It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 pm

What Once Was Lost.....(closed, rated R) 
Stablehand

Post What Once Was Lost.....(closed, rated R)
Kira had finally given up hope. Six months after the return home of the troops she and Judas had led into battle under the banner of the Warguard, she had to accept the fact that he would not return to her arms. She'd had their troops scour the area where he'd last been seen, to no avail. It was as if he'd vanished into thin air.

With each day that had passed without sign of Judas, a small part of her heart died. Six months later, she had left the place they had called home. She had taken nothing with her....not even a horse. No, she had walked out onto a balcony and spread her wings, launching herself into the sky.

She didn't circle the castle or even look back. Her heart felt like a piece of rock in her chest, and she had no desire to live any longer than she had to. Of course demons aren't exactly easy to kill, especially not ones as strong as she was.

Her plan was quite simple really. She would fly until she was too tired to fly any more. Then, walk until she was too weak to walk any more. She headed towards the great desert. Once she was too tired to walk, she would simply fell where she was and remain there without eating or drinking until the gods saw fit to end her existence. Judas had been her very life. Without him, there was no need for her to live any longer.

She had travelled until she had reached the outskirt of the desert. Then, the sky began to lighten and she sought a cave in which she could hide until sunset once again darkened the land. For days she travelled in the same manner, and finally she began to slowly weaken. Each day, she was able to travel a little less before falling into exhaustion. But still, she knew it would be a long time yet before she was anywhere close to weak enough to be able to consider the release of death....such was the "benefit" of being a demoness. All she could do was travel ever deeper into the desert with every night that fell.

It had been another night of travel no different from the many she'd already passed. When she could find no cave to hide in, she would bury herself in sand. This night she managed to find a cave. Upon nearing it, she caught a whiff of something familiar. The closer she came to the cave, the stronger the scent became. Her nostrils flared to drink deeply of the scent....so familiar, but so impossible. Her feet moved of their own accord, drawing her nearer to the scent with every step. She entered the cave, and the intensity of the scent almost knocked her over. As she caught sight of the figure lying at the back of the cave, a low, almost imperceptible keening began deep within her soul. The sound finally grew in intensity until it forced it's way out of her body and grew in pitch to a scream so full of agony that the desert creatures for miles, paused what they were doing, to lift their heads for a moment, before resuming their activities.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:02 pm
Stablehand

The scream starled him. Almost familiar in tone he decided it best to lay dog and await the next move of the orgin of the sound. She was definately one of his kind, though one of the opposite sex. Perhaps she thinks of him as familiar. Perhaps one of her clan or even her spawn. Either way he would lay dog and wait. Not breathing and lying perfectly still he awaited her next move. Though he could not remember even his own name he still had his instincts. The instinct to fight would always live within this one. He had been to the depths of the great abyss and seen what lies beyond. Surely she would think twice before attacking.

As he lay there brief flashes of memory tore through his mind. Memories of happiness and great strife as well. But thats all they were, brief flashes.

Laying there, his muscles tense and tendons burning under the strain he could hardly contain the demon within. Instict told him to lie still and await a move or better yet a slip up on her behalf. All it would take would be one mistep or one uncautious moment on her behalf and he would have her to do with what he wished. And after all this time wandering and trying to find out who he really was it was the hardest thing for him to do. But once he had her within reach he would take her and have his way and once that was done.. Well he would do what demons do. Kill her....

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:21 pm
Stablehand

She had dropped slowly to her knees as the cry forced itself from her lips. Tears began to slide down her cheeks without her even being aware of them. All she could focus on was the form in front of her. Every fiber of her being was focused upon that one thing. Demon instincts served her well enough to tell her that the figure in front of her was not only alive, but it's breathing had changed imperceptibly. It was awake......HE.....was awake. He was awake, had to know it was her, and was doing NOTHING!!

Rage began to bubble up within her soul. Leave her alone....no farewell...for six months....and now, he thought to TOY with her?! If he wished to play a game, she would play a game all right....one in which only one of them would survive! Knowing her lover well enough to know that he'd no more be able to resist the smell of fresh blood than she would, she drew a taloned nail slowly up one of her fore arms, as she slowly fanned her wings to encourage the scent to the back of the cave where he lay motionless. She then slowly backed out of the cave, looking about her as she did so. He would be drawn to the blood. It would make his hunger be as insatiable as his lust for her had once been. He would pay!

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:43 pm
Stablehand

First he heard the sobbing, then as her breathing changed he could smell it. The scent of blood. Not just any blood, but that of a demon. She was trying to lure him out of his ruse. Apparently she was familiar to this game it did nothing to even come close to fooling her. Knowing full well the potential of his rage and ability he worried not. Perhaps his inability to remember was a blessing, for he knew not the feel of defeat. It was time to call her bluff.

Eyes glowing and wings unfurling he rose to his feet. Showing a total lack of respect he kept his back turned as he rose. This one would rue the day she stumbled upon him. This he was sure of.

Corded tendons rippling he slowly turned. His black eyes, dark as his soul focused upon the form backing from the cave. She was cunning as she knew that a close quarters fight would leave her at more of a disadvantage than she allready had. He knew her tactics somehow as if they had met before but that was a thought for a later time. Now was time for action.

So demoness, you wish to lure me from my lair? Perhaps your wish is to die today. Well lets see what we can do to accomodate you.

Leaping from the cave and toward her his talons tore through the night like the sharpest of blades. Homing in on her as if it were childs play.Tonight he though, she would meet her maker.

Allthough quite skilled in the art of death he somehow missed her ever so slightly, but enough to turn the advantage to her side of this meeting. As he flew past her he winced instinctivly. He knew pain was coming.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:01 am
Stablehand

Kira watched warily as he rose to his feet, insult apparent in every move he made. And still he acted as if he had no recollection of her. She wasn't sure which galled her more, his acting as if he didn't remember her or the fact that she could have been so insignificant that he truly did not remember her. Using every ounce of will, she fought down the demonic rage which threatened to overwhelm her. Rage would gain her nothing. To defeat this one, she had only one chance. She had to remain icy in her composure and endeavor to drive him into a rage. If he raged, he would make a mistake. One mistake was all she needed to overcome him.

As he turned to face her he spoke. A worthy trick.....distracting her with words....and it almost worked. If she hadn't realized it at the last minute, she would have never seen the minute narrowing of his eyes just before he threw himself towards her. She turned at the last minute and knowing it had been enough, she continued to turn so that her motion continued to carry her back around towards him as he rushed past her. As she faced the back of him. she leapt and both feet connected solidly with his back. The result was that his forward impetus, combined with the extra push she gave to him threw him off balance and he staggered, trying to regain his legs. As he did so, she sneered at him.

Is that the best you have Judas?!

Judas indeed! Did you know that in the old tongue, Judas means betrayer? A fitting name for a worm such as yourself, don't you think?

Demon.....you fight like an old woman! Come demon.....vanquish me! Rend my heart from my chest as you did six months ago when you disappeared! After all, I'm only a weak female....can't you even defeat a mere female?!

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:32 pm
Stablehand

Judas? Woman speak not in riddles. You raise my ire with such foolish words. Betrayer you say? I know not of such a thing. Perhaps you think of someone else. Surely that must be it. Or perhaps your just plain mad, lost your mind you know. Either way you have picked the wrong one for a fight.

Its been a while since I can remember things of my past but surely i havent forgotten how to kill. I was reborn in the fires of death. It is my lover, my soulmate. We walk through this world providing for each other like two lovers. I provide for her and she for me.But enough talk, lets get this over with so i can feast and lay my head back down. All this nonsense I have grown tired of.

Within seconds of the utterance of his last word he was upon her. Squaring off, veins bulged, his eyes grew sharp and focused. His adrenaline pumping he was ready. There were no butterflies, no fear of injury. He was a born fighter and learned killer. This would be the day she may heave never thought she would see. It was too late to change now, it was upon her...

Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:08 pm
Stablehand

Kira ignored what he said. Surely it was only said to anger her even more. It was unthinkable that he could not remember her. She turned her back to him.....taking great personal risk. All she needed him to do was to drop his guard for one second.....take one single step towards her. Her ears straining, she listened for him to make his move.

Damn! He'd moved, but as she heard his wings, felt the tell-tale swish of air, she knew that he'd used his wings to leap into the sky to land in front of her. Well, she'd had a 50/50 chance, only tonight didn't seem to be her night. Only she had the power to change that, and change it she intended to. The moment his feet touched down, she threw herself into a roundhouse kick designed to knock some sense into his thick skull.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:23 pm
Stablehand

With a loud crack her kick connected and caused his head to shift skightly to the left. Wiping the trickle of blood from his lip he admired her. She stood to him even though she surely knew he would tear her apart. But perhaps she knew something he didnt. Something that would cloud her judgement to such a point.

Are you crazy? Do you know the hurt I could cause you should I grow more tired of your little game? Speak up woman, you life may depend on it. tell me of this Judas you speak of..

Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:40 pm
Stablehand

She felt more than a twinge of satisfaction as her foot connected with the side of his head. The trickle of blood caused her to lick her lips in the most carnal of ways. And then he spoke again. She started to tune him out, but then something inside of her decided that she would not only listen, but reply to him. Her voice was full of pain as she spat her words at him.

It is nothing to the pain you have already caused me! You speak of killing me as if I should care, but I say that I am already dead! I died the day I realized you were never coming back to me! There is nothing more you can do to hurt me Betrayer! I came to the desert so that my body would finally cease to exist. I am sure that you know it is not easy for our kind to die. I came here to die in every sense of the word....tell me, why are you here?!

Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:47 pm