It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Rebirth of an Ideal 
Stablehand

Post Rebirth of an Ideal
The small band crested the hill, and stopped short, gazing upon the ruined keep which stood little less then a mile ahead of them. Once a building of splendor and beauty, the keep they gazed at had long since fallen to shambles. It had been, reluctantly, abandoned, and the magical seal placed upon it kept others from occupying it, it did nothing to protect the keep itself.

With a small sigh, the leader of the band started forward again, unwilling to let his keep sit unoccupyed any longer. Behind him marched a single warrior, and a handful of smaller creatures, servants and messangers. The leader of the band stood tall, his armor gleaming dully in the morning light, brown hair cut close to his head, and the hilt of a sword showing over this shoulder, the sheath placed carefully across his back so as not to interfer with the great black wings that sprouted from his back. The warrior behind him, winged as well, took several quick steps to catch up to the leader of the troop.

"My Lord, we're nearly there. What orders do you have for us when we arrive?"

"Have the messangers send out word to any of our former allies who still reside in these lands that I have returned, and they are welcome to visit. I know of at least a handful who still haunt the lands."

"That I will do, Lord Archangel."

The warrior started to fall back a step, when the Archangel spoke again.

"Oh, and Caelum..."

Caelum, the warrior, stepped forward again, the keep coming every closer as the small band marched.

"Make it your own personal task to visit the outlaying villages, and begin recruiting any able-bodied people who are willing to fight. If we're going to be staying in these lands long, we'll need protection against those following the heathen Gods."

A grin grew across Caelum's face.

"So we shall be staying a time, I gather? Not simply a short visit?"

"No visiting for us. Though we stand independant, stand we shall, and pick up again the fight for Darden. Too long have we been away from these lands, and the call is too strong to ignore. We shall stand, and we shall fight, as we were born to do."

Caelum, General of the Sky Knights, grinned fiercly, and as the troops approached the keeps great doors, and the magical seal fell away before the presence of the Master of the keep, the warrior rushed quickly to the armory, to take stock of the weapons before he began his recruitment...

The Storm had come again, and it was sure to be a fierce one...

Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:47 pm
Stablehand

-He had moved on. Finding happiness only in wandering. He'd been away form the lands as well. Long having given up the banner of RKOR. They had beena lively bunch, but a bunch he still felt not part of. An outsider among those who happily dealt with each other on a daily basis. This was not him.

Silently, he passed through time. Keeping his head above water, and enjoying what he could. But nothing was the same in these lands. Times had changed, people had changed. Yet, he felt he stayed the same. He'd lost track of most of the people he once knew. Lost track of everything. Falling almost into pure hermitude, but to this he did not mind.

He had messengers about, those bearing the banner of the Deofol, keeping his eyes and ears opened. He knew most of what was going on, though he cared not for it. And from one of his runners, he heard a strange rumor. One that could neither be confirmed or not. One that dug deep into his soul. He had begun his venture towards the sealed keep over a week ago.

The keep that was left cold and air-tight since the exodus.

He moved slowly, knowing that this rumor was something he took very lightly. He knew it could not be true, and yet, he needed to see it with his own eyes. He'd neither seen, nor heard from Lord Archangel for sometime now, and for him to suddenly arise once again, seemed almost extravagant. Probably some drunken vision.

He rode throughout the day, enjoying the nice weather, and clean air. Until finally he spotted it, far off on the horizon. He picked up the pace, moving a bit faster. He couldn't see so much, as he just happened to be riding into the sun, but he could feel where he was. Having felt this only a few times before.

Finally, he slowed, bringing his horse to a halt as he stared out at the keep, it had fallen into ruin, though it still had a solid roof, it seemed. He also noticed a band of other beings outside. Some he had never seen before, while others looking strangely familiar. He approached slowly, almsot cautiously, not really knowing what he would stumble into.

He wore simple clothes. Thick, black leather chaps to shield his pants from branches and briars. A brown cloak tossed messily to his back. A simple white shirt, and a smirk upon his lips. A sword hung about the sattle, in quick reach of a hand, a lingering hand sliding back to rest upon the hilt. Upon his approach, he spoke loudly, not having seen anybody enter just yet.-

"HALT! Who dares try to break into a castle having long since been forgotten?"

Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:16 pm
Stablehand

The Archangel shook his head slowly, stepping out from behind one of the trees dotting the lands around the castle. He had taken advantage of the setting sun to slip around behind the mounted rider, to see who it was before making his... 'introductions'.

Laughing softly upon seeing who the rider was, and listening to the overly loud proclamation, the Archangel walked quietly up beside the rider, and began to speak casually.

"I do not believe that it is breaking in, if the castle in question is owned by yourself, no?"

"Tis good to see you again, old friend. I knew you'd show up here eventually. Sooner then I imagined you would, but I suppose that had something to do with the casks of ale I opened up earlier?"

Laughing again, a bit louder this time, the Archangel extended his hand up to Attero.

Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:37 pm
Stablehand

-he heard the voice, half scaring him off his horse. His body twisting and arching sideways as he almost slid out of his saddle. He hadn't seen the winged being creeping up behind him, but such was the way he was. So intent on what was before his eyes, that he rarely looked around to see the whole picture. He pulled himself back up into the saddle, with a heavy laugh he glanced over to the man-

"Whether it was ale I smelled, or a strange rumor I heard, either way...I had to come and see for myself. I was hoping the ale was out already...but I guess not..."

-reaching down, he gripped the hand firmly giving a good shake, not yet descending from his horse, quite happy he was a smidgen taller than Archangel for once.-

"So I take it you have just arrived back? Hopefully the trip was uneventful...Any word from any of the others? I haven't seen them in such awhile...though I've been keeping my ears opening to the events going on around the isle..."

Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:30 am
Stablehand

"Keeping your ears open may not be enough. You'd be better served to put your ear to the ground,"

A patch of rubble shook as the words were spoken, falling to the side as the stone underneath rose up, cascading into a large humanoid form.

..."to catch those who go unseen."

The body of the stone elemental Detritus emerged from the earth, bits of loose stone compressing into a solid form. His lantern-like white eyes turned to both, a wide smile fighting to twist the stony mouth upwards.

"It is good to see you both again. Unfortunately, not much has changed since we left these lands. Indeed, the way in which many people conduct themselves seem to have continued on their downward spiral. But this is not the time to talk of such things - welcome back, Attero and... boss."

Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:02 pm
Stablehand

-he felt the low rumble, more so than hearing it. Like a deep, earthy vibration. Like a pending earthquake. He released the archangel's hand, glancing around slowly, before settling his eyes upon the forming stones. A small smile crept to his pale lips as he knew who stood before them both.

Det.

He laughed, tipping his head in greeting, knowing the elemental had not been as far away as he seemed, and yet he spoke the truth. Heathens were still heathens, and yet, honor seemed to be lost in the complaining.

"Greetings to you Det...Nice to see you again. Has been quite some time...What a coincidence that we three could be standing here once again..."

-he cast a unsure glance toward Archangel...still not having fully known why he had returned to the lands. Though, as was always, the shadow of mystery kept him at bay.

Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:07 pm
Stablehand

Archangel watched as Detritus rose from the ground, forming himself, and speaking of how things sit in the lands.

"Welcome, Lord of the Earth. It's been some time since we last saw each other. With this meeting though, boss is unfitting, as I lead no one. I return to the isle simply because the pull of the land is unavoidable for some of us, who have called it home for so long."

From atop the wall of the keep, a trumpet sounds.

"Hmm, it seems that already my servants have managed to put together a meal. Could I interest the two of you in joining me, and sharing a drink together, for old times sake? I'm quite interested to hear how bad things in these lands truly are.... And who knows, perhaps the three of us can make a stab at turning things around. Stranger things have certainly happened..."

Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:16 pm
Stablehand

Word of the SkyLord's return pleased Judäs greatly. Sending word to his stables, he had two of his finest horses prepared. One for himself and one a gift to his former leader. Long ago, in ages past, Judäs flew the banner of the WarGuard proudly. He had risen through the ranks and learned all he knows of this world from those there. A tight knit guild they were, and also one of the best. It pleased Judäs greatly to see his long lost friend return. He surely must go and welcome him back.

Riding briskly through the night air the only thought on Judäs' mind was if Archangel would remember him. Be it only for the fact that Judäs' appearance had changed so much since he had last seen his friend. He now had wings and was given to the darker side of the world. The Demonic side. But his ability to shapeshift comforted him as well. Perhaps he would wait to reveal his true form to Archangel until introductions were made.

Arriving at the back entrance to the long thought demolished keep of his friend he could see lights inside flickering. This was good, perhaps he had arrived in time for dinner. Before knocking upon the back door he stood outside for a moment to tie the horses and make sure he looked presentable. Satisfied with his appearance he knocked and awaited an answer....

Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:04 pm
Stablehand

-Attero laughed heartily as the thought of a nice meal and some ale to lighten his senses. Glancing the Elemental, and then to the Archangel, waiting for them to lead the way in. It had been some time since the three had been in the same room together, but then slowly the thought occured. who else might be showing up? If his own messengers had caught wind of the SkyLord's arrival, who else might know? the thought somewhat scared him. Enemies past arrising to greet him, old friends...

he couldn't quite say. But memories of friends long parted came to mind, which brought a smile to his face. He had forgotten his way through the well aged halls. The drink was full and food hot as can be. Having long forgotten how wonderful fresh meat tasted, he enjoyed it all the more.-

"So....How has every one been?"

-To this he laughed, mostly to himself, not knowing who had just arrived.-

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:38 pm
Stablehand

He watched the approaching figure carefully, though he knew the face and flesh the figure wore. Judäs, once member of the Warguard of Rage, in a time when that banner still flew, was the one who's appearance approached the gate. However, there was something about the figure which made the General of the Sky Knights believe that possible this flesh was other then it appeared.

As the figure-who-looked-like-Judäs knocked upon the great doors of the keep, Caelum signaled down to the guards not to open them. Instead, he stepped from the edge of the walls, spreading his wings, and floating down quietly behind the figure. In one hand he held a viscious short spear, and in the other a gleaming longsword.

"Halt, you who wears the flesh of a former ally. Though your looks may be decieving, there is something.. unholy.. about you, and I shall not let you pass till I am satisfied you are no threat... Whether that means you pass alive, or dead, is your own decision. Speak quickly!"

Sky Knight of WoR

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:50 pm
Stablehand

Tounge flickering out, hissing at the threat, turning slowly, his wings unfurled. Looking at Caelum through soulless eyes Judäs replied, It is I Judäs. I can assure you of that. Former longstanding Guardsman of the WarGuard of Rage, son of Lord Disturbd who had also been a Guardsman, both of us serving under Archangel faithfully for ages. Need you require more proof, just ask of it. Shall I tell you the name of the piano man in the WarGuards esteemed hangout, the "Guilded Cage"? "Sully" I beleive it was. Now I wish to speak with Archangel as it seems ages since we have spoken. So if you would please announce my arrival or perhaps allow me inside, I would greatly appreciate it.

Looking at Caelum, Judäs awaited his reply. Surely the proof he had given would suffice. Long and hard battles these men had fought together. Wars which some of were lost. But none the less, Judäs just hoped their final one wouldnt be against one another.

Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:42 pm
Stablehand

Whargoul was sitting outside his keep pondering the meaning of his fingernails when a messenger arrived. The messenger looked oddly familer but Whargoul paid it no mind. He grabbed the message and cracked it open. He couldn't beleive what he was reading. He jumped up, ran to his horse and took off. It seemed as if his formere leader and primary teacher had returned to these lands. He came to a field and could see a castle in the distance. He looked at himself and woundered if Archangel would remember him. Not caring he rode up to the gate.

When he got there he noticed Judas was also there and, being questioned. Whargoul dismounted and spoke to the guard.

Would you be so kind as to tell Archangel the Rev. Ragnarok is here. I would be very greatful.

Whargoul stood around looking like an idiot awaiting an answer

Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:26 am
Stablehand

From across the great hall, currently occupied only by the Archangel, Attero, Detritus, and a handful of servents running food and drink back and forth, a guard steps in makes several hand signals. The Sky Lord stands quickly, walking towards the door.

"Sorry, my friends. It seems there's a situation at the gate. Enjoy the food and drink, and I shall return in but a moment."

He ran through the halls quickly, hoping that he could get there before any blood-shed occured. The guard had informed him that Caelum had detained several people at the gate... And if the leader of the Sky Knights felt the need to halt someone, chances are he had good reason.

Drawing Soul Reaper from it's sheath at his side, he slipped through the gate, ready to fight if need be. Instead of fighting, though, he saw three figures simply standing there. One was Caelum, sword drawn, held at ready in front of the second figure.. That second figure appearing to be Judäs, though a bit changes. Some sense of... "other"... rolled off him, and Archangel could see why Caelum would question him. And the third figure, another unforgettable, Ragnarok himself. Though again, some sense of "otherness" eminated from him.

"Tis fine, Caelum. Lower your sword, and resume your duties."

"But Sire!"

"No buts. Return to your post. These two will be fine with me. I don't believe they are here to cause harm."

As Caelum nodded and returned back into the keep, the Archangel sheathed his own sword, looking at the two figures in front of him.

"Well, I must say, there are two I had not expected to see around here. Either way, welcome back to my Keep. Since you made this trip, might I assume you would enter with me and have a drink, and some food? For though you both certainly seem changed" looking pointedly at Judäs' wings "I would think that still you need substanance. Let us enter and bear greetings to the Lords Attero and Detritus, who have arrived already."

Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:34 pm
Stablehand

-Attero sat, taking what food and drink he could, and enjoying every bit of it. It had been a long time since he'd had such a glorius meal. So much food, all being brought and placed upon the table before him. Meats, drinks, vegetables, of all shapes, sizes, and flavors. Quite incomprehensible.

He began eating slowly, as the hunger, one that he had thought he had lost long ago, returned. He bagan to shovel more of the felightful food into his mouth. Keeping what conversation he could between bites, and a full mouth. He watched the messenger and the hand signals, quite funny it seemed, but obviously it meant something important was happening. As the Lord of the Keep made a quick exit.

Glancing, almost worried at Detritus, he continued to eat. Perhaps his worries had come true. Perhaps a few heathen lords had found the news of return a little too crazy, and just had to come and see. He hoped there to be at least a bit of peace while he ate. He didn't want to whack off any heads.

Looking up at Det through a faceful of food, he sputtered-

"So, what do you think that was all about?"

-His head tipping quickly in the direction that both the messenger and the Sky Lord went off in.-

Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:51 pm
Stablehand

*Det sat impassive at the table, across from where Attero sat. Ignoring the heaping mounds of food brought by nervous servants, the elemental contented himself by slowly chewing on a few minor precious gems thoughtfully provided by some perceptive member of the staff. Picking at a wedge of tourmaline stuck between one of his back molars, Det could merely grunt at Archangel's departing words. Det delicately pulled the offending piece out of his teeth and, after giving it a cursory examination, turned his attention back to Attero.*

"I imagine more guests have arrived. Old friends would be good to see. However," he said, picking up a large topaz and munching on it thoughtfully, "I would prefer old enemies. I haven't had much of a challenge since returning to the realms, and my fists are aching for a fight."

Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:20 pm
Stablehand

Caelum passed by the feast hall as Detritus spoke, and decided to stop in for a moment. Taking a seat briefly at an empty chair, he addressed to two at the table.

"Lord Detritus, it's interesting that you mention old enemies. While I have serious doubts that any of them will show themselves at this little gathering... and why should they, for they are, as you indicated, enemies... a number of the former Warguard's old enemies have resurfaced in these lands."

As Detritus had apparently been back in the lands of Maxim for some time, it was Attero that was mostly being spoken too here.

"The Vlos Dchath, surprisingly, have come back to haunt the lands. Though you, Attero, will not remember them, I'm sure Detritus has ever-so-fond memories of our fight against them. They were the first guild that we ever raised arms against, though it was in a land long gone, under a banner long destroyed."

"The Regulators as well have holdings here, and of course perhaps our bitterest enemies, the Vurumai. All the while few of our former allies remain in this land still. And those that do remain have hidden themselves well."

"Either way, we are strangers in a strange land right now. There are many here who held no love for the former Warguard. And though we fly no banner, I'm sure there are some that would enjoy attemping to terrorize us regardless."

Sky Knight of WoR

Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:54 pm
Stablehand

Det nodded at Caelum's words, his white eyes flaring briefly at the mention of the Vlos and NV.

"You are right, I well remember the Vlos. A band of incompetent warriors who expected that because they publicized their inability to build a balanced army, they were exempt from the faith wars that still rage today," Det explained to Attero. "Quite possibly the least intelligent enemy we've faced, their stupidity only matched by their inability to accept defeat civily. I had not heard of their presence, for I have only returned to these lands recently as well, and have kept a low profile whenever possible."

"Though I am spoiling for a fight, I would prefer an honorable opponent. Scum like that deserves outright genocide - assuming they have not improved since our last conflict, long ago."

Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:13 pm
Stablehand

As the Archangel turned to escourt the two towards the feast hall, one of the winged servants slipped around the corner.

"Sire, the Lords Detritus and Attero have been speaking of the old wars. I thought perhaps you would wish to join them before their conversation became too embroiled to be halted. I shall take care of seeing our guests to the hall, after their rides have been taken care of."

Archangel nodded quickly, smiling. Talks of battles past were always interesting... Especially when there were no enemies present to offend with ones true feelings.

"I shall see you two presently. I hope you're both hungry."

He slipped quickly through the halls back to the feast hall, returning just in time to hear Detritus speak of one of the Warguard's (then known under a different name) first battles, with the Vlos Dchath.

"Well, it would seem that I have missed the beginning of this conversation. Hopefully I've missed little more then that."

Walking around the table, the Archangel retakes his seat, greatly intersested in what turn this conversation will take...

Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:57 pm
Stablehand

The time was fast approaching now. For what had seemed an eternity, the thoughts and dreams within him had remained silent. And through the quiet stillness he had gained something few could ever imagine existed. But it was not for him alone. There were others he needed to share this knowledge with.

Memories.

Memories of a past full of blood and pain began to fill his long empty soul. Only a trickle at first, the images and spectres of places and creatures he should know, but somehow did not, flowed like the sap of malevolence into him. As time passed they grew clearer, demanding recognition. Identity.

When the first flickering recognition of a long ago servitude crept to the forefront of his returning consciousness, he was at first in awe. Then, as he began to trace the lines and edges of the sigil, he grew fond of it and began to grasp it's true meaning. The sense of smallness was not in past servitude. Rather, it existed in it's surrounding and penetrating presence.

Could it be?

After all this time?

WoR

Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:51 pm
Stablehand

-Attero listened to the stories, half nibbling on a peice of chicken as he listened to what Caelum and Det were saying. He'd never heard the Vlos Dchath mentioned, and he never recalled a run in with the Regulators, but he felt a deep bitterness towards the Vurumai. Though it was not overly apparent. Glancing up from the peice of chicken as the Sky Lord returned-

"Interesting. Well, perhaps they may have a learned a little since then. Perhaps not. Perhaps in time, we shall see. That was before I came to these lands, for the name does not strike me as being familiar. I, too, am aching for some fun. It has been far too long...Honorable or not...just as long as there is at least some bloodshed."

-Glancing to Archangel.-

"Not too much. Det, Caelum, and I had just been catching up. Discussing the news, which brought up an old rival, it seems. Thus began the talk of beating up little heathens and taking their candy..."

-To that, Attero laughed heartily. Before taking a long drink from the glass before him. Such a meal this was. He hadn't seen so much food in such a long time. He had yet to see anybody else enter the room, and half wondered who had shown up. Perhaps a few random beggars looking for a place to stay? He returned to his food, half watching the door, half watching the other guests in the room.-

Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:30 pm
Stablehand

He sat quietly within a shell of interminable silence and sought to understand the implications that his visions were presenting to him. If they were indeed true, then his path was clear. There would be no turning away from the mission. There would be no room for doubt.

In his mind he caressed the image that stood before him. It lay wreathed in orange flame and yet did not seem to burn. Black metal, a darker hilt. The sword stood upright, thrust into a mound of darkened earth. Along the length of the blade were scribed runes in a language older than recorded memory.

And it sang to him.

It pulsated with energy, dark and tranquil. It was like a dam straining to hold back the tide. It was fear come alive. It was hate and purpose.

It was a little girl.

Innocent. Pristine kindness limned in hope and despair.

He studied it, attempted to learn what it was all trying to tell him. He hoped beyond hope that it was indeed the answer to the silence he had endured for so very long.

WoR

Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:18 pm
Stablehand

The Archangel looked around the room, for talk of old times always brought back fond memories. The times of old were sometimes the best times of all. As the group talked, the skies outside grew stormy, and the air cool. Something seemed to make the air heavy, and it was obvious that something was happening.

"I assume that those who showed up earlier were called off in need. Hopefully it is unrelated to that which is brewing in the air. I'm sure you can all feel that something is coming... something large. It may be best if we were to arm ourselves, for things in here may get very uncomfortable, very soon."

As he finished, lightening stabbed down from the sky, striking a tree near the window of the meeting hall. A faint rumbling shook the foundations, and it became apparent that whatever was happening would happen soon. Very soon indeed....

Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:52 am
Stablehand

And then it erupted.

All at once he was surrounded by light, twisting and turning in a circle of force that was irresistible. A cold chill was crawling up the length of his arm, wandering about as though consciously seeking something. He instinctively resisted the sensation, but a part of him embraced it as well. There was promise and dark assurance in the chill.

He felt the sinews and tendons in his flesh straining as a long forgotten sensation began to form within them.

Pain.

So long forgotten. Such sweet and bitter ecstacy. Pleasure and Pain. Sisters of twilight and dawn.

He revelled in them.

The light was becoming murky now. He could see variations in the light. Shadows began to play about like demons of air and wind, brushing him ever so tauntingly as they passed by. The sense of growing energy began to pulsate and churn around him.

As he began to grasp the whole of full consciousness, he began to take notice of details. Details like the icy chill air that flowed into lungs that should not be able to breathe. Details like the deathly blue pallor of his flesh, and the amazing strength flowing throughout. Details like the whirlpool of white, actinic energy forming around him like a sorcerous cocoon. And the sword.

The sword he clutched in a spindly hand, black and full of hate eternal.

I know you now. Soulbinder.

Echoless laughter. Malevolent and taunting, the demon spirit that was Soulbinder crooned and whined in perverse ecstacy. It was alive and free to ravage once more. Through his hand it would feast again.

We are one, you and I. But you will have no sustenance but that which I provide.

Soulbinder wrenched in his grip in argument and tried to flee his grasp. Just then the world exploded.

WoR

Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:06 pm
Stablehand

As the rumbling began to shake the hall ever so slightly, and even before his Lord managed to speak, Caelum was out of the room, dashing for the closest tower, ready to assess whatever threat approached. He hit the stairs at a dead run, taking them two at a time, and making the top in only seconds. Several guards had already made their ways to the edge of the walls, and were peering out over the stone to see what might show on the horizon.

Caelum muttered several arcane words, and like the change between night and day, his vision cleared, the darkness fading into nothingness. It was as if the sun had suddenly shown through the clouds, to him.

He quickly scanned the edges of the horizon, searching for any sign of what could be approaching. On his first pass, he saw no discernable shapes, but on his second sweep, he caught a faint line of something drifting into the air. Upon glancing closer, he was able to make out what it was.

Smoke was rising over a line of distant trees. Many lines of smoke. The type of smoke that would drift up from the camp fires of a very large approaching force... Such as an army...

Sky Knight of WoR

Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:36 am
Stablehand

-As he looked towards the Archangel, his eating slowed, for just a moment. He could feel something, though quite unsure as to what he was refering to. He never was the best when it came ot guessing games. Setting the leg or turkey upon his plate, he wiped his hands upon the napkin. Taking one last drink of ale before smiling to Det and Archangel. Standing, he glanced at one of the servants.-

"Run to my horse and bring me the sword there. Make haste..."-turning back to the other two at the table-"I figured there wouldn't be much rest...then again, that is what makes your company much fun....NEVER a dull moment..."

-He felt the rumble, bracing himself carefully upon the large table. Shaking his head. Couldn't they have waited until desert? I mean, come on. Anybody who was willing to dirupt dinner deserved to die a very merciless death. Then again, some of their greatest allies were ones who would do such a thing, just to make a grand entrance. He laughed to himself lightly. About this time, the servant he sent had returned, scabbard and sword in hand. He took these from the servant and leaned them gently against the chair next to him. He eased himself back into the chair, though perched. Ready to move at a moments notice.-

Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:19 pm