It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Desert Wadi -Open to All- 
Stablehand

Post Desert Wadi -Open to All-
The summer sun shines down on us once again, just as it did when first we met. The gloden warmth sparks nostalgia that runs deep within the soul, past memory, into legend. Like a Hundred moments, before it, this moment will be all, this time ours, this place the world, this day the life time, this feeling the only one we will ever want to feel.
Now is the time to venture forth from the saftey of your cities, the comfort of your homes and the fortifications that you think keep you safe. Its time to journey into the wilds, and seek out the hidden places where all your cares and worries vanish into the golden light that sparkles down around you. Start you journey toward that which is waiting for you to discover it, and be ready to find it just where you know its isnt, and just when you thought you'd lost it. Its just ahead of you, on the horizion, the gleam of green, the gleam of new life. . . welcome, traveler. . . to the Wadi.. .

The desert has been harsh, the wastes harsher yet, body and soul pounded by the unforging mistress that is mother nature at yer unkindest. Still harder has been the path that brought you here, the long road, that took so much out of you , cost you so much, took such a high toll that you set out to find what it was that you were fighting for and striving against in the first place. The stinging sands lashed you as the wind chillled you to the bone, and the unchanging stones left no place to rest or hide. For days, or weeks or years you walked, stagged and crawled under the dark , clouded sky. Untill the urge that drove you brought you at last to the edge of a precipce, and force you to look down. . .

To see paradise. . .

Here, where the clouds break, as if the sky opened just for this place, golden shafts of light pour down from the life giving sun, and sparkle like a million gems, shattering into a thousand facets each remultiplied over and over again. Here: and the grey stones give way to a riot of color, lush against a canvas of green, burgeoning life. Palms sway above the tops of even loftier ceaders, and here the biting wind calms to a gentle south'easter, soft and warm like a kiss against your skin. Below in the valley, a sparkling river, shining like a sword, cuts back and forth across the green like the strokes of a master swordsman, here and there dipping and flashing amidst the arching branches. Drawing your eye ever inward, toward the center of the sea of green, where you see it.

Rising like venus from the waves, a simple temple of golden stone, cut from polished blocks that look as if they have rested here for a thousand years. Its simple stones are unadorned, but from the crest of the rough pyramid springs a single ray of silver light, almost a beacon of hope that draws the sun to light its beginning. Dazed and blinking from the sudden light, you look down for a moment, and see the path that leads you down towards the light. Waitng as if it has always been there, you see a tiny golden cat, tufted ears twitching as if it can't belive it took you so long to come here.

Turning as if to lead you on, it pads away on silent feet. Leading you through a jungle of light and scent, a forest of living things and new growth. Here the path is soft beneath you feet, the wind caressing. Water tinkles and the path winds along the stream, lined by fruit trees and the occasional bush. Along the path, shadowed places speckled with light and carpeted with soft grass lure you toward sleep, and rest. Days later, refreshed and renewed, you break into a clearing to see youve reached your destination.

The golden temple soars above your head, shining like a beacon, a beacon that has drawn many here. A thriving market and city spill towards you down a gentle slope, and nearby a bazaar spreads its tents. Here you see one in the livery of Isonia, taking ease and holding forth to a group of travellers. Your heart skips a beat as you realize that amidst his listeners are a group of Darden knights and a sage of Foret. his story reaches its end and all[ of his listeners applaud. Your eyes seek the temple, wondering what lord holds this beautifull place, in this age of war..

. . and you realize. No faith holds sway here, no looming invasion threatens, no lord reigns but one. Peace. . . for the first time in ages, you relax. your long search is over. And you have found peace.

For now.

[ooc: Feel free to post here, anything you would noramlly do, in a town, Non war related.. Relax, take a load off, tell a story or joke, meet the rulers and travelers in your world. Remember, though, here peace reigns. /ooc]

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:51 pm
Stablehand

. . . the great golden Temple has no priests that serve it, no altars with wafting incense curling in wisps of eathereal haze towards the sky. no worshippers crowd its steps and plaza, and no motion or noise breaks the stillness of the antechamber. The great golden doors, made of some unknown substance, and sealed with a symbol foreign to the histories of man, guards the entrance to what must be the interior spaces of this massive pile of ochered stones. No one has ever passed its doors from the outside, and no priest or gaurd or holy one has ever come forth from inside. Offerings are sometimes left by unkowing travellers, or gratefull wanderers, and most sit in the great hall that is the portico of the temple. Often it is remarked in the city that outlys the Temple, that it seems there is always an offering there, and some whisper that all offerings left there remain forever. Regardless, no one in the city would claim to have takenn something from the offerings, nor would they think to. . ."

Untill recently. Foodstuffs and weapons have begun to slowly disapear from among the offerings, and despite gaurds being posted, and trained men keeping close eye, none have been seen pilfering, and none of the treasure or monies have been removed. Some have remaarked that what has been taken might almost be those things necessary for a long journey.

Over time, a group of historians has taken up residence in the city, to study the temple, and the wide range of items left by those who pass by. A varied group, they specialze in half a hundred different fields of histoical research. They meet daily to discuss thier new finds, to work out questionalbe origions, or just to share news from abroad. Thier favorite topic is the Temple , and its creators. They all assume that it is the magical influence of the Temple that drew them there, and that maintains their lush surroundings.

Today the group holds court in the main city square, low tables and stools dragged out into the sun, and sprawled with books and scrolls, diagrams and notes. The current topic of discussion is the Seal on the Temple doors, and two voices rise in contention, supported on both sides by learned men form the crowd.

"Now then this is Clearly a Dardenian work, of late thirteenth age....

"Says who? Look the inscription here! this appears to be late 5th age Isonian"

"Isonia? Hardly.. Its Foretian if anything, but this image must be Dardanian, no other faith would use a buring sun as a . ."

"Sun, thats no sun its a moon, or an eclipse or its Something, and its Foretian I tell you, look here at this inscrition from the scrolls of AT'To"

. . The debate continues on, and near the corner of the square, the captain of the volunteer gaurds takes notes and prepares for the next shift. Tonight they will catch the thieves , even if the have to cordon off the whole Temple to do it...

[ooc] Feel free to join the debate, or the volunteer gaurds.. and make it up as you go.. just dont go into the temple.. . [/ooc]

Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:28 am
Stablehand

wrong alt

Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:28 pm
Stablehand

...Later that same day, In a small canvaserii across the city, people came and went as the day went on. The modest staff wasnt to hard at work, for most people had homes to go to , or places to be. Once night fell, theyd work for thier keep, but now, they waited on the few customers who passed in, or simply lounged in what shade they could find. A cooling breeze blew in from the nearby river port, and two men sat talking at a back table. Hoods obscured thier faces, but every so often a stray sunbeam glinted back from the golden earings of one man, and sparkled in the golden eyes of the other. . ."

". .now I hear theyre cordoning it off, In an attempt to stop me. . .

"Keep your voice down man, you'll be heard!"

"Relax, theres no one here to hear us. Now, as planned, have your river dogs ready, Ive no clue who the actuall thief is, but if all goes well, I plan to make use of any distraction to nip in an pick up some coin and goods. Have a boat standing by, and i'll see how many trips I can make, before Im spotted."

"Aye, the Wastrel is already anchored near the spot, simple childs play to slip 'er and meet ya. How much you think to get?"

"No telling, for true, but thats a rich lot there, we'll not go poorly."

The conversation continues in this vein for awhile, the talk of pirates and theives about thier buisness. The two consume , generous amounts of liquor, and fail to notice the shabby looking individual who is cadging coins and spare change on the walk next to the canvaserii. An individuall who if noticed; is taking far to much notice of the events in side the canvaserii, than the events occuring inside his beggars cup. After the nefarious pair had parted ways the informant, for that name would fit his trade if not his intent, went about his buisness as well.

[ooc] feel free to take palce in the robbery . .dont get caught tho :) or even bust the pirates. But be warned you cant catch the thief with the golden eyes[/ooc]

Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:29 pm
Stablehand

If one where to swoop above the narrow valley that contained the City, and the temple, and look down at it, it would soon fade into obscurity among the riven and cracked wasteland desert floor, just another narrow, obscured valley among the crevices and rocky gorges that line this place.
When ones viewpoint sweeps back down to fog covered vale, the Temple at first dominated the landscape, its golden glow catching the eye like a fine gem. But, after a moment, even the finest gems are overtaken by the fine jewelry that is the city, sparkling in the twighlight. A thousand torches only serve as a golden warm, glowing backdrop for the dark shapes of buildings lit from within by myriads of lights, natural and mystical. Here and ther a great bonfire blazes in a square, and the thoughofares are chains of glimmeirng light as commerce and the citizenry refuse sleep in favor of a nights adventure.

All manner of smells and sounds waft up from the busy streets; from the heady scents of spices and cooking from restraunts and inns, to the bawdy shouts and laughter from dockside taverns and downtown nightspots. A cacaphony of colors swims down the streets like multicolored fish in a stream, nobles in finery and merchants and workmen in thier templeday best. Few gaurds are seen, and even those are in polished armor, with fine plumes and capes. Here and there excess wine and liquor leads to a drunken brawl or scuffle, but even those are rare on this night.

The wind from the south is warm, and the rain is just stopped, leaving the air fresh and clean. A few entersprising streetside hawkers have opend their fruitstands and shops for the evening, peddelling fruit juices and sweet treats to those with funds to spend. Bright lights and the sound of music mix with dark alleys and smoke on this night out. All manner of interesting and dangerous people are abroad, and adventure is afoot. . .

You view point swoops away as you leave, headed on toward wherever your fate takes you. As you go, you see the tracks of new people, new faces, all headed in toward the city, and the fast approaching night. . .

[ooc]This is an open thread! Come on people, roleplay! i can only paint the landscape, I rely on you, the readers to make it come to true Life. The night awairts, and events are afoot! [/ooc]

Fri May 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Stablehand

The night was cold as the wind whipped across the desert into the city. Sand storms where gathering in the distance, the howling spreading across the plain. I had not been here before but this place was no secret to my people. Many had heard of the Wadi when we first came to this new land, many had been, many had enjoyed, many more would come.

I was left wondering how long this city had been standing for, had it been here before this time. Was this a piece of the land that once was, the place of the beginning. Would this be familiar to his Queen if and when she were to visit this fine place.

A right turn and I found myself in a close, a small tavern just a few steps ahead.

A meal and an ale it is. Just what I need to feed my famished soul.

Tue May 10, 2005 2:15 pm
Stablehand

*The Wadi, that gentle soothing place. The sand not like walking on coals but walking on plush carpet. The winds were soft and relaxing. The river, a place to fish like no other. The city would be teaming with vendors and there wares from all edges of the large desert. The time for peace was at hand, the needf was great, the wounds of battle very very near. Peace, ah yes peace is just what I need, if only for a short time.*

From the north I came, I'd been in heated battle for so long that even the desert seemed soft compared to the ravaged land left behind. Crops had been decimated, people dead as the grains of sand. Still the enmy had followed, pursued many many miles into the desert. Once there they now wished to have stayed beyond the northern ranges. I lead them in circles only miles from water, all the while sending people to care for us, while theres began to die of thirst until finally there had been a rebellion. The lord had been killed by his captains and they fled. The only problem was that they fled into the heart of the sdesert, stupid northmen. They probably have long since perished.
I looked at the vast expanse before me. It seemed to go on and on, as far as the eye could see. south by south east was our direction. Four days, just four more days and I'd have my time, those who remained with me would have there time as well. Time, such a precious comodity. We should re4build our strength at the Wadi. Indeed we should recover much. War would return, inevitably it always returned..

Fri May 13, 2005 8:38 pm
Stablehand

Kitson looked upon the city before her. It had been many days since she had seen other people. She had almost begun to miss some company, almost that is.

At the city entrance she spotted two yound boys playing in the sand. Children were always a good source of information. They did not always know everything of course, but they were much more honest than their older counterparts. "Excuse me children," she said to them "Could you direct me to the Inn? I am hoping to find a place to stay for the night." "My parents run an Inn."replied one of the boys. "If you'll follow me m'am I'll show you the way." The boy seemed to be about ten or so. Small, skinny, but full of energy with a bright light of joy streaming from his eyes. Kitson smiled at the child. "Yes please do."

As they walked, the boy told her all about the town. Kitson listened, only half hearing what he was saying. "....stealing from temple and ... "Wait, what was that you were saying? "I said that someone has been stealing offerings from the temple. We don't know who it is. My father thinks that someone evil is doing it, and that they ought to be thrown out of the city". Kitson could barely conceal a grin. Interesting it is. How children so admire and look up to their parents. Some day, maybe I should be given such a blessing.

"Here we are. You can go on in and Mum will get you set up with a room."

"Why thank you young sir. I shall be seeing you soon".

As the child ran off, Kitson watched him and wondered what the parents of such a marvelous little boy would be like. She looked up at the Inn. "The Raven Inn" the sign read. An uneasy feeling swept over her. She did not like this building. There was something here not quite right. Not that that's ever stopped me from doing anything she thought to herself. Stepping up to the door she turned the handle and walked inside.

Sat May 14, 2005 3:30 pm
Stablehand

The Raven Inn. Not a large place, nor overly small, the kind of middlesized, family owned place that often went overshadowed by the ornate taverns and guesting houses of the city. not Likely here was the sight of a fine lord and his train of servants,; moreso the chance of a collection of lesser merchants, weary travellers and those with some means, but not large. And, indeed, the common room of the Inn holds just that, a motley group of odds and sorts.

A caravaner just in from the citadel of the Ministry of Stone, telling a tale of far off wars to a group gathered around the roaring blaze of the central hearth. His audience is made up of two bounty hunters, scarred men with lean looks and festooned with all manner of knives, three players from a wandering show, doubtless on the lookout for new materiel and stories for thier stage, and a handfull of bored local craftsmen and workers.

At the nearest tables a group of young men engage in a rouysing game of eights and suits, betting thier days wages on the cards and dice. The burly man lounging at the chair near the door keeps half an eye on them, and the other on the rest of the room. His plain brown leathers and sturdy mace mark him as a paid proffessional watchman, mostlikely an off duty gaurdsman, making extra coin. A curl of exotic smoke reefs its way up from one of the boths that line the far wall, where a group of exotically dressed travellers from the lands of the Founders discusses plans over a small pile of papers and maps. Thier conversations is muted, and muffled by the noise of the common room.

At the small bar, one stool is empty, while the others are filled by an assortment of towns folk; two young blacksmiths, both sublty not courting the waevers apprentice perched between them with a glass of wine at her elbow, and a slumped over old man with a wide floppy hat, nursing a bottle of very high proof burbon. Behind the bar an older man in a clean cotton apron and white shirt, cleans the bartop with a rag thats seen hard use. A door swings open and a slim woman, with jet black hair, the kind they call ravens wing, steps out with a tray heaped with food, and heads toward the group clustered around the fire. Leaving the listenders to parcel out thier own dinners she approaches as the door swings open.

(ooc)[i] Sorry it took so long. most of the partons are legit in the bar, make of them what you will. The woman approaching you is the owner, Raven. The bartender is not her husband. And those werent her children. The Raven Inn fronts for the Blackwings, a local thieves guild. Guess who leads the guild. First hint, Its not Raven.

Sun May 29, 2005 12:39 am
Ms. Evernight

The lush foliage surrounding the temple is joined this night by new growth, tentatively raising trembling leaves towards the ray of silver light above. The leaves are not those of new shoots springing forth from a tender sprout. They stem from a small rose bush, the canes dark with black rot, most of the leaves appearing withered and brittle, rustling faintly with the night's breeze.

The bush shudders as if shaken from within. The leaves changing under the moons' gaze, becoming green, glossy, pliable, alive. They stand proudly from the twisted woven canes revealing sharp green thorns. Once shriveled blossoms the color of dried blood soften, their now smooth, velvety petals curling sensuously around each other unfurling fragrant crimson blooms.

The earth is loose about the bush, smelling freshly turned. The bush grows, ever so slowly, minute inch by minute inch, changing form and shape yet not appearing to, unless one was to watch it. Who, though, would watch a bush grow at night, in the moonlight, when there were so many other, more interesting and important things to watch, or watch for?

Three feet tall now, the bush seems to sigh, a soft sound joining the voice of the evening winds which carry the rose bush's soft perfume across the clearing. Emerald eyes peer from within the cloak of the bramble, for cloak it was, a clever disguise. Ears listen for that which others could not hear over the night sounds of the city.

The bush grows as the eyes and ears within the bush crawls from the tunnel to set padded feet upon the soil. Each movement is painstakingly slow, muscles taught and aching with the strain of such minute, precise movement and positioning.

Fully grown, the bush stands glorious in the shadow of the temple, watching, listening, before taking the next move.

Tue May 31, 2005 7:00 pm
Stablehand

The Temple grounds are large, almost coverina square mile in the heart of the city. Many flowering plants and trees dot the landscape, finding homes in small secluded nooks or sculpted stone wating areas. A few grassy meditation areas, thier smooth emerald swards lush with midnight dew are sprinkled in among the outbuildings and statuary as well. There is only one true garden, as it may be described. called "the viziers garden" by the patrollers, who gaurd it, and the Temple proper it is named for the statue of a exoticly dressed ruler wich sits staring sadly up into the sky at ther very center of the garden. This Garden is home to a wide variety of flowring plants, and fruiting trees. A carfully teneded herb garden yeilds all manner of exotic simples, and the patrollers are carefull to avoid the ghostly figure of a faceless woman who carfully tends the garden. . .

The Viziers Garden is also know for the occasional apperance of rare or valuable plants and trees, often sprouting herbs and vines thought long extinct. Adventurers and natural philosophers who come across seeds among the ruins of elder civilizations, often bring them or send them to collegues who live in the City, so that they might be planted . Local legend, and extensive testing, both amature and learned has shown that the soil of the Viziers Garden can awaken life in almost any seed; such is the vitality and nutrient factor in the soil. Others merely write of this unnatural growth as magic, or the influence of the gods and leave it at that.

This night is no exception, asa long lost and forgotten flower springs from the soil. And It is not alone in its invasion of thr Garden. Furtive noises, and the pad of stealthy feet whisper on the wind that blows from the river on the other side of the back wall of the temple, and across the garden's small lake. A group of stealthy figues in black scales the wall and makes its way toward the temple. The lone patroller who crosses thier path never sees the sap wich renders him hors' de combat. The group of twenty to thirty heads toward the rear entrances of the temple. Thier intentions are not known, but thier attitude is clear.

From concealed vantage points, eyes watch, hands are sweaty on weapon hilts, and silent messages flash by hand. .

[ooc] The raid on the temple is on. feel free to hear the commotion, or be one of the watchers in the garden, or continue to explore town, tavern and all. I will try to bring each place to life for you.

ah. and before I forget. Welcome to the Wadi, Cruella.[/ooc]

Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:25 am
Ms. Evernight

The leaves moved in time with the night breeze, breathing timed to match. The eyes within the bush watched with some surprise and a little annoyance at so many moving through the garden to the rear temple entrance. It was as if they laughed in the face of those who would stop them. Surely she was not the only one to witness their intrusion.

After they had passed, she shrugged her shoulders and the bush fell with a soft rustle from her shoulders. Dressed in black, as those who had just passed, she followed them, keeping to the shadows of the garden. Her plans were obviously thwarted, but with so many involved ahead, there was room for error. Error which she may be able to take advantage of. Until she saw such an error, she would remain part of the night. To be too close to such a group posed a threat, both from them and from any who sought to stop them.

Lightly, she padded forwarded. Behind her, the rose bush began to wither, the blooms dying, the leaves turning grey, lifeless and brittle.

(OOC: Thank you for the welcome. I couldn't miss a chance to rp with you again, it will be sheer delight)

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:32 pm
Stablehand

The wind whispered change this night, as it had so manynights before, wending its way down streets and across thourghfares and across roof tops. It toyed briefly here and there in dark corners and back alleys where names that had not been spoken in ages where uttered to listening ears, and forces long silent stirred in thier slumber. The clear desert sky swarmed with clouds, fat and heavy, promising a rare storm, fardistant rumblings of thunder rolled across the City and the Temple, and late night partiers scurried for shelter from the threat of rain.
The air, cooled already by the touch of night grew damp and chill as the wind rushed pell-mell through the streets, splashing fat droplets of icy rain here and there. The silver gray thunderclouds hung heavy over the city, and drew in seemig breath with wich to shout forth a torrental deluge apon the city. Doors and windows slammed shut or open in the wind, and muffled voices throughot the city called for them to be fastened and all who where outside to seek shelter.
As the storm broke over the city. Stillness once again crept over the Temples gardens, the stars still shone, and night birds welcomed the coming moon. Stealthy Feet carried ruffians nearer to the waiting hands of justice, and cool breezes wafted dead rose petals and the scent of summer rains across the garden

The Rivers surface was wave-tossed mayhem, and the sturdy boats of local fishermen and merchants bobbed like corks on a line at anchor. Up stream of the docks, out of sight near the bend wich lead past the Temple and back out into the Desert, a looming shadow at the river bank was the Catra-Mene, pride of the merchant Pritrit -Agaraes. A seaworthy boat, Agaraes had it built at the docks in order to further his attempt at reaching the great sea by boat from this remote place. He had claimed often enough to have a map of a possible route and had said that it was useable only at a certain time of year, but had not had his craft sea worthy untill now.
Swathed in black silk sails and blackened, tarred hull the Catra-Mene looked a gaigantic assasin, stealthly hidden near the rear of the temple.
Pritrit's men swarmed her decks, making ready as if to load a heavy cargo with some speed, while stern eyed men in dark robes watched from vantage points and turned wary eyes against those who might approach stealthly in the night, cursing at the fat drops wich slowly be can to pelt down from the lowering sky..

. . .

In the High Library of the city, there was a small, yet well kept section wich delt strictly in materiels relating to the nature, and history and features of the City as it had been for these many years. One man, whos name most failed to care about, maintained this collection and was its most accomplished researcher. Only a few of the city leaders knew of his existance, living in the samll room in back of the Library, and none could have expected the small scrap of parchment he studied now, late at night, amidst the breaking storm.
The waterlogged page of scroll, torn from some elder libram was faded beyond perception on the front, but a strong, semi literate hand had left several pages of notes, or journals written on the back. This parchment had been found in a sealed heavy steel chest buried amidst excavations in the cities catacombs. The chest contained several relief maps of the city as it had stood several thousand years ago, and various other valuable works of the time.

And this scrap of paper. . .

The 3rd Year of Steel, Day 149 end of entry.

". . . It is the third day now. there is little hope left. The Garndram is raging now, past hope of containment. Much of the city, and all of the lower levels are lost. Evacuations have taken place, but the dockas are lost, and all that was there is gone.

Day 150, only small section readable.

". . . There is no place left to go, but the high magestiers tower. Only a few of us left now, and even the iron body of the tower is beginning to creak. . how can this be, In the desert? "

Final entry, as can be translated

"we have finished it, and hope to escape! the magistiers tower is cracking and will fall soon. I will entrust this to this prepared chest lest we fail and leave no mark of our passage. I must still wonder, how is it that the temple shines, even . ."

The rest is illegible, destroyed by water an d time.

The scholar ponders this menace, this "Garndram". What could it be? Leafing through the maps that accompany this He feels a great chill settle on his heart. For he sees there thr same temple, the citys lines different but familiar. And running through the city, The river, Named on this anchient map, the Garndram. He flees, out into the city, out into the night, out into the storm, seeking for those who must hear his message. Before its to late
Before the breaking of the Storm. Before the third day.

[ooc] Well, theres a plot twist for you! Write on , and I shall embelish all![/ooc]

Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:24 pm
Stablehand

Jade Gazelle

Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:43 pm
Stablehand

Her light, white wrap had served her well over the years. Her hair and face were covered with a black silk scarf wrapped to conceal her raven hair. Her dark eyes looked upon the city as it was now. She remembered what it looked like years ago, since the siege of the city, when she was stabbed in the heard by an enchanted sword. The touch of this sword cursed her to be forced into an eternal sleep for years in a hidden tomb. This was the most death she could find and she had yet to uncover the curse. Finding this sword was her only way to break the curse, but she would have to pass this onto another and bury the sword in the desert sands.

She had walked a few days and was dehydrated at the point in which death would have come a day before. But her thirst and hunger drove her forward into the city. Her clothes showed signs of wear, though they were far from ragged. However, in appearance she was healthier than one who had traveled for days in the desert.

She visited a merchant to get some new clothes and a new scarf to cover her raven hair. Her brown eyes were all that she chose to revel as of yet. She remembered the traditions of the old town, but looking around reveled that it was a new world she had woken in. Women showed their faced to any man they wished and at all times. But she knew nothing about this new world, this new town. It was all strange to her, especially that the thieves guild held power over this land. It meant nothing more than keeping enough coin to get what she needed. But what little gold was left in her resting place would not last very long. She would have to find a companion before she was able to get further.

She found her way quietly into the Raven Inn. She turned away from the patrons and found a dark place to sit. Perhaps now she would finally find a fitting drink to fill her thirst. When the raven-haired owner asked what she sought for a drink all she replied was a pitcher of water. She just hoped that would be enough to quench her thirst.

After overlooking the tavern and finishing the pitcher she offered a single piece of gold before exiting to the city itself. She smiled when a scholar came near, warning of a siege to come. She was glad that the city would see something other than peace in time. Peace maintained by thieves was waiting to be turned into chaos.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:44 pm