It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 pm

COR-adly strikes in the night. Cor Attacks SA/FA 
Stablehand

Post COR-adly strikes in the night. Cor Attacks SA/FA
ONCE AGAIN!?

Yet again The Aaru are lumped together to make "Even Battles"?

Why could they not have the testicles to strike against one their own strength? Why must, YET AGAIN, the Aaru be attacked first in the night, all of the strength and hard fought land that was JUST beginning to be recovered from the last war be taken so soon?

What idiocy is this?

Where are the abilities of the leaders of these lands that they cannot begin to look for a foe that can actually battle?

Amuneti slammed the reports down, shattering the reeds that encased them and stalked from the room. She had work to do.

Walk in the darkness to find the light

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:19 pm
Stablehand

Scanning the horizon, I strode back to my tent and sent a missive to our Justicar....

Bran,

It appears the battles are just beginning, I do say I am sorry for the lack of our generals to amass thier armies accordingly. I fear that they miss judgement of the enemy may be upon us. So many times it is said that honor or *gasp* shall i say dishonor are all in the eyes of the beholder and I fear we will be dealing with some great negative elequence against our great efforts. The propoganda shall be strong and more then likely not very nice. I fear some will whine and complain about the unfairness of our hits and the unfairness of our endeavors to bring them over to the true God LETO! Let me tell you that you have the support of your fellows and you shall be backed by us all. I would suggest that you send the Angie's some information as to our attacks so that they may be brought into the light and the maddness that is our existance. Keep up the aggresion I will be in touch.

Aidan

Handing the missive to one of my runners the battle again was joined below in the valley. The clash of swords was resounding through the breeze.......

always CoR/TDoDCOF
suicide soldier :fire:
Welcome to Babylon come see me sometime.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:42 pm
Traveler

Bran stood high in his stirrups watching the amries of his brethren march. He cursed his luck as Lord Maintos repelled his armies forces again and again. He glanced over his shoulder to where the men were building siege engines and leather covered battering rams.

A runner appeared with a message from Aidan, he scanned it quickly and handed it back to the boy.

It appears that Aidan is unaware that the Final Ascension has already entered the fray. It looks to be a long war. Send Aidan this message - Prepare for anything. Bran said to the boy who quickly ran off to find a quill and paper before he forgot the message.

Bran turned back around and looked out over the field as once again his men tried valiantly to breach the walls. His men shed thier blood and sweat over the few toppled stones and Bran wondered if perhaps he had bitten off more then he could chew.

He thought back to that night many weeks ago when he had pondered a very different question....

:: Father Blu's, Bran's Study - 3 Weeks ago ::

Bran looked at the wall map in his study and pondered the question of the hour - What was he to do?

It seemed that no matter what happened that time was of the essence and that the Crusaders would have to be the first out of the gate if they were to enter into a war on thier own terms, not like the last battle.

OAFS and ORB had combined and attacked the entire Leto faith. It had been ridiculous. The Barnabite horde had swept thorugh the Leto Faith with little to no opposition. Eventually Bran had been forced to accept the offer of Nagash for the good of the guild, for the good of the faith.

Now it seemed that he must face anotehr challenge, to either build adn wait to be hit again or to take the first step and initiate the battle. He looked across the maps for a solution.

His eyes setteled on the desert. The lands of the Sekhet-Aaru. While the rumormongers had only recenlty announced that peace had been obtained between the Ministry of Stone and the Sekhet-Aaru, it appeared that the date of the singing had been the same day as the one between the Crusaders and OAFS. This was a good thing.

Bran jotted thier name down on his paper and skimmed the map for a second time. He knew that a strike on the Sekhet-Aaru would be frowned upon if it was to be them alone that the Crusaders attacked.

Bran's eyes fell on a small notation that his scribe must have recently added. it read - Eltharion's Kingdom. Around it were some dots that appeared to correspond to other individual castles. Bran looked at this for a moment and then called to his scribe.

After a few minutes the scribe appeared.

What can you tell me about these notations? Bran said.

THe scribe leaned down and studied the map for a moment before speaking, Sir, these lands notated here belong to a collection of strongly affiliated kingdoms that go under the collective banner of the Final Ascension.

Bran smiled a bit and then waved the scribe away as he thought. If he could hit these Final Ascension fellows at the same time as the Sekhet-Aaru - then that might just be the challenge that the Crusaders need.

Quickly he wrote down the information from the map and turned to his planning board. In a matter of minutes he had his first strike planned. It wasn't the best first strike by any means but it did have some teeth to it.

He crossed to the nearby cages of doves and attached instructions to thier legs. Soon they were off with the plans for the strike.

A new day was dawning and praise Leto it was colored chaos.

:: The Present ::

Bran shook his head free of the cobwebs of memory and turned his attention back to what mattered, the men fighting in front of him.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:54 pm
Stablehand

She paced her office as she read the reports that had come in. She tossed the scrolls down on her desk and shook her head once again. Rebuilding was going smoothly, inclusing reforting as best as able. Though it seamed that even reforting was not done in time for this attack. She smirked and just shook her head. Her brother swords on each side of a silken scarf, once belonging to Isis. Though what did that matter now. Perhaps she would never end this curse, but being awake into the night would allow her to prove that she could defend her lands.

Fetch my horse. I need to survay the damage done before we finish our reforting by night fall.

A servernt rushed into the room.
But the stone is slow to cut.

She groweled under her breath. Then I'll cut it myself you fool! Everything will be in order before they strike again.

The servent left to fetch her horse, a black stallion. Once all reforting was done she would have to see who was gathering to discuss tatics.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:02 am
Stablehand

::Rolls out of bed hitting the floor hard::

"Ouch"

::I slowly roll around a bit on the floor before I get up. I rub the sleep from my eyes and look out at the morning sun as it rises....::

"Shit"

::I feel asleep last night when I was suppose to be leading my army against some heathen::

"Shit shit shit"

::I run from my room still in my night cloths, I go to look for Bran and Aiden to apologize and prepare for war::

Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:32 pm
Traveler

Bran watched as Aidan led his troops past Bran's flank. It was a grand sweeping motion that promised to deliver quite a blow. Under his breath he chanted, Go Aidan, Go Aidan, Go Aidan

Soon Aidan's men where out of sight, all that was left was the dust cloud on the horizon. Bran wheeled his horse around to return ot his command tent when his mount was startled and reared up on its hind legs.

Bran leaned into the saddle a bit and gradually got control of the animal; then he looked around for what had spooked it. A young boy, bleeding from numerous cuts along his face and arms stood in the middle of the road breathing hard and holding out a blood stained letter toward Bran.

Bran quickly dismounted and ran to the boy, catching him just before he collapsed. He had to pry the letter from the boys hands as the child mumbled incoherent babble about Angeliqian armies and Barnabite hordes.

Bran saw that the letter bore the symbol of Lady Renna upon it and he quickly tore it open. Inside was dreadful news.

A third party had entered the fray.

ORB it seemed had not been a party to the previous peace accord that had been worked out with OAFS. How nice, that a guild would attack with a much larger guild and then not follow said peace accord when the larger guild sued for peace. How nice that ORB had chosen now of all times to once again show thier colors in the lands of the Crusaders.

That is unless the information was wrong....

Bran handed the boy off to one of the soldiers standing nearby and he hopped onto his horse once again and galloped back towards his command post. Quickly he wrote out a missive to the Guild Master of ORB and then we waited for thier response aws he planned his next attack against he forces of Sekhet Aaru and the Final Ascension.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:35 pm
Stablehand

Looking back, Dakarai realized he had only just recieved news of the intended assault in time. Only a few days ealier a soldier had come with urgent news. "M'lord, w-we have sighted scouts from the Cr-cr-usaders in our land." the soldier gasped clearly out of breath. "We have a-also recieved warnings from others of the Sekhet Aaru that they t-too have spotted them."

At first he did not believe it. There was still much to do to prepare for war. But I shall not be the one to let my father's land fall to such hordes. he thought to himself. No, the House of Osahar will never see such shame under my rule.

"Send word that no one shall sleep until the outter defenses are finished. Make sure everyone is inside the city gates and store as much food behind these walls as possible. Double, no, triple the guards. Have the archers stand watch and report to me any news." Turning, Dakarai picked up a piece of parchment and wrote quickly. "Have a rider dispatch this to the leader of the Aaru. We will be ready to fight, whether they bring the fight to us or we to them." He paused for a moment and then continued more slowly. "Tell the men that now it is not for me or the Aaru that they fight for, but for their homes, their families, and their lives. We cannot fail."

Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:16 pm
Stablehand

It had been a long night, Taelriath hadn't gotten this much exersise in over a fortnight. He had been busy running the rooftops and back alleys of the lands which claimed allegiance to the Crusaders of the Realms, and just moments before submitted his final report on the states of those kingdoms to Eltharion, who was presently called away by a messenger with important news. Taelriath took the oppourtunity to lay across one of the more comfortable pieces of furnature in the room.

Just as his eyes began to close, Taelriath heard the door open. Spreading his feet, Taelriath spotted Eltharion walking towards him.

I just recieved reports from Sekhet Aaru.

... and how are they doing?

It seems they are doing sufficiently well.

That's good to hear.

Oh, and one more thing...

What is it?

I need you to check on one of those kingdoms again.

Taelriath's muscles protested as he pulled himself away from the comfortable rest that found him.

Consider it done.

Taelriath walked toward the door, casting a remorseful glance at the couch he left behind.

See you come the morrow.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:42 pm
Teh Spam!

Nagash had kept track of the situation in the lands of the former heathens very closely. The Crusaders of the Realm had recovered swiftly after their war and attacked both the Sekhet-Aaru and the Final Ascension.

But the foes of the Crusaders were stronger than the followers of Leto had hoped, so those who followed Angelique got the upper hand in the battles. It seemed that Leto had a serious problem: those following him seemed incapable of winning wars. And this was strange. Bran and Aidan were cunning men. They had proved that as they served Isonia. Now that they served a mortal, would they have become more ignorant?
Nagash could not believe that.
No, it seemed that Barnabas and Angelique did a better job at inspiring their followers.

Nagash shook his head as he saw the Final Ascension and Sekhet-Aaru armies overrun the Letites, much as the Barnabans had before.

It was a pity that the Angeliquans were opponents of Nagash's. He had taken a liking to both the Sekhet-Aaru and the Final Ascension. He would hate to have to wage war against them...

Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:22 am
Stablehand

Eltharion sighed wearily. The war, though not difficult, was taxing for him. He felt there was little reward in defeating those who weren't able to defend themselves.

In spite of his best efforts, Eltharion could not determine the motivation behind the attacks. Even with first blood, he didn't believe that the Letites had any hope of successfully invading the larger kingdoms of their oponents.

With a few silent thoughts, Eltharion commanded his generals to cease their incursions. Though he couldn't speak for any other member of his guild, he personally would lead no more invasions into the lands of COR, it simply wasn't just.

Turning his thoughts to other tasks, Eltharion delicately prepared the floral arrangement that rested upon the gift-basket he was sending to Nagash, The OAFian leader had lost many brave theives in the lands of the Final Ascension lately, and Eltharion wanted to ensure that Nagash knew there were no hard feelings.

And what better way to send love, than with fruit?

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:24 am
Stablehand

Once her horse was at the entrance of the house she hopped on and survayed all damage taken to her lands. They were a little worse for wear, but still in tact enough for comfert sake. She had watched her troops march forward for a few attacks. Though unsuccesful at first, it came with time. She sent a messenger out to all members of SA to see about meeting to discuss how to work against this threat.

She watched her troops return, battlesore, but otherwise succesful for now. How long this victory would remain was yet to be seen.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:36 pm