It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Hear the Voices (Song/Open to all) 
Stablehand

It had been a long and ardous journey across the Isle, when at last I set my eyes upon the Temple of Masaguad, home of the Oracle Dillsa. It was early evening, the sun had begun to set on the western horizon, and I began to understand the peacefulness of Masaguad.

As I stepped foot in the temple, the sound of music was drifting through the rafters. A most enticing song. One sung by a true follower of Darden, one most strong in their beliefs. This must be what everyone was talking about. The songs of Dillsa, most beautiful and enchanting they were. Enough to bring a grown man to their knees in prayer.

As I crossed the threshold into the main part of the complex, may eyes laid upon many, many followers. Obviously waiting to see the same thing that had brought me from across the Isle. Waiting patiently to hear the prayers and songs of the Oracle herself.

Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:17 pm
Stablehand

She shifted on the bench before the harpsicord. The only sound in the sactuary that could be heard was the soft rustle of parchment as she arranged several sheets before her. All prayers were opened and closed with several songs, the last played was the song of worship that had been written for the Divine Song.

Her fingers caressed the keys as she sat up straighter and the first twinkling note floated through out the temple. Soon her voice blended with the music in a harmonious blending of vocal and musical textures. This was to her the most enjoyable part of her every day routine. She poured her whole heart and soul into the music that she played in worship to Darden.

For a time it seemed the stone hard extior of her's melted and she appeared to be a much softer person than what she displayed to the world. After two songs she began the prayers. She sat on her bended knees, her hands clasped together, face raised to the rafters and eyes closed. She began the prayers, her voice drifting thoughout the Sactuary.

The Divine Song
[/center]

Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:15 pm
Stablehand

Dillsa had ordered her to light the candles and make sure the sanctuary was ready for evening prayer.

She hurried about lighting the long white tapers. She delighted in watching the wicks catch and hold the flame. She hurried on and did her duties knowing Dillsa would have her head on a platter if she dallied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She sat in one of the front pews and listened with an attentive ear. She loved to hear her sing. She let the music envolope her before the prayers began. She didn't care for the prayers but all that lived or came to Masaguad was expected to participate.

She knelt as she listened to Dillsa's words. She clasped her hands to her chest and bent her head. Soon. Soon it would be over and they could eat dinner.

Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:08 am