It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:58 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 A Family's Calling IV(closed/invite) 
Stablehand

He sat with his wife his hand always touching her gently or he would speak gently to her. He fed the girls when they needed to be and he just sat there his hand running through her hair.

Welll this is just a fine mess Spitfire I mean I know you like things with a bang but don't you think this is a little much. I am telling you rihght now you need to come out of this and open your eyes and look at me. Damn it I need to know you are going to be ok. Not because soemebody said you would be but because when I see those pretty eyes of yours meet mine then I will know. I am not letting you go do you hear me. I need you and Aidan and the gorls need thier Mama.

He would not leave her side he had done this before and just like then he would not leave her. He did not care about anything for himself he just made sure thier girls were taken care of.

Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:23 pm
Stablehand

Alec had woken from his short rest, much to his surprise it had been peaceful and fit, when he opened his eyes he felt as if he had slept for days on end and was feeling completely rejuvinated. Even a small amount of the worry he had been carrying seemed to slip away. So, rather than lay about for the remainder of the night, he made up his mind to find his sister, thank her for watching over him as even in his sleep he was aware of her presence, and then he would find Losa to congratulate the new father while trying to ease the fear that the husband part of him felt. Remembering his way back to the room that had been prepared for Kiara he found Losa just where Alec expected him to be, at his wifes side, and near the foot of the bed were the two bassinets that cradled Kiara and Losas baby girls. He had to see for himself that Kiara had not left the world as he slept, she might not have born of the same parents as he but she was still his sister just as much as Ariela was, and he was just as worried as if it had been Ari herself laying in that bed. Add to that he thought maybe he could keep Losa from thinking or fearing the worst about his wife, and he owed it to both Kiara and Losa to help as much as he could to keep Losa occupied. Kiara would have his head if he didn't at least try.

You know she can probably hear you, she's sleeping Losa that's all, her body needs to rest a little more and then she will be up and barking orders again. I wonder if she'll still want that knife she was demanding earlier....

Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:14 pm
Stablehand

He did not dare look up it would show he had been crying. He did not like that knowledge being known. He kept his head down close to her and spoke.

I know in my heart she is going to be ok she has to be. But its just not fully registered. Thank you for what you did earlier Alec I know how hard it must of been for you. I also know that there is no one other than you or my brother I would have trusted doing that. But I knew Con was needed doing what he was doing. Everything seems like a daze right now. Can you check on Aidan I mean I know he is fine with Aranor but there are so many new people around that it might be good for him to see one of his uncles that he sees more often. The girls are doing well, I just wish she would open her eyes even if she starts yelling for that damn knife at least I would know my wife was ok.

Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:16 pm
Stablehand

Yes your brother put himself at great risk for your wife, it's ironic isn't it? He and Kiara were barely on speaking terms yet he was there when she needed him, just as Condrik would sooner see Oriana dead but yet she was here to take over when Condrik couldn't handle anymore, and she did it such a way that no one was offended or even really noticed she was there. I know you probably don't want to hear it Losa considering how just about everyone blames the mage for many a thing, I just wanted you to know that there were more involved in saving your wifes life than just me and your brother. As for that boy of yours, I will gladly go to him, its been a while since he and I have had sometime together.

Clasping the mans shoulder then going to Kiaras beside he leaned down and kissed the top of the assassins fiery haired head the made his way to leave. Before closing the door behind him he spoke only briefly.

I'm sure Ariela will be stopping in once she wakes from her nap. There maybe be more than one reason to celebrate besides the girls and Kiara waking Losa, but I will leave that to your brother and my sister when the time is right. Your daughters are beautiful, you don't need to thank me, we're family and we all do what we can.

With that being said Alec closed the door leaving Losa to tend to his wife and he set out in search of his nephew.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:53 pm
Stablehand

He listened to Alec and just nodded he had kind of known Oriana was there but nothing had fully registered with him. He knew Con and Ari had come close together and all and that something seemed different in his brother. He smiled he did like Ari with Con even with that he would never forgive Rayne for what she put them all through especially his brother. Though it would surprise most that Con was there when needed it did not really shock him that much cause that is how Con is. But there was something definitely different about him the fierceness in how he was and the way Ari went right to him when needed. He smiled and just shook his head maybe there was something different that happened that day.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 pm
Stablehand

Location: one horse town in Kansas, well yes Kansas but dont see any horses here but plenty of Cows....
Aranor was still playing with the Aidan Damien had wondered off but had not left the house if one had looked for him Damien would be off curled up in a bed. He was holding Aidan and playing with him and he saw Alec. His dealings with Alec were not many but it was clear when Aidan's face lit up and his arms reached out.

Well I guess you rank above me in the boys eyes. How is everything I wanted to go check but did not want to leave Aidan with just anyone I mean we are all family and all but you know its not fair to the kid to dump him off on someone he dont know. I know a lot happened and I am still not sure of it. I know Oriana came and got Tierney as well so I assume she was in there helping. Its kind of odd how people you least expect to help together help together and things work out. I am going to have some stuff sent out to the cabin for Con and Ariela is there anythign that your sister does not like? I want to make sure they are taken care of also.

He knew things would get interesting with the family all together but he had no idea of just how interesting it was going to be. e smiled and handed the boy over it kind of amused him for as hulking of a man Alec was he was sure Aidan had him wrapped around his fingers.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Stablehand

Alec took the boy offered to him by Aranor and hoisted him in the air, both smiling, one whose eyes shone with sheer delight, the other whose eyes shone with pride. Bringing Aidan back down so the boy was rested on his hip, Alec addressed the questions put to him and the statements made.

I am quite sure just who you are referring to when you say how people come together in the time of crisis, but I have a pretty good idea. Condrik is Losas brother and regardless of his mishaps with Jade, I know he is man enough to look past them and do what is needed. Oriana, no matter who it has been has never been one to turn her back on someone in need, sometimes even when it compromised her own set of morals and values. The way I see it, everything this family as a whole has been through has in some off way brought us all together, and I truly believe that no matter what, we can all work through anything. As for my sister, well when she needs something she'll come out for it, she's always been like that, not used to anyone taking care of her. She has all she needs right now.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:45 pm
Stablehand

Location: one horse town in Kansas, well yes Kansas but dont see any horses here but plenty of Cows....
He laughed watching the man with the boy.

I knew Con would come through if needed that is just how my brother is. Certain things that have happened made people doubt who Con truly is inside but I know my brother better than that. He may not always get along with people but when it comes to family he would do anything. His and Losa's problems with Oriana are different but her and Kiara are friends and Losa would not even if he knew what was going on would have stopped her. There are only two people that I know of that my brother and cousin never want to see again and we will leave it at that. I just know that when Con wakes up he is going to be hungry whenever he takes on something big he is hungry so I figured I would send forth some food. I see how they look at each other and its nice to see it, yeah I tease Con but he is a lucky man. I would give anything to have someone look at me the way your sister does him. In fact that is one of the reasons why I am leaving and this gathering is taking place is for a woman i should have tried for long before this.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:55 pm
Stablehand

I could have stayed in bed and slept for days, and that is no exaggaration, I've done it before. But once the cobwebs from my sleep filled mind cleared I remembered that there were two darling little babies who needed fussing and fawning, and I remembered that their mama was so close to death, and I remembered how Condrik had been there to bring what peace he could to Kiara at great risk to himself. I also remembered my poor brother and how he turned as white as milk and fainted dead away once he realized what he had done. All of it was enough to snap me straight from sleep and make me bolt straight up, or least I had tried to but I found myself held down by strong arms and I couldn't help but settle back and inch closer to the body that went with those arms. Sighing I snuggled up to Condrik content to just stay the way we were for just a little longer, before it was time to go back.

How are you feeling pal?

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:15 pm
Peasant

He felt her go to bolt upand then snuggle closer to him. He grinned trying to make light of things not wanting to worry her with how he was actually feeling. He kissed her forehead.

You know love you get any closer you would have to be in my clothes. I am feeling ok I guess I am pretty tired still but I am also hungry. I am sorry if I worried you I knew what needed to be done and knew I needed to do it. I could not let Losa lose his wife nor aidan and the girls thier mama.

He looked at her and ran his hand through her hair. He was thinking about earlier and all that they had shared before all the craziness had taken place and he smiled.

I love you Ari

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:23 pm
Stablehand

What clothes pal? You think after what we did earlier I would still expect you to sleep in clothes when I know how much you like the feel of clean great smelling sheets on your skin?

It's so funny how I had never noticed even the smallest simpliest things a man does when he is content, especially when he is content with the woman at his side, and the same could be said for this woman. Condrik has this habit of keeping his hand in my hair gently running his fingers through the tresses, he used to have this look on his face that reflected love, but it also reflected that hunger I have seen so many times, like he were starving and nothing could fill him, but that look was gone while I watched him then. Now instead he looked at peace, happy and there was just something there that I can't put to words. As for me, well I noticed that I could breathe easier, that I smiled alot more, that I didn't constantly worry, that I too was at peace having found that part of me that had been missing. Missing and I hadn't even known it until I met my pal. And just then my pal was hungry again, only this time it was his stomach demanding to be filled.

I'll go get you something to eat pal, I want to check on Alec, Kiara and the babies anyway. They are the most beautiful little girls Losa, I swear one has flaming red hair like her mama and the other has hair just like Losa. I never really noticed just how wonderful babies are until I held those girls. Kiara and Losa are so blessed, we all are.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:44 pm
Peasant

He smiled at her and kissed her softly. If it had been anyone else that had said that and had brought him without his clothing well he would have probably thought them nuts but she was different. He grinned and looked at her. Damn no clothes but not much strength either. Not that I mind just holding you but what we shared earlier damn Ari I never remember feeling like that. Ah hell I do not know what to say. I am sure they girls are as pretty as can be I mean its not like they come from bad and ugly lineage. Now my kids will just be ugly that is all there is to it. I mean that is if I ever have kids. I would go up there with you but I do not think I could make it

He watched her he liked watching her. Just her movements alone were fun for him to watch. He smiled and just watched her. She was so much rolled into one for him, she was his best friend most of all and his love and now his lover. Somehow he knew it was more of a beginnning than an ending.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:56 pm
Stablehand

I just cannot see any of your children being ugly pal....

I slipped from his arms and our bed at this point and padded around the room looking for something suitable but not too uncomfortable to wear outside. Finding what I was looking for I dressed while talking and stealing quick glances at the man in bed now and then as I did.

You are too damn good looking for own good I think sometimes pal, so I cannot imagine your children being ugly, unless of course you decide to mate with an ape or some such creature and I hope you don't have any plans of doing that now or ever....

I laughed while I pulled my hair into a knot atop my head then plopped down on the bed beside him. That silence I talked about earlier introduced itself again when I could think of nothing to say, I was distracted I will admit by the images of a life I never thought about before, a life I never thought I had ever wanted. I saw myself sitting in bed propped against pillows holding my own newborn babe with the father sitting close beside us running a hand through my hair. I had to shake that image from my mind, as much as I know what Condrik and I have is real and pure, I still cannot allow myself to believe that life could one day be reality. Of course there are so many things I never believed would become reality for me yet they are. Again I had to stop myself from thinking too far ahead and I smiled at him so he wouldn't catch my daydream.

Alright pal, you need food. Tell me what you need and I will make sure to bring it to you before I make the rounds.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:14 pm
Peasant

He grinned watching her and reached out and touched her hands. He smiled as he looked at her damn why did she have to have this effect on him and why did it have to be when he could not do anything about it. He smiled thinking about things damn how could he have not seen it sooner. Well it did not matter now he had a woman that would stand beside him no matter what a woman who would be true to any undertaking they took. He smiled at that thought and thought about earlier before he passed out he had seen her with the babies and that had made him think.

Just let my brother Aranor know and he will know what to send. Ans bring it after you make your rounds love I can wait that long. Especially since what I also need is you. But without all that cloting and with your hair down I like your hair that way. So were you thinking about anyting interesting love?

Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:27 pm
Stablehand

My thoughts are my own for now Condrik, you know I do not keep secrets from you save for the ones that all women keep, ones that they have had since they were little girls, mine were just borne later in life. I will share them with you one day pal, but not yet.

I couldn't tell him what I had been thinking, not then, oh he did learn what those thoughts were eventually, but at that moment I simply could not tell him what I had seen in my daydream. His love for me was not, is not fleeting, and I believed with all my heart that I was meant to be with this man but I would not rush something so important, so life altering, even if he only asked for my thoughts, giving voice to those thoughts would have to wait.

You can tell me what you were thinking though can't you or is this one of those moments where we will have to trade one thought for the other?

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:01 pm
Peasant

He smiled and looked at her. He shrugged and trued to sit up some more. He witha grin just looked at her. I was just thinking about things is all. Now if you are going to go check on Alec and Kiara and the babies and bring me back food before I starve to death you will need to go soon. Some things may just need to be left as our own thoughts it would seem. But I am sure all will be shared someday. I mean after all who else do i get to tell everything too besides you and my brother? I want you to come back after making the rounds cause I want to know how everyone is doing and all too. With as late as it is I am thinkng I will not see anyone well other tna you until tomorrow.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:36 am
Stablehand

Oh she hurt, and she was so tired, but the heavy sleep she had been in lifted allowing her to open her eyes, to function at least enough to see her husband and all three of her children. For a while she really thought she was going to die, and when the darkness took hold her very last thoughts were of her Angel, she couldn't leave him, not until they were both old and grey and bouncing great grandchildren on their knees. It felt like an eternity in which she fought that darkness, her body may have rested but her mind was reeling, fighting every step of the way to make it back to her world. And when she finally arrived her green eyes fell upon the two cradles at the end of her bed, her fingers closed around the warm hand she felt, and her eyes diverted their attention to the man whose head was resting in the crook of her arm. Swallowing trying to wet her throat her free hand went to his hair smoothing it down, her eyes welled with tears when she realized how close she came to losing everything that she lived for.
In typical Kiara fashion she made light of the entire play of events by teasing her husband in the most gentlest of ways.

My guess is you haven't slept yet have you Angel? You did remember that our children needed to be fed didn't you?

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:03 am
Stablehand

He felt her hand in his hair and a few tears fell onto her arm. He heard her and he took a breath. He knew then that she would be ok, she was everything to him and he knew his life would not be a life if it did not have her in it. That was something that had been clear from almost the moment they met. He buried his head in her.

The girls have eaten and Alec and Aranor have taken care of Aidan. The girls ate not too long ago. No I have not slept, I could not sleep until I knew that you were not leaving me Spitfire. I tried but I could not keep my eyes closed knowing how close I was to... to losing you. Do you need anything love you probably should not go too far not with the stitches and all.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:10 am
Stablehand

Are you ever going to believe me when I tell you that everything will be alright? Really Losa Shadow just once would it kill you to listen to your wife?

He had been crying that much was obvious and she knew how much he hated to show emotion in that way, he still had this idea in his head that crying was a sign of weakness, but she truly believed with all her heart that tears were the sincerest form of prayer, that when you hurt so much your tears fall speaking in silence saying the words one could not give voice to. The same could be said when one was so happy that they were to the point of tears and those tears were a sign of thanks.

How does it feel to breathe again Angel? Guess I scared you good this time huh? I'm sorry love, I guess I'm just not good at the whole bringing babies into the world thing, kinda funny isn't it? I can do most things better than any man but when it comes down to doing something that women have been doing since the beginning of time well I just flat out suck at it. What I need Losa is for you to bring me our babies, all three of them. I need to see my little man Losa, Aidan is not used to strangers, I know they are your family love but my baby doesn't know all of them, and I know he knows something is wrong. I need to see him so he knows his mama didn't leave him in a strange place. And our little ladies need to at least know they have a mama. Speaking of our little ladies love, I know you said we could name one Krystyna, but what of the other? I know your probably going to put your foot down on this one Losa, but I know what Alec, did for me, I could hear you, all of you and in my head I was screaming like a mad woman over it and I know he wished he was dead just then too. I was thinking maybe we could name the other Hunter? It's alright if you don't want to, it was just a thought.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:29 am
Stablehand

He looked at her and touched her face gently.

Kiara you would not have been alright not without everyone else involved. I will believe you that everything will be alright at a time when you do not come so close to death. Yes you scared me good this time, I just can not picture my life without you Kiara, funny at the beginning we would sooned be happier to kill the other one and now I do not know what I would do if anything happened to you. And you are rigt I am going to put my foot down that other baby is mine to name and it is not getting named Hunter I will not have a child named Hunter, and plus she already has a name. I will bring the girls up after I get Aidan I do not want you doing too much without someone here. And it was not just Alec that did something for you Alec said Oriana was here and I do not remember that, and Condrik well we wont even go into that one. I bet Ari is fussing all over that man now.

He left in search of his kid just his being out of the room would let people know she was ok cause any that knew him knew that he would not leave her side. He walked over and collected his son and looked to Alec before doing so. Aidans Mama is awake and is laying claim to all her children. And I think if I do not do as see says she might go looking for a knife.

As soon as he was back in the room he gathered up the children and brought them over to her. He smiled and leaned and kissed her.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:40 am
Stablehand

She had to laugh at the way her husbands eyes almost bulged out his head at the mention of naming one of their daughters Hunter, she knew it wouldn't go over well with him but still she had to try even if it were only to see the look on his face. When she laughed she had to wince, her body was screaming at her and that she knew was normal, any wound would be, and she knew too that once the incisions healed she would have yet another scar to add to the list. She waited for Losa to bring her all her children and immeadiately took Aidan in her arms. Her bright eyed baby boy snuggled up to her while Losa positioned him so that he wasnt resting on her "ouchie" as Aidan put it, and she could see that her son was past ready for bed. She held onto him breathing in his sweet baby boy smell, even if he was nearly two and walking and talking in his little boy language she had to cradle him like she did when he was but a babe and she whispered a lullaby to him until he was fast asleep then nodded to Losa to take him and lay him down in the little bed opposite her own. Someone obviously knew she would want her entire family with her when she woke. Once Aidan was settled in she took each one of her girls in her arms and for the longest time she could only stare at each one memorizing their newborn little faces, their scents and she noticed one had hair as red as her own while the other had hair as blonde as her fathers. Running her chin along her little redheads hair she whispered to her daughter that her name would be Krystyna then to the other she whispered how much she loved her and hoped her papa gave her a good name. Looking up at Losa she raised a brow.

Just what have you decided to name my blonde haired wonder? And I know Condrik and Oriana were here, I know what they did for me, do not think I do not appreciate your brothers aid Losa, I do and I will thank him myself when the opportunity presents itself, that is if Ariela will allow me near him any time soon. I'm sure she is fussing and fawning over him like the sun rises and sets around him, and she should, he deserves it. They both deserve to be happy, just as happy as we are...

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:55 am
Stablehand

He watched her with the children and put Aidan to bed when he was ready and he just grinned. He waited and watched his wife soon it would be his turn to sleep but not yet. He had to help her with the girls and all. He watched his family and he was content at where he sat.

He smiled when she asked what her blonde haired wonders name was and he just grinned. Well I named her after her uncles. With what they both did I thought it was only right Alexis Connie Shadow. I thought it fit her as well. I hope you like it, more so I hope the guys do not mind. I figure when you are feeling up to it my aunt will make a big fuss over things that is just how she is. And we will have to endure all of that as well, you will definitely need strength for that one. And before all that happens I do need some sleep, but only after I get you whatever you need. Damien is curled up in a bed asleep and Oriana took Tierney.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:05 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3