It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Dryads (open) 
Stablehand

Thenician was thrown into a cell and locked in. The guards walked away without saying anything and he was left alone there. He peered out of the small cell window and saw the sky was beginning to get lighter. It would be dawn soon, might as well get some sleep. He found a smelly old cot in the cell and fell on it.

"(mumble mumble)... friggin horse... (mumble)... dumb... (mumble)... blacksmith... piece of..." After a few incoherent slurrs, Thenician was asleep.

--------

Some noise near the cell woke him up. He first looked to the window to get an idea of what time it was. And from the angle of the shadows outside, it must be a couple of hours until noon. Thenician's eyes next beheld the cot he slept on. Now with some light coming into the room, he felt more than a bit disgusting just loking at it. It had stains of every color you dont want to be lying on. Red, yellow, brown, and white.

I need a fucking bath, now... He thought, and would make sure to get one as soon as possible.

The voice he'd heard coming down the hall had gotten a little closer and he could make out the words now.

"...for your sake you have a strong mind."

The voice sounded familiar and Thenician figured that they were talking about him. Apparently he was supposed to be some kind of demon hunter. Wouldnt be the last job on his list. In fact, given the choice, he'd probably put it above piracy. It wasnt until they all arrived in front of his cell that Thenician realized who it was that came for him.

"I brought your sword, after the magic had worn off." Artemis said with a wink. "All you have to do is transform it back to it's more powerful form."

Thenician wasnt exactly sure what would happen once he did as instructed. But he decided he might as well let Artemis go about his plan. Assuming he had one.

Artemis threw one of his daggers into the cell where it bounced once before Thenician kicked it up into the air and caught it. He quickly slid it into his sleeve while already materializing his sword. After another second, it was done.

(OOC: If I'm supposed to DO something here, please PM me and I'll post when I get back from work.)

"How 'bout I alter your face?"
-Thenician Dusk

Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:47 pm
Stablehand

Moyra stood in the kitchen of the small cabin and looked around, making sure nothing important was being left hind. There was sparse furtniture to begin with. She'd already locked all the shutters and was ready to lock the door when she left.

Juniper had spent the morning with her last packing. She had a small blue wooden chest with blue velvet on the inside. Here she put her five fairy tale collections, her two ragdolls, and, carefully placed on top, delicately carved wooden rose, correct in proportion and even with a little carved bee on the inside, which Moyra had given her for her 500th coming-of-age birthday. Currently she sat in the wagon, reading by a small window on the side that slid upwards. These windows were in sets of three on each side of the wagon. She sat leaning against the 1X1 foot window, next to her bushes so she could smell her lillies.

Moyra locked the front door tightly, and went outside. While Juniper had been packing, Moyra had set the horses to the wagon, and stored two bales of hay on the undercarriage below the driver's seat.

"Are you ready to go pick up the other Dryads?" she asked, climbing into the seat.

"Mm-hmm..." Juniper was reading Cinderella, for the thousandth time.

Moyra shook the riens and the horses went moving down the road. The morning was clear, sunny. Good for travel. The wagon fell in sync with the cart tracks carved by merchants. In about twenty minutes, they had reached the outskirts of the village. Moyra carefully navigated the horses down the square to the fountain, where she said she'd be. Juniper crawled up into the front seat with her.

"What now?" she asked.

"Now, we wait for them. They'll come, well, when they get Thenician. They have two human men with them. One was arrested last night as a horse thief, but apparently he's needed cause they've gone back for him." Moyra replied.

"Hmm..."

Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:26 pm
Stablehand

((ooc: You got the idea. That was exactly what I had in mind.))

Artemis feigned clearing his throat as Thenician's sword materialized. The action was simply a mask for the command word he whispered, returning the dagger to his other hand, which was well obscured from the guards.

"Hey!" The Warden hollered, finally catching on to the jail break scheme, "You can't just hand weapons to the prisoners!" And he drew his sword; a poor decision in such close quarters.

This is going to be easier than expected, Artemis thought to himself as he grabbed the Warden's sword-wielding wrist, following with a palm-heel strike to the chin, then hooking the back of his neck to bring him down for a knee to the solar plexus. Artemis then disarmed his attacker as he fell to the floor, gasping for breath, also making sure that the Warden's keys were close enough for Thenician to grab. Finally, he switched the weapons in each of his hands, favoring the longer to his right.

"Now for the fun part," Artemis said, looking both ways down the hall to take note of the guards, "Three on the left, four on the right. We'd best hurry if we don't want the odds to fall out of our favor."

Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:30 pm
Stablehand

Allison and Nat grinned at each other. Natmoya placed her hands in front of her and formed a large green ball between them. Allison grabbed her sword and lept at the head of the closest guard on the left. Natmoya threw her energy ball at the three men on the right, sending them jumping away in all directions to avoid being hit.

"It's a witch, get her!"

Nat rolled her eyes at the guard. "You moron..."

Allison was standing over the twitching, squirting body of the guard she lept at, the other two backing away. She grinned ferociously, her sword glew bright green. Her wild eyes, seemingly burning with green inner fire, met with the blonde haired guard's frightened blues, and he promptly wet his pants. "D...demon!!" Allison laughed deeply.

Don't let her look you in the eye boy[/url]

Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:44 pm
Stablehand

Thenician reached down to grab the keys and quickly let himself out while Artemis rearranged his weapons.

"Now for the fun part." Artemis said, looking both ways down the hall to take note of the guards, "Three on the left, four on the right. We'd best hurry if we don't want the odds to fall out of our favor."

"Yea... I suppose it is about time I get serious." said Thenician gripping his sword tightly.

Just then, the guard that was standing nearest his cell finally noticed Thenician had gotten out. Apparently he'd been too distracted by all the sudden violence. Knowing better than to try and reason with these lunatics that just walk into a city jail and randomly start killing people, he gripped his sword tightly and attacked Thenician, who was looking the other way at the moment.

Oh please... Thenic rolled his eyes as he quickly flipped his sword around and thrust behind him between his arm and torso, impaling the attacker.

There was one other guard who hadnt been neutralized, in one way or another. Thenician spotted him and snapped his fingers in his left hand, holding up a small magic spark in his index finger while removing his sword from the gut of the guard behind him. He flung his hand in the general direction of the guard and the spark flew in a lazy arc toward him.

Upon impact, the spark caught fire on the guard's armor and quickly spread. Panicking, the guard tried rolling around on the floor, only to set the wood floorboard on fire. Which was now spreading very quickly too.

Thenician started to run. First past the flaming guard and then past Artemis, stopping only to say, "We should leave now. Cuz I'm no doctor, but I can tell you that what he has is extremely contageous."

"I'm assuming we have a ride ready outside." he said turning to Natmoya. "We'd better get out of here, this town is gonna be cinder on glass in a few hours... ...unless you care to put out our friend here."

-Thenician Dusk

Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:45 am
Stablehand

Allison turned as she ran. "C"MON! FOLLOW ME!" she went running down the road. The others followed. In moments they were at the square. Juniper popped out the back, holding the door open for them to climb in.

Natmoya went around to where Moyra say waiting. "Let's go, time to get. We got everyone in back." Moyra snapped the riens and the horses bolted, jostling everyone in back. Juniper stuck her head from the front window.

"Hi Miss Natmoya! Remember me??" she piped.

Natmoya grinned. "Ofcourse, Juniper. You were in my writing class, many years ago."

"MANY years ago!!" she repeated, sitting back down in the cart.

Then she explosions began. Juniper sat up, eyes wide, and stepped on nearly every foot and hand scrambling to the back.

"No..... NO!" she screamed. The town was red and smoking in the fresh morning sun.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" she turned, screaming at Artemis and Thenician. "WHAT!!??" the little girl tried to climb out the door put Somara grabbed her foot and yanked her backwards. "YOU KILLED THEM!! WHY?? WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO YOU!!?" she cried, kicking wildly. Moyra squeezed her eyes tight and sped the horses on.

I never wanna die...[/url]

Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:20 am
Stablehand

In the back of the gypsy wagon the shadows took on a shape, unseen amidst the chaos of the group. They were shouting and screaming at each other as the wagon bounced onwards and out of the town. The flames in the village were beginning to spread and the fires would soon consume the nearby forest.

A dark shape emerged upright from the furthest part of the wagon and took a couple of small steps towards the group. He was dressed all in black. Or at least if you casually glanced at it you would assume it was clothing, and you'd be hard pressed to find a darker colour than black. But staring too long would soon make the eyes water as it tried to take in what the mind clearly didn't believe was possible. It was like watching a living optical illussion. There were folds and creases in his clothes that couldn't be explained with only four dimensions.

His face, like his clothes was equally disturbing. There was a definite sense of features, but nothing solid on which to base a description. It would be like trying to describe a fat man who's very thin. The only thing you wouldn't forget is the eyes, which were a pale milky colour.

"Foolish." His head turned like the flicker of a candle flame to face towards Natmoya. "I warned you that he was courting danger." His voice was wasn't coming from the lips he spoke with. If you paid close attention you'd realise that they weren't even moving in time with the words. The sound of his voice was emerging out of thin air, and had echos that you'd only find on the edge of dreams. Or possibly nightmares.

He turned now towards Thenician. Another flicker.

"Your talents bring with them danger and death. While they may also save your life, they do nothing for the lives of others. If i had not need of you i'd show you the error of your irresponsibility. The beast you seek still roams and yet you torch innocent villages. Foolish." As if to emphasise his point the crackle of the forest burning grew louder in the background.

This time he turned to the smaller form of Juniper. "I'll save as many as i can, but some are already beyond my aid."

"I'll find you again. But i give you this warning: now that you travel together the beast will find it easier to pick up your scent. Be ever-more cautious."
The back of the wagon went dark as it sped under a large overhanging tree which blocked the sun. When they had passed under it, the figure was gone once more.

In the village the fires burned.

But as people huddled under tables and in corners of their homes they were pulled away by grasping hands. And they fell backwards into darkness, where their minds went blank.

When next they woke they found themselves in the shelter of trees far enough from the village to not get caught by the fire. Bewildered villagers asked each about what happened but only vague memories of flame and then peaceful darkness were all that anyone could remember.

Not all had made it. There were tears from their friends and families as they gathered together as a group and watched the flames begin to die down in the village long throughout the afternoon. When it had ended they would return, and begin the slow process of rebuilding their homes.

Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:25 am
Stablehand

Natmoya stared, drop jawed, at the hooded man through his warnings. Then he seemed to just vanish. She sat for a moment, her hands trembling.

"Stop... stop the wagon!" she called to Moyra. Moyra turned her head, trying to hear.

"STOP THE WAGON!" Moyra tugged back on the reins and the horses slowed.

"I have to fix this somehow... this isn't what I wanted, it'll burn the forest..." she said, getting out and perusing her "Magicks for Dangerous Eras" book. "C'mon... c'mon there should be SOMETHING I can use... I need rain...." She pondered summoning Undine, but wondered if that wouldn't work unless she were in water.

Somara released Juniper and climbed out. The small girl sat in the corner, staring coldly at Thenician. Somara went to Natmoya, to talk out of the other's hearing range.

"Nat, who is this guy you picked up anyway?"

"He helped Artemis save us from... Sommie, you're not gonna like this." she said.

"Not gonna like what? You slept with him or something?"

"No!! No no. It's about Oakmoss, she was killed sometime during the hibernation, and her demonization is very advanced. She lives on sucking up plant energy, she's what knocked Allison unconcious."

Somara just stared at Nat. "Don't even try to joke with me..."

"I'm not joking... Ok, we've gotta deal with one thing at a time. How do you think we can summon a storm over that town."

"Um... I don't know... Nat what was that figure that appeared in there?"

"He... seems to be watching after me for some reason. I really am not sure who or what he is. He showed up and warned me, at the square yesterday. I couldn't see him though. I wasn't sure what he meant until now. We need a way to control Thenician, keep him from just throwing around such dangerous magick."

Somara frowned. "You realize how easily he could kill us?"

"Yes, I do. But I don't think that's his direct intent. He wouldn't have saved us if he meant to destroy us, you know? It doesn't make sense." Nat thumbed a few more pages in the book. "Hmm... I can summon a small tropical storm... it'd put out the flames, and save the surrounding forest."

"The forest is the most important thing." she said. "Ok... lemme see that spell..." she began reading over Nat's shoulder.

"Can't do this one alone, it's a duet spell. Wanna help?" she asked.

"Sure, why not. We need to hurry though." she said. The two girls held the book between them, with their free hands un in the air, facing the town. They began to chant together, first looking down at the book for the words, then eventually without reading from it. Somara chanted for rain, Natmoya chanted for wind.

Grey cloudy material wafted from Somara's hand, filling the sky with green-grey storm. Wind blew from Natmoya's hand, pushing the clouds toward the village. Lightning crashed on the road, the wind swirled around them in its vigorous rush.

"Ok, cut. Stop now, or it'll be too much..." Natmoya and Somara lowered the hands and watched their creation blowing toward the town.

"I hope we didn't make it too strong..." said Somara.

Nat grinned. "I like this book... I'll have to study this one thoroughly." The two girls walked back to the wagon and had a seat inside by the door. Juniper moved to between the two of them.

I never wanna die...[/url]

Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:18 pm
Stablehand

Thenician was a bit startled by the appearance of this stranger, but not completely unexpecting him either. He'd seen him before, somewhere, just at a glance. Thought little of it at the time, but now remembered a very similar feeling he got just before that time too.

Where've I seen that guy before? Was it Tiavain? Or as far back as the Isle of the Winds? No, I think it was back in that dusty town. With the odd librarian and that prophet. Yea, that was it, just before I left.

Thenician watched as the stranger vanished and the girls went about finding some way to protact the forest. They came up with a tropical storm, and he had to admit it was a fairly good idea. Though he might've done something else.

"You didnt have to do that..." called a voice from withing Thenician's mind.

"I know. I didnt intend to, but I didnt think that far ahead." He replied a whisper. "I had forgotten the forest was so near the town."

"The least you could do is help them fix your mess."

Thenician sighed inwardly, then advanced from his leaning spot on the wagon to where Natmoya and Somara were finishing their spell.

"That'll help put out the town, but if it catches on the forest it's not going to make a difference." He commented. "I have an idea that should help avoid that though." He continued. "I might know a few spells useful to my carreer, but I'm no mage. The two of you however might be able to somehow manipulate some of the water from that storm and form a thick sheet of ice between the town and the forest to prevent it from spreading. It would also help if you commanded the wind from your storm to blow the flame in the opposite directin of the forest."

Thenician returned to his thoughts after offering his advice. He couldnt understand how a group of weirdos would walk into a jail, kill a whole bunch of guards to get him out from a petty crime charge. And then start panicking when the town went up in flames. After some thought, he concluded that they were all just fucking crazy. Which in turn led him to want to stick around even more. After all, the most interesting things happen around crazy people.

-Thenician Dusk

Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:33 am
Stablehand

The new one is locatedhere!

Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:20 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3