It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:51 pm

ISLAND OF THE MASTABAS xpanding into Fides Territories... 
Stablehand

Post ISLAND OF THE MASTABAS xpanding into Fides Territories...
He was not impressed. Invasions to the left and right. And no formal declaration of war. His pigeons came back with no reply and he was growing restless... He had hoped to dissolve this peacefully but the ball would rest in their court. He would wait a while longer.

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm
Stablehand

Kyoji was visiting a new palisade around a fort on the edge of his kingdom. The previous invasion by the dead of Darden had shown a need for new defensive measures. Over the horizon, Kyoji saw smoke. It came from one of his battlements. Little Kami were dispatched too find out what the meanign of the fire was. A short while later the Kami returned.

"There is news Kyoji-sama, battle on three fronts, but victory on two. It is Isonians Lord Kyoji"

Kyoji nodded and turned back tot he building in front of him. He summoned a small bit of magic to speed up it's production. Turning back to the Kami which had not been dismissed, "Is there news from Fides of a guild war?" The Kami shook its head. "Have we been declared on?" Again it shook it's head.

"The skirmishes were brief. We were only advanced upon thrice by the attackign armies. They have settled on our former territory and appear content."

Kyoji nodded, "Send word to the conscripts, and get me in contact with Deicide."

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:01 pm
Stablehand

Devius sat in his private chambers, listening to reports of victories and losses on the battlefront against NV. Then he recieved word of Isonians moving on Fides randomly without declaration of war. Devius was disgusted. Such warmongers the Isonians must be, to just take land as they please without formal declaration of war, and against such a much smaller target, how pitiful. Devius hoped the situation would be settled peacefully, but he knew better. Hopefully IOM would not be so small as to hit Fides at their moment of weakness, surely they would not make such an atrocious downhit. But then again, Devius did not trust the followers of Isonia for anything. He sat down and drew up a scribe to Fides.

I have heard of your troubles with the realms of Isonia. Hopefully it will end in a peaceful manner, but I doubt that. Please contact me if these attacks do not cease, I cannot bear to watch such a downhit on anyone from the Isonians.

Devius sent a messenger off with the scribe, and prayed that the matter would be resolved without war. He could not sit and watch the Isonians grow fatter with land, downhitting Fides, but there was little he could do, his forces were already spread thin, and his nations weakened by constant war. He needed peace, a chance to rest and regroup, but he knew that may never come.

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:19 pm
Stablehand

"Gheleyn! We've got a dispatch for you. Came by Pigeon." The younger boy slipped inside and dropped it onto the desk. He withdrew, hoping that Gheleyn would open it in his presence. If it came by pigeon, it must have been important.

Gheleyn looked up to the boy and laughed, 'You can go, son.' He knew why the boy remained. He hoped to know something before anyone else did. On a ship, gossip was as good as gold. Gheleyn watched as the boy reluctantly left the cabin.

Dropping the smile that he wore as a matter of course, he tapped the dispatch with an idle forefinger. Looking out his cabin window, the sea stretched into the blue yonder. Somewhere behind that was the land he had paid for in something worth more than gold. Faith. Gheleyn didn't need to open the dispatch to know what it contained. Isonia, or at least the man who let Gheleyn call Mastabas home, needed him.

Without a further thought, he pulled his eyes from the window and drew the dispatch to him. He broke the seal with his thumb, sliding the wax to his desk. He unfolded the paper, and begun to read.

Gheleyn, you cantankerous bastard. You're hard to find. I need you, and your fleet. Meet me at the mainland. And bring your priests. The troops need morale. Faith will make us strong. A stylized symbol was the only signature.

It had been a long time, and once, Gheleyn might have known more. But peace had been so long an aspect of Gheleyn's life that he wasn't sure he could get back into the politics. But orders, when formed as a request of Faith, did not need questions.

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:12 pm
Stablehand

Wind rustled her skirt as she stood high on the wall of her castle, overlooking her kingdom. The glow of fires raging against the evening sky irritated her more than anything. The land lost was mostly uninhabited, but she was finding that the Isonians were acting dishonorably, and that angered her most of all.

Had the land been won in a war, she would have understood. As it was, it was a snivelling upstart kingdom who seized the land that was under construction and then fled to the Mastabas for protection.

Sephrenia hadnt been here for long, but she was beginning to recognize that if she were to play this game, she would have to play by the same rules the Isonians did, or there would be no fairness.

That chafed her most of all.

Lost in thought, she hardly noticed the page that appeared at her side and bowed. "M'lady, the letter has been prepared. Care you to read over it before we send it?"

Nodding, she took the first letter and read it.

"To the Lord Hawk, of the Isle of the Mastabas,
I bid thee greetings.

It has come to my attention that you are to blame for the attack upon my kingdom. I have you to thank for the loss of 2818 acres of my kingdom while we were preparing defensively. Congratulations on your preemptive strike. I hope you enjoy the land while you have it.

At present, you have two options. You immediately surrender 3000 acres to me, or I will come and take them.

The second alternative will be far less pleasant. The choice is yours. You have 24 hours.

-Sephrenia WingRider
Fides"

The letter had been dictated to a scribe and then recopied, the original placed in her vault. It met her approval. The second letter was to the lord of the Mastabas.

"To the Lord of the Mastabas, I bid greetings.

I apologize that one of your members has had a slight altercation with me. While under your banner, he has stolen nearly 3000 acres from me. I intend to have it back, one way or another.

Id prefer that you work with me to engineer a painless transfer of lands, but as I have already informed the offending party, I will take what is mine if an agreement is not met in 24 hours.

If in such time I have not heard from Sir Hawk, a message from you will be acceptable. If I have not heard from either of you...

I am only seeking the return of what is mine. Please prove to me that not all of Isonia nor the Isle of the Mastabas is as dishonorable as the actions of Sir Hawk have shown me.

-Sephrenia WingRider
Fides"

She again nodded her approval. With a quick bow the messenger was off with them to be delivered immediately.

24 hours...With a sigh, the waiting began.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:36 am
Stablehand

Her tongue clicked irritably against the roof of her mouth as she paced back and forth in her office. She had given ample warning. She had tried diplomacy. She had tried reasoning. She had tried simply asking.

They had not heeded her warning.

It had not been her intention to enter into this affair for blood. She had simply asked for the return of what was taken. It was, to her, a reasonable request that any decent person would have fulfilled in the name of honor.

It was apparent that Sir Hawk had none, nor did the guild he belonged to.

"Mastabas," she hissed under her breath.

The problem is that being of a guild herself, Sephrenia was not certain if her actions would bring harm to her guild. But on the other hand, since they had failed to protect her, she was sorely tempted to take matters further into her own hands. There was once a time that being in a guild meant that you were exempted from attacks by another alliance. It seemed to mean little here.

Sephrenia couldnt blame her guild too much, though. It would appear these attacks were wide spread through out the entire realm. And, the attacks she had thought finished had begun again new in her realm. The losses now mounted to about five thousand acres. Dishonorable indeed.

The letters had met with no response. Urgent posts had been delivered and with no response. More than three times the time she had promised had been allotted. She was satisfied that she had made every attempt to resolve the conflict peacefully, but there seemed no end in sight.

Her response should come as no surprise, but still her morals made her send a missive anyhow.

"To Lord Hawk of the Mastabas,

You have failed to heed my warning, make an apology, or attempt any sort of concession. You, sir, are in the wrong, as is your guild who is condoning your violent actions.

I have promised that I will retake what you have stolen from me. I shall make good on that promise now.

When you are ready to talk, the attacks will cease. Otherwise, I will not stop until you are dead. The choice is yours.

-Lady Sephrenia WingRider"

With the letter sent, Sephrenia proceeded to make good on her promise, using every means at her disposal. Determination was a powerful ally. Sir Hawk would soon learn what it meant to be on the receiving end of her determination.

And all over a petty matter of a few acres...Sephrenia regretted the loss of life that would ensue, and said a silent prayer to her ancient god for the souls of those who would lose their lives because of the Isonian's greed and selfishness.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:56 pm
Stablehand

The white wolf looked with great interest at the report before him. It seemed such a waste... for IOM to be relieving Fides of lands without due cause. Fides was, no doubt a smaller power. What amused him more, however was the spirit shown by the one known as Wingrider.

It never ceased to amaze Palatus what those under pressure will do, or how great can be their resolves. Such spirit is desirable, even from an enemy. He scratched his chin slightly and leaned back in his chair, with only the light of a dying fire to illuminate his shadowy features...

Perhaps it is due time for the resolve of the weaker to be tested against the refining fire of the stronger. He thought. Perhaps the inevitable conflict will spread even farther... Towards the ministry? This could not be allowed. Measures needed to be taken. The only question was... what measures.

AGM ~ MoS ~ WAR

Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:34 pm