It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Of Orphaned Crusaders and Fishy Orbs... (OAFS/ORB vs. Leto) 
Teh Spam!

Post Of Orphaned Crusaders and Fishy Orbs... (OAFS/ORB vs. Leto)
OOC: Sorry the thread's late, I've been busy...

At the dawn of the new age the Order of Almighty Fishingrods had lost some allies. The Sekhet-Aaru were now following the dominion of the warlady Angelique. But soon after their leaving another guild filled the vacuum they left. The Orb Combine.

As the Sekhet-Aaru they were loyal to those of the same faith and dominion.

With the emergence of the new lords, Nagash's people had flocked to the one called Barnabas. In fact, all Isonians had chosen Barnabas' side. Those believing Darden were enthralled by Leto, the brigand and the Foretians chose the side of Angelique, the warlady.

Some said that the names of these new leaders were not the same as those of the gods of old by coincidence. Nagash fiercely hoped that it was, for the brigand Leto was nothing like the old god who stood for chaos, decadence and arts. Nor was Barnabas as despicable as his namesake, the god of old.

Barnabas and Nagash had met. Nagash had bluntly stated to the man that he'd allow his people to flock to his side, but that he'd better not get in the Rod Rodent's way. 'Old Barnie' had nodded, seeing a lot of people choose Leto's and Angelique's side as well.

Barnabas had asked the Order of Almighty Fishingrods and the Orb Combine to join forces and assault the followers of Leto. Nagash would rather fight Foretians again, but agreed. His land could no longer be expanded by putting hostile tribes to the sword or buying estates. The Order of Almighty Fishingrods needed land. And the Letites had it. Thus it was agreed. The Order of Almighty Fishingrods and the Orb Combine would assault the Family of Orphans and the Crusaders of the Realms.

The family was the first to see the might of the Isonians. The crusaders would soon follow. As many children were orphaned in a fierce battle for a key city of one of the Letite realms, Barnabas emerged. He approached Nagash and asked him what he would get from the spoils of war. Enraged, Nagash pointed at the battling armies.

" Look here, you idiot! Those are armies of the Fishingrod! Armies of Isonia! The people who for some reason beyond my understanding have taken a liking to you will have more land to live on! As long as they still follow Isonia I care not.

Had you men joined mine in this battle, we'd share the spoils. Your men are nowhere to be seen. So leave this place and play the beggar somewhere else!! "

His eyes were widned and sparked with anger. What was this new kid on the block thinking?!?

Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:22 am
Stablehand

Come my people. From your crypts, from your caves, from all the subterrains, I call upon you to rise up. The feeding hour is at hand.

The dark woman sat in front of the Orb. Through it, her mind pervaded all those who swore fealty to the Combine. The summons was received into the distance to the outlying Clans.

Clan Aswang had been dutifully employing their dark arts. The intel which had been flowing in solidified that which she already had suspected: followers of Leto were growing strong in the lands over the Mountain. Their arrogance and pride were a direct abomination to our Lord Barnabas.

Kankakee, queen of her people, descendant of Holy Pent, and now Bearer of the Orb, had consulted her patron, Ithilius. She expressed concern that the followers of the Combine were too few in number to match the combined strength of the mighty houses of The Crusaders of the Realms and the Family of Orphans. A warm feeling permeated through her body and Ithilius spoke.

My beloved child. Take heart in our Lord Barnabas. He shields his people with strength and puts steel in their arms. He is the Great Architect. His plans are just now being revealed to you.

It had been at that moment when calls from her chamberlains announced that emissaries from her faithmates, The Order of Almighty Fishingrods, had arrived. They brought news of war and subjugation in the name of Barnabas.

Come Clan Mullo, Clan Lamia! Come Clan Wampyr, bring your mighty cavalry and your bright colored banners! Fresh souls await us. The flow of blood shall quench your thirst and satiate your desires! With our brethren, OAFS, we ride to war!!

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:04 am
Stablehand

Tazzik rode as hard as he dared push his horse. Word of this war had just now reached his ears, and he feared the distance needed to travel to arrive to help his allies would be too great. “Two days… two days they have been at war, and I just hear about it now. Marcus, bring me my communications officer. I must have a word with him about the importance of receiving critical information such as this in a timely manner.”

“My lord?” replied Marcus. “I’m afraid he got trapped on the wrong side of the invading Barnabas hordes. If it wasn’t for that poor farmer simply tripping over the dead messenger bird, we might still be in the dark. I’m afraid the countries of Leto are far to sparse and separated to allow for more reliable communication efforts.”

Scowling, Tazzik gazed off into the distance. He knew it would not be long before he reached the fields of battle. He could see the miles of dust being kicked up by the invading armies, a sure sign that this was no mere scouting party. What will I find, he wondered. Against such a force, our allies have been trying to hold off for close to two days now. Could they possibly have survived against such odds? “Marcus!” he shouted. “How close are we to the river, and are the ships ready to carry our armies to the battles raging in the lands of the Family?”

“Yes sir! The river is just over the ridge up ahead, and all is prepared in anticipation of our arrival. We will not be delayed any longer.”

Excellent, Tazzik thought. If they can somehow hold off for a little bit longer, perhaps our fresh troops can help stem the flood of Barnabas.

As they crossed the river, however, Tazzik felt almost overwhelmed by despair. The red armies were far vaster than he had ever imagined possible. Gazing across the landscape, he could not see an end to the forces arrayed before them. Everywhere he looked were soldiers in the colors of Barnabas, many seemingly wielding fishing rods as weapons?? Sure that he must be hallucinating, Tazzik tried desperately to find a sign of his allies, praying that he was not too late. After a few moments he spotted them, in small pockets scattered throughout this red sea. Most appeared broken and battered, but fighting for their lives all the same.

“My lord?” asked Marcus, “you can’t possibly be considering jumping into that, can you?”

“My friend… when have you ever known me to back down from a fight, even one as lopsided as this? Those are our new allies down there, and we will die with them if that’s what it takes for Leto to notice our plight.” Grabbing a flask of rum from his saddlebags, Tazzik turned to toast his old friend. “To war, Marcus. May we live to see another.”

Marcus took a moment to say a silent prayer for his family, and took his share of the rum. Licking his lips, he smiled up at his leader. “Shall we?”

“Indeed. Board the ships men! It’s time for war!!”

As the cheers of the soldiers echoed over the water, Marcus took one last look at the sea of red they were racing into. “Sir?” he asked, “do we need a bigger boat?”

Laughing at the old joke from his favorite fireside tale, Tazzik could not help but smile. “Yes, my friend. This time I do think we need a bigger boat.”

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:56 pm
Traveler

Bran stood upon the ramparts and watched as the sun sank below the horizon. It had been many days since he had last heard from Aidan and it seemed that he alone was in charge of the Crusaders at the moment.

He looked with disdain at the letters that sat on his desk, the reports of attacks from the Barnabite horde. It seemed that once again he would be forced to fight ot hold onto his lands and to protect his way of life.

Perhaps it was mearly chance that the attacks were perpetrated by old allies, perhaps it was fate. Bran did not know. A wry smile crossed his lips as he thought of the battles to come. He liked killing, it was one of the few things he did well. The problem was that he knew that if he grew to love it then his soul would be lost forever.

Ah screw it, he thought, lets kill us some Barnabites!

Bran leaned down behnd his deak and pulled out the curved horn of Spectre and blew a long, solid note upon it. The sound reverberated across the countryside and Bran knew that the Crusaders would soon be marching across the soil of Barnabites.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:47 pm
Stablehand

Altrone stands atop a hill, overlooking his armies as they take positions, all are on edge, waiting for his command. Below a kingdom awaits the destruction that comes. Soon he raises his axe and lets it drop. In waves his nubash attack with all they have and soon the kingdom is his.
After the fights cease, he gathers his army and returns to the fortress where he will spend time with advisors deciding what to do with todays new lands. Then the next raid will be planned, and once again his nubash will destroy all that gets in their way.

Altrone OAFS,TDoD.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:40 am
Stablehand

They battles had been fierce throughout the day. Tazzik’s forces had fought with unquestioned bravery, but they were clearly wearing down. As dusk approached, he knew that there would be no chance of victory, but he still hoped for a minor miracle that might allow at least some of his followers to survive. The numbers attacking the forces of Leto were staggering. It was hard to imagine that many countries even existing in these lands, let alone having them all attack at the same time.

Of course, he also knew that this was all likely to be part of their ultimate plan. By assaulting their enemies with such an immense collective of kingdoms, Tazzik knew they could be very effective at scaring those of weaker faith into abandoning their own allies to come fight beside the Barnabas hordes. Looking at his updated maps, he knew the few remaining holdouts were quickly fading from existence. What will become of this world, he wondered, once the armies of the OAFS have finally collected every opposing kingdom under their banner?

Any further musings were interrupted by the sounds of horns signaling the start of another attack. Tazzik raced to the outer wall to help boost the morale of his men. Scanning the walls for his officers, he finally grabbed the nearest soldier. “I need to find Captain Greyson, have you seen him?” The soldier, caught by surprise at the sight of his leader, could only shake his head in response. ”Sandlan? Cummings? Riley??”

With each name listed, the soldier seemed to visibly shrink. ”All dead sir,” he said quietly. “Riley fell in the initial battle, the rest died pushing back the red bastards after they breached our walls.”

Tazzik was stunned. He knew they had paid a heavy toll already, but this was even worse than he had expected. As the news of his officers’ deaths sunk in, he finally took a closer look around at the soldiers surrounding him on the walls. The harsh reality of it all chilled his bones. These were no more than children, young men who abandoned their farms in an attempt to help defend their lands. Brave? Certainly. Yet none were experienced warriors. Realizing the cruel fate that finally met up with his seasoned veterans, Tazzik did his best to present a smile to the group of young soldiers who had gathered around him.

Drawing his sword, Tazzik shouted to the crowd, "”I fight right here today, with you my brothers. Now let’s go kill as many of those bastards as we can!”

The cheers of the young warriors were quickly drowned out by the thunder of the approaching stampede…

Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:06 am
Teh Spam!

Although they were quite fierce fighters, there was no organisation in the followers of Leto. The armies of the Family of Orphans assaulted the armies of the Order of Almighty Fishingrods after they had beaten the Crusaders of the Realms. Had the Leto-lovers teamed up, they'd have withstood the armies of the Isonian/Barnaban combination. But now the Fishermen and the Orb Combine overran the golden hordes.

Not much was left of their foes, when Nagash decided that the men of the other dominion had suffered enough. And on top of that, the Crusaders of the Realm turned out to be led by Bran, an old friend and (once) follower of Isonia. Therefor he sent the leaders of the Crusaders of the Realm and the Family of Orphans a short note.

Quote:
Dearest followers of the namesake of the Great God of Old; Honored foes,

I think we of the Barnabas/Isonia combination have showed you your weakness. Let us not keep struggling against one another longer than necessary. You need to organise yourselves, we need to have our mind free of guerilla wars. I therefor offer you peace. As soon as you both have sent me a note back that you accept it, hosilities will cease. I do not wish any terms or conditions to be agreed on. We shall just part ways and stop attacking one another.

Yours sincerely,

Nagash
Leader of the Order of Almighty Fishingrods

P.S. If you disagree, we shall hurl rotting fishheads at your people. Be warned!

He hoped that the leaders of the Letite guilds would be reasonable and accept the peace. Otherwise this war would turn into an endless repression-excersize. And those were quite boring...

Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:17 am
Stablehand

Marcus strode towards the lean-to serving as their command post in these once prosperous lands. Clearing his throat to get his master’s attention, he spoke with some excitement in his voice, “My Lord, a messenger has just arrived with a scribe from Lord Bran. He brings news of an offer from the ruler of our enemies! I believe they want peace!”

Rising from his chair, Tazzik could not help but wonder… What good was peace now to all those innocent victims who had recently been slaughtered? How would it honor the memories of those brave farmers to let them know we walked away with hardly a fight after they sacrificed everything trying to defend their lands. No, he thought, they deserve better. They fought against odds that would make the bards sing and the storytellers weep. We may have little strength left to fight with, but none shall question our hearts.

Tazzik tore open the scribe from Bran and quickly read through the contents, his eyes opening widely at one section in particular. “Hah! Would you believe that this heathen lord claims that all of this killing should be valued as a wonderful lesson on how we should better communicate with our Leto allies?” Shaking his head in disbelief, Tazzik dropped the note and burst into laughter.

Watching his master curiously, Marcus began to feel a bit concerned as to the mental competency of one he had followed for so long. “I hardly see how this is a laughing matter, my Lord. Has the stress of this war finally overwhelmed you?”

“Oh no, no my old friend. It’s just this OAF leader… his logic is pure genius. He is actually blaming our losses on our Family allies’ failure to do a better job of fighting back when they were assaulted by a force more than three times their own size. Might as well throw a pebble at a rushing herd of buffalo for all the hope they had of making a dent in these armies.

No, If we had been able to respond more quickly to their aid, I’m sure we could have done a bit more damage to those invaders while they were still busy fighting. However, we seem to have arrived just as the hordes finished resting from their initial assault, though we had spent a great deal of energy ourselves simply marching toward these fields of battle. If anything, we should take some blame ourselves for not watching more closely the happenings involving our firends, but none should question the abilities of our allies to withstand this type of attack. I seriously doubt any could have done much more under the circumstances. However, none of that changes my desire and will to see these invaders suffer, at my hands or those of another.”

Tazzik walked back to the large rock now serving as his desk and began to write out his own reply.

Quote:
My Lord Bran, I am writing in response to your message about the offer from lord Nagash. As a distant country newly joined to our cause, I would not wish my vote to direct our actions on its own. However, it is what it is, and I must say that at this time I would rather die honoring our fallen warriors than to turn away from a war just begun. However, I will gladly follow your lead and that of your council in any decision made, regardless of my own personal desires.

Your soldier,

Tazzik Dystrian

Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:59 pm
Teh Spam!

It was time to build a new empire. The lord of the Crusaders of the Realm had sent him a message that he indeed was longing for peace. Therefor Nagash summoned a scribe and dictated:

" Dearest Lord Bran. I hereby confirm that we are at peace with the Crusaders of the Realm. I take it that the Family of Orphans automatically agrees with the peace as well. Should this not be the case, we shall continue our war efforts, but not against you and yours. May the period of peace be long and may fortune smile at you. "

He then inquired of the scribe if he had all that. The scribe nodded and left the room.
The peace was a fact once again. Nagash doubted that the Family of Orphans would keep rebelling, therewith signing their own death warrant. And if they would, Nagash would see to it that they'd regret their choice for rebellion...

Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:34 am