It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Questions and Comments (OOC) 
User no longer exists

My suggestion would be to talk to yoru AGM/GM of Roleplay and figure that out. If they are not willing to roleplay with you, find another guild. Easy as that.

The way the post counter works is -- you loose -2 turns if you are penalized. If you meet the requirements you get +1 turn back. So you would have to post two weeks in a row to get back to the current turn rate.

Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:05 pm
Stablehand

If you don't meet the requirement of posting 2 times per week, you lose 2 turns per hour each time. If you dno't post one week, and then do your 2 posts the next week, you gain back 1 turn per hour.

So, essentially, it will take 2 weeks of meeting the requirement to make up for 1 week of not doing so.

Venus, the Embodiment of Human Perfection!

Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:05 pm
Stablehand

kay thanks. I guess i misunderstood when I was reading about how the post counter worked....

Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:39 am
Pseudo-Voodoo Sidhe

Gem if you're having some troubles rp'ing with your guild then may I suggest getting out there into other threads. Not just tavern threads but the open ones run by other rp'ers who are running quests or searches for information or even those that are based around a place (the various library and temple threads spring to mind).

I find that tavern threads are all very well and good for those who are perhaps a little nervous about launching themselves into a big quest or adventure thread and those others who prefer a more relaxed atmosphere to role-play in. But if you are really wanting to interact with people and develop your character then you might want to think about going to other types of threads.

If I were you I'd start off by talking to your AGM of role-play as SD suggested. If they are anything like me they'll more be more glad to point you in the direction of some good open threads or even start up a new one with you. If however your guild is not as focused on role-play (as I know some are however much I wish it were otherwise) then you are probably best off with looking round the forum and maybe contacting some of the other role-players about the place.

And if you still can't find a place where people will interact with you then contact me *grins* I normally have a thread or five around the place and am usually glad for some company in my threads :)

Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:19 am
Stablehand

Glem-- Lyssia always has some good interactive Rp threads going, and I try and keep a handle on a couple of adventures sponsered by TEN, but open to all. Feel free to drop me a msg and i am available to help with charcater development, background, and storyline ideas-- either to be part of one of the TEN rps or just on a consulting basis to knock around ideas.

Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:54 am
Stablehand

I have a question, and this is one that's important for an upcoming storyline that I have plotted *mwahaha*

How exactly does time flow here in the Maxim world? I'm assuming it's faster than our normal time, but I was just wondering -how- much faster.

Is there any set time that a lot of people go by, or is it just whatever?

If you're looking for specific blocks of time, I'm wondering how long do you think a month would last? a week? two weeks? less?

:)

Thanks, in advance! :D

Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:23 am
Stablehand

it's freeform, so time flows like you wish it to. I haven't done enough RPing here to say that there's a certain standard, but I know for sure that I don't keep to time, I play future, present and past all together. It's much like common literature, time can fly ahead months within one sentence, or you can stick with one night for a whole thread. It's just what's appropiate to your story... war threads tend to go with the 'flow of war', while tavern threads usually all seem to happen at one single night. Post at the pilot of your storyline in an ooc note and it will work out :)

Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:09 pm
Stablehand

I don't know if this is allowed or not. I was going to put it in my post, but didn't want to exceed the three line ooc limit or anything...

To anyone and everyone who has been a part of INCA over the years, I just want to say thank you. I haven't been there the whole time, but I was there when it started, and I'll be there until the very last moment of it. Each and everyone of you have been one of the shining points in my life over the past 3 or more years.

And as we part ways, I just wanted to say thank you. For everything. For the war chats where there was more hilarity than war. For the chats on ICQ. For your friendship. Thank you.

Souldemon, Voice Jasmine, I don't know if this is really the place for this or not. But we've already lost so many in INCA, I don't know anywhere else to put this where they can see it.

Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:27 pm
User no longer exists

Its fine. Just as long as nobody else decides to give shout outs to their guildmates here ;p

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:57 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3