It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Mama told me not to go 
Stablehand

The creature hurled at her again and sent her flying backwards. She landed hard against a pine tree and immediatly sunk down as liquid into the ground. Son of a bitch... I can't take this alone. she thought, and telepathied to Natmoya Meet me outside, stand ready for battle.

Nat snapped awake from her gazing off into space and wakened her senses. She was sitting in the middle of the square by a fountain. There are several people here, don't lure it here!! but her message was too late, she could see Allison appearing and disapearing at intervals down the road, luring this creature toward the town. Suddenly Allison was next to her with her sword ready. "Here it comes, it's fast, hits hard. DUCK!" She pushed Nat aside as it ran into them, knocking Nat onto the ground and sending Allison right into the damn fountain.

"What the F***?!?" cried Nat, placing her hands toward each other and randomly sending a green ball of energy flying in It's direction, dodged as it was.

Allison scrambled out of the fountain and charged, sword out. The creature stepped aside and shoved Allison into a building. The grass below It's feet withered and browned.

Nat watched with her eyes wide. "It just sucked the life out that grass! Don't let it get you!" She hurled another burst at it and the creature staggered, then charged toward her. Nat melted into the ground and reappeared on the other side of the fountain. The speedy creature made a wide turn, sending many carts and cart pushers flying against walls. "Allison, it's only playing with us, like a cat and mouse...OOF!" she was sent backwards into an open shot door, knocking packages of herbs and medicines off the shelf.

By now the villagers had fled the area, and a small troop of soldiers arrived. The creature seemed to vanish into mid air. Nat came crawling out of the store in time to see soldiers poorly attempting to capture Allison, believing her to be the culprit of this disturbance of the peace.

"Bug off, I was defending myself dammit! There was this.... THING attacking me!!"

The soldiers looked at each other like What a loonie... and attempted to surround her. She growled as they closed in and then melted, slipping right through their fingers. Nat melted as well before the shopkeeper could grab her hair for knocking so many items over. The two reappeared several miles outside the city, an hours walk ahead of the Theirn, Wes, and Goth's current locations.

"Great, now we're wanted..." sighed Nat.

"That's not our main problem, that thing will be back." Allison reminded her, and sat down under an oak tree.

"It seemed to suck out the life from the grass it stood on. If that snacks on plant energy then..." pondered Nat.

"Yup, we're the main course." Allison sighed.

"Ah... fudge..." Nat stood in the sun for a moment and then sat down in the shade with Allison. "So.... how long do you think it'll be till it tracks us down?"

Allison frowned. "If it can trace our slides, in a few moments. If not, I dunno. Depends which direction it tries first."

Both girls had dark brown bruises where they had been hit.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:59 pm
Stablehand

leaving the others behind and heading off to the shops was the best way to grab some grub. goth always pretended to be the great hunter,but those close to him figured very quickly he was not all that. more a simple thieve,with high hopes and donning ambition. The door quickly and silently lay open with a simple touch of his hands he entered teh empty store.

the store itself was quaint,and simple,a few wall hangings not dusted in years,and a few simple relics lay about the shelves. he grabbed a old sack and stuffed a few loaves of bread inside. made his way swiftly from one side to the work benches to the other.a small chunk of half eatin cheese and a bottle of wine found tehre way into his bag as well. turning to leave a flicker,or was it a glimmer either way something caught his eye.

it was a amulate,not polished but not dull either.he snatched it and tossed it into the bag without much thought and headed back to meet the others.

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:17 am
Stablehand

sitting atop a rock the hours passed slowely and goth tipped his wine. his thought strayed as the waves consumed him. a few bites of bread and cheese and soon the feast was layed out on the rocks in which he sat.it was then he prepared to view the new tricket for teh first time.

the amulate polished by rubbing on his pant leggs began to shine and sparkle. it was then he noticed what was so special about this. this was not random luck he figured,nor was finding theirn and wes. the peices falling into place like three sides of the pyramid. like the amulate,three sided with small etching along the sides. not recognizable to goth. gibbirish was just that to the simple man,just pretty to look at.

wes and theirn finally made there way up the road,they smiled and began to trot when they saw goth. goth of course figured they were hapy to see him again. well right until they grabbed at the bread. and snatched the wine from his now shakey hands.

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:23 am
Stablehand

soon theirn noticed goth staring off into the distance,but more staring into the amulate itself. he asked what goth had found,and goth said oh,this old peice of junk as if it were nothing,he knew that was not the case.

goth tossed the amulate to theirn,i beleive this belongs to you my friend. theirn of course refused,with a simple i can not take that from you. Its ok goth replied,i have one just like it.

goth reached under his shirt and showed theirn the almost same exact piece. he had worn this close to his person since he was a child never sure why he kept it ,he just knew not to lose it.

wes stared in amazement as his two new friends stared at each other.

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:30 am
Stablehand

Natmoya shrugged and got up, dusted off her skirt, and looked at the sun. It was almost noon.

"I dunno 'bout you Alli but I'm hungry." she said. "I'll build a fire for cooking if you go get a rabbit or something."

"You're hungry already?"

"I didn't have breakfast." she replied.

"Ah... ok, I'll see what I can do." Allison said. With that, she melted and went off to try and take something by surprise.

Nat went about gathering wood and put them all in a pile on the side of the road. She put her hands together and made a ball of flame, and tossed that into the sticks. After a moment the little fire sprang to life. She went ahead and walked around the woods, where she could still see the road, to get some larger branches for fire.

((ooc: yeah, Allison's the warrior, Nat's the magician.))

Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:19 pm
Stablehand

Its just something stolen...
Its what Goth was good at though, it seemed to be his calling in life, the shadows the quick hands.

Eh, you hold on to it for now Goth... But this wine tastes great... Don't suppose you found any meat to go with the rest of our meal?

But lets walk and eat we would do better off getting to wherever we are going sooner then later.

Wes grabbed the bottle of wine and started on down the road.
COME ON GUYS!

Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:12 pm
Stablehand

Theirn stared at the amulet in amazement. Because of his somewhat poor upbringing gifts had always been a rarity in his house. Usually, when gifts were given they were were essential items, things like clothing. This, both because of its nature and because it was given so freely by someone he just met was incredible.

The amulet was triangular in shape with a small loop of metal at the top so that it could be hung from a string or chain. Tarnished as it was, Theirn could see that it was made from some sort of silver metal. Their was writing along all three edges of the item. It was thinly etched in a looping style. Theirn, though not illiterate, had no clue what it said.

It seemed truly odd, but somehow fortuitous that Goth had the same exact amulet. Perhaps fate was in the process of selecting them for something more than just random adventures.

Hearing Wes call for them to come along Theirn shoved the amulet in his pocket and grabbed some bread from Goth, eating it as they walked along.

Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:36 pm
Stablehand

Allison slipped through the earth, and picked up on the energy flow of a pack of wild pigs. She slipped beneath a strong spot in the earth, and thrusted her sword.

All anyone would have seen was an obsidian blade suddenly shoot up from the ground and spear a large pig from the group. The pig screamed and kicked as blood poured from the wound; the rest of his pack fled in all directions with squeals.

It was a technique she developed when she was only about 465 years old. Dryads have a life span of about 10,000 years, if nothing ends that early. She was currently 1038, Natmoya was 1036, and Somara, the baby, was 984 yrs old. They hoped to locate her soon.

Allison rose from the earth and first sawwed off the pig's thick head. She set that on the ground, it was something she could throw to wolves if they smelled the blood or cooking food later. She kneeled and peeled the skin and layers of fat from the meat and hunt the meat from a tree for a moment to let all the blood drain onto the ground.

About half an hour later she took it down again and carved out the organs, placing them with the head, again for the wolves. She could feel their energy drawing close in the forest. She had hunted in their domain, and they knew it. It was only right to leave them payment. She melted with the meat in hand and went back to where Natmoya had the fire.

The wolves arrived five minutes later, delighted though confused to find a dinner of entrails and pig's head.

Don't let her look you in the eye boy[/url]

Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:03 pm
Stablehand

as they walked quite brought itself upon them,except for that annoying trudging of the feet from wes. goth was noticable aware of the surroundings and the slight distaction from this one caused him much disern. he looked towards thein and asked,what do you suppose those writings mean? on the amulate? thein looked blank faced and and wrinle a brow. I have no idea he answered.

i have ahd this one for so long,since a small child really,i have always wondered myslef. now finding another so simlilar makes me very curious,it was curious even that i noticed it at all really he said.

perhaps we cna make our way to the next town and find a cleric or clergy to help us with the writing.

and they moved onward down the path.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:01 pm
Stablehand

Post On that same road
Nat had her fire just right and had built a spit when Allison arrived with the pork.

"Nice piggy!" Nat smiled.

Allison slid pork onto the spit and sat down agaist a tree. Nat turned the spit occaisonally while the meat juiced and browned on the outside. The smell of smoked ham permeated the surrounding area for a mile or so.

Don't let her look you in the eye boy[/url]

Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:17 pm
Stablehand

Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:39 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3