It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:11 am

Shadows of Rapture, Nights of Terror (Invite only) 
Stablehand

Post Shadows of Rapture, Nights of Terror (Invite only)
[OOG] PM Tallula for permission to post [/OOG]

The large room looked like it was covered in blood soaked cloth, the reds of her taste turning almost black in the dark. Sheer fabrics stirred gently in the breeze from the open windows. The numerous and ornate bowls of oils, waters, and other fluids reflected in the moonlight, offering their sweet fragrances to the night. In one corner was a small personal alter. Each morning and night she would kneel at it and offer her utmost devotion to Darden. On the walls were tapestries of battles won and lost, constant reminder that through her faith, her lands would prosper. There were chairs and cushions here and there. Large and soft, they were prone to almost wrap around those fortunate to sit upon them. She was indeed a creature of high tastes.

In the center of the room was a large bed, iron posts the stood nearly 9 feet high supporting the beams upon which sheer curtains hung. They offered little privacy, but rather seemed designed to arouse one's curiosity as to what hidden treasures lay within. Iron vines spun about the bars, cheating their appearance and reminding one of a stroll through lush vineyards. The curtains danced in the breeze, opening just enough here and there to offer a glimpse of something white contrasting against the deep red fabric.

Tonight, in a pool of satin hidden behind the curtains lay the elf woman. Her pale skin glowed in the moonlight, her hair blended with the covers of the down pillows. Soft layers of sheets tangled among her limbs and slender hips, covering her body enough to tease anyone foolish to trespass into this private sanctuary. Her short nightdress had become bunched around her breasts, hiding them from the night and offering her some further modesty. She lay on her back, arms outstretched fully to each side, her hands gripping the bed as her tormented dream continued. Tears poured from the corners of her eyes and her head thrashed from side to side, as though trying to avoid the clutches of something her sleeping mind lay upon her.

Above her on the rods supporting the curtains, two jet black ravens watched her toss and turn. Their small obsidian eyes studied her as she slept, and they seemed almost on edge, as though waiting for something.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:33 pm
Stablehand

((OOC - PM'd feedback/comments welcome. Backstory availible from the following threads
Eternal Echoes, Perpetual Sorrow (Moroii's background)
Vanity Vicarious, Midnight's Price (Moroii meets the Elfling)
Parliament of the Republic (interlude between vanity vicarious and this thread) -))

He slipped through the shadows deftly, more then half shadow himself. The night was his brother, the Moon his guide and these mortals nothing more then passing snackfood at best. He slipped through the town, moving from treeglade to alley to rooftop in fluid movements and bounds. A passing moment of dejavu in the darkness and a cold shiver down the spine of the more sensitive. Quickly he reached the borders of the town, and looked up on the citadel, his keen eyes picking out the last flickering candles of a bedchamber with the windows left open. He eyed the moon and judged it not long past 1 am. By now she would be exhausted, cold, half believing that he wasn't coming. Thinking his message some bizzare ritual or test of obedience. He shook softly with silent mocking laughter and watched for her guards, killing them would take the edge of his black lust, but he wanted to keep that edge to be blunted on her. Within her.

He knelt momentarily, gathering himself and braced, driving himself high into the air, a winged predator launched like a diving peregrin, soaring into the darkness, arcing high over her walls, and landing as silently as he'd lept, landing hard enough to crush the wall stones beneath his feet, bending one knee and catching himself, kneeling on the wall in the shadow of an archers shelter, his senses stretched out, seeking the mental alarm of a victim that would need silencing. He looked up, eyeing the now only a short leap away window ledge leading into her boidour and paused, he wanted to savour this moment, savour the imagined taste of her, the feel of her flesh, the heat that he felt so rarely in the icey cold of this mortal hell.

He knelt there for long moments, an imagined shape in the shadows, a nightmarish gargoyle, made terrorfying not by a gruesome visage, but simply by the dark intent captured inthe shadowed eyes. He tensed his muscles, coiling once more, an electrified spring, tense, waiting to go off, he held himself poised, ready to leap for longer moments, pondering her anticipation, sensing the edges of her fear, and her excitment. Stretching his sense out in search of her feelings. Almost lazily he pounced, a cat deigning to swipe and snuff the light out of a terror driven mouse, landing on her window sil in that same gargoyle like pose, slipping between the curtains like a heated blade through tender flesh. He crouched onthe window edge, one hand gripping the window sil between his feet, his eyes intent on her, watching her soft squirming and listening to the sound of her breathing, shallow and rapid, her eyelids twitching softly over closed eyelids, half asleep and tormented by dark dreams. He stretched out his senses, intent on her imaginings, feeling the link between them his power had created growing stronger as he reached deeper into her thoughts.

She felt the dark nightmares slipping suddenly, a new sensation, and felt her dreams changing, she felt something, someone coming. She felt her dreams changing and felt a strange heat, an intensity building inside her. In her dreams she ran through a dark labrynthe, being hunted, being pursued, a predator closing in on her, a predator even her powers couldn't vanquish, even her gifts couldn't escape from. She felt it getting closer, but she felt through her fear an... excitment. She felt her blood rushing, and realised that as she had run, her clothes had changed. Her dreams had begun in her armor and dressed for adventure, now a collar ringed her throat, her breasts were caught close in a scrap of silk that would barely serve to hide her freckles, letalone preserve her modesty, a knotted silk scarf sat around her hips in a pale imitation of decency. She felt strange thoughts, wondering if the outfit would please the predator when it caught her, knowing that she couldn't escape, but somehow, not overly torn by that fact.

She felt the heat, the intensity inside her building further, and as she ran barefoot, now laughing and heading towards her own bedchamber in this strange dream, she turned to look over her shoulders and saw the shadows closing, a dark raven sweeping down the halls towards her, the pressure and intensity building now beyond her ability to control them, she felt the heat, the intensity spreading downward and she opened her mouth to cry out in wordless rapture before she snapped suddenly awake, an iron hand clamped over her lips and the sound of a hushed dark voice chanting over her in a sonorous whisper for just a moment, before silence. As her eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness, the candles in the room quenched by some black void while she had slept. she heard that same sonorous voice, somewhere between a predators snarl, and a contented felines purr whisper in her ear...

He had seen her dream progressing, it seemed she had sensed his approaching through the link. With tonights gifts of power, she'd find herself able to sense that proximty awake soon. He smiled softly, no doubt she had no idea why the heat inside her was building soabruptly, why she felt the rapture. As she began to reach the final conclusions of the sensations, she had been about to scream when he noticed the door, hidden behind a tapestries and sensed the presence of a guard behind it. Bounding over like a pouncing tiger, landing silently with one knee braced nect to her shoulder, one foot on the other side of her, his hand pressed down, clamped abruptly over her lips to prevent the coming scream. He summoned a barrier of silence across the doorway, absorbing all sound from the room. Leaning down over her ears he whispered

"Do you dream of the devil in the dark moonlight? The midnight wolf snapping at your heels and the hand of the demon thrust into tender flesh? Do you lust for the shadows and blood that offer you power and slavery? do you feel the darkness closing in and embrace it to your breast? Or are you just in need of something that only the raven can give you?"

releasing her mouth, he straightened from his crouch and stepped lightly off her bed, one foot dragging tangled sheets down carelessly, flicking free as her hand reached out to snare them, a hairs breath away from slipping past forbidden lines, he chuckled as his feet touched the floor, waving a hand to summon a chair to himself, sprawling in it carelessly, his feet stretched out infront of him as he spoke in a more controlled volume.

"You're guards will here nothing that happens in this room leannen. Tell me, did you dream well?"

Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:24 pm
Stablehand

She struggled to breathe as she was overwhelmed by a deluge of sensations. For a moment she wondered if she were dying, her entire world was black and her body felt as if it would explode. She would have passed out had it not been for the hand clamping over her mouth forcing her mind to focus on reality. That's when she realized who was in her room. She arched her back trying to escape the hand and thought:

Damn it Grace, if you wanted to earn your keep now would be a great time...

She caught the sheets as he rose and pulled them close to her, saving her from being fully exposed. Her eyes flicked from him to the door where her guard was, no doubt awake and glaring at the walls.

She raised one shaking hand to her face, trying to invite reality back to her foggy mind. Her body was drenched in sweat and her muscles felt as though she had overworked each one for hours. She closed her eyes and struggled to get her breathing under control. She let him wait for her answer, her jaw still feeling the sting of his hand. When she no longer feared a tremble in her voice, she spoke without looking at him.

Waking from a nightmare is never pleasant, especially when you awake to find another sitting in your bedroom. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on a mountain talking to birds?

She held her breath, after her last encounter with this man she half expected to be thrown through a wall. Instead he smirked at her and whispered

Poor little mortal. especially you realize I was watching your dreams?

I know that now. I'm guessing that outfit was your idea? I'm sure I don't own any such garments so if you're suggesting a change of wardrobe, I 'm afraid you're out of luck.

She pulled the sheets closer and wrapped her slender form in them, the red of the thin fabric now black from her sweat. She slid to the opposite side of the bed from where he watched her, his eyes roved over her flesh with no more shame than she would have had looking over a new mare.

She cast him a glare and rose, moving toward her changing screen in the corner, her delicate feet gliding across the floor with a nearly soundless grace. She paused and looked down at them, regarding their silent tread with puzzlement. She tapped her foot on the stone, trying to make more noise and found the volume of sound unchanged. That heat from her dream pulsed through her quickly, teasingly and she almost collapsed. Her mind suddenly racing with memories of rough kisses and fingers twisting through her hair she reached out and caught onto a nearby chair for support.

Lips pursed together she looked up at him from under her delicate brow, her eyes narrowed and intent. This time she made to attempt to hide the tremor of fear in her voice as she whispered

What are you? And what in the 3 hells have you done to me?

Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:47 pm
Stablehand

I know that now. I'm guessing that outfit was your idea? I'm sure I don't own any such garments so if you're suggesting a change of wardrobe, I 'm afraid you're out of luck.

He laughed softly, sprawled in her chair, turning as she stepped away from the bed to drape his feet across its edge.

"Part of you simply knows how deeply your owned little elfling. I was just a spectator in your little fantasy. Although influencing your dreams might well be an entertaining idea. I wonder how your sleep will be in the weeks to come? wondering when you wake up sweating and moaning, who's hand it was you felt running up the inside of your thighs? who's lips you feel lingering on your throat? who's idea it was to do those unspeakable things?"

Laughingly he stretched his feet out, lowering them with a casual condescension that bespoke unshakable self assurance... or unspeakable arrogance. he ran his eyes over the elfs petite form, Looking for all the world like a great black wolf contemplating a trapped little lamb as she whispered

"What are you? And what in the 3 hells have you done to me?"

"Don't you know yet little elf? Are you so far removed from that place inside you? The part of you that dreams? The part that burns for the predator? I'm the devil little elf, you're own personal nightmare. I'm the wolf to your broken lamb, the cat to your mouse and the dragon to your fair maiden. I'm the villian you've always lusted for, and the Dark Knight you've always feared. I'm the one that you've dreamt of, and you and I both know that you'll never be free. I'm the Master wholding your leash and you're the eager puppy that likes it. I gave you the tinest little taste of power, the briefest glimpse of the greatest tapistry mortals could ever concieve. But now you've had a taste of the lollipop, you want the whole thing don't you little girl?"

lifting one hand, he extended his grasp, invisible hands stretching out, growing, snaking around her, whispers of wind and shadow embracing her and curling over her skin, abruptly ripping the sheets from her, lifting her from her feet and dragging her towards him, he snarled roughly as she approach

"Scream if you like little elf, no-one will hear"

Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:07 pm
Stablehand

She awoke with a startled gasp and looked toward the door that separated her bed chamber from Tallula's. Something was wrong. Everything was too quiet by far and she had that prickling sensation crawling up her spine again. That always meant trouble.

Throwing the thin coverlet she had pulled over herself to the foot of her bed, she jumped out and grabbed her dagger from its resting place under her pillow. The chill from the window blew across her arms and through the thin material of the cotton tunic she wore. She curled her toes and edged her way to the door, pressing her ear against the wood and listening.

No. It was still too quiet. Unnaturally so. Straightening up, she tugged the hem of the large shirt down so that it covered her thighs more fully and took a deep breath- more in an effort to focus all her attention on the task at hand and not be caught by surprise by what might be on the other side, than by modesty- and then slowly pushed the door inward toward Tallula's chamber, stepping through the door.

She wasn't certain how the man had gotten into the room, or why he was there. What was certain is that he intended harm to the woman she was supposed to protect. Without a word, she focused her mind on the intruder shoving him hard with her mind in an attempt to break whatever magical hold he had on Tallula, then she ran at him dagger raised.

She never made a sound.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:49 pm
Stablehand

Startled he momentarily stepped back as he felt the mental push, recovering quickly as she began her charge, He wasn't sure how she'd become aware, perhaps simply an overly perceptive guard, alerted by the silence itself, after the night of her Mistress's whimpers and moans, or simply a well armed lover intent on a midnight tryst who hadn't bothered to check first if tonight was a good night. His contemplations took less then a a heart beat, and mattered for less time still. Spinning like a dancer, the arm raised, controlling the levitation of his plaything, his possession, her, extended fully like a swordsman in a sweep, Tallula moving as part of the gesture, like some invisible extension of his arm was holding her in a tight fist, sweeping her off into the corner, pinned against the wall as he came half way through the turn he clenched his fist, abruptly causing her flight to halt, leaving her pinned like a butterfly to the wall, unable to do more then squirm against the wall in the way of movement. Continuing the turn he half crouched, sliding to one knee, his other hand continuing the momentum of the turn, sweeping up, lifting, and like an invisible extension of his arm had again reached out, sweeping the Guard from her feet to hold her in the air, in a position remarkably simmilar to that which had so recently been attributed to her mistress

"You think to match your puny powers with mine Mortal?"

"Actually I was thinking more of gutting you and feeding your carcass to the wolves."

"Charming."

Rising up to his feet, he curled his fingers, considering which part of this interloper to tear off first when

"She isn't part of this! Don't hurt her! ... Please?

Clenching his fist and turning, he paused, considering the final please, evaluating the woman. He was so engrossed he almost didn't notice the dagger flying towards the back of his head. Twisting out of the way, a serpentine shift to one side, he caught the handle of the blade neatly in his own hand and turned, glaring for a moment before bursting out laughing

"Well she certainly is spirited."

twisting his fingers in a strangely complicated patten and murmuring a briefly muttered chant, he cast his fingers towards the guard, a dark blue web of light expanding from his fingertips and flinging to wrap around her, slowly sinking into her, and passing through her, fading away and leaving nothing but a blank look in the guards Eyes, but looking otherwise unharmed.

"What... What have you done to her?

I've returned her to her dreams. When she wakes up she'll have no memory of how she got to be out of bed, or of what happened here. She'll just remember her way back... and have a sneaking suspicion that its all your fault

He laughed as she stared at him, struggling with the implications of what he had just said

"My Fau... her way back? Why will she need to know her way back!"

"Well I can't let her stay here can I? She'll wake up in a moment and we'll have to repeat the entire excercise"

Crossing the room, he snared a blanket from the foot of Tallula's bed, and wrapped it around the shoulders of the guard, and tucked the puny dagger safely in a sheath in her hands. Snapping his fingers the guard abruptly vanished.

"What have you done with her!"

"She's perfectly allright, if she starts walking when she arrives, she should be back here sometime around noon tomorrow... with no idea how she came to be in the middle of the countryside. Now where were we?"

lifting his arm oncemore, he beckoned with long, cruel fingers in an abrupt 'come hither' motion, as Tallula once more began to float across the room, inexorably closer to his grasp

Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:39 pm
Stablehand

She blinked and looked around herself in consternation. How in the bloody hells did she manage to find herself out in the middle of a field wearing nothing but her flimsy night shirt, a blanket, and carrying her dagger? Surely she couldn't have walked in her sleep all the way out here? And where exactly was here?

She frowned. The last thing she'd remembered, she'd made sure Tallula was safely in bed with all doors locked. She'd tried to convince the woman to close her window as well- thieves could get in easily that way if they were good at their profession- but that idea had been vetoed. She'd gone to her own room and fallen asleep...

She glanced around and sighed. She recognized where she was finally. But it was with mixed feelings that she admitted it to herself. She was glad she wasn't lost. That was a blessing. The only problem she had was that she was a good 3 hours walk away from her bedroom. 3 hours if she walked fast- which in her barefoot state would not always be possible if she remembered the road correctly. It'd take her the rest of the night and possibly well into the morning to get back where she should be. All night and most the morning wearing nothing but the shirt she wore to bed. And a blanket. She groaned, then began to make her way to the road.

She didn't know what had happened, but she was certain Tallula had something to do with it. That woman had a lot of explaining to do. If Grace didn't throttle her first.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:41 pm