It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:36 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Reunion of Blood (Invite Only) 
Stablehand

Post Reunion of Blood (Invite Only)
OOC: Please do not post unless Losa has invited you...

Continued from:

http://www.evernight.com/boards/canon/viewtopic.php?t=3333

IC:

Her mind made up, she knew exactly what it was she was going to do and nothing Losa said was going to get her to think any different. Besides, what her husband didnt know wasnt going to hurt him, granted once he found out what she was up to he might kill her but that was a risk she was willing to take. She wasnt going to let him leave her behind, or make her stand as a silent observer.
With a soft smile on her face she leaned down to kiss his cheek.
When she spoke her words reeked with innocence and she behaved like the perfect obedient wife.

I'll do whatever you ask of me angel, it is time I started acting like a wife and mother as it is, besides what good would it do us if I defied you at every turn? As for who you should take with you.... Alec, that is just a given love I trust him above no other save yourself, and he will want Raynalia with him, and possibly his sister Ariela, you have yet to meet her but she can be trusted. I only have one request angel, if for any reason you should need more from me, please do not hesitate to call upon me, I dont think I could live with myself if something happened to you that I could have prevented.

Giving him another smile, her secret plans remained safe and would stay as such until it was time to fill her husband in on the little deception she had planned. And then she knew, she would truly be stepping into hell.

Mon May 12, 2003 3:43 pm
Stablehand

*he shakes his head* Love I know you are up to something else, but I also know you will be near if I need you. But promise me love you will not get in the middle. If harm was to come to you it would literally kill me. I know you want to be there Kiara it is how we both are, so why not get rid of the cover and go and talk about whatever it is that you are cooking up. I have a feeling you have ideas of something that might work. I know you better than you think spitfire you would never let me walk into something without you there just as I would not let you. And yeah I know those were the ones that you would choose somehow it does not surprise me that Alec all of a sudden has a sister

*he grins at her and winks*

Mon May 12, 2003 4:01 pm
Stablehand

Blinking Kiara did her best to contain the sly smile while still seeming innocent, sometimes she wished her husband didnt know her as well as he did, but she thought, she could try and make him believe that she really didnt have anything up her sleeve.

I was only thinking angel, that maybe Ariela could maybe stay at the Hall of Shadows to well to tend to Aidan and maybe you might allow me to accompany you and Alec? I mean really I could be of great use to you Losa, as much as I trust Alec I am not quite comfortable with the ideal of you being without me even if I wouldnt be that far off.
Perhaps it would be wise to discuss the best course of action once Alec arrives. I know hes not going to be in the best of moods, he had requested time away months ago, and here I am calling him home, but I know once he hears what is happening or could happen, I have no doubt that he will come running probably with Cole at that.

Perhaps the elf had read her thoughts, no sooner had she spoken when the woman came down the stairs nodding her head in a manner that made the top knot upon her head bob. She answered the elf with a slight nod of her head and turned back to Losa.

He'll be here tonight at the latest. Tell me now angel, what do you have in mind about ridding yourself of this new threat? What do you think this cousin of yours is capable of? You know I have always liked the idea of bait angel, entrapment is most often the best way to go about such things. Its the element of surprise, and as you know, there isnt anyone on this world better at the element of surprise than I. A most valuable attribute that is dont you think?

Tue May 13, 2003 11:08 am
Stablehand

*he had to laugh slightly at her as he leaned over and kissed her* You know Spitfire, you can not pull one over on me just as I would not be able to pull one over on you. It is not worth trying to trick the other, we need to be straight with each other cause if we do not have that what do we have.

I know that you could be a great help to us Spitfire, but you can also be a distraction. We will have to talk things over with Alec when he gets here, I have sent for the mage as well. The course of action will be determinred once we get at least Alec and the mage here. We would be dealing with something very dangerous either way. I am sure my cousin will find out that I have a family and trust me that he wont let me have happiness. That is something that I know for sure. He is not the type to let anything go, and I know that he will not let this go. We can figure this out I am sure. I have called for Balder and Starfire is already here. There is no telling what will happen. I have no idea who he will have with or what. Nikita will be getting called by that not by Nikki cause Nikki is also the name of cons wolf. This could be interesting but could also be dangerous.

*He looked between her and Aidan taking him up into his arms*

Everything is going to be ok, I got this guy to make me know that I have to do this and take care of the problem once and for all. I know he is capable of everything that I am but even greater things. I will have to think over this a bit with you once this little one gets to a nap, but down here might not be the best way. I am sure that you can have a hand in this. I know you are very valuable in many wayst, I mean I know all the different ways in life you are valuable to me and to others. But I do not want to put you in as bait would be too hard for me to concentrate on what needs to be done. He and I need to settle this one on one. It has to be ended this way, so it can be a permanent end to it mi love

Tue May 13, 2003 4:03 pm
Stablehand

Broad shoulders sagged in silent defeat though there was no war, dark eyes the same as the hair that covered his head continued to stare upon the waters of the scrying pool, the image of the elven thief Raynalia no longer reflected still her words echoed in his head. Kiara was need of him, much to his surprise she had asked the elf to request that his sister accompany him to the Hall of Shadows, to watch over the newborn babe Aidan. He hadn't even been aware that the lady had given birth to the lad until he had spoken with the elf. A grim look filled with the thoughts that nothing good could come of whatever Kiara was planning. Turning away eyes of blue bore down on him filled with questions. He shrugged having no answers.

I don't know what the lass is up to, but she has called for me, you know that I must go, I am certain however that once her plans are revealed we will all be called into duty. She has me worried Cole, if she had come herself or even met me in the pool instead of sending Raynalia perhaps I would not be filled with such a forboding feeling, add that she has asked for Ariela to the list and I know there is danger close by.

He moved across the room in two great strides to sit beside his secret love, the lines of worry etched in his face reflected in Coles eyes.

Alec, you cannot worry yourself so, do not think that I don't worry, I do, I just know our sister, Kiara is proud and strong, but above all else that woman is devious in ways we can't possibly imagine, it is what makes her a great leader. Whatever she is up to, we will go and we will see just how bad it may be. Do not lose faith in her Alec, she has done nothing to deserve that, if she has called for you, and surely she will send for the rest of us later, then she has been threatened. You know as well as I what happens when that woman is threatened, and may the gods see fit to have mercy on whoever the fool may be.

Wed May 14, 2003 10:31 am
Stablehand

Her jaw almost hit the floor, she followed behind Losa as he led the way to the room upstairs Oriana and Raynalia had thoughtfully transformed into a little nursery for Aidan and she was still having a hard time believing that Losa thought his cousin better than himself.
Whoever Condrik was, she had the feeling that there was even more to him than what Losa was letting on, that alone had put her in a mood to spill some blood. She waited patiently for Losa to put their son down for a nap, her heart warmed enough to settle the slight anger , the sight of the warrior handling the tiny baby with such tenderness was enough to make her forget for just a moment that there were bigger worries and trouble ahead.
Going to his side she looked down at her son then to his father, leaning up she kissed her husbands cheek whispering in a no room for arguement tone..

He is the reason I will not be left out or left behind Losa, I will be involved in this as much or as less as it pleases me and angel there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

Wed May 14, 2003 11:38 am
Stablehand

*He wraps his arms around her and kisses her deeply and nuzzles her* My love I know you will have a part in this. You are right I should not limit you on this, I just know that this showdown has to be between us and needs to have an end to it. We will figure out what to do, we are better as a team anyways. I know I am not sounding very positive about things I know that it will be a challenge but we will be fine I am sure. I am not sure what else to say or anything love, but once Alec is here we will tlak something out. But as it goes it has to be that I settle this.

Wed May 14, 2003 4:30 pm
Stablehand

I was ready to rip my hair out, my eyes disbelieving what they had read, who in the hell did he think, did they think they were? Woken in the dead of night, ripped from my dreams by the pounding on my door had put me in a foul mood, donning my robe to cover my bare skin, the sounds of bare feet slapping against stone echoed in my room. The surprised look on the face of the young man sent to deliver what I would later learn was a summons had been priceless causing my mouth to turn in a slight smile, that same smile broadened turning into something more. I had to admit to myself, he was a prize to be had for certain. Hair as black as ravens wings, eyes as blue as the sea, a body not too hard but certainly not soft, trim and muscled in all the right places, he was just what I needed to soothe my temper. I drank him in appreciatvely and soon I was no longer angered but I can say I was definately.... satisfied.
Once my business with him was through I sent him away with a dazed expression and a smile on his face while I saw to the scroll laying atop the stand next to my now mussed bed.
Annoyance pricked my temper once more and I thought I might call my latest of conquered back to me but thought better of it, the gossip of my "wild" ways was already filling the keep spilling out into the town, I didnt need to add to it anymore than I already had.
In the scroll I read that I was being called back into duty to serve the lady Kiara Conner once more. I thought back to what had once been happy times, remembering the day that I Ariela Ravine had become part of the prestigious Elite formed by Hugh Connor and passed down to his daughter. Kiara and I had at one time been as close as she is now to my brother Alec and there had been a time when I would have laid my life down for the both of them, but as it is with life, circumstances changed the way I looked at Alec and while I have never hated Kiara, the way she defended my brother casting me aside, practically choosing him over me, had opened my eyes to another world. A world outside of the Elite and the Council.
So I packed what few belongings I had and set out on my own and soon I became one of the best spies of our world. That was a long time ago, I have made my fortune and since then retired, every now and then I will do some work for close friends, but my days are filled with the running of my home and the overseeing of the farming that is done.
Now after all this time I am called upon to return to the fold. The scroll held very little detail, only that Kiara was in need of me, that all would be explained should I chose to arrive at the hall of shadows......................

Thu May 15, 2003 9:27 am
Stablehand

She whispered her husbands name not wanting to wake the sleeping babe, it was important that she pull her husband away from their sons side long enough to have a conversation free of thoughts of anything but what they were to do next. Slipping her hand into his she tilted her head towards the door signaling it was time to go back downstairs and she led him from the room back to the table they had been sitting at before. A She acknowledged Starfire once more with a slight nod of her head as she took a seat in one of the chairs then started discussions up again.

We need to return home, Ariela has been sent for and has been asked to go to the hall, Alec knowing him as I do will probably arrive here first and then he will go to the hall, we cant wait for him, I need to be there when his sister arrives, its very important that I am there for her, I'll explain once we are home, just know that if she ever tries to get you alone Losa I'll kill her. I trust her with our son but I sure as hell do not trust her with you.

Her eyes went wide when she heard the words come from her mouth, she hadnt wanted to say as much as she had about Ariela, not until she could tell Losa the womans entire story or rather her history, and she knew she probably piqued her husbands curiosity but she changed the subject too quickly for him to ask.

Has Starfire said anything as far as how close this cousin of yours is? We need to know how much time we have....

Thu May 15, 2003 12:51 pm
Stablehand

*his hand went to hers and held it* We will leave for home whenever you want to. Love even if she was alone with me you could trust what would happen because I love you. I love you and I would never let anything happen that would betray any vow made to you. Starfire has no idea how far off he is now but has people watching I am sure. We will bring Starfire with us too he can be of a help. It is something we can use him in figuring out too. Balder may not make it before we go but I will leave something for him. He is not someone who would let me down. I trust them as much as you trust the Elite.

Thu May 15, 2003 1:14 pm
Stablehand

The moment the couple stepped inside the main hall they were surrounded by the many who made up the staff of the hall of shadows, the women cooed over the small bundle in Kiaras arms and the men pounded Losa about the shoulders shouting their congratulations pausing long enough to boast what a fine addition the boy made to the family. Cheeks were kissed hands were shook, and Kiara gently placed Aidan in his fathers arms taking the opportunity before her to slip away.
While Losa was being kept busy she would gather her private council and the search for Losas kin would begin. She knew Losa wanted to confront his cousin on his own terms but she was not pleased with the slow pace in finding the man or any information about him.
Slipping into the council room she whirled about and found herself staring into the greenest eyes she had ever seen. A smile spread slowly across her face and she threw herself in the arms of the green eyed one hugging him tight.

Let me guess! Your here just incase we came home and hes on his way to the Inn?

Grinning the man nodded and returned her hug with one of his own, and then he stepped back with a scowl on his face...

Who is it this time?

Sighing she sat at the head of the table and motioned for him to sit...

Seems one of Losas cousins doesnt like him very much. Big surprise there eh? I dont know much about him except that their rivalry runs very deep and was started early on in their lives. His name is Condrik, find out as much as you can Cole, Losa needs to confront him on his own but he never said we couldnt help in some way. If you find him, Cole, dont do anything just report back to me and me alone.

Another nod of his head, the man rose and took his leave, his orders were clear, finding the cousin wasnt going to be a problem, keeping Kiara from getting in any deeper than she already was, however was going to be a different matter altogether.

Thu May 15, 2003 1:33 pm
Stablehand

*he finally got to her side* I know you have thigns up your sleeve and I need to know what is going on. We need to make sure that we are going about the same things. We need to work together not apart. I want to know what you have in the works Kiara this is not a time for us to be divided by anything. I need you Kiara you know that, and I need you to work on this with me.

As a family we can do anything, we are stronger than anything when we work together. I love you and I want to take care of this for all of us. My thoughts is he may not come alone but knowing him he will. I will not have it be said i needed helped in taking him down. This is my fight promise me spitfire you will let us face each other.

Thu May 15, 2003 1:52 pm
Stablehand

He found her sitting in her place at the head of the Council table in the council room, when stood beside her she rested her head against his side and nuzzled against him with a sigh.

All I did was send Cole out, Alec may be the best at killing game but Cole is the best at finding it. I understand that you have told me all you can of your kin angel but for me it is not enough. I recognize that this in the end this is your battle but for my peace of mind, I need a plan of action that will ensure no harm comes to you. I have to admit Losa, when you said that he was better than you, it set me on edge....

She lifted her head to look up at him and her hand went to his face cupping his cheek..

There is so much we do not know, where he is, how strong he is, and these are the things I need to know. I am not keeping anything from you and I do promise you that I will stay wherever it is you wish me to once the time comes for you to face him, but I will not stand by and watch should it look like you are in more danger than you can handle. We are in this together Losa, and I could not survive knowing I did not help you should something go wrong.
Aidan needs his papa as so does his mother

Fri May 16, 2003 8:56 am
Stablehand

*he puts his arm around her and runs his hand through her hair* Love I have to believe him to be stronger than I. I can not underestimate him if I think myself better than him he can catch me off guard but if I think him better I will continue to think ahead and go at this as if I am against the odds and I work better that way. Cole will need to be careful if Condrik catches him Cole will be in danger. I will send Starfire out as well. Some harm may come to me, but unless it is that i am going to die I need to do this spitfire. I need both you and our son. I love you both and that is what can make me make it through, you two are all that I need. I know you will be close by if I need you and I will let you know if I do need you when we face off.

*he leands and kisses her and sits by her putting his head in her lap until someone comes*

Fri May 16, 2003 2:40 pm
Stablehand

Breathing deep, the scents of the hall filling her nostirls the tension that had been building eased, surrounded by the familar sounds and sights of the hall had erased all feelings of doom. Anyone who had ever been within the walls of the hall of shadows almost always felt their burdens and feelings of forboding leave only to have them replaced with a sense of belonging and safety. Smiling to herself she strode down the main hall nodding her head in greeting to any she might pass, a tune whistled from her lips echoed through the hall while she made her way to the council room. When Alec had come through the door of the Inn she knew it was time to take her leave, to go to Kiara and Losa and aid them in anyway she could, Alec, from he told her would not be too far behind and it wouldnt surprise the elf to find him already seated beside the head of the order.
Soon she found herself standing outside the doors of the council room, with a beaming smile on her face she threw open the doors and announced her arrival.

Sweet'ums I be hooooome!

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Mon May 19, 2003 8:46 am
Stablehand

*he grumbles slightly lifting his head of Kiara's lap and sits there with his hands in her lap* *he smiles up at her and kisses her and then looks to the open doors*

Hello Raynalia

So what is going on as far as we can tell so far. I doubt the trouble will come to the hall, I do not think he would be that brave, nor would he give me any advantage. I think that we will have to figure a good spot for this all to happen. I am not sure what I can count on coming from him either. Just hope neither Cole nor Starfire get into trouble.

Mon May 19, 2003 2:32 pm
Stablehand

A nod in Raynalias direction was all the greeting given by the assassin, her thoughts were on the matter at hand, Losas mentioning of finding the perfect spot to lure his kin to reminded her that there was so much yet to be done. The question of where wasnt entirely a problem, it was more a question of how.
Straightening her shoulders she sat up pulling around her all the regality she could muster, granted for the moment it was only the elf and Losa with her in the room but she needed to be in "assassin" mode if she were to think straight.

Cole is quite capable of taking care of himself, I am not concerned yet, he hasnt even been gone half a day. As for Condrik, right now I only have what you tell me to rely on Losa. How brutal is he? How does his mind work? What about women, how is he with them do you know?
Before you say anything I am well aware that I am banned from using myself as bait, and that wouldnt do much good were he not the sort to derive a certain pleasure from bringing pain to the opposite sex though I do have to say that in my expeirence with his kind, or those that sound like him, I would be surprised were he not a sadistic pig.
You just arent giving me enough to work with here angel.
I was thinking that if we could get him to the Valley, he would be close enough to call the others if need be yet far away enough from the hall....

Mon May 19, 2003 2:53 pm
Stablehand

*he smiles at her* I know Cole will be fine mi love, I was just stating that. Condrik with women depends on the woman, I know he has been sweet on a few women in his time. Other than that he has a have a fun night and leave them type thing, that is unless he gets smitten with his company. There is always a chance of that depending on the woman. I am remembering somethings that I am not sure how I know about him. It is kind of weird. There was one he served under in wars that he was smitten with, maybe if we can find her that is. I am not sure of her name but I got a feeling of an image of her. That could be the key but there are so many women and everything. I wonder if I, I mean I wonder if we could find her. The valley might be the perfect place for us to have it out. I would not want to send any woman as bait to him, I do not fully know what he is capable of nor do I want someone to be harmed by him because of me. I could see him getting sweet on some around here, but will not take that chance either.

Mon May 19, 2003 3:02 pm
Peasant

Though not part of the Elite, the black robed mage found herself answering the summons sent by Kiara, the two had been friends for too long for the mage to start ignoring a request for help now, Oriana knew that should she ever have need Kiara would be the first to answer the call. It was only natural that the mage go to the hall of shadows now.
Taken on the wings of magic the mage appeared in a flurry of wind and wisps of smoke in the room where Kiara held her council, finding the assassins location had been easy enough, both having been students of Orianas father Azrael helped to bring strength to the bond the two of them shared.
Wrapping her black robes around her she nodded her head giving her respect to the lord and lady of the hall.

I am here as you have requested Lady, now tell me how may I be of service?.....

Mon May 19, 2003 3:08 pm
Stablehand

With a pout on her lips and a gleam in her eye Kiara nuzzled up against her husband batting her eyelashes all the while. From the corner of her eye she could see the smile on Raynalia that she was trying to hide with her hand. The spark in both womens eyes should have been enough to warn any and all that the two would soon be up to no good.

Surely Losa you not mean to deny either Rayne nor myself of a little fun now do you? There are plenty of ways to see to ones safety angel...

It was almost as if Kiara had invoked a spell that summoned the mage, the air in the room shifted and shimmered, and soon Oriana stood, the newest member to the small council now taking place. Kiara smiled in her direction and waved a hand at the mage.

See angel, Oriana is here, surely you do not think she is not strong enough to protect any one of us poor weak women from the likes of the big bad Condrik! Tell us love, what did this woman of his look like?

Mon May 19, 2003 3:13 pm
Stablehand

*he smiles and kisses her* *his arm going around her and he tries to keep from laughing* NoNow Spitfire you already said you would not be involved in something like that. Condriks tastes in women vary, Now I know both you and Raynalia are very capable women. I also know that Oriana would be able to handle Condrik, but that is not the point. The point is I will not willing have you go into danger. I know that this needs to be handled Spitfire but this needs to be handled differently than most. This is not about someone against all of the elite, it is about someone against me and my existence.

*he looked at her looking at Raynalia* Though slowing him down might be an option with a woman but it has to be someone who does not know what they are doing. He is smart you got to realize that and his pet is probably almost as smart as mine. SO there is a lot that we need to take into consideration also someone who would have not a scent of me or my wolf around them. Also it has o be someone who would not be in the hotseat if something happened betweened them

Mon May 19, 2003 3:21 pm
Stablehand

It may be between you and Condrik, Losa but you know your wife, anytime she can get in on the action she will...

His voice carried as he entered the room and he was immeadiately greeted by Kiara with a hug, going to Losa he clasped the man on the shoulder in a greeting of his own and took notice of the other two women in the room by nodding and smiling a small smile.

... I say let them have their fun brother, as much as it annoys me that your wife cannot ,no matter how hard she tries to, keep out where she is not needed, this maybe one time she and her friends can be of great use. Think on it brother, if your kin were otherwise occupied it would give you more time to prepare, and you might not get caught off guard. That is of course only an idea. Otherwise, I could hold your wife down while you beat the hell out of her for not knowing when enough is enough

Smiling broadly he waited for Kiaras backlash.

Mon May 19, 2003 3:30 pm
Stablehand

The elf nearly tripped over herself and plowed through Alec in her haste to get to Losa, the gleam in her eyes shining so bright she could have blinded anyone of them with a simple glance in their direction.

Ye need ta be lettin' me do this Losa! Do ye know how long its been since I been able ta have some real fun? Ye know dam well I can be takin' care meself and Ori aint 'bout to be lettin' a dam thing happen ta me. Ye can be bettin' iffin' things got too outta hand she be flinging some fireballs or somthin'. C'mon Losa, you know I can do this!

She was hopping around like a child begging and pleading with her father to let her have her own way, the sight she could imagine was more than amusing, but it was so important to her to finally be doing something rather than fighting with Tierney at the inn. She hadnt felt like herself in along time and maybe, this was exactly what she needed.

Somewhere I belong

Mon May 19, 2003 3:40 pm
Stablehand

*he started to laugh and watch them* *he looks to Kiara* As I said that I do not want Kiara to go into this. Rayne if you and Oriana want to cook something up while Kiara and I plan things it might work I could almost see Condrik taking a liking to you. Just be careful.

*he looked between them* Rayne I am serious about being careful despite differences I would not want anything to happen to you, even if at times you drive me up the wall. He likes to dance at least he used to and loves his ale.Do you really think that we can pull this off

Mon May 19, 2003 4:16 pm
Stablehand

Grinning from ear to ear the elf swooped down to smack the warrior on the back.

Ye be dam right it can be pulled off! Aint a man alive I have'n been able ta get me hands on when I wanted ya. Ya dun need ta be worryin' bout me Losa, this pain the ass ain't gonna let nothin' happen ta herself, how else would I be able ta make yer life a livin' hell iffin I was six feet under eh?

Winking she bowed deeply....

I swear to ye Losa, he wont know what hit him

Somewhere I belong

Mon May 19, 2003 4:21 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next