It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Mama told me not to go 
Stablehand

Post Allison and Natmoya
((OOC: Damn downtime thew me off so much, didn't realize this was back up :) ))

Natmoya heard the loud crack and pulled away from the busboy's eyes. She got up and walked as swiftly as she could manage, it was barely a fast walk.

She looked about and saw the debris settling around a figure, and slowly made her way there. The figure stirred slightly but wasn't moving.

This was easier than I thought... but where is my other sister...

She knelt down next the figure and removed a bit of wood from Allison's hair. "Are you ok, Allison?"

"...kill me..."

Natmoya frowned. "You had a nightmare the whole year, didn't you..."

"........ofcourse I did."

"C'mon... Let's get you fed or cleaned up or something. It's about to rain." she said as thick drops began plopping around them. "Well, it IS rainin."

"Then I'll let it fill my nose and I'll drown."

Natmoya was angered then. "Stop being so damn depressed, you haven't lost everything, you're alive and so am I and Sommie. Now stop talking like that!" She pulled Allison up by the arm and met eyes. Allison's eyes were more tired now, with a line on the end.

"We shouldn't have hibernated."

"We needed to." Natmoya sighed and let Allison lean on her. They slowly walked to the edge of the porch and sat in shelter of the rain.

Allison looked distant for a moment, staring at the ground, then looked up. "Where's Sommie?"

"I don't know yet, you're the first one I found."

Allison tightened her lips. "Were... were any of the Seedlings recovered?"

Natmoya didn't answer.

I never wanna die...[/url]

Thu May 22, 2003 1:21 pm
Stablehand

Yesterday morning Theirn had walked away from his family. He strode strongly down the path full of life and purpose. Yesterday evening he walked into the inn, alone and hungry. Not sure where he was going and rather uncertain as to whether leaving home was a good idea. Now, here he was, sitting in a leaky old barn with two new friends who were asking him to journey with them. Of course he would go. Of that there was no question.

Sure, I'll go with you. I've got nothing pressing to do. Other than look for adventure and seek my fortune that is. All I ask is that we don't head east. That is one direction that I would rather not travel.

The rain had slacked off a little. The patter of drops on the roof now sounded gentle, soothing. The door to the barn was cracked open and through it wafted a light breeze, carrying with it the fresh scent that rains brings. A scent of newness and beginnings.

Fri May 23, 2003 12:17 am
Stablehand

Allison shuddered as she sighed. There was nothing familiar in this world, the way it changed over the last year. She couldn't let herself think too long, she'd worry. Where was Sommie, and where are the Seedlings? Those little ones, they hope of an entire species. Were they really wiped out?

"I could kill myself for losing track of Oakmoss. She should be here, I should have had her stay in my tree with me. I was responsible for her."

"You don't know what happened, don't kill yourself yet. She was a strong kid, I'm sure she's out there. And even so, I'm sure we'll find one Tree, and new Seedlings to raise. You'll have a new charge to watch over."

She shot Natmoya a hard look and Nat looked away. "She wasn't just my cha-" her voice broke and she stood up, dizzy, and strode away. The back of her mind saw laughter and the flash of blue hair on a child swinging in a tree's branches. Come'en get me! I'll race you back!

She shook her head and walked over to the troughs by the barn. The rain was hitting hard and the trough was nearly full, she filled her hands with water and worked on scrubbing sap off her arms and face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((OOC: Seedlings: "baby" dryads. Oakmoss was a seedling, looked 7, Allison was raising her 1yr ago. You'll know what went on if you read any of the threads by Allison or Nneji Nightshade and the University, these are old threads that aren't available anymore*shortened*))

Last edited by Allison on Tue May 27, 2003 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 23, 2003 12:33 am
Stablehand

the night had came and went,slept did them all well,especailly goth. The excitement of others seamed to have worn him out. theirn and wes rolled slowly but all three stopped cold when they heard something outside the barn. They looked at each other then moved slowely to a crack in the wooden structure.

Goth slowely reached for a arrow with one hand the bow with the other as they walked. caution warned for still they did not know whose barn this was. Nor did they know what was making that ruckus at this time of the morning.

there were two of these intruders,well not realy intruders goth thought as he lowered his bow. Perhaps if we stay quite they shall just pass on there way he thought.

Mon May 26, 2003 4:40 pm
Stablehand

((OOC" *continued*Oakmoss is a safety name, a herbal name to protect from spirits, they choose as name when they are 13. The "Tree" isnt a normal tree, think mini-bonsai-oak, and from the seeds the Seedlings are planted. ))
-----------------------------
She knew there were men in that barn, the earth warned her of the presence of others. It sent a tingle into her feet to stimulate fleeing but she had learned long ago not to flee from the world. She turned directly toward them though she could not see them in the crack.

"I know you are watching me. There are three of you." she called out. "Planning to kill and rob me? Believe me there is nothing to steal and you can't kill me that easily."

She then melted as if she had transformed into mercury and sunk into the earth. She flowed through roots and worm tunnels and puddled from the den of an antlion behind them, taking her form again. In the dusty dark of the early morning in the barn all that could be seen was a short haired female shape, and blood dripping from her arms from her savage scrubbing.

"So I'll thank you to stop staring." Natmoya, get in here...

Last edited by Allison on Tue May 27, 2003 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 26, 2003 9:25 pm
Stablehand

Theirn's jaw dropped. Things were getting just too freaky. The morning had started out full of promise. Admittedly Theirn had been slightly disoriented at first. After all, this was his first night away from home, ever, and he had spent it in a leaky barn. Still though, after he got his bearings he found himself eagerly looking forward to the day. This, he thought to himself, this was the beginning of his life's grand adventure. The world was awaiting him and his two new friends.

Now though, now things were weird. The three of them had heard the noise outside the barn. Goth apparently didn't think it much of a threat as he had lowered his bow, so Theirn had not been worried. Then, all of a sudden a light female voice had called out to them. That not being bad enough, led to a female appearing behind them seemingly out of nothing. When she spoke her voice sounded very similar to the one that had spoken outside. Obviously though, it could not have been the same person. Additionally, she had called outside to someone or something named Natmoya. So, they were dealing with at least two beings. Things were not looking good.

The female that stood before them might have been cute, the light was too dim to tell, but she most certainly did have an attractive figure. Her voice was melodic, and Theirn was firmly convinced that, given time, it could have a very nearly hypnotic effect on him. Her stance was strong and spoke of confidence and power. Overall she created a very favorable first impression. Except for her scent.

The gentle odor that was wafting through the barn was odd. Not bad, just odd. A fresh spring rain. Freshly overturned earth. Bark drying in the sun. All of these and something else. A slight twang of something. An odor not as soothing as the rest. But what was it. Hmmm. Wait! Blood. Yes, that was it. Her scent was had a twinge of blood in it. Odd. So very odd.

Pulling himself to his full gangly height Theirn spoke, trying to make his voice as imperious and tough sounding as he could. It didn't work as his fear was obvious and his voice cracked at least three times.

You there. Umm. What do you think you are doing? Don't think you can rob us so easily....for we are....um.....we are....um....we are seasoned warriors. Yes. That is what we are. We are seasoned warriors and will not fall victim to your attempts to rob us. So, state your business or begone.

Mon May 26, 2003 10:10 pm
Stablehand

goth heard for a second theirns warning but it was so late or quite it didnt really sink in. he was startled by the voice from outside the barn,now inside the barn.it was all so frustrating to goth.without thought he snaped the arrow back and let it fly. it flew straight passed the girl and lodged into the loft of the barn.

theirn and wes both looked at goth as if to say,what was that,it wasnt even close. both just gave a distained look at goth and quickly turned back towards the girl.

playing that off as a warning shot would not work goth thought,it was such a pitiful attempt really. he had been doing so well in the forest when shooting at trees. although sometimes he hit the wrong tree and still took full credit. Things were just different when one was alone he figured.

so he just stood there head lowered in shame and waited and slowely reached for another just incase.

Mon May 26, 2003 10:37 pm
Stablehand

((ooc: when I use italics its thoughts or telepathy but ok :d))

Allison grinned. "Dear Gods, seasoned you say? With what, salt or pepper?" she laughed lightly and turned to pull the arrow from the log. "I mean really, were you THAT nervous? Well, at least you cheered me up."

Natmoya pushed open the doorway and looked in, recognizing the men from the tavern. "Allison what are you doing to these guys? Leave em alone."

"What? They were watching me, or one was. I just scared 'em a little." she laughed. "Good thing I didn't have my sword in hand, or he might have gotten that poor bucket in the corner, too."

Natmoya looked at Allison's arms and her eyes widened. "What on earth did you do?"

"Um, got rid of the damn sap?" Allison replied, wiping her right arm with her hand.

"With what, a saw??"

"No, but that may have worked to, just scratched it off with my nails. Scared of blood now Natmoya? You've become weak. C'mon it only looks bad, the scratches are shallow."

Natmoya frowned and sighed, then looked at the men. "Sorry, she's uh, cranky."

Allison laughed and walked out the doors, patting Nat on the head. "Cranky huh?"

Tue May 27, 2003 12:14 pm
Stablehand

Wes thwaped Theirn across the back of his head...

that was real smooth...

kinda like shaving with a butter knife you know?

Wes ran out the barn doors catching up with the two Dryads.

WAIT!!! Wait up...
The two stopped and watched Wes as he aproached Natmoya.
I wanted to thank you for the tip. I really apreciated it, anything I could do for you?

Tue May 27, 2003 11:32 pm
Stablehand

My the room got awfully warm all of a sudden. As the woman laughed at him Theirn found his cheeks flushing rapidly. He thought to himself that it would be rather nice to be able to sink into the ground right about now. Instead all he could do was hang his head shamefaced while Allison and Natmoya discussed sap removal, whatever that meant.

When the first woman, Allison, walked out the barn doors Theirn finally got a good glimpse of her. My, she was pretty. That is, if one could ignore the blood on her arms. Perhaps that is what she and Natmoya meant when they spoke of removing the sap. Regardless, Theirn was happy to see her leave, and not just because of the view that was provided.

When she had spoken to him Theirn had felt woefully inadaquate. She had made him feel exactly like the hayseed kid he was. But now, since she was leaving, he would be allowed to feel all macho and tough. Much more like the rough and tumble adventurer that he desired to be. Apparently though, Wes was much more enamored with the two ladies as he ran out of the barn, calling for them to wait for him.

Wed May 28, 2003 8:28 pm
Stablehand

Natmoya was flustered. "Um, I'm not sure. We're sorta, regrouping I guess. We haven't found our third sister and then we have a number of people to locate and items to recover. You could help us if you really feel a need to do something in return for the silver. The more scouts the better!" She smiled. Wes was a big guy and she sure didn't want to make him mad or feel insulted by any rejection, not until she was stronger.

She looked over at Allison, who was vanishing into a pine tree like a ghost through a wall, except instead of transparent she had taken on the physical appearance of quicksilver. The tree seemed to absorb her and she left no mark on its surface as she disapeared.

"I guess she's going to go get her sword out of storage. Before we went into hibernation she sorta sealed it in a void. Or at least that's my best explanation for the process." She looked at the men standing in the doorway. "Don't worry, she doesn't bite as often as she barks, but she does bite, hard."

I never wanna die...[/url]

Thu May 29, 2003 9:31 am
Stablehand

Post Ah, memories
She was aborbed by the tree and traveled downwards into the earth. She slipped down along roots, through earthworm holes, and downwards still. She slid over bones of giants lizards long past and where the most ancient of plant life had been pressed into stone. The pressure of this depth was almost too much for her when she broke through and landed in a giant cavern.

She solidified. Here the pressure was normal like above the ground. This was an enchanted place. It was the home of her Goddess. There was light, which came from no source. Or rather, the Goddess was the soft light that filled the cave. Allison breathed Her in and steadied herself. She had been here twice before.

Once, when she was a child and came to run the guantlet. It looked different then. The first test of the guantlet was surviving the earthen pressure on the way down. After there were winds that had blown her, she had to stay tucked as she walked and even then she roled backwards a few times. If she had looked up her eyes would have been blown into her brain and her neck would have snapped from the pressure of it. Then there was the Water. She was suddenly in over her head, it had simply appeared around her after passing the Wind test. She'd swum upwards and upwards, going for air. Her lungs had burned and nearly burst when she finally reached the top. The water disapeared, and last there was Fire, a great wall of it. That was where she almost turned back. One of the few ways a Dryad could really be killed, not debodied, was to seal her within a tree, cut off the roots and branches, and burn the trunk upright. She stood there watching it for an hour, but the flames never shortened. The wall was wider than she thought it was. She tried to run through qucikly but by the end of it her clothes, supply pouch, and her items in the pouch had all burned to ash, leaving only her.

The trials had been completed and the room filled with light. With Her. There was a large golden statue at the end of the room, and it's hands held out a sword.

However, this was a very long time ago. Her second visit was a year ago, and this is where Allison had stored the Dryad Sword.

It was beautiful, a deep black obsidian blade with golden Dryadic runes etched into the flat. It was held by a solid jade hilt shaped like an oak, with the details etched with gold, and glowed green with a spell that made the fragile obsidian as hard as diamond. It was even more striking held out by the golden statue, a woman sitting sidesaddle on a tree branch, arms outstretched, with bright emeralds for eyes. All the Dryads had very bright green eyes.

She slowly removed the sword from Her hands, hooked it to the strap on her belt, and melted with it, going back to the surface.

Thu May 29, 2003 10:11 am
Stablehand

Not relly waiting for the others to come out of the barn Wes made up his mind...

If it is in my abilities, I will gladdly help find your friend. Not sure how much help I will be though

Wes Shrugged his shoulders a bit and watched as Theirn and Goth came walking out of the barn.

You will have to forgive me though, I am rather naive to most the world. Been trapped in one town my whole life...

So, what are your names, and what exactlly are you? I mean no offense...

Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:48 am
Stablehand

Natmoya laughed. "Ok, I'm Natmoya, and that's my bloodsister Allison, and we're looking for our third bloodsister, Somara. We're an experimental breed of Dryad. Experimental sounds strange doesn't it?"

"We kinda just formed, we suppose by the Goddess's will. A young secret earth Goddess, not one of the major 3 Gods and Goddess. We think she may be a daughter of Foret. She created these little trees which drop glowing seeds, which sprout and when the seedling has grown a few feet tall a young Dryad comes out of it, like you saw Allison going in and out that tree to get her sword. Then we just adopt the Seedlings, as we call them, and raise them. It's all female, we've never seen any male Seedlings." she explains. "We're different than normal Dryads. Our tradmark is we've all had the same bright bright green eyes, see?" she said, pointing her eyes and then at Allison, though Allison had turned her back to clean her sword with a rag from the barn.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:22 pm
Stablehand

goth looked at theirn,with dismay,for thier new found friend so quickly left them in the barn. funny this one wes,he is flighty as the wind. First he decides travekl with us would be a real adventure,then he runs off at the first sight of something new and exciting. These were the way of friends goth thought,one reason to have so few he figured. He would have to watch this one for sure,one must know who can be counted on when teh times comes,of course in the end,its the bow that is truely trustworthy

hey wes,goth yelled wait for us. slamming theirn on the back and draggin him through the door they fumbled outside. eager for adventure,and who knows perhps these dryads held some. one never knew.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:32 pm
Stablehand

Theirn had never seen Goth so excited. Not that he had seen very much of the elf. After all, they had only met the day before. Still though, when Wes had gone outside to talk with the pretty ladies Goth's eyes had lit up and he practically dragged Theirn out the barn door. Staggered by Goth's rough handling Theirn banged his knee on the barn door. He managed to take two incredibly awkward steps more before stumbling to the ground.

Face first, dust in his ears, Theirn heard most of Natmoya's description of herself and her sisters. Not that it made a lot of sense to him, but, at least he heard it. Struggling to his feet, his cheeks feeling mighty warm again, Theirn slapped at the dust on his pants and shirt. Things were not going well. In the few minutes since this dryad with the incredible green eyes had come into his life he had made a complete fool of himself. First, he was a tounge tied blithering idiot. Now, he was a bumbling inept lummox. No. Things were not going well at all. However, this morning alone had provided him with more excitement than his entire previous life, so perhaps things weren't all bad.

Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:00 am
Stablehand

Allison watched Theirn being dragged around by Goth, then his attempts at dusting off barndust while standing in the mud and sprinkles, and raised an eyebrow, then just shook her head and went back to cleaning her sword. Would she rather kill them and take the gold, or just hit them with the broadside of the sword to knock them out and stop these shananigans. Unable to reach a decision she decided to just tune them out, they may be handy later. She attached her sword to her belt next to the purse, and looked around.

She couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, but this time she could not detect a direction the energy was coming from. She scanned the trees and rooftops and there was nothing hiding among the dark gray of the fading rain. The sun was starting to rise and there was a sludgy red light making its way out of the rainclouds.

"We should either move on or go in to eat first, it's slacked off for now but could rain later. This may or may not be the only tavern we can take shelter in, I don't know how good you are at survivng in the wild." she said, looking right at Theirn on the last sentence.

Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:13 pm
Stablehand

moving on apealed to goth,as he also looked towards the sky. The days of finding shelter in trees were commen to him,but wes looked a little green. It would be fine he thought,the thought of conversation might be worth the extra effort actually.

his new found adventures moved well,not as silently as he of course,but when out in the open it didnt matter really he figured. for goth though he always moved and thought about his movements. as if practicing for later. they would walk some then rest some,grabbing fuits and berries from the bushes when seen along side the paths.

these small breaks were great opportunity for practice,practice with his bow. that was of course well needed. occasionaly he would find a small branch of great strenght and would hack it away witht he edge of his knife. these branches later would be fletched into mighty arrows mof great distance and opportunity.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:15 am
Stablehand

"I think we should head into town first, we can get any supplies we'll need." Nat said.

"Like what?" Allison asked. "Food and stuff? I can hunt food just fine. Come up underneath it from the ground or ensnare it in roots."

"That, and I kinda want to find real clothes. I dunno what happened but when I came outta hibernation I was fricken naked, I had to steal a sheet off a clothes line and make a sorta toga from it."

"I thought you were going through a phase."

"Har har. Ok, well I am going to town, you can sit here in the mud if you want." Natmoya turned down the road toward the village. "Shops should be opening soon." she called.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:54 pm
Stablehand

Allison wiggled her toes in the mud and watched Nat walk off.

She looked at the others. "Go ahead if you want." She shrugged. "I haven't eaten in a year, I want food..." She walked off into the tavern and ordered herself a large plate of baked salmon and sat at a corner table to eat. She looked pretty happy now.

The sun was completly up but was shrouded in gray clouds. It was damp outside, and muddy. At least the rain stopped.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:05 pm
Stablehand

Biting his tounge was probably the smartest thing Theirn did that day. When Allison made her pointed remark about their ability to survive in the wild Theirn managed to keep himself from saying anything. Not that any kind of retort he could have come up with would have been appropriate, or even intelligble for that matter. Instead he stayed quiet and just listened.

As Allison and Natmoya discussed their plans Theirn realized that they were talking as if he, Goth and Wes were not even there. It seemed obvious even to Theirn that mortals such as they were just afterthoughts to the dryads. For some strange reason Theirn was not bothered by this.

Natmoya turned and headed into town and Allison to the inn. Allison suggested that boys should do as they liked. Remember their conversation from last night Theirn decided rather quickly.

C'mon guys. Let's head to town with Natmoya. The sooner we get away from here the better.

Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:45 pm
Stablehand

Allison sat at her table, finishing off her salmon. However she couldn't enjoy her meal, it still felt as if something was stalking her, and she was glad the others had gone to town.

In the woods a warped spirit sat in wait among the trees, losing coverage with sunrise. The leaves around it were slowly turning brown, as if the spirit was sucking the life from the trees. It glowed red softly and honed in on Allison's energy in the tavern and Natmoya's energy heading toward town. Who to prey upon first? Natmoya had others with her, but Allison was alone.

Allison felt a shiver go up her spine. She got up and left two silvers on the table for her meal and dashed out the door before Caldera could notice. The presence was coming from the trees near the road, and she squinted trying to see what was there. There was definatly an energy in the trees.

She pulled out her sword and stood ready. "C'mon... where are ya..." Why can't I see this thing.... she wondered.

Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:23 pm
Stablehand

wes and theirn looked at virch,well they said,now what do we do. oh who needs them anyways,we are young and have many many adventures ahead. Goth headed down the road with theirn and wes closely behind.

he had not said anything at the time but he knew for some reason he would see these dryads again. it was nothing he could place,but more a feeling he had. like the one he soemtimes felt when danger lay ahead. it was more like that empty feeling in the pit of his stomach when he hadnt eatin for days. that is a whole different story anyways.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:31 pm
Stablehand

The transparent red figure dashed down from the trees and over the lawn toward Allison. She saw only a red blur before she was sent flying backwards on impact and landed on her back with the wind knocked out of her.She sucked in air desperately like a fish and gathered herself back up, holding out her sword. Dazed, she saw a blurred figure now perched on the tavern roof. Who... The figure pounced toward her again, this time she deflected it with the sword and stumbled back but regained her footing. The figure stood about 20 yards from her, now with a white slash on its red body. So it's mortal, it's hurt.... good.

Meanwhile...

Nat went into the first open store with women's clothing, figuring the boys would hang around outside or find something to occupy their time. She managed to find a purple cotton tunic in a close enough color to her "toga" and then a tanned leather skirt that went about knee length. For the money it was good quality so she changed into that, paid the shopkeeper five gold for the tunic and 6 for the skirt. Then she tightened her ponytail and went back outside to look for the fellas. Maybe Allison had caught up to them all from the tavern by now?

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:35 pm
Stablehand

Their decision made the three young adventurers headed down the road and into town. Theirn had originally thought to follow Natmoya, but Goth had quickly convinced him that their current path lay on travelling alone. Perhaps later the three of them would meet up with the stunningly beautiful dryads.

Reaching town they all realized that no true adventure would be found there and, after a short discussion, decided to continue down the road and pass right through town without stopping. About halfway through though, in front of a dilapidated store, Goth paused.

Guys, go on ahead. I'll catch up with you soon. Don't worry about me, just keep on walking.

Wes and Theirn abided by Goth's wishes and made their way out of town. The morning sun was warm on their cheeks as they walked and both of them related some of their experiences prior to meeting yesterday at the inn.

About an hour and a half or so later they heard laughter from the side of the road. There, sitting on a boulder in the shade of a generous oak was Goth. In his hand was a wine skin and at his feet lay a rather full sack.

About time you two got here. I was starting to think there wouldn't be anything left to share.

Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:16 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next