It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tavern Of Almighty Fishingrods II [OAFS/open] 
Stablehand

Post Tavern Of Almighty Fishingrods II [OAFS/open]
[ooc: continued from here]

Sand Man walked into the tavern, and preceeded directly to the barkeep.

Ale please, as big as you got.

Takeing the ale and leaving more than enough gold for the barkeep he turned and headed towards the tables looking for someone interesting to talk to. Not seeing anyone actively doing anything crazy he sat down and began to enjoy his ale.

Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:45 am
Stablehand

::I look around the tavern and noone is really doing anything fun that I see so I figure maybe some conversation would be good. I grab my ale and go sit down at the table with Sand Man::

"I hope you don't mind if I join you, my name is Ford Prefect"

::I take a large sip of ale::

"This is my first time in this Tavern, I've heard it can get kind of crazy although I haven't seen anything crazy yet::

Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:11 pm
Stablehand

Dancin' on da hood while Casper's drivin' - Ghost Ride Da Whip
:dood: :duel1: :pissed: :action3: :twisted:

Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:09 pm
Stablehand

Your quite welcome to sit down. and your right about the tavern, some crazy things can happen here. I'm actually surprised to see everyone in clothing.

Sand Man took a drink of his ale and looked around.

seems everyone is in a lull... maybe not enough ale? or too much? Anyhow, i have a game that we can play, it's a lot of fun.

He takes a small peice of parchment out of his pocket and begins to fold it in the shape of an interesting little bird. Then with a wave of his hand 10 sharp metal spikes with funny little feathers on the back appear on the table, they look almost like mini arrows. Then suddenly the parchment begins flying through the tavern.

Well what are you waiting for? lets shoot it down!

He reaches for a spike and throws it across the room, almost hitting someone sleeping in the corner.

Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:10 pm
Stablehand

Looks at the new people waling into the Tavern, I do wonder why we let so many strange people enter. Not remembering what she was last doing she decides to pull a prank on the newbies.

Spreading faerie dust all over herself,Teva, begins to fly quickly above the 2 who just enter the tavern. She then quickly drops fast and mindlessy towards them. As she passes them she drops faerie dust all over them changing their noses into cucumbers.

Quickly she darts behind the barkeep for preotection and to change back into her human form.

*giggling* so hard she falls to the floor behind the bar. oh my them guys look so funny with their new noses!

OAFS

Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:00 am
Stablehand

::I watch Sand man throw the first spike and almost hit someone::

"Well this looks like a fun game, someone is going to get hurt"

::Then I notice that Sand Man's nose is now a cucumber. Not knowing the guy I didn't want to bring it up cause well I didn't want to be rude. But it was hard holding in the laughter::

"My turn"

::I pick up one of the spikes and I throw it. I just miss it, the spike came so close it made the little paper bird wobble in it flight path. The spike ended up hitting the bar near where TEVA was hiding::

"This is harder than it looks"

Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:52 am
Stablehand

rising from the bar giggling away Teva notices a *spike* coming her way!

*ducking quickly* and letting out a scream "what in the world was them spikes for?"

Looking at the 2 men with cucumber noses she begins to plot her next magically fun before the magic wears off.

Rubbing her head Teva begins going through all the fun stuff she can do to the newbies before they realize its her having all the fun.

could make their lips sag to their bellies?, make their rum turn to berry juice?, so many things a little faerie can do once her mind is set.

OAFS

Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:29 pm
Stablehand

Altrone enters the tavern obviously in high spirits. He has a bushel basket of cucumbers with him, and gives them to the barkeep with instructions on mixing them with ale. Soon his first drink is ready, and he takes a seat at his usual table in the corner. The arrival of his brother Jewlius was delayed, due to unseen problems that arose at the last minute. He hopes he will arrive soon.

Soon he has drunk himself into a stupor, and sees a little bird flying around his head. He rises from his seat, withdraws his sword and swings. Of course he misses because of the alchohol and hits his table, send ing pieces of table throughout the bar.

Altrone OAFS,TDoD.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:16 am
Stablehand

His face quickly turns every shade of red that exists. He grabs his things and stumbles to the closest table he can find. Soon he is sitting down drinking another cucumber ale. He pulls a scroll from beneath his leather breastplate and spreads it across his table. He aquired many new acres in the last war and must remain involved in the building of these new lands. Soon he lays his head down for a quick nap and is soon dreaming of that shiny new sword that is being made for him in his homeland, soon Jewlius will arrive with it.

Altrone OAFS,TDoD.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:23 am
Stablehand

Location: St.Maarten, Netherlands Antilles, but going to school in Miami, FL
Isis pushed open the tavern door, adjusting her new robes of purple, such a change from the grey she was used to. True, it was the color of fashion, but it did itch horribly if one was not used to it. As she let the door swing shut behind her, she was made to duck as a spike came soaring towards her.

What the f- she began, rising again and making her way towards the bar. Her decision to join OAFs looked as though it would provide many comical...if not dangerous scenarios for her entertainment.

Once at the bar, Isis ordered an ale, and sat nursing it as the tavern buzzed about her. She felt at ease, but still...she kept an eye out for flying spikes and anything else that someone decided deserved a chance to fly.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:39 am
Stablehand

Thantos walked in and went straight to the bar and ordered an ale. When he got the ale he noticed someone he hadn't seen before, so he went to say hi.

Hello there, i am Thantos. what brings you to our lovely Tavern?

Before he could listen to her answer a spike came flying by his head. Turning to look who it was, he saw two people playing a game he knew all to well.

excuse me for one moment.

With that he walked over to their table and grabbed two spikes, and threw them both at the same time. One barely missed the paper bird, the other stuck it hard threw one wing and pinned it against the wall.

Honestly, you'd think you'd do that where their weren't bigger people that can beat you up... he said giving them a bad time.

Laughing he walked back to the bar.

So where were we?

Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:30 am
Stablehand

The spike game had continued for quite some time as Isis sat at the bar, the occasional dodge necessary to avoid being skewered. In another setting, Isis would have joined in, but felt more content to sit at the bar with her ale. When Thantos introduced himself, and then promptly excused himself to dispose of the bird, she had to smiled. When he returned, she turned her eyes to him and answered.

My name is Isis, she said. New member of OAFs...recruited by Nagash, though I do not see him. Thought I'd come down to the tavern and see...how it goes. Is playing with dangerous sharp objects a fun pasttime of OAFs?

Isis drank deeply from her ale before speaking again, a grin spreading across her face.

I was once a follower of Foret, and a member of INX, she said. You could say I've taken a leap of faith.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:26 am
Stablehand

Marine was both joyed but serious about his visit to the elders. Looking down from the sky, Marine sees a whole lot more horses and carriages in the stables and surrounding paddocks of the OAFS tavern which had only been standing in it's spot for a week after being completed. Marine gave some thought and debated wether he should go down and spend a few minutes with some new members he had heard about or that he should carry on. Deciding he should go down and pay a visit to his new members, Marine says in elvish to his unicorn.

"Herms it's time to take a break at our tavern."
"Certainly."

After a few minutes, Marine steps through the doorway with his elvish travelling cloak wrapped around him to hide all his possesions and immediately spots a few new members, however Marine suddenly sees a flying paper bird which after being seen by Marine, is pinned against the door frame from a metal spike, while a second spike hits his ultra thin magical shield and bounces off.

"Ok who threw that and is being childish!!?"

High Elven Archer of the Twilight Forest
~OAFS~

Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:59 pm
Stablehand

::I watch as Isis walks in. What can I say he is hot. But I've never been any good with chicks and already I have fallen behind. For not only has Thantos already started a conversation with her but he also managed to spike the paper bird. A feat I was not able to do, and in failing to do so I made myself look silly...Although at the moment my nose was a cucumber so I was bound to look silly anyway. On that note I decide to look for TEVA so that she can change me back to my normal somewhat attractive self so I can hit on Isis::

"TEVA a word with you please if I could"

Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:30 pm
Stablehand

The tavern was filling up nicely, and Isis kept the flow of ale towards her steady, taking in the others, and noting for the first time since her entry, their...noses. Cucumber noses, at that. Isis grinned at one as he went about trying to rectify this little mishap.

It was, however, through the ale that Isis felt her own temperature begin to rise, and she set her ale down to better pin her hair up. From the corner of her eye she saw the cucumber nosed man eyeing her and a smirk crossed her face.

It must be the dark eyes, she thought to herself, shaking her head and finally managing to pin her hair high on her head. Fanning her neck, she returned to her ale, sipping slowly.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:46 am
Stablehand

Returning to Isis and hearing her talk of her change of faith.

ahh new to the OAFS, huh? well you can have nothing but fun with us. that is what were about. Nagash had told me that he got a member of INX to convert, but i wasn't sure. He had said it was because of his good looks and unwaviering charm, so i had my doubts.

Smiling, Thantos took a couple sips of ale.

So how is the transistion going for you? I once was a follower of foret as well, but that was some time ago.

Hearing some laughter Thantos turned around to see Ford with a cucumber nose, walking by, and he seemed to be looking at Isis from the corner of his eye. Turning back around he saw why one would stare more than usual, for she was slowly putting her hair up. This was particularly pleasing to watch for thantos, seeing as he had a soft spot for women with kissable necks.

Realizing he was looking at her with an almost dumbfounded look on his face he snapped himself out of it.

Umm.. well uh...

Thantos took a second and composed himself again.

I'm sorry, that normally doesn't happen to me. I am usually a very composed person. Your beauty is just more striking than i had yet to witness in these lands.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:46 am
Stablehand

Sand Man watched as Thantos grabbed two spikes and pinned the bird. He just laughed and shook his head, normally he would have said something, but he would let his old friend be today. Just then he heard some laughted and turned towards Ford and noticed his nose was a cucumber, and looked down to see his own nose the same way.

With a wave of his hand he regained his normal nose, and began looking around.

This could be a very fun war if i realize who did this. Sand Man mumbled under his breath.

Just then he spotted the culprit, rubbing her head and walking away from the bar. She was the only one here that had a magic aire around her, showing she had recently done magic.

Sand Man closed his eyes and concentrated, wispering words under his breath. Slowly the woman's feet began to grow longer, this continued until they were nearly twice their orginal length.

Laughing Sand Man got up and headed towards the woman to introduce himself.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:57 am
Stablehand

Toph was still at the door, watching in the direction that Helania, Crimsonwolf and Llardorwyn had left in. What an interesting bit of adventure that had been, if confusing as all hells. It reminded Toph that there were things in his life that, despite his long years and extensive knowledge, he could not understand, much less control. Toph hoped they found a cure, and soon. If the rumors he had heard were true... It would only be a matter of time before the disease broke down his wards around his kingdom and began infecting his citizens. However, that was a quandary for another time and place... like his library. As for now...

Toph turned around and entered the Alehouse once more. He was surprized, and, somehow, relieved that the insanity that usually reigned in the alehouse was back in full force. With all the chaos and ugliness in the world, it was good to know that at least some were able to forget all of it, if only for a time. Toph wished they'd share the secret, but, well, it might be the fact that he was twice as old, at least, as the rest of the people in the tavern. The Sidhe were said to be a cold and haughty race, devoid of a sense of humor, and Toph could see why. He thought himself one of the more loose and open of the remaining Sidhe, having led... he imagined a semi-normal life, at least compared to Syek, the youngest Sidhe he knew of, who had seen way too much for a man his age. Regardless, even Toph found the chaos within the alehouse grating at times, so his forays within were, sparse, to say the least.

Looking around, Toph noticed a new face in the alehouse, just as Isis introduced herself to Thantos. Toph walked over.

"Hello Isis. Welcome to OAFS. Im Toph. Im sure Nagash would love to say hello, but, well, the last I saw of him, he wasnt exactly himself, you see. One of his subpersonas, Rael, seems to have asserted control over his body. Im sure it'll turn out allright, but... well... Im not too sure where he went, anyways." Toph smiled and shrugged.

"Anyways, make yourself comfortable here... just watch out, you might want something to use as a shield or such... people tend to throw things around here."

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:24 pm
Stablehand

::I wait for TEVA at the bar. I'm trying to not look at Isis cause then she will see my cucumber nose but I can't help to glance over at her a couple of times especially since she is putting her hair up like that. Doesn't she know that guys go nuts when a chick does that exposes her neck to them...of course she does. Oh well, I'm not even talking with her she is getting somewhat of a crowd surrounding her and well I'm not going to add to it. I just want my nose back to normal. Then I will drink my ale and if she is interested in me she will let me know. If she is interested in one of the ape faced guys talking to her know...well then she has bad eye sight::

Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:15 pm
Stablehand

Marine stood there waiting for an answer, but when none came, Marine just shrugged and proceeded towards the bar and told the barman to get him a bottle of wine. While waiting, Marine notices a small crowd enlarging around the newcomer. Summoning his telepathy, Marine connects himself to her by magic, while getting the impression that the enlarging crowd has got more "looking at" than introductions.

"Hello there. I assume your Isis and has come from the faith of foret. If that is so then welcome to the faith of Isonia and to the guild of OAFS!."

~OAFS~

Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:42 am
Stablehand

Isis laughed at Thantos comment over her conversion, shaking her head briskly.

Nagash's good looks and charm? I've gotten more charm from a coconut, she said, grinning as she did. As to your flattery, I thank you, but the credit is due to my parents, and I have seen much beauty in these lands. Perhaps you frequent those areas that are less...desirable to the rest of us, Lord Thantos.

Isis let her teasing words hang in the air, as another guildmate approached her. She shook his hand, smiling warmly.

Thank you for the welcome, Toph, she said. Pity about Nagash...and yes, it's been made quite clear that I need to walk with a shield. I was nearly impaled by a spike upon entering into the tavern. Looks like it could be quite fun.

Isis turned to her ale, taking a sip before she turned her attention to Thantos once more. She felt, however, an additional presence that reminded her of her cousin, and she looked up to meet the gaze of the newcomer to the barside. She maneuvered her way towards him, extending her hand in greeting.

My thanks for the welcome, she replied. Any chance you know what's happened to some of the poor souls in here with their cucumber noses?

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:44 am
Stablehand

Marine placed the bottle of wine from the bartender into his backpack, then taking the outstretched hand from Isis whom Marine can see is looking stunning.

"You're welcome Isis. The poor souls you're looking for are on your right and behind me, which one of the two, Sand Man is approaching the person whom changed his nose which happens to be Teva and the other, Ford Prefect who is hiding behind his ale whom I assume is currently shy to talk to you since you have attracted quite a crowd with your stunning looks."

Marine watched Sand Man invoke Tevas feet to lengthen, then called the Bartender forth, while taking out a small bag of gold coins which Marine deposits onto the table.

"Here bartender, this should be enough to cover a round of drinks for everyone and for those who decline, please donate the remaining amount to an orphanage."

Marine turned to Isis while conjuring a white rose, which he places into her hands along with a small sapphire.

"I'm sorry about leaving, what would be a very interesting conversation but I have to go, however if you would like to contact me, take this Sapphire which has been imbued with magic. The properties of this magic Sapphire is telepathy which can be activated by holding the Sapphire in your hand for a few seconds. May the Gods shine upon you, protect you and give you peace. Farewell."

Marine walked out of the tavern, giving a last wave to everyone then got onto the back of his winged unicorn.

"To the woods Herms, where we shall find answers which we seek."

~OAFS~

Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:22 pm
Stablehand

::I'm getting really irritated that my nose is a cucumber and then it just changes back to normal. Wow, the spell must of wore off or something. Feeling much more attractive I turn to face Isis::

"Hello I'm Ford"

::That was all I was able to get out. This was the first time I was really face to face with her and well...I get at a lose for words when faced with such beauty. I manage to make a nod of the head and smile awkwardly. Then I turn and walk to a near by empty table and sit down. I drink my ale and glance at her from afar::

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:28 pm
Stablehand

Isis took the rose that the man had left, realizing that he had not told her his name as yet. The one who had sat beside her had, however, introduced himself and then walked off towards the table where Ford sat. She took the seat across from him, resting the rose on the tabletop.

Well, Lord Ford, you took off in such a hurry, she said, calling for her ale to be brought to the table. I'm glad to see your nose has returned to normal.

As the ale arrived, Isis stretched back in her seat, casting her gaze around at her new guildmates milling about. She felt happy and, oddly enough, at home, though she was technically a stranger in these lands.

My name, as I am sure you know, is Isis, she continued. How long have you been with the OAFs, Lord Ford?

Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:26 am
Stablehand

Foy danced and danced lots of jolly dances on the table. One of the dwarves fluted happily on the golden flute with a black pike-perch attached on the end of it.

Foy didn't mind the spikes flying in the air, he was a small hairy dwarf and was sure that those spikes could not penetrate his lovely, sweaty hairy breast. Yet he hated the flying thing near his ear..... It really irritated him just like the empty mug inside his hand.

He looked at the mug once... twice and it was really empty. He than turned all of his attention to the flying thing, He tried to bite in it but it was to high to reach with his teeth. So he threw his mug to the flying thing but the little dwarf missed and saw the mug flying in the air... Crashing upon a table with a rose on top of it, and two people eyening eachoteher on either sides of the table.

While still looking at the flying thing " Bloody bloody bloody hell...." At that moment he turned his head towards the crashed mug. " Luckily it was empty! " He than notided the persons. "" Uhmm... you want an ale or a cucumber or something? "

He was trying to be nice, but a dwarf without an ale is not the best combination, but he added a warm smile, at least for a dwarf after his last words.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:56 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next