It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:18 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A Return to A Calling!!!(open for everyone..) 
Author Message
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 18
Post A Return to A Calling!!!(open for everyone..)
(OOC:Anyone that is having a hard time finding a place to post come join me.)


IC:The Day was Getting shorter and shorter as Dusty road along a road that he knew not where he would end up. It had been many year's sence he was around this part of the realm. The smell of the blood drinched ground's started to get strong. As he passed each red tarnashed rock from so many deaths'. He began to relive some of his past memory's that took him away from these land's so long ago. But Dusty was filling a calling somthing that was pulling him back to his Keep that he once ruled. He knew not what it was, or what it wanted from him. It made his blood flow more fluently than before as his heart would race like a racing river it would make him weaker. So weak that he would have to rest every few hour's from riding.

The road seemed like it was getting longer and longer as he came upon a stream that he started to follow. As he road on he came upon a waterfall with much beauty to it. He heaved back on his horse and pulled it to a stop. He looked around slowly so that he would know what was around. Thing's looked ok so Dusty removed his hood that was covering his head from the wind. As the hood rolled off his head, His long hair fell to each side covering his ear's. He raised his leg and threw it from one side of the horse to the other and then sliped off the other side onto the ground.

Dusty tied the horse up to the tree next to him so it could sip the water below.


ggrrrrrgrrr...

His body was hurting all over so much in fact that he had to lay down some where. He seen a log next to his horse it looked like the best place.. His thought's of trying to get to where he didn't know he was going FAST.. might have been to much, where he was normaly only riding a few hour at a time, he road for 11 days none stop and would rest in a sleeping motion as he kept riding on. But before he could lay his things down to rest he collapsed to the ground hitting the log on the way down opening a gashing cut on his head. As his eye closed, the hood he removed back off his head flew back onto his head from the fall........... As he lay there bird's flew from the tree's above.


What could it be that was eating at Dusty's heart and calling him back to the land's he had to leave...

_________________
~The One that will die for his leaders!~
~The Keepers will Ride Forever!~
Honor & Pride
Co-GM ~TDoD~


Last edited by Dusty on Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:42 pm
Profile
Stablehand

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Somewhere North of Hell.
Post 
Deicide heard rumors of his old friends return... He sent out spies into the lands to find his old friend. He had hoped that Dusty would think of following the faith of Foret.

He had been asked over and over again to join Dusty and fight along side him. This was the opportunity that he needed to try to get Dusty to join Foret.

He only hoped that he could reach him before it was too late...

_________________
People come and people go but HATRED lasts forever.
Amongst the membership of Elementum Ab Fides


Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:09 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 18
Post 
Slug's leaving a slimy path, Frog's would make a splash, the wind started to calm down, the owl's came diving in. With each passing life it made a sound it was a sound so sharp in the head of Dusty that he was awaking.

But how long had he been there, who know's. Dusty bent his arm's back and pushed up away from the ground weak with a hurting tummy he had to get something to eat. He stood upright and then sit down on the log.


BBZZZZZZ.
A mosquito flew in and rest it's self on the forehead of dusty. It inbeded it's log snot into his bloody skin and began to remove blood from his body. From out of no where Dusty arm came streaming around his body and onto his head inwhich it made a loud SMACK!!!!!!

OWOWOWOOOOOHMMMHMMMEHHEHHEHHEHH... O bloody god's that hurt.
Dusty caught himself talking to his self. As he glanced down to the ground he noticed his hand had blood covering it.. His first those was he had been scalped he grabbed his hair fastly then calming back down it was only a scratch to his other wound's that he had.

Something was coming Dustys climbed up in the tree waiting to see. Hopefully it or what ever it was didn't see him. He watched as someone was coming from behind him they slipped right up as if they where trying to sneak up on someone. Dusty let them get under his limb that he griped to. Then he forcefully jumped down out of the tree ontop of them putting there back into the ground Dusty spoke.


Who are you??? the head turned to the side and started to speak.

_________________
~The One that will die for his leaders!~
~The Keepers will Ride Forever!~
Honor & Pride
Co-GM ~TDoD~


Last edited by Dusty on Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:24 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:52 pm
Posts: 3
Post 
Dusty has made his return. He would only go Isonia, I know this. SSS was always Isonia/Oleana. Such good times that have happened. For ages Dusty has dissappeared and I didn't know what to think.

Myself the former GM of SSS knew Dusty well, and knew he would make the right decision as to join Foret. They were the weaker faith this age in Maxim, and Dusty was always for balance. I know Dusty will come around and join his old friends, and students with Foret.

If only I could get ahold of Dusty....I set up my horse, in search for Dusty.


Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:59 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:51 am
Posts: 12
Post Eye of a tired elf...
"By the Gods get off me man!" Sithathor shouted while struggling to get free. Her horse standing near by was getting jittery and looked as though he was about to bolt. "If you are a robber rob me! If you are a killer get off me and at least act like a man in a proper combat! Either way get off me!" Sithathor kept struggling and the mans grip seems to loosen slightly, only enough to hold both of Sithathor's slim wrist together as he tried to rescue Sithathor’s dropped torch. He held it up to her face, his still seeming in shadow yet she could see a hint of red... blood?... before him the captor saw a young looking elf of a graceful beauty with dark red brown hair which was being shaken out of its plate with all the struggling the elf was doing. At this point the elf’s hood had fallen well back, as he examined her he could see the start of an old scare running down the lady's neck. At this point Sithathor calmed, he was not hurting her, except for his strong grip and did not seem to want to, or to steal from her. She looked up at the darkness of his face, "My name is Sithathor, I am merely a traveller and mean no harm. Now M'Lord who might you be?" She asked in some-what gritted teeth trying to pull her hands free.


Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:03 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:50 am
Posts: 16
Location: First Star to the Right
Post 
Angelica Silverleaf had watched the man for a long time. She had seen him ride up to the woods which bordered the waterfall. She had seen him dismount from his horse and then fall to the ground where he remained motionless for some time. She'd seen all of this from the upper branches of one of the other trees which were near him. The man had never suspected her nearness.

Isonia had sent her upon a mission. She was to befriend this mortal and accompany him, helping him as she could in his quest to find himself and what it was that drove him so. At first, Angelica had thought the goddess was joking when she told her of the mission....and explained that she would not be able to use any of her angelic powers in the doing. She would have to hide her true identity as one of the Goddess' own angels...which would be easy enough to do considering that her powers would be taken from her until the mission was over.

Angelica sighed as she watched over the man. She did not know how Isonia expected her to accomplish her mission without any of her angelic powers, but it was not her place to question the goddess. Finally, the man began to show signs of waking. Angelica sat where she was, until she was certain that he was totally awake. She then climbed soundlessly down from the tree she'd been sitting in and began to walk towards him. As she walked, she tried to think of a plausible story, for surely he'd want to know what she was doing in such a place.

Then she saw the man climb a tree. She immediately stopped walking, standing where she was....listening. Then she heard the sounds of footsteps. She moved to where she could observe the tree in which the man was sitting, as well as the area beneath it, and stood there, watching. She watched as the man dropped down onto the figure who was on the ground and the two of them wrestled for a moment. Angelica breathed a sigh of relief when she saw it was an elven woman. Surely it would not bode well for her if she allowed her assignment to be killed before she ever got to help him. Angelica moved out from the tree which she'd been using to conceal herself. She did not try to hide the sounds of her footsteps as she approached the two.

_________________
They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth.
~SILENCE~


Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:14 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 18
Post 
The grip became stronger around 2 small wrist's. Dusty was in shock It could not be, he started to fill a bit bad for jumping on someone with such small hand's.. He could only hope now that it wasn't a young lady, and Just a nosy boy that drifted off from the nearest farm. For Dusty would never hurt a lady he let up just a bit on the grip.

"By the Gods get off me man!" Dusty was really hurt inside now for he knew now that it was a lady indeed.

"If you are a robber rob me! If you are a killer get off me and at least act like a man in a proper combat! Either way get off me!" She showed her courage and ability to not fear.

"My name is Sithathor, I am merely a traveller and mean no harm. Now M'Lord who might you be?"

O M'Lady I didn't.. I,, I mean.. I was only... O I fill so bad. Dusty lowered his head in shame.

If you please forgive for a moment I didn't realize you was such a beautiful lady until I layed my eye upon you..... Forgive my action's I shall repay you for that if you will let me. Sithathor My Name is Dusty, Leader of the Society. But I am not much of a leader anymore I am just another has been. But enough about me I am sure my past mean's nothing to a women of your grace. Footstep's from behind turned Dusty's head a bit, and he seemed to be more alarmed than before. He noticed another women that must have been hiding in the thorny bush's or even the tree's. Dusty turned back to Sithathor.

Is She with you...

No!! I traveled here alone.

Dusty then turned and Moved in a welcoming motion as the lady approached. M'Lady My Name is Dusty the lead well My name is just Dusty. May I welcome you to join us or will you be on your way.

Dusty had just returned to this land and he had already ran onto 2 Lady's of such grace and beauty that he hasn't seen since his departure. Ever thing was happening so fast for Dusty he didn't know what day it was nor how he looked. He felt so bad for not being aware enough to welcome the lady's with his passion. He motioned over to the log for them all to have a seat. He knew the day would not be short. On his way over to the log he stopped at his horse and got a pouch off it's side, then he continued to have a seat. He slowly removed the tiny rough looking thread that held the top twisted together; he then reached inside to pull out small piece's of dried food. He offered them some of all sort's. Some they haven't even seen before as well.

_________________
~The One that will die for his leaders!~
~The Keepers will Ride Forever!~
Honor & Pride
Co-GM ~TDoD~


Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:49 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:56 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Still here though i dont play anymore
Post 
Gabriel was strowling along the river with his rod to find himself a good spot to fish. He hadn't eaten in days and was detearment to catch a lot of fish.
He found himself a good spot where the water was clear and fresh, he didn't like fish that wasn't fresh enough. It made him loose gas.

Gabriel sat himself down threw his rod out and put it ferm so it could run away when he could something. He pulled out his pipe and some tabacco, tugged the tabacco in the pipe and lit it.
The day went slow but he was determent, suddenly a whole stream of fish started commin in.
Gabriel suddenly had a lot of fish on his hand, as soon as he cut on down in his basket he quickly threw his rod back to catch the next.

He had caught so much he could eat for days on end. But for Gabriel it wasn't enough yet so after the stream of fish he sat down lit his pipe again and shut his eyes. He had them closed for just a second and he already felt a big tug on his rod. Quickley he jumped up again and knew this was gonna be a winner.
This would be his final test in angling, he had been tought by the three great of his former home Oafs.
Everytime Gabriel gained an inch the fish fought itself back deeper in the water. This started to frustrated Gabriel greatly, so he pulled with all his strenght and might... bit by bit he wielded the big fish in. When it got close to the net Gabriel had already in place he quickley took the rod in one hand and the net in the other. The way he was tought by the great three, like no one else could.
Gabriel scooped the gaint fish in his net, it barely fit but he kept it in there. Gabriel laid down his rod and got his clob to hit the fish over the head. Just before he took his swing the fish started to talk.

Wait please great angler, do not kill me or you will not be able to hear the good news I have for you. Not even a hundred leages to the east has a great man returned. A man you know well, a man you will join in battle again.
If you throw me back I will tell you his name if not you will wonder who he is for ever.


Gabriel still a bit startled by the talking fish shook his head and wonderly responsed very calmy.
Why yes please tell me his name and I will set you free again.

His name O great angler is Dusty, Leader of the Society.
Please set me free now


Mwuhahaha Did you really think I would set you free, you are my great price I can eat of you for months. If it is any conselation to you I will share you with my good friend Dusty when I find him.
So Gabriel hit the fish over the head and bagged it to share with his friend Dusty when he find him.

Gabriel had a good feeling where to find Dusty, he rapped all his belonging together and started his journy to find Dusty.

_________________
When we dance, angels run and hide
Qua Patet Orbis


Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:07 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:50 am
Posts: 16
Location: First Star to the Right
Post 
Angelica smiled somewhat as she noted a tone of nervousness to the man's voice. And yet, there was a definate effort to be gallant as well, as not only did he introduce himself to her, but he asked if she would care to join them. She smiled gently at him as she took him up on the offer of a seat on a nearby log. As she walked with the both of them, she spoke quietly.

My name is Angelica....Angelica Silverleaf. I am so glad that I stumbled across the two of you. But tell me, how is it that you are here? Were you journeying someplace together? And where is here, exactly? You see, I'm afraid that I'm more than a little lost.

Angelica nibbled at the food which Dusty had offered to her. Now that she had no powers, she would have to eat like any other mortal....in fact, she basically was mortal now. The taste of the food was quite strange to her, yet not unpleasant. She had not realized how hungry she was until she'd smelled the food he offered. She sent a silent prayer of thanks to Isonia for having set her down someplace where she hadn't had to wait very long for the mortal to come along. As she continued to nibble upon the food, Angelica waited to see what her companions would have to say. She only hoped that her story of being lost was plausible.

_________________
They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth.
~SILENCE~


Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:35 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:51 am
Posts: 12
Post 
“So I am not the only lost one here? I also am unsure of where I am going”
Sithathor said to Angelica. “Then again I always have been I guess” Sithathor murmured.

She smiled at Dusty and Angelica and pulled out some aged cheese from a pouch she had removed for the saddle of her now calm horse. She held her feasting dagger up with it so they could cut from it what they liked. The dagger which she had unsheathed from its sheath attached to the dark red brown leather travelling armour she wore. Her eyes sparkled with friendliness; it is hard to find friends when you are always moving around.

Dusty interested her. She was not used to such gentlemen, especially ones who had attacked her and then so promptly apologised, let alone offered her food and conversation afterwards. After she had taken some food from Dusty she noticed more clearly a gash upon the mans head. At this she excused herself to remove some cloth from out of another satchel upon the saddle of her horse and poured water out of her water skin onto it before returning and asking Dusty,

“May I look at you forehead, it looks injured and the wound should be clean.”

She held up her hand to show him the wet cloth, “It seems as though it has stopped bleeding but it does look an awful mess?” She smiled as a strand of hair fell from behind her ear onto her face she absentmindedly brushed it away with her free hand. Remembering them the leaves she had felt in her hair from the little wrestling match between her and Dusty earlier.
“I hope I did not some how cause that by startling you?” She asked.


Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:43 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:56 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Still here though i dont play anymore
Post 
Gabriel journey to find Dusty a good man he knew from a long time ago, because they still had a connection Gabriel was sure he could find Dusty easier.
But Gabriel stuck to the river, he wasn't very fond of inland. To many danger could hide in the forests. Instead of the hunter he would be the prey and that wasn't something Gabriel could deal with.


The big fish told Gabriel that Dusty wasn't even a hundred leages to the east was. That was gonna be a long walk still, if he only had a horse he could ride he would get that a lot quicker.
In the distance Gabriel saw a small house along side the river. Where houses are are people and where people are is some sort of transportation.
As Gabriel neared the house he could see it was some sort of range, there were plenty of horses. But Gabriel had no money to buy a horse, so he had to apply his skill. In which he was a true artist "thievery".

Gabriel opened the gate sneaked inside and pikked out a horse. Quietly he left the range and about a mile away when he was outof site he got on the horse. Only gabriel had made a mistake, he might be an artist in thievery, he had no knowledge about horses and picked out the oldest horse there was around, before he stole the horse he had already thought of a name for the animal but that didn't really apply. He had the name Swift in his thought but Swift was completly the oppesite.

But atleast in beat walkin in search of Dusty. Days went buy and the link got stronger, Gabriel could feel he got closer to his old friend Dusty. It wouldn't long now before he find his friend.
Gabriel who still followed the river new he had to go inland sooner or later, so this was the best time as any so he followed the way inland.

In the distance Gabriel heared voices, three to be exact 2 voices who he couldn't identify and one that sounded very familiar. Gabriel got off his horse Swift and tied it to a tree trunk and went further on foot. Or actually flat down on the ground to make sure it was the person he thought he heared. He moved some leaves away to look and there he saw two beautiful women and a man who he knew very well. They where Sitting along side a fire that Dusty was tending to.


Gabriel got up and revieled himself but startled them, and got a sword from Dusty to his throat.

STOP right there old friend... don't use your sword on this precious neck of mine, I'd rather you'd use it one these fish I caught for all of us to share. Because the food you are eating is just not good enough to my likings Dusty, you need good fresh food to strengenth those bodies.

_________________
When we dance, angels run and hide
Qua Patet Orbis


Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:23 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 18
Post 
As They sit around enjoying the food what little they had. The unknown women to Dusty started to speak.

My name is Angelica....Angelica Silverleaf. I am so glad that I stumbled across the two of you. But tell me, how is it that you are here? Were you journeying someplace together? And where is here, exactly? You see, I'm afraid that I'm more than a little lost.

Then Sithathor spoke! So I am not the only lost one here? I also am unsure of where I am going.

May I look at you forehead, it looks injured and the wound should be clean. Hair hair slip's down onto her face and she remove's it with the stroke of her figure's that locked it within the other strand's of hair.

It seems as though it has stopped bleeding but it does look an awful mess? Dusty's Face went into motion until a smile was formed onto him.

I hope I did not some how cause that by startling you.

A enjoyable filling came across his body as they both spoke so kindly he was almost lost in their word's. So mush that he had to get a hold of himself. There was Something about Angelica, She seemed nice and yet he still felt she had something to hide. A women with such grace all alone in the wood's, there was more to her than Dusty would ever know. But Dusty took the aged cheese and responded to what they said.

Angelica Silverleaf Such a lovely name even sound's like a name he has heard, but what do i know I have heard far to many name's to know. It also pleases me that you stumbled on to us as well I think we just ran into each other and had a bit of a scuff that I am sorry it happened. Looking over to Sithathor at that time She began Cleaning his wound He continued. Really Myself I cant tell you where here is I have just returned to these land's my self and it's been far to long for me to remember such a place. But If you both need someone to accompany you on your way until you are safe with where you are at I will do so. Think you so much Sithathor Cleaning the wound for me..

Sithathor gently finished up on Dusty head... Then soon after he stood and walked over to his horse. Now if you will excuse my absence for a brief moment I would like to refreshen up. It wont take long on my way back I will bring some fire wood for the night.. They nudged there head's in motion that is would be ok for him to leave for the moment. Dusty Got his thing's together and strapped his sword on. He walked a bit into the wood until he came upon the water fall it still wasn't out of site from the lady's but he could only hope they wasn't watching. He removed his clothing and stepped into the down beating water that fell from the tip of the ledge above him. The water Was so cold and coming down so fast that it didn't take him long to get in and out. He watched his step out of the water, and with each step the water dripped into the ground leaving a wet print.

Dusty was fully clothed again and he made his way back to the lady's but on his way he gathered firewood that should last them the rest of the night.. When he got back he noticed they had it started so that he only had to make it bigger with large log's. With the wood dusty brought in he got each of the lady's a wild flower. He presented it to them and started working with the fire.. Dusty was tending to the fire when he seen someone coming up on them with a fast walk. He drew his sword in time enough that it would in bed in the man skin if he walked another step. Stopping him in his track's the man spoke.


STOP right there old friend... don't use your sword on this precious neck of mine, I'd rather you'd use it on these fish I caught for all of us to share. Because the food you are eating is just not good enough to my likings Dusty, you need good fresh food to strengenth those bodies. NO!!! It cant be..

Dusty thought to him self and said could that be Gabriel... It had been sometime since dusty saw him. and dusty expected him to die in a war after his departure.

Who are you?? The man answered Dusty...

It is I Gabriel. Dusty lowered his sword and and welcomed Gabriel to join them.

Now how are we going to get those Fish cleaned.

_________________
~The One that will die for his leaders!~
~The Keepers will Ride Forever!~
Honor & Pride
Co-GM ~TDoD~


Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:04 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:51 am
Posts: 12
Post 
"I do not mind a little fish guts,” Sithathor said with a smile. She was a wanderer at heart so knew how to survive. She picked up a few fish and excused herself to walk down towards the waterfall, taking a lite torch with her to help her see. With her hunting dagger, pulled from another sheath, hidden this time, in her armour she starter to wash, skin and gut the fish. Hoping all the while that the others would not mind some bones left in the pieces she cut. When someone has cooked only for themselves perfection in cooking is not high on their priorities, it is the basics and the cooking and eating that is important. She washed the pieces in the water and washed her hands before returning, it would take hours to get the fish smell out of them but it did not bother her. Dusty was kind, she could tell this by the wild flower her had given her. This new person was a true rouge she could tell but seemed to be an old friend of Dusty’s, which was good. Rather a thief walking beside you on a journey than sneaking behind. She returned to the fire with the fish and offered them around,
"It is easier to skewer them on twigs or thin branches I've found” She said to the group, and then added " I lost most of my cooking equipment a while back due to a raid on where I was camping” She looked down then a busied herself with a section of fish.


Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:04 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 335
Location: CA
Post 
Toph smiled, and got up from where he had been watching the party grow around the campfire. Choosing the most well lit path... Toph didn't want Dusty to skewer him, either... Toph called out
"Dusty! Long time no see, friend. Its Toph."
With that, Toph entered the ring of light cast by the campfire, a spell ready just in case Dusty was slightly... forgetful, after all this time.

Blinking as his eyes adjusted to the light, the sidhe glaced about to see who else was here. Gabriel, and two ladies. How interesting... and fish. Toph smiled, and looked towards Gabriel.

"Your fish, I assume, gabriel? I recognize the work of an angler."

With that, Toph let his spell dissapate harmlessly, and settled himself by the fire.

_________________
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash


Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:42 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:50 am
Posts: 16
Location: First Star to the Right
Post 
Angelica smiled gently as Sithathor made it known that she was lost as well. Angelica watched then as Sithathor proceeded to tend to Dusty's minor head wound. Ordinarily Angelica would have been able to heal that immediately, but without her powers, she was unable to do so. She sighed softly, again wondering what in the heavens had made Isonia decide she must accomplish this mission without her powers? Angelica did have some knowledge of herbs and things from when she'd been mortal...but that along with her ability to fight was all she had going for her....and she didn't have any weapons either. Isonia had taken her flaming sword as well.

Angelica found herself blushing as Dusty complimented her upon her name. It seemed as if it had been forever since anyone had paid her any compliments...well, except when Isonia told her that she had performed well upon a mission or something like that....never something as personal as Dusty had just done. As Sithathor finished tending Dusty's wound, Angelica sat there and nibbled at a bit of the cheese which the young woman had provided for them. Then Dusty excused himself from them so he could go and clean up....and Angelica sat there, trying to figure out how she was going to see about protecting Dusty when she was not able to be near him all of the time, and there was basically no opportunity for her to sneak off and guard him. Being a part of a group was going to make things damnably complicated for her. Her thoughts went round and round in her head, but she was able to come upon no good solution to her problem. She was still pondering a solution to her problem when Dusty returned from the waterfall...arms laden with wood....and two flowers....one of which he gave to her and the other to Sithathor. Angelica was so amazed that he would do such a thing for her, that she barely managed to smile her thanks to him. So stunned was she by this simple act of kindness, that she totally missed hearing the footsteps which hearalded another's approach. When Angelica noticed this she was so frustrated with herself that she could barely contain it. How was she to protect this man when he had a way of getting to her as he did? It was fortunate indeed that this man was a friend....and not there to do Dusty harm. However, it seemed that he would be joining their little group, for at least a while. A mixed blessing if there ever was one. At least friends of Dusty's meant that she wouldn't have to worry as much about protecting him. However, she did make a note to find herself a decent weapon as soon as she could manage it.

Before Angelica even thought of trying to help clean the fish, Sithathor had risen swiftly to her feet and made off with them....to clean them herself....for which Angelica was somewhat grateful....for the cleaning of fish was not high on her list of preferred tasks. Sithathor was back with the now-clean fish, in what Angelica considered to be record time. Angelica gave the woman a smile full of admiration for her obvious talents. Angelica had a pouch at her waist, and as she thought about it, she realized that it contained some herbs....some useful for cooking and others for healing. Well, she could make herself useful after all. Rising to her feet, Angelica approached the two near the fire and spoke somewhat shyly...holding out a small packet of herbs as she did so.


I've some herbs that should enhance the flavor of the fish nicely if you care to use them.

As Angelica stood there, waiting for them to accept or reject the herbs, she heard the sound of footsteps approaching once more, and moved to try and place herself between Dusty and the newcomer. Again, she found herself irritated that she had no weapon, but at least she could shield Dusty with her body.....for now. Angelica visibly relaxed when she realized that it was yet another friend of Dusty's. Luck was with them it seemed. Angelica smiled at the newcomer, welcoming him. It seemed their little group was destined to grow by leaps and bounds....which Angelica decided was fine by her. It made her job all the easier....for now.

_________________
They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth.
~SILENCE~


Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:33 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 41
Location: God's Forgotten Land
Post 
Elfie had heard of the rumor too that the great warrior Dusty had returned to the land of Evernight. She had known that Deicide had sent someone to find out of this was true and try to get him to come to their home. Elfie had an uneasy feeling tho. Something was gnawing at her inner soul. Something wasn't right. There was evil lurking in the air. Calling out to one of her faithful fairies, she would send it to watch over Dusty till Deicide's servant could reach Dusty.

I want you to go find the warrior Dusty. Remain unseen. Make sure nothing comes to his harm. I can feel evil in the air, and I know it is directed towards him. It is very possible, it is one of the heathen gods that have sent someone to try and sway Dusty from the true god Foret. You make pick another to go with you. If anything happens, do what you can to protect Dusty and send the other fairy back here quickly to get help. Remember stay unseen, unless there is trouble.


Walking back into her keep, a shiver ran over her. She hoped that everything was all right and Deicide's servant would find Dusty and get him back here as soon as possible.

_________________
~TRC~


Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:24 am
Posts: 7
Post 
Slim was taking a walk around his kingdom, as the sun slowly went down, the moon light was starting to show itself... Then suddenly he saw something moving in the bushes...

"What could it be?" he thought to himself and with out thinking, he sent some spies to check around his kingdom... Moments later, they brought back some servants from the God Foret.

He asked them: “What are you doing outside my kingdom? Who sent you?”

“We are not spying on you, we are looking for the great warrior Dusty.”

“Why do you want him?”

“Deicide sent us to look for him and tell him to join Foret”

The anger grew inside of slim. Without thinking, he pulled out his sword and killed one of the servants and then he pointed at the other servant with the blood covered sword and said in a deep low voice: “Dusty belongs to Isonia and NO ONE is going to change that!!! And tell who ever sent you to look for Dusty, that too!” Slim Went back to what he was doing.. Trying to figure out who Dusty was. It had to be someone that was great in there skill's or so many people wouldn't be looking for him. He thought Maybe one day he and Dusty should meat.


Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:23 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:56 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Still here though i dont play anymore
Post 
Gabriel was sitting with Dusty and the two ladies round the fire. Having a good supper consisting of fish own caught fish. It couldn't be any better.
Gabriel was surprised that Sithathor volunteered to clean the fish, Gabriel was ready to do it himself, he had all the tools for cleaning fish but Sithathor took the fish outof his hands before he could say something.

Gabriel hadn't met a woman yet who didn't mind getting the smell of fish on her. Most women didn't want to be near it before it was ready to eat, even if their lives depended on it. This intreaged Gabriel very much since it was so new to him and specially since he hadn't seen any women in quite some time.

Now that Dusty was back in these lands and Gabriel got the call of his returning, there were bound to be more people who had the same, and he bed they weren't all following the same god.
Gabriel had the feeling more people would come looking for Dusty so they all had to be on the toes and not getstalked like Gabriel did before.

When Sithathor took the fish outof Gabriels hand he saw the look on Angelica face and thought right away that this was a lady of class who didn't want to get her hands any dirtyer then needed.
But she also surprised Gabriel by handeling Dusty's wound with herbs.

Suddenly Gabriel heared a voice outof the treeline, a figure calling out
"Dusty! Long time no see, friend. Its Toph."
Toph appeared outof the trees, Gabriel couldn't make out his features but clearly reckognized his voice. As Toph came nearer to the light, Gabriel saw the smile on Toph's face.

As Toph smiled towards Gabriel he said
"Your fish, I assume, gabriel? I recognize the work of an angler."

Gabriel replied
"Yep is it that obvious, I always pride myself when I get a big catch and this big one is for all of us to enjoy"

As the evening progressed Gabriel new the time to get rest was about to come, how uneasy it was for Gabriel to spend a night in the forest where enemies could surprise them. Gabriel decided he would take watch for he wasn't able to sleep here anyway.
So Gabriel made sure everything would be set up for his compagnions of the night to get a save nights sleep.

_________________
When we dance, angels run and hide
Qua Patet Orbis


Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:11 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 18
Post 
I do not mind a little fish guts..

It is easier to skewer them on twigs or thin branches I've found

I lost most of my cooking equipment a while back due to a raid on where I was camping.


Dusty could only hope now that his twig didn't burn into. He smiled to the fact that this was the first time he used a twig to cook his fish. Dusty Picked out a big chunk of fish and put it on the end of his stick and went to roasting...

Sniff Sniff!!!!!!!1

Dustys Tummy would roll to the thought of it.. He couldn't wait to eat it had been day's since he had a meal such as this. Now if only it tasted as good as it looked..

I've some herbs that should enhance the flavor of the fish nicely if you care to use them..

Dusty looked at Angelica for a sec.. and thought to himself.. it could have been offered before he had his fish on flames. He reached over took some herb's for the fish and put it back over the flame's. Dusty was thinking that it could have been that so many people being around that took her so long to offer the herb's..

Dusty! Long time no see, friend. Its Toph.

Dusty rose up and stood turning around to where Toph had yelled out. But Dusty was finding that Angelica had stood up in front of him in a protective stance but she didn't look as if she wanted Dusty or the other's to know this. But why Dusty thought to him self. She was already up and between dusty and toph before Dusty heard Toph yell out she must have heard his foot step's coming from the distance.. This would stay on Dusty's mind for the rest of the night...

Dusty welcomed toph to the group and showed him a place by the fire..

The Moon finally peeked through the branches of the tree tops. The wind would pick up for a bit and then calm back down. In the distance you could faintly hear an owl calling.. It was relaxing to most with the sound of the water fall mixed in with everything else. Dusty Look around the fire and realized that it might his friend that was calling him back to this place. He then smiled at Gabriels remark about taking pride in himself.. for he always' did. Gabriel stood after a few hour’s of everyone having fun talking and eating.. when he got up and roamed about as he set up watch for the night for everyone.

Dusty fixed his last bit of fish for himself.. his mouth opened wide and he closed down on the crunchy fish.. it didn’t take him long to spit it out.. for he had a bone driven in his gum’s. He looked at Sithathor, and he then pulled it out.


Sorry about that it’s not the food but the bone that caused me to spit the food out..

Everyone laughed at dusty and he felt embarrassed. Dusty could taste blood mixing in with what was left of the fish taste in his mouth. He looks around and felt like he could take a walk at this time.. He stood up and walked around a bit.

It is such a nice night.. After a meal like that I believe I will have to walk some of it off.. I hope you all don’t mind if I roam around a bit.. it will not take me long.. I just got to walk a bit so I can sleep better.

Dusty looked over at Angelica and smiled.

Would you like to join me as I take my walk.. I wont be long, with a night like this it is to early to go to bed..

Dusty dropped his arm down to Angelica so that if she want to come he would help her up. There has been a lot happen today and people show up that Dusty knows and don’t know. But Angelica seemed like she had more on her mind than the other’s.. could it be that she was falling in love with dusty so fast already or was it that Foret or Darden sent her to kill him.. or even bring him to them.. Something was up with her and Dusty thought this could be the perfect time to find out.. before they left at dawn.

_________________
~The One that will die for his leaders!~
~The Keepers will Ride Forever!~
Honor & Pride
Co-GM ~TDoD~


Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:15 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:51 am
Posts: 12
Post 
Sithathor ate and politely talked to anyone who offered conversation. It was an enjoyable change to be a member of a group once more. She hoped quietly to herself that she would continue being part of the group more so than last she were in one which seemed to fall hastily into bickering and petty fights. As the night wore on the moon rose Sithathor excused herself and walked down towards the waterfall.

It had been a couple of days since she had properly bathed. And after a couple of days of riding it is always a pleasure to finally get out of your ridding clothes and to wash yourself. The sky was bright even though it was late and the air was chill on Sithathor naked skin once she had peeled off her armour and clothes. She bathed for a while and washed her tunic and other under clothes and then whistled for her horse. Re slowly wondered towards her chewing on some grass here and there. Sithathor loved the horse dearly and was sure he was taking his time just to annoy her.

After she had finished her bathing, and washing, Re had finally come to stand beside the waters edge where she was bathing. She stood up and removed fresh underclothes of a loose tunic and leggings from a satchel on Re’s saddle. She patted the horse’s dark brown mane fondly and then made her way back to the group. Some who had seemed to have settled down to rest. She hung her wet garments a little away from the fire upon a branch making sure none would drip on ay sleeping party member. She loosely tied her belt around her waist and left her armour where she was planning to sleep. She laid down bedroll that had been tied to Re’s saddle and placed her cloak upon it as a form of blanket.

She looked around for the man called Gabriel who had brought the fish;
“If you need any help with the watch, or when you feel yourself getting tired feel free to wake me and I will take over” She said with a smile. The elf did not seem to worry about how her tunic was sticking to her still wet body. Maybe she had been out in the wild for too long?


Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:42 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:24 am
Posts: 7
Post 
As Dusty walks down the dusty road, the others follow behind, telling him to join this and that, but no one knows whats in his mind... Dusty knew that if he could find his old friend Slim, things will begin to change, but what he doesnt know is that this so called Slim is only a mile in range... But luckily some sevants had spotted them, and took them back to Slim. It had been many years since they first ever had met, and now Dusty has grown a lot in skills, that i must admit... And now together their hearts were set, to be the ones who will die for their leaders and the worlds greatest warrior.

§§§•••~NV~•••§§§


Last edited by ~Slim~ on Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:42 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:50 am
Posts: 16
Location: First Star to the Right
Post 
Angelica placed some of the herbs upon a piece of fish, and finding her own twig, set the fish to cooking upon the fire. She could not help but notice that Dusty had given her a rather strange look as she'd offered the herbs, and though she had seen that his fish was already cooking, she had only been trying to be polite. She felt the warmth of a blush rise to her cheeks at his queer look, and seeing that nobody else would be accepting her offer of the herbs, she placed them back into her pouch somewhat self-consciously. Angelica sighed softly, she was not making the impression which she'd hoped to make.

The meal was only interrupted one time, when Dusty suddenly spit out the mouthful of food he'd had. He glanced at Sithathor and explained that a bone had gotten painfully into his gum, causing him to spit out the food. As the other members of the group chuckled, Angelica saw the slightest hint of a blush creep up his cheeks....and she felt badly for the man. She'd seen nothing humorous in the action, and had remained silent while the others laughed.

The group ate their meal of fish with some slight small talk among them. When the meal was done, the various members of the group set about their own tasks. The one known as Gabriel set about making sure that the camp would be secure for the night, as he set himself up so that he could take the first watch. Angelica had been prepared to do the very same thing, however since Gabriel had beaten her to it, she silently resolved to relieve him during the middle of the night....taking the second watch for herself. She just hoped that she'd be able to get some sleep before her turn for watch came....for her mind was spinning, thoughts and questions swirling about so that she was not sure she'd be able to quiet them enough to be able to manage sleep.

After having spit out the fish, Dusty had risen to his feet, explaining the need...or desire...for a walk before bed. As he did so, he gazed at Angelica and her heart skipped a beat as he unleashed the full force of his smile upon her....inviting her to join him upon his walk. Angelica knew that she had to accompany him upon his walk...for his own protection, she told herself. She smiled slightly, nodding her head in assent, as she took the arm he'd offered to help her rise from the ground. She rose lithely to her feet and waited for him to set their direction. As they moved away from the group, Angelica was lost within her own thoughts. It was after some time, that she spoke.


Why did you ask me to join you upon your walk? Sithathor has gone out of her way to try and impress you, and yet it was I whom you invited, and not her. Why?

Angelica had been very young when she'd been called to serve Isonia. So she knew very little of the relationships which were shared between men and women. It was not guile which prompted her to question Dusty as she had...but plain old curiousity. Although she'd matured to womanhood, in many ways, Angelica possessed the guileless innocence of a child....and it was this very innocence which prompted her to ask questions which a -regular- lady would never have thought of asking.

_________________
They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth.
~SILENCE~


Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:07 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 16
Post 
Cyric slowly walked down the road. Old, frail, and gray, he slowly made his way on. Near the road a small girl was playing. She seemed young to be out by herself, but there was a farm house not to far away.

"Young one, I heard that a gent by the name of Dusty was riding a horse down this way, could you by chance tell me where he is now or which way he has gone?"

The lil girl looked up and shook her head. She either didn't understand his language or didn't know who Dusty was. One of the things that has changed in this land... once everyone knew who he was... how he was just another begger walking the road in search of... something.


Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:23 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:56 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Still here though i dont play anymore
Post 
As camp was made Gabriel took first watch, Sithathor told Gabriel that she would be glad to take watch over from him, but Gabriel respectfully declined.
"There is no need for you to stand watch, I could not led such a lovely lady take watch if I know I will be up all night".
I rather have that you get a good nights rest. You already did a great job of prepairing the fish for us, and me as a angler can know.

Dusty and Angelica took a walk before goin to sleep. Gabriel sat down by the fire put a cloak around him where he hid his knives.
The night felt query to Gabriel, he had the feeling if thousands of eyes were watching him. It just didn't feel right, that was why he took first watch. Gabriel knew he couldn't sleep anyway.
Angelica wanted to relieve him but if she came Gabriel wouldn't go to sleep anyways because of all those eyes.

The night be would be long and very dark that was Gabriel knew. He just hoped that evil wouldn't come lurking around the corner.

_________________
When we dance, angels run and hide
Qua Patet Orbis


Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:25 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 335
Location: CA
Post 
Toph watched Gabriel through slitted eyes, watching the man's movements. He felt it too, the eyes... something was in the forest, and Toph didnt want to know what it was.

Toph laid down, and shut his eyes, trying to sleep, but also mentally taking note of a few spells that he knew. Fireballs, walls of air, traps stronger than any phyiscal ones... they were all too noticable. Another practicioner of the Art would be able to sense Toph's actions from at least a mile away, and as much as people denied it, there were those practicioners who did not posess the most... perfect morals.

Toph finally settled on a particular ward, one that would alert Toph to any intrusions within it. Toph concentrated, and smiled as the ward took effect, wrapping their camping spot in invisible strings of force.

Toph pushed himself up into a sitting position, checking where his bow and sword were located, before meeting Gabriel's eyes, nodding, and lying back down again, to try and sleep...

_________________
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash


Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore
Free Browser Based Strategy Game - Fantasy Authors, Books and Series