It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:46 am

The Search for Answers VII (Closed) 
Stablehand

He smiled and kissed her back, he held her close to him not protective close but more of a loving way. He nuzzled her and then held her hand.

Love do not give my father any unneeded compliments. They go rifht to his head. Protectiveness runs in my family from both my mother and father actually. His cook usually does prepare amazing food especially when there is a new guest for him to show off for. But remember love no matter how good the food is you are still mine.

The last bit was said with a teasing grin and he smiled as he listened to the preparations being made they could just now start to smell things cooking and all.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:32 pm
Stablehand

Yes he was lucky to get my looks instead of his mothers. It makes him much more interesting I would say. Now food should be ready soon. None of us think that going back to the meadow will be easy on you but that might be what you need to do. I got a small group gathering to take on this black rose, Maybe we can get them wiped out and get your answers for you. We will head for the grouping of men come morning, Malkia I know you want the answers but remember to stick close to us as well. You will be who they are aiming for unfinished buisness. Perhaps we should take out thier whole keep. If we bring them down tehy will not resurrect again. We need to find the one that will give us the answers as well. Just so that you know.

He knew that all of this was necessary what he had assembled was an army. Men who;s families had been destroyed by something the Black rose did and even got some more sorcerers and sorceresses involved.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:38 pm
Stablehand

She giggled at his remark about her being his. She knew in her heart that no one could ever steal her away from him. He had captured her heart and there was no way she was going to let anything keep them apart if she had any say what so ever. She squeezed his hand gently and brought it to her lips and kissed it softly.

Malkia was starting to feel more comfortable around his father and laughed lightly at his remark about getting his looks instead of his mother's. Grinning up at SJ about his remark about it going to his father's head. She turned her attention back to his father and listened to his plans on how he planned to take care and finish this business once and for all.

Unfortunately I know that I will be their main target. I am a bit of unfinished business and I suppose a thorn in their side, being the one that got away, so to speak. Now having these papers in hand and the doll with whatever those stones are, must make them more anxious to dispose of me. I don't know if the answers are as important as they once were, as we have found things that have in part told the story. The elimination of the source of the threat, now, seems more important. To be able to live in peace and not always looking over my shoulder. So yes, in the morning I am sure we will be ready to get on with this.

She knew that danger lay ahead and knew too, that if she found it necessary, she would separate herself from them to protect them from danger. Even at the cost of her own life. If anything was to happen to any of SJ's family because of her, she would never be able to live with

Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:01 pm
Stablehand

Love we all know that you will be a main target. That is why you must promise me that you will stay close. I will not let any of them harm you. You know this, I can not let anyhting happen to you. We will eliminate the threat but first I want the answers that we have searched for for you and the answers you have needed for so long. I love you Malkia and I want you to have those answers so that you will never have to wonder why again please love tell me you will stay close and let me be there for you. Let us protect you.

He looked at her he knrew nothing would mean anything to him if harm came to her. He smiled and leaned down and kissed her softly. He grinned slightly at her and nuzzled her.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:13 pm
Stablehand

She snuggles into his loving arms as he kissed her and held her close. She loved him so much and didn't want to live if it ever meant living without him.

I will stay as close as safely possible Love. No one thing SJ and Dalton, if I think that my presents is bring harm to either of you, I will step away and fight the battles if needed. I know love that you want to protect me, but I will not sacrifice you or your family for me. I am but a single person, that I would not let the many to be scarified for. If this upsets you my Love, I am sorry, but as you would not allow harm to come to me, I would not allow harm to come to you.

She leans in and kisses his brow softly as she sees the furrow appear. She moved down and kissed him softly then her lips moved close to his ear as she whispered softly. I love You, SJ, with all my heart. She kissed just below his ear and nuzzled his neck softly.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:18 pm
Stablehand

He looked at her of course this was going to upset him and he tried to think more reasonably about how to word it. He was not in the mood for affection right then. This was not the time for it. He pulled back a little and looked at her.

Malkia, you will do no such thing as go off by yourself that is utterly ridiculous to think I would let that happen. Yes I am not going to let anyhting happen to you. You are what has made each day worth it. Malkia, if you love me you will let me protect you. That is what I vowed to do and I can not and will not break a vow and I am asking you to not make that vow be broken. Malkia, we have gone up against things before, please just believe in me and that I can protect you. I need to do this love.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:58 pm
Stablehand

She felt him pull back. The tension was thick in the air and she was sure that Dalton was watching closely for his son's reaction to her words. She steadied herself as he looked at her. Was that a flash of anger she saw in his eyes. It startled her a bit but was not unexpected.

Darling, I will not deliberately walk away from you. I know that you will do everything you can to protect me, but I will not let you put yourself or anyone else in harms way. I am not asking you to break your vow to me and I never would. I just want you and your father to understand that I will not back away from this fight either. In the end it is me that they want and it is me that they are going to come after. We will protect each other always. You are my world now and always not matter what happens, I will always love you.

She looked at him and his father. She hoped that they would understand what she was trying to say.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:20 pm
Stablehand

Malkia I gave a vow to protect you and if you take yourself from where I can do that then you are not letting me follow through and I need to do that. I love you Malkia and I would not want to live in a world without you. I also could not live with myself if you came to harm and I could have prevented it. I would do anything for you love and I would even risk my life for you. There is nothing that I would not do for you. All I ask is you let me do all that I can do for you. And that you do not keep me from what I can do to help. Please let me do this. Let me protect you, you have shown me something that I do not know how to describe other than pure magic that is between us.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:09 pm
Stablehand

SJ, You are my love and my life. I would not try to stop you from protecting me as I would protect you. We have a future that we are planning together and I, not less then you, want that future. I look forward to the day we wed. To the day when we have our first child and another children we have. I want us to build a life together for us and ours. I am sorry if I have upset you or your father. I just want you both to understand, that I have been fighting this battle, even if mostly from within, for so many years and I can't step away now. Until, the day at the picnic, there had been no direct attacks on me. Perhaps it was because they didn't realize that I still existed. I don't know. I just don't know. I just want to get this over with once and for all. SJ, do what you feel you must. All I ask is that you be careful. If anything happens to you because of me, I would never be able to forgive myself.

She leaned in and kissed him softly, putting her arms around him. She loved him so much and the thought of any harm coming to him was more then she could stand to think about.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:51 pm
Stablehand

He was not going to let anything happen to her. He could not. He could hear the food starting to being brought out.

You know Malkia, I will not let anything happen to you. I know this is your fight love, but it now involves all of us. We will all do what we can. I am not asking you not to do anything about it, but I am asking you to understand that I will do all that I can to protect you. That is what I am doing here and that is what i will continue to do. Just understand that i will not let them harm you and that if harm comes to me well then it happens but I will be fine. I have been through a lot in my life and have lived through it all. I could not want for anything more than to let you be free from all of this stuff. I love you you Malkia with all my heart and all my soul. Now its sounding like dinner is getting ready to be served and I am hungry as I am sure everyone is.

Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:18 pm
Stablehand

She smiled weakly up at him. How could she not love this man? He was willing to lay his own life on the line for her. He had protected and helped her through much already, in the short time they have know each other. His family had come to her aid and helped to figure out what the symbols that ran through her mind. The things she had remembered seeing that day. He had walked with her through what had once been her home. Though the memories where painful. He had see the black roses on her parents bed and on her own. He watched over her in her dreams and while awake.

Her smile grew slowly, as tears ran down her face. Tears of frustration and happiness combined. One day she hoped that when she cried, it would be for something else other then the fears that filled her now. She looked up at him again then turned her eyes to his father.

Dalton, I know that SJ is your son, and that you are here because of his involvement in what is going. If you were to decide that this is not your fight, I would understand. I wish to bring no one into harms way. If you decide that you want to stay and help, for that I would be grateful. That is true. I know that more danger then I, we, have already faced, lay ahead. The choice, as with any of your family, is yours.

Now with all said and done, I too am quite hungry. Shall we go and eat. Let us lay this to rest, at least for a short time, while we enjoy the meal prepared.

She looked from one man to the other. All these years alone, searching, hiding in the shadows, not knowing who and who not trust. Now, she had the family of a man, she had known for only a short time, to stand by her. A man that she had fallen in love with.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:42 pm
Stablehand

Morgan rolled his eyes at the filthy barbarian before him, clearly his pirates were spoiled... and that was the way he preferred it. Spoiled crewmen always had an insatiable thirst that could never be quenched, and thus always kept them motived to fulfill his bidding. The pirate shifted anxiously, like a child waiting for treats.
Morgan let out a sigh, sometimes though, it was a bit of an annoyance.

Very well, go out to one of the plantation villages... pick from them any young girl that your loins desire... but see to it that her time with you is short... my slaves have quotas to fill and arent just here for your personal amusement.... theyre here for mine.
The pirate didnt waste anytime, at the sound of his masters permission, he hurriedly went about his way to find the prettiest young girl he could. As the pirate left, and closed the heavy chamber doors behind him, Morgan lit up one of his cigars. He puffed on it for a few moments, tasting of the rich smoke as it filled his lungs, and turned to his guard.

On second thought... Have that man killed, and bring his chosen peasant girl to me... see that she is untouched by him. When you are done, Feed his body to the livestock... and you may have his possessions.

The guard smiled in the usual pirate fashion, his master was cruel... but fair. He went about his task to stalk the crewman. Morgan continued to puff on his cigar and relaxed with his feet propped up on his desk.

About an hour passed, and his guard returned with a young maiden about the age of twenty. Her skin was of fair complexion, and her body was slim, muscular, voloptuous. From her head dangled beautiful golden braids, with bangs that barely covered her stunning sea-green eyes. Her image was as if that of a carven-statue, she was stunningly beautiful. She struggled a bit under the vice grip the guard had around her arm. Morgan smiled and nodded to the guard whom in turn nodded back. The guard gave her a firm hard thrust into the middle of the chamber, she fell to her knees and hands to break her fall. He exited the room and locked the chamber doors behind him.

She was alone in the chamber with the pirate king, she slowly stood up.

You must be a new arrival to my island, clearly... you arent covered in dirt. An Elf... a rather nice choice. Tell me your name sweetheart.

Morgan's face had a sinister grin as he spoke. His voice was firm and commanding, intimidating to many a peasant folk. The Elven maiden was obviously royalty of some sort, kidnapped in of of his many raids upon coastal kingdoms, brought back as a slave to work his plantations. Though she stood in the presence of one of the most feared Pirate lords of Maxim, her voice was defiant.

I am Allewyrn of Kristandaylle, Daughter of King Pryradaious. I demand you return me at once to my homeland! Once my father hears of this, you will be punished.. by Foret's name, you will be punished unless I am sent home immediately!

Morgan smiled, she was fiesty, she had much spirit, she would someday make a fine queen for her homeland.

You impress me with your boldness young one, but alas it will do you no good here right now... although... you would make a fine captian for one of my ships... I think you should stay a bit longer, a pretty face like your own could never work my fields, but you would have your uses...

Hit stood up, walked over to her, placed a hand on her cheek. She slapped his hand away and spit at him.

I'll never succumb to your will you filthy rat! Send me home immediately, you have no idea the power your messing with... both my father and my fiance could...

Oh! How delightful, youre marked to be wed, tell me.. is he handsome..? Can he handle the sword well..?

He'd cut you to pieces, now release me!

Morgan smiled, and let out a shrieking whistle. his personal guard entered.

What be ye bidding sir?

This girl wishes to go home to be wed with her fiance...

Yaaaarrr...

For one as beautiful as she cannot be kept here, she sets sail in the morning, and she is to be delivered to the kingdom of her future-husband....

The maiden's lit up in a glimmer of hope, appreciation, and relief.

...but first... see that shes beaten and beheaded before her voyage...

The look in her eyes turned from pure joy to pure dread and terror.

...but for tonite, she is to spend the night in the crew cabins... im sure many a buccaneer would love to become accompanied with a lass as pretty as this one...

As the guardsman pulled her out the door, she struggled with all her might with no avail.. she was pleading...

Please... please... no... dont... please dont...

Morgan cocked an eyebrow, and raised his palm to halt the guard.

Oh..? You have an objection to going home, do you?

Her bold voice was softened, she was defeated.

Yes... please.. dont.. dont send me home... I beg of you.

A broad wicked smile spread over morgan's face.

Good... Have her beheaded immediately and thrown into the sea.
Nobody calls me a filthy rat...

and with that she was drug away kicking and screaming, tears streaming down her beautiful face. Morgan propped his feet up once again on his desk and puffed on his cigar. A scream was heard in the coutyard outside his masion.

that'll wipe that stupid grin off your face"

Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:48 am
Stablehand

They moved to the dining room and sat. There was wine and several different dishes to try. It seemed that Dalton, not know what she might like, had small amounts of all kinds of foods prepared. From what appeared to be some kind of seafood to beef and fowl. As the domestics brought each around, Malkia to a sampling of all of them. By the time they were done serving, her plate was over full. She looked down at the plate and then over at SJ. She saw a wide grin on his face as it appeared that he was ready to burst out laughing at her. She only laughed, the commented.

What can I say, my Love? We haven't sat down to a hot meal since we left the city. I didn't really realize just how hungry I was either. Dalton, everything looks wonderful and smells divine. With everything that I have piled on my plate, I am not sure where to start.

They sat quietly for a bit. They all were enjoyed the quiet time and the good food. Malkia leaned back in her chair, she felt like she was stuffed like a hen at holiday time. She smiled at SJ and then looked toward Dalton. She could swear they were both hiding laughing at her. She could see it in their eyes. She just shook her head at them as the went back to the main room.

There had been some wine set out and a fire started. She found a couch not to close to the fire and sat down. The nights did tend to get cool, but right now it was not to bad. She took the goblet of wine offered and began sipping it. She always had loved to watch the fire dance and seemed to be transfixed by the flame.

She had no idea how long she had sat staring at the flames. Nor had she noticed when SJ had sat down beside her. All she knew was suddenly a chill had washed over her. A feeling of foreboding. She turned and looked at SJ. She felt a chill go down her spine and the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Her green eyes flashed and a look of fear could be seen. Her voice barely above a whisper as she spoke.

There is someone coming. They are not far away. I can feel the darkness approaching. Someone has been to the village and to the house. I don't know who it is, but it does not feel good.

She looked from SJ to his father. Whoever it was, she knew it had to do with the Black Rose.

Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:09 pm