It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:04 am

Journey of the Rogues(closed) 
Stablehand

Gavin contemplated what she said. It made sense, especially with the way the gaurds had watched them when first entering the city. With as close as the dark elf lands were the first thing they would do is go after the elves if one of the local lords was murdered. Not so with a robbery, they would expect weeks of planning, and that meant they would be investigating people who had been here awhile, not a couple of newly arrived elves.

Gavin slipped into the door way, looking around for guards. He went through several rooms and the lord had good taste, nothing cheap, but still nothing that Gavin found worthy of stealing. He motioned for Allurriae to split off, they would be out much quicker if they werent together. He whispered, "Meet me in ten minutes on the roof." And with that he started darting back into rooms looking for something of value.

If I thought you were my equal, I'd kill you, as it is, you continue to live.

Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:32 am
Stablehand

:;Allurriae' moved off into the shadows of the house, her small feet flying soundlessly over the rough floor. She went cautiously down the stairs, testing each for creaks before she moved on to the next. Off to left was what looked to be a library. She stood in the doorway and closed her eyes , concentrating on the feel of the house. Letting the magic come to her.

She moved toward the wall, following the glow of the magic she was sensing. But when she opened her eyes, their was nothing there. Books, just regular books on the shelf in front of her.
She frowned to herself and ran her hand carelessly through her hair.

The drowess retraced her steps , stood in the doorway again and let the magic flow over her.....and once again, it led her to the same wall. She stomped her foot in frustration and paced back and forth in front of the wall , her small brow furrowed in thought.

Something magical was behind that wall. but..how would she get to it.
She stopped in front of the books once again and started to pull them off the walls, tossing them carelessly to the floor beside her feet.

The wall was soon down to three books. All the others lay at her feet, as she grabbed the next book on the shelf her feet almost flew out from under her as the door moved inward, her grip on the book loosened, and she let it fall, and took a hesitant step forward into the pitch black room.

Well it was more like a cave really. She felt dank , cold air sweep over her rushing out of the passageway before her. Her violet eyes twinkled greedily, as she moved closer, sensing the magic item was near her.....

Her sharp elven eyes adjusted to the darkness and she looked cautiously around her. Their wasnt much there. Just a small table that looked as if it had seen better days. But still she moved toward the magic, a book, lying carelessly on the table. its pages fluttering in the breeze that was stirring all around her. She reached out and touched it, feeling a spark run through her fingertips.

It wasnt a very powerful book, but she could still feel some magic coming from the book.

She picked it up, and looked around, making sure there was nothing else of importance around, then she moved out of the passageway, closing the hidden wall as she went.

Clutching the book to her, she moved up the stairs and to the roof. After all, she'd found the magic in the house, she wasnt really interested in material objects...she was sure Gavin would have taken care of all the most valuable items anyway...

She slid silently through to the roof, closing the door behind her as she came...

Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:20 pm
Stablehand

Gavin made his way through the rooms, nothing was really of interest to him. He had even circled around and found the library torn apart, apparently Allurriae had found something she wanted. Not so with Gavin, he had made sure to scatter things in the rooms he had been in, but he finally came upon the master bedroom. He gazed at the sleeping couple, how easy it would be to slit their throats. Or slit just one throat, allowing the other to wake in the morning to find their beloved dead next to them. If only he could be here to see the look on their face. Alas, he would let them live.

He searched their room, he took a few rings and necklaces that were valuable, but it was starting to piss him off that they had nothing of real value. He couldnt figure it out, he knew they weren't the wealthiest lords he had ever seen but they should have SOMETHING. Then it hit him, he went back and looked at the lords face. There was nothing noble about it, he checked the ladies, and she was wearing a normal night gown, not one of silk. That was why there were no alarms, not many gaurds, the lord was smart he would give him that, a normal thief wouldn't have given the sleeping couple a second glance, and probably would have thought the jewels Gavin were holding were of enourmous value, but no, they were moderate at best.

Gavin crept down the stairs to where the "servants" sleep quarters were normally located. He was in awe when he entered the plain doored room. This bedroom was almost as nice as his! He quickly went around the room, searching threw drawers and closets, in no time he had ransacked the room, clearing it of the most valuable rings and jewelry, even slipping pieces from the sleep couple. There was a sack of steel coins on the desk, which of course found its way into the pocket of Gavin. All in all, not a bad score. He made his way up the stairs to the awaiting Allurriae with a grin on his face, "That was fun."

Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:40 pm
Stablehand

Gavin tied off the rope to the chimney, he couldn't leave the grappling hook behind, but he could always pick up rope along the way to the mountains. He checked to make sure no one was around, and then slid silently down the rope, beckoning Allurriae to come after him. They made it off the property without any trouble, most of the guards too tired or simply not paying attention at this time of night. Gavin allowed himself a slight grin. And that’s when it happened.

Someone had sounded the alarm. Gavin swore at himself inwardly, he should have jammed the library door after seeing the mess that Allurriae had left, one of the servants must have woken up and seen the scattered books. He hadn't expected anyone to wake up, too late now, hopefully they would assume the thieves were still inside, that would by them the few precious moments they would need to get away. He could see the guards scrambling around the grounds trying to make sure no one escaped, good he thought to himself, and with that Gavin bolted into an alley way.

He was running at top speed and could hear Allurriae right on his heels. He noticed some beggars asleep at the end of the alley, the next morning they would awake to find ornate jewelry spread all around them. While Gavin hated giving something up that he had earned, he couldn't let himself be caught with anything that would tie him to the robbery, assuming of course that he was caught, but he had slipped once tonight and he wouldn't do it again. He remembered the bag of money, but he could easily claim that as his if any questions were asked, especially after the coins made their way into his own money pouch and the current one was discarded.

They made it back to the inn without a hassle although Gavin took quite awhile to get there, making sure to avoid the local militia who was now very aware of what had happened at the lords manor house. Dawn was approaching as they reached the alley to their room, Gavin had forgotten they had used a rope to climb down, good that saved him the hassle of needing a new one. He quickly got rid of the money purse he had stolen, throwing it out of the window, and started packing all of his equipment. "Change back to your other clothes, we're leaving now," he said in case the packing hadn't already informed her of his decision to leave. He changed back into his riding clothes and was about to open the door when there was a knock.

Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:18 pm
Stablehand

Gavin looked at the door, then at Allurriae, then at the window. Yes, he could answer the door or he could make a break to the window. Frankly he didn’t want to be bothered with a ton of questions and people going throw his things, so Gavin did the one logical thing he could think of. He walked over to the window and lowered himself as far as he could before letting go and fell with a light thud on to the ground.

Gavin assumed that Allurriae would follow him, so he walked around to the stables, paid the stable boy and took the horses and saddles. He then led the horses to another alley where he got them ready to be ridden. That done, he took the reigns of his horse and the pack horse and trotted off, no sense in making a mad dash for the city gates when he could ride out of them or get as close as possible without bring attention to himself. Plus if a situation did arise, he wanted to be able to use the horses sudden burst of speed to get him safely through it.

Gavin’s plan was going well, no one was following them, and they were almost to the gate, 20 more feet and they would be out of this town and on their way to the mountains. Just then, one of the men, who Gavin could only assume was one of the people who had paid them a visit at the inn started to shout, “Stop them! Stop the elves!” Gavin reacted instantly, the burst he would need from the horse was now, and he was through the gates before the gaurds had their weapons out, it was the arrows that would rain down on them now that was his main concern…

Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:26 am
Stablehand

::Her heart was racing from the mad dash through the streets to the inn, then the climb from the window, and now this hurried departure from the town.. Her raven black hair was flying in the wind as she dug her small heels into the side of her horse and urged him to go faster.

Getting caught wasnt something Allurriae' was used to, but she had been careless in the library. Quiet but messy. And the messy part was what had likely gotten them caught. Thank the gods she'd remembered to shut the hidden door. Maybe if they only thought a few baubles had been stolen, they would have a chance to get away. If they realized it was a magic item, and one in the hands of some powerful elves no less, welll, lets just say they'd be in some trouble.

The book was currently in the hidden pocket of her cloak. snapped securely in its hiding place. She could feel it making a sort of humming sound against her thigh as she rode. Strange. for a book that hadn't seemed all that powerful, it was making its presence known now when she'd least expected it.

Ahh well:she mused to herself: before i worry about my newly aquired toy, we have to get ourselves safely out of this mess we landed in.
She leaned low over her horses neck and started crooning soflty to the great black beast...as if it had understood her, the horse put on a burst of speed and she glanced up quickly, seeing the gates before her and praying theyd make it through without any mishap. She had a book to examine after all and the ones who delayed her from it would definetly feel some of her temper..

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:01 pm
Stablehand

Gavin knew the onslaught was coming, but even his training as a mage was about to pay off. He had made sure one of the initial spells he learned was one of protection. He chanted the necessary words, "Arcno De Shiedas" and a magical aura radiated around his body. He knew he would be safe, but he still had to hope the horses weren't struck anywhere that would seriously impede them. And as for Allurriae, well she was on her own.

A second after he finished chanting, he heard the whiz of an arrow fly by his head. He spread his body out as far as he could to help protect the horse, but it did no good, he felt the horse jerk as an arrow hit it in the back leg, when the adrenaline rush wore off, the horse would be limited, but for now they would have to push on before he could switch this horse with the horse he used for their equipment. He didn't mind losing a horse, but to lose it this early in the trip was bothersome, now they would have to "acquire" another horse at some point in their journey.

Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:16 pm