It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:14 pm

A return for Darden (OPEN to ALL) 
Stablehand

Post A return for Darden (OPEN to ALL)
It had taken many cycles of the moon for the wonderer to come back to the realm that had all at once encompassed his livelihood. The dusty roads and traveling of the realms had been many and had taken their toll on the traveler. War had been great and the road to this place had been merciless. Many a warrior had succumbed to the deeds and the transgressions of the evil and the vile that waited along the many roads.

Thinking back to the beginning of the journey, the wonderer looked back over his flock as they made their way to the staging ground with which they would reclaim their rightful place among the realms. It had been ages since he had stood before them at the seaport of Al Shirya where they had begun the journey….

The horses had been taken off the ship one at a time lead by their masters onto the hard packed earth that made up the break waters that kept the port from being over ran by the ebb of the ocean. The supplies were offloaded onto the numerous wagons and the tagalongs as they were called were gathering with their meager belongs awaiting the signal to begin. The vast array of troops and weapons were spread out among the vagabond grouping. It was much better to spread out the fighting force among the unprotected then to mass them in one location. Thevisen called forth by his master, met with the being he had so long followed….

Master, we have done as instructed. All the horses and the people are gathered together they await your instructions as you would see fit to inform them.

Aye, see that every horseman and every driver are gathered for my instructions at the large rock that leads out of this port. I do not need the tagalongs, they will only get in the way. I need only instruct those that are fighters and those that will be in command of beasts so that they might know of what we are to do.

Thevisen nodded his head and made his way to speak with his underlings through them the messages would be sent…..so the journey would begin.

OOC: To the followers of Darden. A new force is upon the realm. Feel free to contact me at my ICQ listed in my profile. The time of the false prophets and the false Gods leading the masses is over. A new time of development is upon us. Feel free to join in to the party, we shall make a wonderful travel among the realms, and reclaim that which has been lost.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:52 pm
Traveler

:: The Catacombs below Helios Keep, the Shining Lands ::

"This is where we were told to go is it not?"

"Aye tis indeed. We have our instructions straight from Him, whose name we will not be speaking of hear."

"Aweful dusty for having recently had such a fine funeral."

The words echoed thorugh the hallways of the catacombs as the small group of people infiltrated the warrens below Helios Keep. They had cloaked themselves in darkness, clothng and spells, in order to hide from those who might catch a glance of them.

It was fortunate that tonight was a new moon. Thier small boat had glided effortless ly around the rocky protuberances and into a small sheltered cove that led to a cave that led into the catacombs themselves.

They had been walking for hours and only recenlty come upon anything that looked manmade. The leader of the group was a man named Gryple and he had brought 4 others with him to this place on the edge of the lands held by one of the mightist guilds currently in the lands - the Ministry of Stone.

Helios Keep was the home of Kellen Farstrider, the last name was a recent addition that the commoners had come up with. It had previously been the home of Bran Feargahal who had died of a wound suffered during a titanic battle. It was Lord Bran's body that they were after.

Grypl held the torch up high and looked at the two doorways where the hallway forked. The torch flickered towards the right. smiling ot himself for the information he had been given had now be proven correct, Gryple led his men down the left hallway and towards the royal crypt.

After a time, and many turnings, they finally came upon the newly sealed burial chamber of Lord Bran Feargahal. Carefully they pried away the large seal that covered the doors. Jilli, the sorcerer traveling with them, cast his glamour over the archways and dispelled any enchantments that may have been placed there. Jilli made careful note of what was disspelled so that after thier work was done he could recast them and no one would be the wiser.

As they entered the chamber they saw Lord Bran's body lying on a stone slab with a shaft of starlight falling upon his face. He looked almost alive...

Grypl quickly crossed to the body and examined it for deterioation. "Ah, all is well. As we were informed the body was not embalmed and the spells that were cast have kept it fresh. Everythign is according to plan so far. Lets get set up and carry out our His orders. Tonight we bring back to life a legendary enemy of Darden!"

Grypl cackled to loudly as he imagined what the nights bit of grim work would accomplish.....

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:42 pm
Stablehand

Riding up to Thevisen I smiled as he patted his steed on its mane and extended his hand in salute...

"Lord, we have gathered the women and the children and spread the warriors out among them as instructed. We are ready to depart this sandy oasis and make our way to our new holdings as soon as you can point us in the direction."

"Yes, our new holdings."

I gripped the reins of my steed and worked my jaw as I looked off to the east. It had been only mere days since myself and a small honor guard gone forward and decended on a small hamlet freeing its people from the vile but weak Isonian land holders.

"They are not much I am afraid, but they will do for a base of operatith which to launch from mark my words, the Crusaders will be upon the lands."

"Aye that sire, but we will bring honor back to these people I tell you.

"Yes, we will. See that we travel due east across that ridge I want to be 20 clicks north by nightfall."

always CoR/TDoDCOF
suicide soldier :fire:
Welcome to Babylon come see me sometime.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:12 pm
Stablehand

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:51 pm
Stablehand

She watched from the deck of the ship as one of her husband's soldiers led her mare down the plank to the waiting land. The wind danced around her, teasing her hair and whispering to her. Her power to use and direct the wind had served them well in their journey upon the seas. She had grown stronger in her craft as the journey lengthened, but the strain of its constant use was visible in the lines of fatigue around her eyes.

She followed the man with her horse and accepted his offer to aid her in mounting. She placed her booted foot in his cupped hand and he boosted her into the saddle. She took up the reins and guided her mount to where her husband was directing Thevisen on their destination.

The wind danced around her again, but this time it held a warning. She turned in the direction of the wind and waited, listening. Her mount danced in aggitation as she caught her mistresses uneasiness. Something was wrong.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:53 pm
Traveler

Grypl placed the last blood red candle around the slab with careful precision. The others stood off to the side; Jilli, Hyron, and Ferril. Grypl motioned to Jilli to step forward and he retreated to the side with the others.

Jilli stood at Bran's feet and closed his eyes. Soon he began to sway in a rhythmic motion back and forth - he had entered into a deep trance. Words began to spill from his lips.

At the first word all the candles exploded into flame. An acrid black smoke floated into the air and curled around the body of Bran Feargahal upon the slab. It covered him a blanket of smoke.

Jilli's incantations grew more fevered as he began to waive his hands in intricate patterns to the arcane words that spewed from his slack jaws. Pinpoints of light began to appear above the body, each pulsing slowly as it grew in size.

There were 7 in all; one for each of the following: head, heart, stomach, left palm, right palm, left foot, and right foot. Each of the energy balls floated in place above the body. Grypl and the others shrank back from the light and crackling energies of the balls.

They had not been told about this part of their nights work and were surprised at the intensity of it. Grypl thought of his previous trip here to the castle when he had worked as a servant in the kitchen, carefully administering the poison to Lord Bran's meals and drinks until he had succumbed to deaths embrace. Grypl had left soon after.

Jilli screamed as he snapped out of his trance and Grypl was jerked from his thoughts as the others too began to bellow. The sight that filled his vision was one he had thought was impossible only moments before.

Jilli stood, if that’s what you wanted to call it, impaled upon the sword that Lord Bran held in his hands. Bran sat on his funeral slab with the seven lightening spheres dancing around his torso while a wicked grin creased his face.

I have been expecting you. Bran said laughing. Lord Bran's laughter sent a cold stab of fear down Grypl's back as he steadied his sword in his hand and advanced on this newly animated corpse.

Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:20 pm