It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Inn of Briars (RKoR/Open) 
Stablehand

Ryo looked to Fira, a little dazed by all the information. He smiled and then placed a bag of 12,000 gold in her hand and uttered....

"This sould be enough for room and some food I would hope. Keep the change. Oh, and if you would like to join me for a drink later in the evening I would be most honored."

Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:00 am
Stablehand

The tattooed wanderer smiled calmly as the little thief talked on and on. Her conversation flowed smoothly from the mead she had just stolen from Helania, to the tattoo he bore on his cheek, through herbal remedies for headaches, flitting past the matter of the golden ball that had Helania so concerned to alight on the collection of "treasures" so proudly displayed on the table in front of him. As she talked, her voice trilling on, seemingly pouring out whatever thoughts rose to the surface of her mind, he sipped his mead, enjoying the warm honeyed taste.

Yes, little one, I suspect more people would enjoy this if they tried it. However, few do, for many people care not for experiences beyond those they already know. They cling to that which is known, that which is familiar and comforting. They spurn that which is new to them, never risking the delight of discovering a new joy for the safety of never discovering something unpleasant. And because they are never brave enough to risk trying something new, they never actually taste mead and so never discover that it is indeed a very pleasant drink.

The tattooed wanderer smiled. In fact, it's so good, you should probably have another sip. Having neatly distracted the diminutive elf for at least a heartbeat, he took the risk of taking his watchful gaze off of the little thief to look her companion in the eye.

Helania, my friend, this is no bauble. I cannot say if it is the item you were warned about, but it is an item of some considerable power. For what end it was created, I cannot say, but ... watch her, Helania, watch her even more carefully than you do already

His gaze became serious as he spoke, and he watched her response carefully.

"I have watched her carefully for many ages since I was first warned that her name was given to her for a purpose. She is called the 'Lightbearer' for a reason, one that I fear I am beginning to understand the extent of now. My thanks my friend, though I had hoped that you would tell me that the toy was no more than that in my heart I knew that it was much more than it appeared. Though I have watched her carefully it seems as though I shall have to increase my vigilance in the time to come, I dread to think what might happen if she and the ball should fall into the wrong hands."

My friend, I wish I could be the bearer of better tidings. Sadly, it seems that the Gods would have it otherwise. Watch her carefully, Helania and know that, should you have need, I will do whatever I can to help ye.

Having finished speaking, the tattooed wanderer raised his head, glancing casually around the Inn, searching for any who might be attempting to listen to the conversation. As his gaze swept the Inn, he frowned slightly.

Helania, these people whom we move amongst... are they so paranoid that they feel a need to conceal their own identities? I can feel the use of the Art here. The one who uses it is subtle, for I can discern little save the fact that it is being used.

Turning to Aurelia, the wanderer smiled.

So, little one, you have many treasures, it seems. It is good to know that there are people who still care for these lands, in this day and age there are too many who simply take what they need with little thought for the consequences of their greed. Of the Natives, I have heard only rumour and hearsay. As one who has met them, would you care to enlighten an old wanderer?

In your filthy little worn out broken down see through soul
[/center]

Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:50 pm
Stablehand

New and unconfrotable in this land, Tuatha walk quickly and carefully, dodging out of the way of all these strangers. On his back and in his pack are his only postions, a long, curved, rune covered blade and a very old very dark book. His silent travled brought him too a wooden door. Above it a sign which he quickly scanned, Tuatha never could stand doing things slow. "My lord, how were you ever patient enough to learn magic" The old mans voice still rings in his head.

This is where he told me, I think.... I hope

The door creaks as he enters, Tuatha looks at it agast as if the whole noise was an afront to god, really all he was looking for was an excuse not to make eyecontact. As he enters a few look at him, none really care that mcuh, they all have things to do. He steps up and open his mouth as he is about to buetifully say how he is Tuatha De Donann, skilled in the silent and rune arts, he is about to exclaim his excitment in being newly accepted into this guild and how much he wishes to offer his skills to it, he is about to... but doesn't. "Hey kid, if you want to learn how to speak to people, be a noble. Here to are an assassin and a mage. That was when he first relised that there were some things that scared even his master. So, he closed his gaping mouth and sat in an empty spot in the bar, promising himself how he will most definatly do it later.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:42 am
Stablehand

With a small smile, Fira accepted the bag of gold and handed the young man a key in return, her green eyes flickering mischieviously. She flicked her hair at him and turned. "This should be more than enough," she answered, hefting the bag of gold. "Your room will be on the top floor, second on the left. If you choose to retire now, I will bring you your supper in a few hours. What would you like to drink with it?"

Much as fraternizing with kind customers sounded fun, she first had to make sure everything was taken care of in the rest of the Inn. Hopefully though, by supper time, she could take a break...

It was already getting late, but none of the crowd looked ready to sleep. She stifled a yawn and made her way back through the crowd to her latest newcomer, the quiet-looking Tuatha. "Can I get you anything to drink?" she asked, "Or to eat? Or would you simply like a room for the night?"

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:51 pm
Stablehand

(( after some time tends to refer to me not posting for a week or so heh ))

Link took in the story and smirked, "Well we are most glad to have you back. After the adventure of the windy Vale, the guild slowly fell apart sadly. Dire Lord DKII dissappeared and we all went in different direction it seemed. I headed over to fight under the Warguard With that Attero fellow over there." He said pointing over to Attero.

The Wargaurd had been a warm home to him, yet he could not seem to make it as homely as he wished. "I fell into a sort of well dissarray after the Knights broke up, never could really get it together with the Wargaurd. I went of to play with some Demonic fellows. They were sad to see me go, but i made some good allies there. Then well I got a calling from This Sorentio fellow, and here I am." Link finished as his eyes wandered the room. "Ryo is new here I should probably get aquainted with him." Link thought.

Last edited by Dark_link on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:06 pm
Stablehand

Aurelia beamed proudly, her smile seeming to stretch from ear to ear as CrimsonWolf asked her to expand on the matter of the Natives. So few people ever actually asked her anything, expect perhaps to be quiet for a moment, a request that she was rarely able to help them with. Most of those souls who found themselves in the little elf's company tended to stop asking questions anywhere within earshot of her for fear that she would start talking and never stop. She had a pleasant enough voice, it didn't grate on the nerves or shriek loudly, that was not the reason that people wished Aurelia to be quiet. The truth was just that she would never stop talking, she could connect the most unrelated of subjects and whitter on about them for hours, barely seeming to pause for breathe.

The little thief didn't notice Helania wince as CrimsonWolf asked her about the Natives, the archeress had to listen to Aurelia's chatter more than anyone else in the isle. Well it all happened quite a few ages ago, a lot of the guilds that were about then aren't anymore or if they are they have different names and different membrs hich kind of makes them totally different anyway. Mr. Gorf turned up with his Native friends from beneath the earth where they'd be living since a load of people turned up from a land called Mo'Pri? That was a very nice land, filled with people, of course it's all rather destroyed now so I guess it's not so nice at all.

Anyway the Natives appeared and some people were not happy at all, saying all sorts of nasty things about Mr. Gorf and the others. I didn't really hear much of that as I was rather busy being the leader of Gyppeswyk's saboteurs,
the little one had never described herself as a 'thief'. Many thought it comical that she had been declared leader of anything, though they would never have said that within her hearing for fear that she would give them a lecture on the matter that might very well never end.

Then Mr. Gorf said that there was this amulet out in the lands that had been lost to the Natives. He said that there were many copies of the amulet but if someone could give him back the real one he would give them a reward. Well what could I do but try and help? I took my fellow saboteurs and went looking for it, though I wasn't sure where to look at first. I figured that if the Natives couldn't find it that it must be very well hidden because they knew everything. So I threw away our map and asked the land if it knew where the amulet was and sure enough it led us to it. Not straight to it, but it got us there all the same. I gave the amulet back and that's how I first got to know the Natives, and I don't care what anyone says, they were awfully nice people.

She took another sip of the mead and decided to herself that she would really have to suggest to other taverns that they get some in stock. Aurelia was quite sure that once other people got a taste of this all the inns would want to sell it, it was just a matter of getting people to taste it in the first place. And then there was Mr. Regit and Mr. Raguoc, they saved me several times when I went looking for a lost little kingdom. I don't know how the Natives lost it but they managed it and I thought it was feeling lonely and decided to go look for it. I didn't find it but I did find all sorts of other people; a mage with not enough fireplaces in his castle and a lady with a lot of rowdy soldiers were two of them.

You see the Natives only wanted to help the land because the lords and ladies weren't doing right by it. Things weren't good at all back then,
Aurelia paused and looked thoughtful, There again some people might say the same thing of nowadays...

Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:24 am
Stablehand

Ryo smiled at Fira. Calling to her as she went to her next customer Ryo said....

"Fira, I'll have some sake with my food. I will be retiring around the time you get a break. Then you can come and have something to eat with me. Also, when you come bring an appetite....."

With that Ryo turned and headed up stairs. The starts creaked underneith him as Ryo moved up with a little spring in his step. He like ladies with green eyes, especially ones that seemed to have a purpose in life.......

Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:08 am
Stablehand

Casboeth paused outside the Inn of Briars, looking at the door in front of him. He ran one hand through his sandy hair, patting at in in an attempt to smooth the tangles. Nervously, he tugged at his tunic, straightening out the red material. He patted at his pockets, reassuring himself that the coin-purse was still where he had left it. Eventually, he drew a deep breath, swallowed hard and pushed the door open.

The inside of the Inn was cool and dim, a welcome contrast to the blazing noon sun outside. Casboeth looked around at the people sitting at the tables and standing at the bar. Small groups of people, men and women, well-dressed compared to Casboeth's plain clothes. A small group sat at a table in the corner, a tattooed man, a tall, dignified elven woman and an elven child. From the serious expression on the man's face, their conversation must have been important. They must be talking about important business for the Royal Knights, Casboeth thought.

He looked around. No, She was not there. He felt a surge of disappointment. Ah well. She would be here, soon enough, he was sure of that. And when she was, he would be there, waiting for her.

His thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of a serving-maid. "I'm sorry?" he said, having not caught her question. She smilied prettily and repeated her request for his sword. "Oh ... yes, I'm sorry. Here you go", Casboeth said, tugging the plain short-sword free of its scabbard.

Walking over to the bar, he smiled shyly at the bar-maid, waiting for her to notice him.

Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:52 am
Stablehand

Link had had enough fun for the night, and promised to get to know the new members some other time. He excused himself upstairs and ventured to find an empty room. He opened the first door on his left and a young elven maiden was changing. Link quickly shut the door and headed to the next one which was luckily free. He laid down on the bed and slowly went to sleep.

Moment's later Link was awoken by a loud crash down stairs. Link shook his head and sighed. It was going to be impossible for him to get to sleep in a place like this. He got up from his bed and walked out into the hallway deciding to explore the upper area of the Briar's Inn. He looked down the hall and saw that it turned to the left. He followed the winding corridor and found a small bar. Link said, "Well I never knew the inn had a private bar upstairs." He sat down and requested a light ale, who know's maybe he'd find a new memebr or two winding there way here.[/i]

Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:50 pm
Stablehand

Bess set down the two full mugs of ale down upon the table, the foam splashing over the sides and wetting the backs of her hands. The two loal men from Ran'Kur grinned widely at her, one grabbing her and pulling her down into his lap. Well Bess me lass, such a clumsy thing you are, losing some of our ale like that and then fairly falling into me lap. His hands gripped her waist and pulled her back, his breath reeking of alcohol as he whispered hoarsely in her ear.

Get your hands off me, you daft fool, she laughed, playfully slapping one of his wrists as she got up. You'll have your wife after me if you continue acting up like that Will Redcoat. And I don't want Lily chasing me down the street with her broom like she did your last fancy woman. Bess flounced away across the tavern, her skirts rustling against the tables and chairs that she passed. Now and then she smile mischeviously at some of the male patrons and be rewards with a cheeky smile or wink in return.

The wench knew that she was a pretty thing, she'd caught the eyes of more than enough travellers to not realise that. Her hair was long and curly, falling to her waist and framing her face with its untamed locks. Her eyes were a dark brown, large and seductive, the kind of eyes that a man might willingly drown in. There had been a time when her parents had thought that young Bess might escape their life by marrying above her station, her good looks trapping some impressonable young merchant. But the girl had proved to be headstrong and with a will to do her own thing. She didn't want to marry and settle down to become more merchant's fat wife, no she'd have whatever men she wanted.

And so it had been that she'd thrown all chances for marrying above her rank out of the window.

As she walked back she saw a young man enter the tavern, one of the other girls talking his sword from him. He seemed like a handsome enough lad, maybe one that she could dally with for a time. Her thoughts were distracted for a moment though as she saw Link take the stairs, heading towards the quicker bar up on the next floor. Well not everyone liked the noise and bustle of the main room, though maybe he'd come down again later.

Bess walked over to the newcomer and leaned over the bar, her low-cut dress emphasising her assets. Well now handsome, she smiled, catching his gaze, her own eyes twinkling in the light, How can Bess serve you today? Ale? Beer? Something stronger?

[/center]

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:22 pm
Stablehand

The serving-girl leaned forward and smiled at him. Casboeth didn't know where to look. His cheeks coloured as he flushed with embarassment. He knew about girls, of course, but, well, he had never really had the opportunity to speak to them. Not like this, as she leant over the bar and smiled so prettily at him, calling him handsome. No, not anything like this.

He didn't know where to look. He couldn't hold her gaze, could not bring himself to look her in the eye. His gaze dropped. Unfortunately, this left Casboeth gazing at the ample charms so readily displayed by the girl's dress, which to Casboeth appeared shockingly low-cut and terribly revealing. His cheeks burned red with embarassment.

What should he do? Lifting his gaze, trying not to blush, he muttered "I'd like some cider if you have any, miss"

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:36 pm