It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:51 pm

Resurrection 
Stablehand

Post Resurrection
The point of life when it isn't yours? None, least as far as he could find. They had finally let him pass on many years ago, but now they were calling to him yet again.

He had thought he would finally rest, finally be rid of the troubles life causes, but he had indeed thought wrong. Worthless many had called him, others called him the weak shapeshifting bastard.
Indeed he had been weak in many aspects of his life, but in the plain of souls he was strong.

He felt his energy falter more and more, and soon, all he could see was pitch black. This was a place he remembered well, but was not destined to stay. Many called it hell, he called it release.
Many years he had spent in that black void, awaiting payment to the gods for his release to the next stage of existence, to the existence he just left.

This too, faded, and soon he could smell sulfur and fear. He slowly opened his eyes and sat up, his naked body half covered in fur.

What do these bastards expect. I can barely move, let alone defeat this dragon...

He sniffed the air again. The sulfur was there, but not as strong as it would normally be. The fear was real enough, but not the sulfur.

Don't test my patience Casse... stand down.
How did ye know?

He smiled at the sound of the feminine voice, one of the few he had truly missed.

Ye have still yet to correctly mock the dragon, ye have not enough sulfur in ye. Now, why the maid?
She is a gift to ye from the elders, they wanted to see if ye would save her after your return.

He growled at the mention of their name. Many a time they were creatures to be entirely sickened by, but they still had taste. The maiden was a beautiful creature, he would have to remember to release her from her bondage after he regained his strength.

I will save nobody until after I've had a chance to clean meself. Now, help me to whatever hot springs are nearby.

He smiled as Casse returned to a human form and helped him stand. She was at all appearances youthful and full of life, but she was half his age, and his former student. He tried not to lay much of his weight upon her, him being six feet to her five and half. He daydreamed as she walked him to the hot springs, and slipped in upon arriving.

As Casse left, the scent of the elders came upon him and forced an involuntary growl from his throat. They were vile creatures indeed, and he knew they would soon be upon him with demands as soon as he could stand upon his own. They would want him to work for their god through their petty schemes, but that was for later. Recuperating was all that was the be worried about for now....

Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:00 pm
Stablehand

He stood as Casse returned and watched the item in her hands warily.
Tis the finest furs from the native creatures.

He nodded and stepped out of the water, wrapping the proffered furs around his body.
And what of the maiden?
She's in training master.

He smiled and walked back to the clearing with Casse by his side, noting quickly the fine meal the maiden was preparing. His stomach growled as the smell of the food came upon him. He sat down upon a log and watched the girl work for a time. She was inexperienced yet, but Casse was as good a cook as any, and would teach her well.

How much longer now?
Not very master...
And what is your name girl?
Joan, master.

He nodded and stood up, regarding the girl, then walked over to where tents had been staked, to rummage through the items there.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:33 pm
Stablehand

He laughed to himself as he found that for which he had been searching so eagerly for. He held the item, a flask, in the air as a starved man would a steak. A slight tear left his eye as he pondered the flask, lost in thoughts only of it.

Ahh... another thing I sorely missed. They didn't have good stiff drinks where I was.

He upened the flask to his mouth, downing half its contents in a single gulp. He recapped the flask and returned to his seat upon the log, refocusing his gaze upon the maiden.

How much training should the girl recieve?

He looked across the fire at the woman sitting across from him and grinned. He knew she enjoyed training a woman servant more than anything. He supposed that was because that's how he had found her, trained, then abused by her master. He had dispacted of that man and taken her under his wing shortly after realizing she was one of his kind.

As much as ye would like Casse. I shall leave that matter entirely up to you. Have the elders said when they shall pay a visit to our humble little camp?

The woman shook her head and was about to speak when the maiden handed each of them a plate full of food. He motioned for her to serve herself and join them while they began to eat their food, but the maiden merely watched them.

Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:40 am
Stablehand

He could see it all so clearly. The beautiful creature that he so cherished with a dagger in her hand, standing yards from him. She had been approaching him with tears in her eyes, but poised to strike none the less.

Suddenly, she stopped and stood still, the dagger now poised towards her heart.

I love you...

He stood there as she drove the dagger into her chest. He wanted to scream, but not scream would escape his throat. He felt himself being grabbed and forcefully shook from behind him. His body began to react in it's efforts to kill the strange creature behind him...

He awoke to find one of his hands around the throat of Casse, a growl emanating from his throat. He released his grip and looked over at the girl Joan, then back over to Casse. The fear in both their eyes hit hard upon his soul.

Tears swelled in Casse's eyes and he could find no speech. As Joan came over to comfort her, he stood and stalked into the surrounding woods. The further he walked, the more he felt he was being followed.

He walked until he saw a hawk in a nearby tree and set his gaze upon it. The feeling of somebody making him their quarry pressed hard upon him, but he knew the hawk had something to do with it...

Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:54 pm
Stablehand

He studied the hawk longer as it in turn studied him. Occasionally, the image of the winged beast seemed to waiver, and Wulfric found himself knowing immediately whom was watching him. He grinned up at the hawk at Orian, the youngest and most slow-witted of the elders.

Have fun getting roasted again Orian

The hawk cocked its head to the side as Wulfric changed into a dragon and roasted the tree, along with the hawk in it, with his fire breath. Wulfric returned to his human form and watched the charred hawk slowly change back into the form that the elders most often took. Wulfric openly laughed as the figure stood up to it's full height, half his infact, and watched the charred black cloak that covered it's body move in the wind.

Don't ye ever get tired of wearing that cloak to cover all of your malformities ye impotent twit?

You insolent bastard...

He ducked as the cloaked figure swung at him, then grabbed it by it's supposed throat and threw it against a tree.

That's enough Wulfric, leave Orian be...
And why shouldn't I send this pathetic creature back to the plain from whence you came. You did the same to me, tis only fair.
Ye can destroy him later if ye must, but first, we must talk business...

Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:23 am
Stablehand

He sighed and released the throat of the figure against the tree, watching it slump to the ground before turning around and looking upon the three cloaked figures behind him.

Business you say. I assumed as much. What is ye want this time?
We have been asked by the followers or Delna't, or Darden in the tongue of the land, to offer our assistance. They payed handsomely, and that means you will be serving with them.
Then why don't you complete the job?
Because we cannot, and you know that better than anyone. You will be paid for your services when the time is met. Casse and that girl Joan will be your servants for the duration of time.

He watched as the four cloaked figures walked several yards away, then disappear into a portal to their realm. He stood and pondered the tree he had burnt earlier, then turned and started his return to the camp.

Sun May 02, 2004 4:40 pm
Stablehand

He took to his black wolf form and strolled into the camp. He stopped and looked for the girls, but could see signs of either. He left off a wolfish grin as a new smell come on the wind in the direction of the hot springs, with moans and whimpering following soon after.

Good ol' Casse, always an avid teacher

He trotted over to where he had left his meal earlier and began to eat, keeping alert for any sounds or scents that might be a sign of danger.

As he finished his meal a new scent came on the wind, yet was too far away to discern exactly what it was.

I hope those girls brought weapons with them...

He turned and headed in the direction of the small lake to get himself some water.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:39 pm
Stablehand

He gave off a wolfish grin as he exited the lake and shook the loose water from his fur. The water was especially sweet on this day, and the nymphs more playful than usual.

As the wind shifted and brought him downwind from the camp several new scents came strong upon him, in addition to those he already knew.

He kept his wolf form and trotted towards camp, noting the awe of the strangers as the large black wolf sat on his haunches beside Casse. He noted by the arrangement of the strangers that they came in peace, and obviously held respect for his two woman companions.

...And so fair amazon warriors, we ask that ye join us on our quest for a new home and lands. With your obvious abilities with animals you would be quite useful to us.

The speaker was a robust male, though the group was composed of both males and females alike, of various races. Wulfric scanned the members of the group slowly, looking for any signs that would give hint to the group lying.

And what is it they want Casse?

They arrived as Joan and I returned from her training in the hot spring. They believed us to be Amazon Warriors and began to accost us at once to join them.

He nodded as their telepathic conversation ended and watched the group more.

So what say ye...

We have told you before, that we are not Amazon warriors. As to whether or not we shall join you, you shall have to consult with our master first.

Your master. What kind of man would leave to women to fend for themselves like this...

He did not leave us. He is nearby.

Fine then... When do you expect his return?

He will reveal himself when the time is met. now, patience...

Wulfric gave a wolfish grin as his neck was scratched and watched the robust man as anger crossed his features. He decided he would test the man's patience and make all of them wait.

Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:53 pm
Stablehand

She folded her arms across her chest and continued to look around at her surroundings. She was trying to take her mind off Jaran and his red face. She knew the groups leader was at his boiling point. Patience was not one of his strong points, but the fact that he was so stubborn meant he wouldn't move until he had met with these two women's master.

Ginger moved her hand to her waist and fingered the dagger there. It's touch reminding her of her trade and what she would possibly be asked to do tonight. She tried not to grind her teeth at the thought. It was easier when she thought of the consequences of not doing her job. No, for now she'd stay where she was. The risks were high for her safety should she leave as well as staying. But she needed to make her living one way, and when it was time, she knew she'd make Jaran pay for some of the jobs she had been made to do. she looked at the two women again and frowned. She wasn't quite sure she wanted to do her job here tonight. she was good, she knew that, but it was always so much easier when it was someone rich or someone who deserved the dagger in the back.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:48 pm
Stablehand

He waited longer, watching the group. Several figeted with their waists nervously, and the robust man grew visibly angrier.

Who does he think he is to keep guests waiting girl?

Wulfric watched as the man pointed his questions at Joan, who only looked away.

Well??? Answer me girl!

Wulfric growled as the robust man quickly stood up and slapped the girl across her face. Casse gave the man an evil look as Joan ran off into the nearbye woods crying, then ran off after the girl.

Wulfric jumped at the man, forcing him to his back, and drove his fangs at the man's throat. As several of the others began to stand, Wulfric pulled away from the man slightly and quickly took his human shape, strangling the man with his left hand, and removing the dagger from his hip with his right.

Move from this spot and I will kill you, strike anybody again in this camp under the banner of peace I will kill you. Speak and I will kill you.

Wulfric gave off a wolfish growl and scanned the rest of the people, watching each for any sudden movements.

]As for the rest of you, unless you wish to die I suggest you stay where you are. If any of you are of mind to speak your intents, do so, but do not be bold enough to try my patience...

Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:13 pm
Stablehand

She had watched the shape changer appear with surprise. Brief anger at her lapse in not noting anything out of the ordinary filled her for a moment before she took into stock the situation. Jaran has pushed his luck. As soon as he had started to speak she knew that something was bound to happen. Her fingers caressed the hilt of her dagger slightly before falling to her sides.

She looked at the shape changer once more before looking at those around her, noting the darting glances of some, the fidgeting of others. She knew someone had to speak if they were to save Jaran's life; the man was already starting to turn red in rage again. She fought with herself internally, trying to avoid the nervous habit of biting her lower lip. She would quite happily see Jaran pay, but without him as a leader, some in the group would not survive, and Ginger knew that for them a life under Jaran was better than no life at all. No, she knew this shape changer would make them all pay for Jaran's stupidity, and someone had to speak up. She shook her head slowly unsure of what she was doing, but knowing now was a time for part of her trade at least. One last quick glance around and she knew the silence that hoveered over them would not be dispelled anytime soon.

"Our intent was but to gain some more travellers like ourselves. It is dangerous to travel in small groups, and even larger oens still have their risks." She spoke from the group, hoping that at least she might not be spotted, and that the others woudl not look at her. Ginger took another, then paused slightly, before sighing. You owe me Jaran... "And Jaran there meant no insult... tempers have been high recently and we have lost many friends. He possibly suspected a trap when... you did not show."

Ginger quickly went quiet, hoping that it would at least give time for others to wake up from their shock and to say something before they saw Jaran killed in front of their own eyes.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:25 am
Stablehand

Our intent was but to gain some more travellers like ourselves. It is dangerous to travel in small groups, and even larger ones still have their risks.

He looked around the group and tried to pinpoint the voice, but found he was unable to.

And Jaran there meant no insult... tempers have been high recently and we have lost many friends. He possibly suspected a trap when... you did not show.

Again the femine voice was lost to him in the crowd. He looked down at the man who's throat was in his hand, and resheathed his dagger.

Jaran is it...

Wulfric released the man from his grip and walked towards the edge of the camp, leaving his back to the group.

You came to ask us to join you, did you? We will join you in your travels for a short time, and we will leave on the morrow. If you have a problem with that ye best leave now.

Remember all of you, I am not the only shapeshifter among my party that you have insulted, but I am the more forgiving one. Try anything and you shall all die.

Should you all be here by the time I get back, I assume you will decide to follow the rules of my camp. And Jaran... I suggest you make yourself scarce before I return, otherwise you may find your life taken by those you have offended. I will not stop them either.

He grinned before returning to his wolf shape, and trotted off in the direction of the two girl's scents.

Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:01 pm
Stablehand

He sat down behind the two girls as he came upon them. He watched them console each other unnoticed, as he had been downwind from the two girls. He shifted into a panther and rubbed against the girls, announcing his presence.

It's probably best we return to camp. Never can tell which of our guests may be likely to rob us...

He shifted back to his human form and offered each girl one of his hands, helping them stand as they took it. He turned and led the girls back to the camp, looking everything over as they arrived.

He walked the girls to their tent, then walked over to where his had gotten set up and rummaged through his belongings, pulling a flask out.

Taking a swig, he walked back towards the group of visitors.

The lot of you are welcome to share in my meal, so you may conserve what food you have. However, in turn some of you must at least help Joan with the cooking of it. The rest of you are welcome to set up your camps in this clearing.

He took a half step backwards and grinned.

Oh yes. If any of you are of half of mind to explain to me your intents and destination for this journey, meet me in my tent. I'd much like to hear your reasonings and stories...

He turned and walked to his tent, drinking from the flask along the way. He pushed the skin covering the opening aside and nodded at Casse, then entered the tent, releasing the skin behind him.

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:58 pm
Stablehand

She watched the shape cahnger leave, peering through the people around her. His words sparked a new hope inside, and yet she knew it woud be difficult if she could not escape Jaran's view. he had power over her, but nto enough she didn't think of escape every day. It was always a shame that death would await her flight now... all she had to do was wait for the right moment. Suddenly, a soft grunt to her side and she was aware of her friend, Griff there.

"I know, I know... I shouldn't have given his name... after all that is where the power lies." She turned her head to look at the man who stood on her right. A friends of hers since she had joined this group, Griffithor stood with his curly dark hair and a heavy frame as he shurgged slightly in response before repling.

"I just think you need to stay out of Jaran's way for a while... whether you saves his life or not you gave someone else power over him."

She snorted slightly and flicked a look back towards Jaran who was being crowded around by his faithful followers. "He gave it himself.. if I hadn't stepped in..." She frowned slightly, wondering now whetehr she had done the right thing. Certainly things would ahve been easier without him there, but at least he generally looked after the people here... without him a lot of them wouldn't survive alone.

"Just keep low Ginger... don't be seen near the people here either... Jaran knows your voice and he'll think your plotting against hi-"

"I know..." She spoke softly and looked away from Jaran's group and Griff. She always seemed trapped, no amtter what she did. No, the only way she could free herself this time was to perhaps speak to Jaran and convince him she was not plotting against him. Not yet anyway... mayeb I can still get something out of this...

Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:39 pm
Stablehand

He laughed and shook his head as he surveyed the unpacking of his belongings. He knew fully well that it was Casse who had organized his belongings, and that she always did so playfully.

It was her wont to organize his belongings in a fashion that would make them attractive to the eye, but never of any use. He couldn't help but laugh as he reorganized his belongings. Once done he began to remove his weapons, placing them at the head of the tent. He stood and looked at the entrance as he heard a light scratching on the fur there.

Come in...

He watched the white rat as it entered his tent and stood before him on his hind legs.

What's the status on everything?
Our guests are preparing their camp as we speak, and some are helping with the cooking. From what I've managed to see, most are lightly armed at best.
Good, go back to your tent and prepare for tonight's "festivities".

He nodded as the rat bowed and left his tent, then disrobed himself and sat down, closing his eyes.

Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:48 pm
Stablehand

Why is it you have summoned me here? To show us all the level of your treachery?
No m'lord, that is not why. You were summoned so that you may watch everything you cherish be destroy, then be burned along with it like the demon you are.

Wulfric lunged at the man before him, only to find himself held in place by a sword through each shoulder, penetrating the wooden wall he was held to. He growled at looked at the men to his sides, holding his arms to prevent him removing the two swords.

You shall pay William, this I assure you.

The man grinned, bearing his two overly developed canine teeth stained a sickening blue, the sign of a demon's apprentice and servant.

Yes, I shall pay one day Ra'sktha, but not during your lifetime...

Wulfric watched helplessly as his wife and children were lined before him, crying openly as each was stabbed in the heart, then beheaded before his very eyes.

His crying continued as the women and children of his villages were gathered into a building, and the building set on fire. The men tried to fight to save their families, buit were slaughtered by the heavily armored and larger army of the traitors.

You will suffer ten fold for this uncalled for slaughter on this day, tis i promise you...

Wulfric gasped as a dagger covered in demon's blood penetrated his heart, his speech cutting off instantly. He hung his head as his strength waned, and closed his tear soaked eyes. He let out an audible sigh as the sounds of fire erupted, and prepped himself for the scorching touch of the unfeeling flames.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:15 pm
Stablehand

The flames came slowly. He could hear the screams of the hapless women and children as the fires engulfed their bodies. The sweat gathered more upon his skin, and he lifted his head as much as he could.

The flames were upon him, and his body screamed to let loose it's rage, to escape the burning prison that was the wooden wall, to kill and maim before it itself would perish.

He growled as he felt his blood began to boil, soon after he felt a sickening feeling in the pit of his stomach. The feeling grew steadily, drawing away what little energy he had left from him. He was left voiceless and motionless as the flames fully engulfed his body, the pain begging to be voiced but finding no solace...

Wulfric awoke with a start, growling and quickly unsheathing his dagger, before driving it into his thigh.

Another dream. I had long ago hoped to be forgotten of these, but alas, I was wrong.

He sighed and looked down at his thigh, removing the daggar and resheathing. As he looked aroud for a piece of cloth to use as a bandage, he noted how quiet it was outside, and pondered it's meaning.

Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:01 pm