It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:04 am

A Lasting Impression (Closed) 
Stablehand

Post A Lasting Impression (Closed)
There are people in life that leave lasting impressions where ever they travel. Some of these people have a gift of touching your life and leaving you feeling fulfilled. They leave you feeling satisfied that in some small way you had contributed to the whole. In other cases they made you feel as if anything you did meant nothing in the long run. All was for naught and you are a waste of space. The latter seemed to be the mood at the moment. Nothing he had done seemed to be worth anything, anything that mattered anyways. These past few months it had been that way. He thought himself pretty much worthless to anyone or anything. With the loss of the magic that flowed within the wound only got bigger. His life had spiraled out of control and as he looked at his rough hands, he finally realized that his life had hit rock bottom.

So this is what it all boils down to. The calloused hands of a man that had done so much only to accomplish so little.

The words slipped slowly from his mouth. His dry cracked lips only reflecting what his mind was portraying. Blood flowed freely from the cracks in his lips now. The lack of water and any sort of nutrition had left him in a ragged state. The will to live led him to where he now sat.

The dark and dank ally which had become his home for the past few months suited the mood. No one would think to search for him here, and that’s the way he wanted it.

I found you. You have hidden from me but I have finally found you. The wards set up around you are crude indeed. Nothing that I would have expected from someone of you stature.

The voice was one he recognized from a past he would rather not relive, yet the voice was unmistakable.

What do you want of me this time Tem? Did you not get enough the last time we crossed paths?

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:05 pm
Stablehand

What do I want from you? I want nothing from one such as you. It is what I can do for you that might be of interest to you. If you do what I say you will be free. Does that interest you in the slightest bit?

She sat next to the man that had once been her lover. He still had the characteristics he once had. Strong in mind and body even if he did seem a bit smaller in frame. She would take care of that soon enough.

You were a fool for leaving me and thinking you could find love somewhere else. You knew that if you ever left there would always be sorrow in your heart. Betrayal and hate would only follow you till your life’s end. Here I sit with you extending my hand and offering the end to further pain. You know you can’t be alone with yourself. You only make your company bored with you.

At that she let out a laugh. It had been a long time since she had laughed out loud at anything.

So are you ready to walk with me? Are you ready to step into madness once more?

The sun started to come up over the buildings and started to cover the alley with a blanket of light. She looked down at him and saw him in the light for the first time. She actually felt bad for him. He was a great man once. Now he struggled to rise to his feet.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:36 pm
Stablehand

A thought came through his mind as he touched the woman’s hand. The thought brought up a picture of her when they were together a long time ago. A time when everything seemed right once in a world filled with chaos. The thought was a small poem he had rehearsed in his mind for some time.

You call me crazy because I laugh when I should cry.
You call me crazy because I cry when all was happiness.
You don’t understand me, you call me crazy, and I only inspire curiosity in you.
If you only knew the immense thirst for tenderness inside of me.
If you understood that there is a secret that no one has told.
Because I talk to no one about you.
If you only knew and understood, but you will never understand.
My secret, not you nor anyone can ever know.
You call me crazy because I laugh when I should cry.
You call me crazy because I cry when all was happiness.

He let go of her hand and began to walk next to her. The journey would once again begin for him.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:54 pm
Stablehand

He raised his hand to strike her but lacked the strength to follow through. The action did make her stop mid sentence.

Don’t tell me that you love me. Don’t tell me that you adore me, that you missed me. Can’t you see that I am suffering enough? Don’t tell me that without me you will die, I have seen your tears and they are false. You took for granted the words we spoke and the moments we spent together. Those moments and words that made you dream.

The look in her face was one of false surprise. She was edging him on, wanted him to open up to her.

Your lips have nothing more to offer this mouth. Now I know why you have come. You have remembered my kindness. I hope you didn’t come here to ask me for compassion, only to run off again into the night…

His own sentence stopped in mid stride. What a hypocrite he was for saying that out loud. Judging someone for the same deeds he had done to others. Others who he had loved and loved him in return. He closed his eyes to try and stop the tears building up but it was too late.

It doesn’t matter if you see me cry. I cry for a love that I lost. That’s why I am where I am, I don’t want anyone to see me suffer for the mistakes that I have made. Even though I left her, the memories of those days and those obscure nights I can never erase.

At that moment he could feel the rune come alive. The one thing that would not let him die. As it pulsed he could feel the life fill back into him. Slowly the color returned to his pale face.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:56 am
Stablehand

See I told you freedom was just moments away. Unleashing what is in your heart has unlocked the rest of your inner workings. There is still much that you have tried to hide from the rest of the world Guidion. Why I just don’t know. It seems that you wanted to get lost on purpose. You know someone somewhere is missing you. You know that there are people that still believe that you can do what you once did before.

She looked at him once more. Her hand rested upon his shoulder as the walked.

I did what I came here to do love. To bring you back to the path that you walked before. Now the rest is up to you…

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:14 pm
Stablehand

He had heard her words and had felt her touch fading. He had known that she was not there with him anymore. The dust that came with every footstep was his alone. He looked forward at the road ahead of him. There was much thinking to do and much walking to do it in.

Hmm..

The road he walked would lead him back home. Back to the Tower. Once there he would need to have a resolution. A final vow to himself and to others.

Now the rest is up to you…

The words echoed in his mind. He assumed they would for the remainder of this journey. The rune had spread from his hand slowly running up his arm. He knew that the magic was still alive in him. He knew that was the only way that she would know him to be alive. It had been years since he last stepped in the Tower. He only hoped that the gates still swung open for him on this return.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:25 pm
Stablehand

Only one more bend in the road and he would be at the Tower gates. He could feel his heart pounding in his head as he got closer. What would he say to her? What would she say to him? What if nothing was said?

He reached the gates and they seemed colder to him than the last time he had been here. He had known in his heart that the gates of the Tower might not open for him. But as he raised one hand to touch them they slowly creaked open. A wind went through the opening as if to inspect the visitor. He raised his hands in the air to show that he meant no harm.

Enter...

The wind seemed to whisper in his ear.

Your home has been empty without you.

The magical words from the Tower tingled in his mind. No doubt programmed into the Tower by his wife.

He walked up to the huge double doors. They too opened at his coming. The interior was dark and cold. The rays of the sun seemed not to have touched the inside of the main room for some time. He took the cold stairway up to the bedroom he shared with Oriana. He knew she was not here, else he would either be dead or hanging from a tree dying. He couldn't blame her for doing either to him after what he had put her through. He sat on the huge bed and spread his arms out to feel the velvety spread. He closed his eyes and remembered the nights spent here. He remembered the times she held him. He touched his left hand where the golden circle still hummed around his finger.

A man not worth the love that was put into the making of this ring.

He said that out loud and could feel a small tremble. It might have been the Tower or his lower lip that was moving. Slowly he got up and went to the nearby desk. Taking out a piece of paper and one of Oriana's quill pens he sat down to write...

My love,

You are what I most want in this world. You are the most profound thought in my mind. You are the first thing I think about when I wake. And the last thought before I sleep. The most precious thought that inhabits my mind. What else can I write? Perhaps I can lie to you without reason, but what I feel is that without you I am better off dead because you are what I most love in this world. You are my time completely. You are what people promise when they love each other, my salvation, my hope, my faith.

He paused for a bit to read over the words on the parchment. Feelings all jumbled up into words. He was not one for writing down words. Slowly the pen hit the paper again.

I am here by your side love and always will. You are what I think about every minute, what I hold dearly in this world. Remember who I was and how I felt. I love you still...

Guidion

He folded the letter twice to make a small pocket. In it he whispered a word that would send the message to where ever she was at the moment. Once the paper was out of his hand he moved to the middle of the room.

He removed the ring from his left hand and placed it on the palm of his right. Slowly the ring lifted and began to glow. He could feel the power drawing him in. He hesitated for a moment before releasing the bond he had with his wife. Slowly he let go of every thing that made him. Everything seemed to vortex into the ring starting with his right hand. It took but a second for all of his energy to drain through the small opening. The ring still hovered there for a second before it too was drawn into itself.

The Tower was silent once more. The cold breeze swept the hallways once more to make sure nothing remained. The bond had been broken between them and she had been set free to live her life. He had taken enough from her and it was the only thing he had left to give her. His essence showered the Tower with a feint blue glow. Over time it would dissipate. But a lasting impression none the less.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:53 pm