a country rich in agriculture....rich in health....and apparently, rich in stealth. Aspen did not like this last assett. If this last attempt did not work...well...she would just have to go on a journey herself.

Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:08 pm
Stablehand

"My lord," the young man bowed, his face flushed with...what was it? Embarassment? Dismay? "We found a number of our scouts....dead...their throats slit." He swallowed. "It was awful my lord."

Cearin regarded him, pursed his lips. "At last the culprit has defeated us." He shook his head. "Persistent one..."

"I want patrols increased. If they dare return, I want their name.....I want to see where they are from...and I will personally destroy their own scouts....tear their flesh....spill their blood." He licked his lips...a vile, agressive expression upon his face. "My secrets are now theirs...and theirs...theirs will now be mine....no matter how many die in the pursuit."
Cearin's voice had lowered to a growl.

Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:18 pm
Stablehand

It was dark and foggy out, silence was everywhere. The numerous sentries standing along the kingdom walls, scanned the horizon looking for anything out of the ordinary.

"So far everything is perfect ma Lord." informed one of Atlas' head scouts.

"Thank you and send my thanks to the guards, they are doing excellent so far." returned Atlas.

"I will do so Sir, g'night." The scout left the room. Atlas sat at his desk reading reports on how the kingdom was doing. The sentries were keeping their eyes out for a thief that had been reported numerous times in the previous days. This thief was elusive, a real pro...it would be a challenge to catch him.

Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:03 am