It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:28 am

Thieving the Ministry (Chan'ti VS MoS) 
Stablehand

Post Thieving the Ministry (Chan'ti VS MoS)
It was done, the peaceful ways had to be blinded, the city was thriving and bursting at the seem, more land was needed and Forets prayers were needed elsewhere. The Pacifist would have to claim more land to expand his empire. Through War, peace would come as Foret was the chosen God.

Many hours were spent training, and the Salamanders were soon of the elite. Inspired not by a dream of devastation, but by a calming pacifist world.

Guided by the light of Foret, they travelled the lands. The signs claimed the lands for Isonia, branched out to the Minstry of Stone. The cries of the peasants were not for help from war, but a cry for help from the tyrranical rule. It was all we could do to relieve them of the false lives they lived.

OOC: Best of luck to the Ministry. Its like 3 of us vs 10 or so of them.

Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:31 pm
Stablehand

The battle lines were confused in the beginning of our last conflict against those Darden's blinded by Divine Light. We drew up strong and ready to lead a united Isonian lance against them but while we pierced their one side, they began a major offensive into the lands of the mages of Callineb. This was not the way it was supposed to be. How often war was like that.

We supported our allies as best we could striking back and forth along the borders, at times merging our cavalry with the best of Callineb to add strength to their lines. But it was too late to turn the tide of battle completely in our favour and as the armies of Callineb eventually fell back exhausted in the face of Darden's envy, we too began the march homewards.

Some of those Isonians never made it home. For in what was an unholy hour, not even a days journey from the Stone entrance, brigands descended upon some of the returning armies. Indeed we had fallen foul of desperate heathens, in less than 2 days since our last conflict, this time Foret's slaves. There was a time not so long ago when we were given four days respite, now only two, why surely we should expect to fight the next war within mere hours of this forthcoming peace? The Isle must be seething with so much conflict that there is no time at all to replenish the population for all this unwarranted murder.

The messenger, red-faced after the break neck ride from the broken forces reported to me. Drow cutthroats...they were upon us as we returned exhausted. We saw the signs, we did, we did...but they knew our resources were limited given our recent war…only when they had left us awash in our blood could we know them.

Chan'ti. Warriors none of them. Stealth and shadow were their only allies. They skulk out of sight, waiting for weariness, for sleep, for any advantage they can get. They would fall if we found them. But could we find them?

As I sped up my mount to meet with the remaining Ministry forces sooner, I was again reminded, this was not the way it was supposed to be. How often war was like that.

~Maxim Code of Conduct~

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:34 am
Stablehand

Punished, they must be punished. War to make more war is the dirtiest of sin.

"I WAR FOR PEACE, WE WAR FOR PEACE, DO NOT FALL IN THE FACE OF THE ENEMY, THE FEAR IN HIS EYES IS NOT OF YOU, ITS OF THE RIGHTEOUS LIGHT BEHIND YOU."

Pete stirred his ranks, he had to do something to convince himself that he was doing the right thing.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:33 am
Stablehand

The Dark Lords have gathered around the table. The messenger from the Conspirator has just arrived. His legs still trembling, he silently passed over the parchment and left the room with a short salutation.

"Let'sss see, what's the newsss!" - hissed the One-eyed. His snake-like tongues licked his lips as he broke the message open.

"Exxxcellent, the pagans have jussst returned and left the walls unguarded. The table is set for usss." - his eyes glowing in red fire, he tossed the paper to the table.

Minutes later, legions of assassins left the gates of the City, to climb the walls of heathen fortresses, deep within the lands of the Ministry. The sinister plan of the Conspirator was to strike with deadly precision, deep in the heart of the Ministry. While they're sleeping. While they're regrouping. While they leave the gates unguarded.

While they're weak and vulnerable.

The time has come to show this world that the Dark Lords have returned and noone is secure anymore. It has been a long-long time since the unsuspecting peons of the Mortal World felt the sharpness of the poisoned blades. Too much time for them, but just a blink of an eye for the Half-Dead. The Lord of the Underworld urges for fresh blood spilt on the ground. The Halls of the Dead is empty and has to be filled with souls of sinners.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:30 am
Stablehand

the warrior had returned home to find his kingdom overran by those of Foret as he had been fighting a Battle with Those of Darden. he wasn't surprised by this. this is his own fault for leaving such a small battalion to guard his lands. he wasn't worried of a strike from Darden as peace had just been Declared, and the Dardens had showed Honor in 3 Massive wars against them, He Wonders have the Fotets forgot that The Overpowering Armies of Ten Had almost wiped their Faith Out of Existence, With the Darden That the Ministry had Took Down these Foolish Heathens should have Thanked the Ministry for their Valor in Destroying Realms that had almost wiped out their Faith.Instead the Attack us while our times of Mourning our Dead are but 1 night old.What Fools these Isle Forets must be.

Scribe Take these Scrolls to our Chosen and tell the Peasants to expect the worst for this will not end until all but Ash's are left of these Fools for their Lack of Honor and Twisted sense of Courage

WANTON FLAYS OF PA WO NEN DEI[/center]

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:27 pm
Stablehand

Slowly the resolve of death can turn a man crazy, as Pete himself, Pacifist by nature became more and more blod hungary. He could be seen walking through the newly conquered streets with a confident yet still kind smile. Not much force was needed to conquer these war torn lands, and the liberated peasants seemed somewhat relieved that a strong leader was accepting them, granting them asylum and most importantly protection.

A messenger arrived from the kingdom of Pete.

"Sire, this morning, many temples has been set on fire, someone is abusing the shadows more than us, and we have not found a kingdom of the Ministry capable of such perfection."

"Well young messenger, Knights of Isonia have no caution against helping one another, all their banner are bathed in purple. Gather as many shadows as possible, see if we can put an end to this."

"Aye, sir."

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:41 pm
Stablehand

[OOC: erm actually, I believe that was me burning if thats what you mean?]

Death of an Agent

The secretive group traveled like black mist through the Isle, uncaring and insubstantial. Did I have any operatives within their ranks, anyone to fight stealth with stealth? How much easier it was to infiltrate those kingdoms who cared for nothing but war.

But there was an opening. A small window of opportunity. And with guile and stealth, the very last of our operatives within the Foretian temples of Chan'ti, dormant until now, sparked into action. His false robes now cast aside, he set alight a fire to run through the source of Foret's inspiration. With this done, his role was over and his life. Such a flagrant act could only destroy his cover and he stayed within the flames of the Temple rather than succumb to the poison of their blades. I believed he smiled as he burned, so strong was his devotion to the Goddess.

~Maxim Code of Conduct~

Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:02 pm
Stablehand

M'Lord News From the Front. Their Leader has Died in Battle they have 2 Strongholds left and we have Discovered a New Realm

No Sooner than the Scribe had Arrived The Warlord saw the Armies of Lady Judima and Lord Kaiser Approaching, he could see their men were well rested and prepared to march once more, he Calls the Great Generals to his Tent.

M'Lady, Lord Kaiser the heathens have 2 strongholds , one Droben the other An Elemental. This Droben is 3 Times our size but i have no Doubt in your strength as Commanders to overcome this Droben Fool. I will Strike at the Left Flank while Lady Judima sends her Battalions to the Right. Lord Kaiser your Forces are to Storm the Front we Shall met in the Middle

The 3 Warriors were to much For the Droben Heathen , all 3 were advancing with ease nothing but ruble remain of this once mighty Droben.

The Warlord Rides the the Mountain Peak and peers into the lands of Pacifist Pete and shakes his head at the foolishness of such an attack on the Ministry.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:24 pm
Stablehand

"Sire, we have trained every man possible for thieving, and somehow it is not enough. Some of our markets are on fire as we speak. I have personally seen the largest Isonian lands, and we are bigger than them."

"Dammit!" The messenger was taken aback by the emotion and language being displayed by Pete, "Train the females, train the children, fill every building, every acre with someone. The people must feel safe."

Two of the Chan'ti kingdoms had fallen, and Pete remained the last stronghold. He would fight longer than he needed to, and harder than he needed to. More would fall just to take him down.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:30 pm
Stablehand

dont even go there, why would we have you burnt then attack without sorcery ?

think man think.

dont qustion the Honor of our guild i will take it personaly

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 pm
Stablehand

i said markets were burned, what does that have to do with sorcery, in the words of you "think man, think."

Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:46 pm
Stablehand

ooc last post of ooc for me contact me q or pm

"Sire, this morning, many temples has been set on fire, someone is abusing the shadows more than us, and we have not found a kingdom of the Ministry capable of such perfection."

recognize those words Heathen

Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:07 pm
Stablehand

[OOC: No, no, no. What sort of RP is this you guys? *spanks* Try using PM for that sort of rubbish.]

They had an annoying way of cutting off our supply lines. If it wasn't already hard enough to get supplies around the mountain range already. They exploited this weakness as they had the others. If they had the numbers they would have crushed us much earlier. It was here that we had an advantage.

And our lines were not as heavy as they seemed. The hardy horses made good speed across the lands, breaking off when attacked, to regroup later. All their stealth could not avail them, once we had found each fortification. Why did Chan'ti hope for a quick and silent victory over us? To delay our journey homewards? Most likely there was some other dark purpose for their sudden assault but they would most likely melt back into the shadows before reveal it.

But we would try nonetheless to pry some secret from their forked tongues before they were killed. After some frustrating assaults and false leads, this latest attack on a fortress of Chan'ti was a great coup. With precision the Clergyman Exodus led the armies of the Acolytes and Faithful. They eventually cornered and surrounded the enemy, storming through the stronghold. Cold Faith splintered their forces asunder, and they were quick to slaughter the inhabitants, no sense in risking a scratch from a poisoned blade.

But I required a prisoner. Just one would be enough. How easy was it to capture a Foretian assassin? I wanted one bound and returned to the Ministry where they would be questioned in the depths our the Monastery. It was about time I had some answers.

~Maxim Code of Conduct~

Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:01 am
Stablehand

Unruly and unresponsive. I was mildly surprised. One would have thought that such a small group of dedication heathens would be more…disciplined. Did some Foretian with an even darker purpose manage to infiltrate their very Order, sowing chaos for his own self-serving motives?

We may never have known if not for the transgression of a binding peace agreement. An agreement sort after from the Chan'ti as they remained with but one mighty stronghold left to defend. An agreement that received our nod of approval in good faith with no argument on conditions at all. But now I wonder if perhaps there was no argument because there was no concern, no real interest in upholding any such agreement? But what would the heathens hope to gain from breaking a peace?

The blatant and open reduction of our marketplaces as we finally rested our armies was incredulous. With unbelieving eyes I poured over the report showing the trail of destruction left by one member of Chan'ti known as the stone master. Excommunicated came the reply from the unconcerned Master of Assassins. As if I hadn't already discovered that the stone master had in all haste dropped his Chan'ti banners after the cowardly act. Were Chan'ti now claiming no responsibility for this rogue?

But that was not all to come. The assassin Lathrop also thought to ease his frustrations by sending forth Foretian sorcery to several under the banner of the Ministry before just as quickly disbanding his forces. Does Chan'ti still claim no responsibility when at least half of their guild now have taken hostile actions after we had laid down our axes to return home? We have received half-hearted promises of recompense from a pacifist whose word had been found lacking already. What should we make of this?
Quote:
Missive to the Chan'ti from Matriarch Anne of the Ministry

I need not spell out your failings as you know them well enough. In every conflict the Ministry discovers more of the ways of the heathen, and this we consider of great importance. Of the Chan'ti we have discovered your word to be little more than meaningless.

I give notice hereby that the coward Lathrop also known as Lath has been discovered once again holding your banners. His fate is at the mercy of the Ministry as it is obvious he has no interest in your 'peace'. May Isonia judge him swiftly.

Although you have accepted his kind back to your fold and in doing such acknowledge his actions, the Ministry has found mercy to leave your others at peace. As to the matter of your whisperings of this 'peace' around the Isle, which again transgressed your agreement with us, we withhold our judgement for the moment.

Do not think us harsh, for we have been and are still accepting of other suitable recompense. You need only contact us.

~Maxim Code of Conduct~

Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:27 pm