It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Goblin Tales(open) 
Stablehand

Post Goblin Tales(open)
((Ooc:open to all))

The fire toasted her gnarled, ugly toes. She looked down at her tankard of ale then back at the others sitting around her. She was near the end of a very engaging tale about an evil little goat that wanted to eat her hat for lunch.

"And I'zz picked up des large stick and wented whapo pow bang at dat evil monster goat! Den it lowed izz head," she told her attentive listeners as she jumped up spilling ale ever where while she gestured wildy. She proceeded to lower her head and demonstrate what the goat did while speaking.
"Like dis see? and it comes at me, snortin' it'zz bad nose and rammeded me right in the pantz. I'zz liked ta never gotted away with myz lifez that monster evil goat wanted myz hat fer lunch zo bad."

She sigh down with a sigh and looked in her tankard. It was emtpy!
"Whozz drankeded my ale??" she asked the group with a funny look.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:52 am
Stablehand

The long nosed goblin listened to the telling of this tale. This was no warrior goblin. Fighting off a goat for crying out loud....He had fought off ghouls, an ogre or two, a few harpies and then everything in every army he had ever went against. He shook his head and took a drink from his tankard. He continued to listen with his head lowered to make him look almost asleep with his helm and mining mask on.

Azrael will be remembered

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:51 pm
Stablehand

Gaptee looked at Oktar when her story was done and saw him with his head down in a sleeping manner. Did he not find her story entertaining? How dare he sleep while she is telling one of her best tales. She jumped to her feet her little goblin face contorted with anger and hurled the tankard at him. She watched it bouce off his helm and began to rant at him.

"Wha? Yous don't thinks my tale izz entertaining!! Whyzz not? Dizrespect!"

Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:37 pm
Stablehand

The goblin had actually begun to doze listening to the tale of this goblin and the goat. Until the tankard bounced smooth off his helm that is. He quickly took off his helm and examined it and then put it back on.

"Story not that good. Me goblin and me fight ogres and witches and all kinds o' beasties. You goblin and you fight what? A goat! A simple stinky pack beast thats good eatin."

He wagged his finger at the other goblin while ranting on and on about how he has fought some strange things and she had fought off a goat.

Azrael will be remembered

Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:56 am
Stablehand

((OOC: Poor Nem, she's just a little mutated. ^_^))

On the outskirts of the clearing rests a giant rock, Nemesis' place of hiding. She sits with her knees to her nose, ashamed of the monstrous height she has over her cousins. A terrible birth defect resulted in the death of her mother, the scorn of her father and the abomination that she is today.

~

Nemesis slaps her hands to her mouth, trying to stiffle a giggle. Not only does she find the story wonderfully funny but now another voice is making up crazy new beasts. Everyone knows what a goat is but who ever heard of an ogre?

She shifts her weight in order to get a glimpse of the speakers but her sudden movement startles some birds in a nearby bush. They squak and take flight, noisier than Nem would hope. Her body tenses and she listens intently to how those gathered around the fire react.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:10 am
Stablehand

Gaptee stomped her little feet and aruged right back at Oktar.

"No! Goatz are terrible monsters. Evil! They eat my hat! I am no warrior! I am goblin lady! Lady! Course I don't fight ogres! What are those anywayz?"

Gaptee continued to stomp her feet and yell at Oktar ignoring the words pouring out her mouth. She was insulted that he would think she was a worrior. What rubbish.

Then she heard the birds and stopped her tantrum. She tip toes over to the bush and poked her nose in the bush and whipered.

"whas that?

Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:11 am
Stablehand

Murdock hear of Oktarnogal, having a little gather of telling tales around a campfire. Not his kind of thing he thought but he'd go just because he was a old friend and thought his attendance would be appreciated and maybe he could have a few drinks and sit back in the darkness more.

Murdock approached the burning fire and saw Oktar and Gaptee sitting around the fire as well as someone he did not yet know. Approaching he slowly sat to the left side of Oktarnogal farther away from the fire keeping his face shadowed from the fires.

Hello Oktarnogal. I see nothing wrong with a tale that includes a goat trying to eat a goblin, it's fairly amusing to me.

Murdock grinned at Oktarnogal as he grabbed himself a drink.

Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:48 pm
Stablehand

Nem is sufficiently surprised at the nose protruding into her bush. The fact that the strangely familiar voice is so close just sends her over the edge.

"Yeee!" she shrieks. "A goat!"

Instead of attempting to run and hide form the creature, Nem charges into the foliage before her, flailing her arms wildly. Her feet pump frantically and she makes a bizarre war cry that sounds suspiciously like a cricket.

"Creeeeek! Die foul goat! You will not terrorize us any further!"

Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:26 pm
Stablehand

"I no goat! I no goat! I Not terroizing anyone! Is you crazy?!?

Gaptee squealed and fleed Nemisis running in a circle around everyone else. That thing was crazy crazy. More crazy than crazy. She was just plain ole whacko! Where did she get the idea that she was a goat any how? Gaptee looked like no goat. And what was that nose she made? Creeeeek? Crazy. Gaptee ran and hid behind Oktar with a squeal.

"Protect meeeee!"

Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:15 pm
Stablehand

Nemesis ceases her flailing instantly at the protest. She stands absolutely still for a moment before inching herself around the rock and into the light of the campfire. Her embarassment is obvious as her boots scrape along the ground and her cheeks turn a noticable shade of red.

"Ahem..." she clears her throat awkwardly in the silence. "Of course you aren't a goat. I was just testing... that's right... testing. If it had been a real attack, we'd all be dead."

Nem scolds herself silently. She never was good at bluffing.

Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:09 pm
Stablehand

Gaptee peered over Murdock's shoulder at Nemisis and frowned. She inched out from behind him and stood as straight as a goblin could. She fisted her gnarly hands and stomped her foot.

"Testing? You wos testing? Testing whot? I thinks yous crazy. Crazier tan tan I dunno whot but you is!!"

Gaptee was insulted and infuriated at being called a goat by this giant of a critter. She fumed waving her fisted hands about and stomping her little feet. She ranted and raved telling this creature how crazy she was.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:09 am
Stablehand

Nem laughs nervously under her breath, trying to lighten the situation a bit. She fidgets in her place, completely baffled by the little goblin's words.

"No! I didn't mean that you were a goat ... but I saw one! Out of the corner of my eye! It ran off into the forest and... That's it!" her eyes light up with some new revelation and Nem springs into action.

She dives back around the rock to where she had left her pack. Her hands work quickly to untie the clasp and she rummages through it frantically. A moment later, she reappears in front of the fire, lugging a large keg behind her.

"I found it! Its just what we need!" Nem pats the barrel in excitement.

"More ale!"

Several goblets are produced from behind her back and she begins pouring out a frothy cup of the golden liquid, grinning all the while.

Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:09 pm
Stablehand

Gaptee watched Nem and frowned. That creature was surely strang.

"Aye you were too callin' me a goat!!"

She watched as Nem produced a keg and goblets. Her eyes lit up with excitment as she waddled over to her and reached for a goblet.

"Ooh!! Ale! Me wants some!!" She danced with excitment.

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:42 pm
Stablehand

Nemesis takes a taunting sip from the glass before mock-offering it to the goblin. Just as Gaptee reaches for the goblet, she lifts it high above her head and pouts her lips convincingly.

"You have to promise to tell more stories," she insists before handing the ale back down to her. "Not about goats though. Something else."

She wanders over to the giant rock again and plops down in a heap beside it, waiting for more stories to be told all around. This night will be such fun.

Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:40 pm
Stablehand

Gaptee scowled and hopped about her short arms waving above her head. She wanted that ale!

Yes yes! I tell many more stories! Just more ale please please!

How about I tell you about the time that I caused a whole cave to....well no no that no good.

I know! I have jus tha thing! But ale first!"

Gaptee hoped about waiting for Nem to relent. She'd tell her best tale yet.

Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:58 am