It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Of Islands and Intop (IOM march on TEN) 
Intop's Chosen

Post Of Islands and Intop (IOM march on TEN)
Stats taken from just prior to the onset of Burning from IOM
FURY OF THE TEN (TEN) 12 3,518,097 293,174
ISLE OF THE MASTABAS (IOM) 15 3,390,390 226,026

Stats taken from this post
FURY OF THE TEN (TEN) 12 2,796,404 233,033
ISLE OF THE MASTABAS (IOM) 15 2,724,383 181,625

Differnce after the majority of IOMs initial assault
FURY OF THE TEN (TEN) 12 -721,693 -60,141
ISLE OF THE MASTABAS (IOM) 15 -666,007 -44,401

A piece of parchment lay awaiting Niurin on the desk in his tower. A hasty note scrawled from one of his allies in the faith, outlined the posibility of an incursion from the Islands of Mastabas. Learned scholars set to work to find out when the Islanders were most likely to attack, while scribes sent missives throughout the empire with urgent dispactes outlining the likelyhood of enemy incursions, and the orders from the War Council of Intop ensuring that realms were made as defensive as possible. Then he waited, poised for news from the warfront, with a small group of his followers.

Finally news arrived from Canis that burning had started within the realms of TEN. This was the signal that had been waited for. Summoning the small group of warriors, sorcerers and theives awaiting the signal, Niurin ordered the offensive. Battle was joined on the frontlines as the Islanders who had sent vast quantities of sorcerers into the field, where invaded by a hoard of pillaging vampiric assassins, armed with torches to burn the frontline alters to the false Goddess.

Not all news from the war front was positive however. A pidgeon sent from the realm of Killer outlined the first successful incursion by IOM warriors, however, attached to the parchment was a summary of two realms devistated by Killers theives prior to the strikes. TENs full counter attack would have to wait until a little later on, when the armies managed to gather in strength. But it seemed that the 'ambush' prepaired for the incoming sorcerers from Mastabas may prove to be of paramount importance int he longrun of the war. Only time would tell.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:11 pm
Stablehand

It had been a long time since the not-so-young anymore, half elven woman had worked with a group of any kind. For many moon now, she'd just been living off the land as a hermit. But here she found herself contracted as an assasin for IOM, and it was time for her first job.

Bare, caloused feet padded through the lands of the TEN, ducking behind bushes and jumping through trees. She was after the comanders of the individual armies in attempt to take out leadership, so as to cause confusion among the lower ranks. The ranking officers of the first kingdom she came to were real killers and if you didn't know better, you'd think Misty nearly smiled when she stuck her blade in their bellies. The peasants were running for cover, and the troops were backtracking in a chaotic attempt to find some strength in their numbers, but alas they did not, and were quickly overcome by the armies of Isonia.

With agile legs that were used to living in the wild, Misty climbed into a tree and perched there to watch the action unfold bellow. It was a bloody, gorry mess, and sorcerers were working overtime alongside the warriors, until finally every last acre of this realm was taken by IOM. Peering into a crack in the trunk of the large old tree, Misty found a wild mushroom growing there, and she picked it, and popped it into her mouth. Savoring the flavor, and gazing around her for safe passage to her next destination, she wondered just what it was she hoped to gain by this new alegiance.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:12 am
Stablehand

Gem walked serenly through the ranks her troops and praised them for a job well done. All around her kingdom lay the evidnce of the preperation and begings of war. She slapped leather gloves against her thigh in a habit of anxity and nevousness. "We mush be on our guard. We can be brought down swiftly with the right planning on their part and I'll not pretend that our realm is invincible!" She called out to her warriors as the gentle breeze made her wrods drift back to even the farthest soilder. "This is our home and out livley hood at stake and we must hold out as long as possible."

With those parting words she went to her cambers and called for her High Council. "Everyone", She said sternly as she pushed straigh black hair from her face,"We have the job of keeping our people safe and sound while helping to provide a Victory for the Mastabas. We Must devise a plan to do this?"

She listened silently while her avisors told of things they thought would help achive her ultamate goal. But nothing was satisftory to the plan she had already devised. She sighed in frustration with the useless people appointed to advise her. She sunk down in a chair at the desk and rested her cheek in her palm as she began to writ eout missives.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:14 am
Stablehand

Garm listened silently to the reports on his first assults and nodded. Every thing was quite his way. He leaned back in his chair and watched smoke rings dirft up lazily from his pipe. He was quite pleased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later that evening one of his lookouts came to him. "My Lord, we have had various scoutings from kingdoms of the TEN. What do you wish to do?"
Garm meerly waved a hand at him saying,"Not to worry, not to worry. I am currently working on the situation. Get back to your post." He was so far lucky every thing had not gone to hell in a hand basket in the blink of an eye.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:29 am
Stablehand

Rob marches into Bats lands takes his money and his land without him even finding out. "Bat do you want this land back, I don't think you were using it for much." Rob runs off to his newly acquired acres and sets his people to build Rob's empire larger than before.

Rob's generals send back reports of light retaliation on the part of him taking the acres. Rob replies back with a parchment sent to his top general "don't let down your guard they will come back for their land." Rob's men lay waiting.

A little update:
FURY OF THE TEN (TEN) 11 2,245,174 204,106
ISLE OF THE MASTABAS (IOM) 15 1,502,391 100,159

Leto is back!

Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:26 am
Stablehand

The devastation was immense, the islanders thieves had slipped past Pyrens defenses and laid waste to his temples.Then thier sorcerors struck and in moments half of his city was burnt to the ground,but it was expected and planned for.
The lords and ladies of IOM had taken the bait with a full bite, For it was only moments after the news of war had been declared that Pyren attacked their #2 kingdom, albeit his generals thought it folly when his attacks did lil damage and begged him to move to easier targets.Turning to his generals and calmly stating to them his war plan..

My esteemed Generals, some of you have seen fit to question my reasoning in attacking a kingdom who's sorcery power is greater then our own...Is it folly ?...perhaps to some, but i say it has made it easier for the next to blast him to pieces using less resources then what was needed to begin with. It is with great pleasure that i inform you that the kingdom we initally hit at the onset has been all but destroyed. We now face only one with enough man power to harm us..i'd say my plan worked to a tee what say you ..hmm?.....What no answer very well you may return to your units and prepare, we march soon.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:39 am
Stablehand

Surveying his land from his mountain fortress Tovarn notices a strange smoke drifting towards him from the vicinity of the temples. "Servant tell one of my guards to find out why smoke is rising from the temple area. I don't think the news will be good."
Suddenly a messenger walks in "They are burning the temples. Our enemies are burning the temples."

As soon as the messenger had finished Tovarn watched as building after building crumbled under the relentless sorcery attacks from the enemy. Dust seemed to cascade down the sides of building like water and the sky seemed to be raining boulders. He watched as he saw people running from street to street to avoid the falling debris and vicious onslaught of sorcery.

"What is our plan of action."

"We wait until they stop using magic against us give half of the decimated land to Darden, move the remaining peasants into the fortress and use whatever military forces we have left to offer some resistance."

Tovarn then watches as the generals ready the remaining soldiers for battle, peasants coming to the fortress and he watches as half of the decimated land is turned over to the church of Darden. He watches as the remnants of his army marches off to war. The generals at the front report their success. On the homefront though several more sorcery attacks are leveled against Tovarn and the remaining troops and the enemy breaks through the battered defenders of the realm.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Stablehand

When Alamar prepared for the oncoming war with TEN, he thought to himself: "This time I will get them. This time I will be the first to attack, the first to summon my sorcerers and devastate the heathens' kingdoms". Since he built his first kingdom he had always been striken by the misery of seeing his temples burned and later -- his whole kingdom trashed by sorcery attacks before even he could realize what was going on. This time would be different. This time he would be the one to strike, the one to use the full might of his temples. He was ready and well defended against thieves' assaults on his temples, his spy network on the alert. The only thing he needed was an official order and a target from his command leader. Very soon, he would have that as well and he would come out victorious. Very soon...

Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:31 am
Stablehand

Still waiting anxiously for the ettack, Alamar received a scrool from one of his bird messengers.

"The war is on! Be prepared for sorcery and attack. Your target will come very soon!"

~~~Lord Batlord~~~~

He waited anxiously again, barely restraining himslef not to attack any enemy kingdom. What difference woult it make, as long as he used his powers to the fullest. But no, he restrained this initial surge to attack whoever, because he knew his commander would not approve of it. He also knew he had to use the elan he had against the correct target, since this was going to be crucial in the upcoming war. After what seemed an eternity, he finally received another scroll from Batlord.

"Here are your targets:...........
Unleash hell on them!!!"

Jubilant, Alamar sent commands immediately to his sorcerors to prepare the attacks. The heathens would feel his wrath this time. Then, the impossible happened! A giant fireball came as if from nowhere and hit the ground near his castle. Then the area around burst with water, hurricanes and lightning lances. His kingdom was being attacked by sorcery.

How was this possible?

Then he received an urgent message from one of his spies that they had been breached and his temples lay in ruins. So would his kingdom very soon. Furious with this misfortune Alamar ordered the fast rebuilding of many of his temples, just as much as to carry on his commands. Even if he had to use the last of his resources he would not allow the same thing to happen again. With these thoughts he started giving orders....

Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:39 am
Stablehand

Post .
After some dealing and receiving on the first day of the battle. All began to be a bit more quite. Not relaxed, plans were made. Attacks took place. Only on a smaller level this time.
A lot of fierce warriors from the first day were lost. The flagship, a galleon was gone too. That made it look back to the old days. Take a small ship and capture a large cargo vessel.

He felt the pirate days are back again

Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:11 am
Stablehand

Well now, three leaders had died at her hand, and she was skirting the outside of a fourth realm. Testing the waters, so to speek, before she went in. There were alot of towers protecting this so-called Rorshach's realm, but as Misty went in for a closer look, saw that they weren't armed with anyone. Fake dummies stood watch. This must've been some sort of trick, she thought, and climbed to the top of the first tower. Wearily, she approached the stuffed shirt, and poked at it with her blade. Nothing happened. She moved in a little closer, and picked it up, and still.. found nothing.

A bit confused, she climbed back down the tower, and went back to the last realm she'd been, and picked up one of the generals she'd slain earlier by the hair, and with one quick flowing movement, she cut off his head. Trotting, and with a bit of an attitude now, she carried the head back to the tower, and once again climbed up to the top. She perched the head on top of the stuffed shirt, and possitioned it just so. A little message for stuffy there to take to his leaders. Gruesom? yes? But, that's just how she was, and even more so after feasting on the wild mushrooms.

This time when she made her way back down the tower, she was a more confident, and she left the borders of the realm. Making her way back into the wooded area, she climbed a tree and just watched. She'd be back...

Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:13 am
Stablehand

IT SURE WAS A NICE DAY. TWO HEATHENS AND THE FOLLOWERS OF THESE PEOPLE WERE SORCERED SO HARD THAT ONLY A FEW BUILDINGS STAND UP UNTOUCHED. ALL THE OTHERS WERE IN ASHES, A BLACK SMOKE SURROUNDING THE REMAINS OF WHAT WAS ONCE A FIERCE TEN KINGDOM.

THANKS TO THE TEAMWORK THE TEN MEMBERS WERE NOW SLAIN BACK TO THE FAR CORNER OF THE ISLAND. tHIS WAS CERTAINLY THE TURNING POINT OF THIS WAR.

ONLY ONE STRONGHOLD WAS STILL STANDING BUT I BET NOT FOR LONG ANYMORE.

((Please do not shout in your roleplay. Not all the way through and with sentences that aren't "speech". Please edit so that your post is not in all caps so it doesn't hurt my eyes to read it. Thank you! -V. Jasmine))

Last edited by Killerqueen on Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:33 pm
Stablehand

Post our lands getting burnt
OH MY GOD!!

Call out the guards we must build more temples to honor our gods! The enemies’ magical powers are so intense there destroying our lands. There powers are laying waste to many of our fortresses!

Call out our builders, tell our armies to stop there advance come home we must rebuild or we will be crushed!

Many of our builders return home our armies put down there weapons and armor to take up building equipment. The trees are flying as our people have all come together to work on the rebuilding of our land.

My lord our lands have been rebuilt! Our churches need to be rebuilt next to try and hold off o there Magical abilities. Although at this time we have exhausted all of our energies, it is later and we must continue this tomorrow.

Go home sleep off the tiredness, we shall complete all the next day……

[glow=#330033]
~Just looking around~[/glow]
[center][shadow=#FF0033]
Life is it playing this game...[/shadow][/center]

Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:32 pm
Stablehand

My lord the enemies have returned, our alarms sounding off in town the bells ringing in every tower….

The people are awakened from there sleep …. All scrambling trying to take cover as the magical powers of the enemy have returned forts and buildings are ablaze.

Our dead and buildings wasted again, this has got to dampen the faith of our people some I am sure… so far families have run underground to try to survive the storms. Many of our once proud armies running about trying to stop the burning building save some of there homes.

Enough…… gather all our forces this must come to an end! Our armies have gathered on our borders, time to move onward forward to teach the heathens there thier heads are mine! I stand in front of our forces; with both my hands I raise high my double edged axe. See here my peoples I caught these fellers last night…sneaking into our lands. With that I boot heathen’s heads into the crowd of my armies…. No more shall we stand for there arrogance or there magic’s time to spill there blood!!!

We advance to their borders to find most of there army missing seems they left behind a lot of thieves, our armies are able to cut them up with ease…..Many of our people will be very pleased with us returning with such good news that we have stopped the heathens attacks and there fear will be us returning.

[glow=#330033]
~Just looking around~[/glow]
[center][shadow=#FF0033]
Life is it playing this game...[/shadow][/center]

Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:29 pm
Stablehand

And return she did! Waiting for the time to be right, under the cover of night, and when she had the backup of the guild she was hired to work for, she went in.

His defences were low, and in fact she saw much of the same she'd seen on the tower... Just dummies. It was strange to say the least, and she didn't know if she'd ever encountered such tactics. The half elvin woman kept ducking behind bushes on her way in, and expecting an ambush to come from somewhere. A few areas were covered in a fog, but for the most part, the place was left utterly undefended. Just bizarre.

She went in, and took care of her duties, and was out before she knew it. Receiving orders of her next target, she made her move. She always traveled by the light of the day, and struck at night, so the following night, she went in and surveyed her next job. Yet another job that apears to be too easy. The life of an assasin didn't seem to be what it once was.

Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:55 am
Stablehand

It was again silent in the lands of the Mastabas and also in the lands of Ten. There was a ceasefire agreed and the people from both camps were very busy rebuilding the houses, the forts and the training camps. It was time for a good bed and strong tales at the fire place.

The Killerqueen returned home to meet her kids and husband.
It was good to be home and she took a deep breath.

A lonely tear felt down on the floor when thinking of her family

Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:32 pm
Stablehand

as i look across the great Lands.
it is quite clear That Isonia has a Stronghold, or are in postion to Take control of this World at the very least.....

we must stand with our Brothers , we must look to the North, there is one who has wronged us there.... and there are 2 who wronged Isonia in ages Past.....

Prepare your Armies
The Isles will soon set Sail Again.

To our Enemies from the last War.
Well Fought ... We now leave you in Peace.

Strengh and Honor

Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:15 pm
Stablehand

Post .
The bird slowed down and the people hold there breath. In a smooth manouvre the bird did enter the cage and folded his wings back.

Two hands grabbed the bird and took a small leather bag of the birds neck. As quick as her feet can carry, she ran towards the messenger waiting with his horse. Whe he see the woman running towards him, he jumped on the back of the horse. She passed the leather bag and he rides like a storm.

After a few hours the messenger was stopped by a border patrol of ten soldiers. He gave the bag to the commander.

A day later the seal was broken and the leader of Ten reads the message.
To all brave warrior involved in our last battle, I lord Uhl do respect your courage in battle. Hope to see you on the field of honour agian.

Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:09 pm