It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Tavern of the Almighty (OAFS) IV - open 
Stablehand

Toph had, for lack of a better word, been... traveling. Yes, thats right. He had been traveling without moving anwhere. And, as Toph's vision slowly cleared and his senses returned, he realized that in here, his lenghy hiatus from the here and now had gone... relatively unnoticed. Although Toph did know that he was prone to sitting in the corner often, sipping his wine slowly, and watching the younger races bustle about their lives.

Toph couldnt say why he had left. It had been an interesting few months before he had left, and with everything that had happened, he had needed a break. So, there he had sat, oblivious to the world, and... things had changed. Toph blinked and looked around him, noticing old faces and new. It was good to be back. Toph got to his feet and wandered over to Guppy.

"Hey, Old Friend. Good to see you again. Looks like a number of us are finally making our way back here."

Toph would have said more, but a muffled cry for help from Marine surprized him, and he wheeeled just in time to see Marine dissapear... rather... unpleasantly.

"Oh, not this again." Toph muttered. He had thought that once they had gotten inside, Marine's problems would have been finished. Clearly, that was not the case. Toph reached back along the tenative connection between Marine and himself, and... tugged. There was some resistance, but Toph could definitely feel Marine returning from wherever he had been pulled.

Toph had not been idle while he had been gone. He had learned much in the other planes he had visited, and now, now was the time to put it into practice. Suddenly, with an audible *pop* Marine reappeared.

"Marine. Whats going on? All these necromantic forces clearly want you dead. But why?"
Toph paused, grimacing as the unseen forces began pulling harder.
"I dont know exactly how long I can keep you here, but it should be enough to figure out some way to make this all stop.

I think."

Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:01 pm
Stablehand

Entering the tavern, a hoard of new faces washed over Ravan, muttering unde his breath, he sighed, this is what comes from taking a vacation, he thought. Looking through the bodies that were throughout the place, Ravan could see no easily recognizable faces. Shrugging to himself, he went over towards where the fire was and started to heat himself up again after his long trek to get here.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:42 pm
Stablehand

Ahhhhh, this is the life. I'm definately glad to be back with my friends here.

*A scribe runs into the room and whispers in Arthur's ear*

Looks like the heathens really gave us a run for our money last war. I think we will have to set up a counter offensive soon. *sigh* I remember the carefree days of my youth. Never having to worry about who killed who, how much taxes to levy, no need to lead troops; just footloose and fancy free. Oh well.

Scribe! Tell my counsulors to start rebuilding the city quickly. If we aren't up to twenty thousand acres within the week, you're heads are going to be on a platter.

*The scribe scurries out of the room to fulfill the orders*

Well, hun, how have things been around here? Any big news recently?

And you, Nagash, you dog. What have you been up to this past year? Anything exciting going on?

Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:31 pm
Stablehand

Everyone is sitting around having a jolly 'ol time. Arthur guzzles ale by the pint, occasionally goosing Teva, when suddenly a strange look comes over his face.....a half grin of sorts.
Oh, Teva! I do you remember this?

*he reaches down his pants, Teva looking shocked, and begins pulling something out*

It's long, and rather hard. :-D I bet it's grown even since the last time you've seen it. Yes, that's right....My CUCUMBER! *Arthur holds the cucumber high*

SIR!!!!!! *Arthur's scribe bursts into the door, stands stunned for a moment, shakes it off, and walks up to Arthur*

We've completed the task at hand. 21 thousand acres.....above and beyond your order. We're in the process of building on it right now. What forces shall we hire to defend us, sir?

Do I have to tell you everything?! Think for yourself for a change! *Arthur smacks his scribe with the exceptionally large cucumber* Tell those advisors they should already know what to fort, and if they don't fort correctly, I'll feed them to one of my undead friends over there in the corner.

Yes sir! Will do. *the scribe turns on his heels, leaving for the kingdom once again. Arthur glances back at his cucumber and gasps!*

IT'S BENT!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! GET HIM BOYS! I WANT EVERY LAST DROP OF BLOOD SUCKED FROM HIM! BASTARD BENT MY CUCUMBER!!!!!

*Arthur begins sobbing*

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:19 pm
Stablehand

Oh my Arthur why a large cucumber you have! Been a while since I last seen your cucumber. Teva blushes from ear to ear.
Teva then climbs on top of the table to annoouce that King Arthur is back..
Hear Ye Hear Ye! Ladies and Gentlemen lets all raise our mugs in the air and Welcome King Arthur back home! Mugs raise high in the air then all drank.

Teva climbs back down off table then begins talking again with Nagash and Arthur concerning war tactics. Teva bascially listen to all the 2 men have to say rather than imput her own ideas. War tactics was not Teva best subject she allowed her handy right hand person to handle such inquiries or follow Nagash orders.

As the people talked around Teva all she could do was think about Trout fishing.
Anybody up to trout fishing?[quote][/quote]

OAFS

Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:57 pm
Stablehand

SIR! SIR! Our lands have been invaded! We have nothing left! Stripped of twenty thousand acres of land in minutes! The fires!

*Arthur looks up at the scribe in the doorway*

Well, Teva, I believe now is the time to get to our kingdoms. I enjoyed visiting here, but this will have to be handled myself.

Vampires, come with me, you shall feast on foret flesh tonight!

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:53 pm
Stablehand

Teva gulps down her drink after hearing about the lands being invaded. Rises from table Well men I think its time for me to go. Reaches into pocket for faerie dust. With dust Teva sprinkles over herself to trans form into little burgandy faerie. With wings fluttering she winks at Nagash then flys away.

OAFS

Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:02 pm
Stablehand

Riding on her steed back to the tavern, Teva realizes the war for long and hard on her troops. She lost alot good men in this war but all for a good cause. Her men did not die in vain. Teva reaches the main road to the tavern looks foreward at the lights shining from the tavern. It seems that tavern never did close during war. As she gets close she hears laughter and music. Reaching the taverns doors Teva dismounts from her steed. pats on the ass to go feed. Walking throught the doors of Tavern gets that safe and lovly feeling. Walks upto the bar,Barkeep One Berry Juice with twist of ale, please!While waiting for drink Teva looks around to see if there is anyone here that looks familiar.

OAFS

Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:09 pm
Stablehand

Long battles and strong foes destroyed Wonderland, laying waste to it. Arthur, weary from battle, returns to the Tavern of OAFS.

Hi there Teva! I see you've returned, too. I hope you have faired better than I. Alas, I have not the will right now to rejoin the battles. I shall enjoy the beer here in the Tavern until such a time that I feel I can lead an army again.

*Arthur hands over his fishing rod to Nagash for the time being*

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:07 pm
Stablehand

(OOC: Completely new to this game, this guild and posting, so sorry if its terrible, but it hink they've been penalizing me turns for not posting...)

A stranger comes into the tavern with his fishing rod over the shoulder, looking fresh and new, and timidly stops to introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm richard" he says "From Finlandia, nice to meet you guys."

He orders himself a beer, and goes over to a table to sit and observe to goings on.

Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:53 pm
Stablehand

*tosses the new guy a cucumber*

Feel how long and cool it is. The women like them cucumbers, so first thing to do around here is get a garden going. Would ya care for an ale?

*the newcommer nods his head, looking very confused at the strange gentleman with the crazyish hair*

Hey, barkeep! Give this young man an ale! *Arthur tosses a coin up to the barkeep, he notices the strange look the kid keeps giving him*

Yeah, you think I look kinda crazy now, you shoulda seen be when I returned from my wars overseas. Dear god, I was a Mad Hatter (still am at times* Anyway, what's your story?

Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:52 pm
Stablehand

After wandering these new lands, Ayrean entered the Tavern. Not sure of what he would find, he looked around cautiously then proceeded to the bar asking the barkeep for a mug of yill.

The barkeep looked at him strangely and said, "A mug of what?"
Ayrean looked at the man and repeated himself. The barkeep, not knowing what Ayrean was talking bout, poured him a mug of ale. Ayrean took a drink and said, "this is good yill!" and thanked the man.

He then walked to a table in the corner, took off his travelling gear then sat down. Viewing the others in the Tavern and listening to thier chatter, he decided to stay for a time. Not having much rest as of late, Ayrean felt like drinking his fill for a change. Retrieving a map from his girth, he figured this would be a good time to review the plans for improving his land..................

Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:23 am
Stablehand

Ooc: Ok all that had happend with this character (demons and all) DIDN'T happen (ok maybe a few things did), since my whole plot and was-to-be new thread went in smoke when the gods left. Few tweaks with my character :wink: ......Oh no where is my blue colour?? :cry:

Marine felt a gentle tug around his midriff and suddenly felt himself falling through empty air, returning back into the tavern, into reality and with a thump, landed on the floor next to Toph. Looking up at Toph, then at his immediate surroundings, Marine saw that the tavern seemed to look the same as last time, with just less patrons than normal and with a deep sigh, Marine got up and spoke to Toph, while checking that all his body parts were working and no gear of his missing.

"Hello Toph and thanks for the pull. I have no idea, what in the name of the rod was attacking me, however I think after that encounter, I am going to be left in peace"

Ooc: Oh here is my colour :D . Why isnt it displayed on the ^font colour option^

Smiling, Marine saw some new patrons at the tavern with some drinks at hand and thinking to himself, how good it was to have some new members.

High Elven Archer of the Twilight Forest
~OAFS~

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:30 am
Stablehand

Teva smiles as she watches King Arthur show the new guy his long cucumber. Nothing has changed for sure around here.

While sitting at the bar Teva notices in the distant that Troph and Marine are here as well. Good to see them.

Teva takes a sip of her drink and watches everyone from the bar. Its amazing how everyone falls back into place once warring is over. Everyone lost a few good men from their troops but it dont stop them from mingling and rebuilding.
Thinking about the good men she lost and their families, the famalies will be cared for by Teva and other men. No one will be left behind. Plenty of food and love to go around.

OAFS

Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:07 am
Stablehand

Toph blinked as Marine assured everyone that everything was fine, and things were perfectly ok.

"you... but... what?" Toph stammered for a moment... Marine had just been SWALLOWED by the FLOOR, and here he was saying everything was fine? Well... ok.

Toph looked around. Aside from the rather... gaping hole in the floor, things appeared to be running smoothly in the inn. Toph quickly summoned a few of his walking brooms, left over from the construction of the alehouse (what an adventure THAT had been) and they quickly went to work repairing the floor. Hopefully, soon, no necromantic traces would be left anywhere near here.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:29 pm
Stablehand

Looking up from his map after hearing a loud thump, Ayrean knew that sorcery was at work in the Tavern as he saw a man pop out of nowhere ending up on the floor.

Seeing that his drink was empty, he walked over to the barkeep to get another drink. He then ask the man behind the bar if he could tell him the names of some of the patrons here at the moment. The man was glad to give the names, afterwards Ayrean walked over closer to the others and introduced himself.

"Good Day to you, I'm called Ayrean, nice to meet you all. I'm new to these lands, but if there is anything I can help you with, I'll do my best to try!" Feeling as if he was once again a shy boy, he returned to his table.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:52 pm
Stablehand

After wandering the barren wastelands and being forced out of his home many times, almost dead from dehydration he wanders unaware into the tavern. As he sits down on a small chair in the corner he scratches his pointy ears, exhaustion sets in.

After the tiring walk he slowly drifts in to a deep sleep as he listens to the conversations taking place around him. As sleep dulls his senses and he gives in to exhaustion he decides to stay for the time being.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:40 pm
Stablehand

Altrone makes his way across the tavern, after getting an ale he finds his usual table, hidden away in a dark corner, just the way he likes it.

Soon he removes a dusty scroll from beneath his robe and lays it across the table. A smirk forms on his face as he surveys the lands that have become his, the building has been going smoothly and his army is always taking new land from the heathens.

Finally he just leans back in his chair and thinks of how proud he is to be a part of such a mighty guild, soon he falls into a sleep.

Altrone OAFS,TDoD.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:06 pm
Stablehand

Arthur suddenly is gone......no trace of where he went, or how it happened.........

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:12 pm
Teh Spam!

Nagash returned to the tavern with a few huge trouts on his back.
He'd been fishing for his beloved: KingArthur.

But as he returned to the tavern, Arthur suddenly was gone!
He tossed the fish towards Ayrean, and jumped up 8 feet.

" ARTHY!!!! Where are you?!?!? "

He heard nothing and started running around in panic.
Where was Arthur?
And why did the tavern smell of chicken soup?

Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:09 am
Stablehand

With all the noise being made, Altrone is awoken from his sleep. Seeing Nagash running around like a beheaded chicken Altrone approaches from the side and smacks Nagash in the head with a large trout.

"calm down man, your starting to freak me out" is all Altrone says.

Altrone OAFS,TDoD.

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:11 pm
Stablehand

Hearing a loud yell, Ayrean looks up just in time to see a few Huge Trout inches away from landing on the floor. He dives for the fish, knowing that Nagash would be very irritated if they hit the floor. With not a second to spare, the fish were saved.

While still on the floor, Ayrean saw from the corner of his eye another man approach Nagash and thump him aside the head with one of his own Trout. Ayrean quickly rose to his feet and asked Nagash, "Are you ok my Leader?"

Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:02 am
Stablehand

Mystic studied the landscape out the window, while new patrons entered and exited the busy tavern. Dusk was slowly falling, while the moon and the brightest starlight began to shine and twinkle, illuminating shadowed paths, behind threatening clouds. Mystic shifted his gaze to the commotion that had erupted in the tavern, catching site of a few flying trouts and a diving Ayrean, hands outstretched for the flying projectiles. Mystic chuckled, while the whole tavern was in an uproar over the new event, thumping mugs and spilling ale all over tables and chairs, laughing while holding onto sore ribs. Mystic padded across the tavern towards the cookery, passing a very red faced Altrone and a dazed Nagash, supported by a very concerned Ayrean, while catching a waft of chicken soup.

"Evening, I happen to have snatched the scent of some chicken soup and I see by your spit, you got some nicely roasted pork. Two rounds please and I will be seated by the white tapestry, thank you."

Mystic dropped two gold coins and some silver onto the counter and proceeded towards the vacant table which sat alongside a velvet white tapestry which bore the guilds coat of arms.

High Elven Archer of the Twilight Forest
~OAFS~

Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:37 am
Stablehand

Sheepy awoke from his deep long dreamless sleep only to hear the gallivanting around him. He opens his eyes to survey the situation. He notices a stunned and confused Nagash and exhausted Ayrean standing still in the center of the very noisy tavern. Suddenly his eye catches sight of Mystic enjoying a hot bowl of chicken soup and some ribs. Sheepy feeling the pains of hunger setting in stands up and ever so quietly slips over to a pot of boiling water over some hot red coals.

He turns to look at the barkeep who proceeds to nod his head. Sheepy then pulls out a piece of clothe with some herbs and spices in it and a mug of some kind carved out of hardened oak wood. He adds the hot water and herbs into the cup counting the drops. He then pulls out a scroll and surveys it while sipping his drink with a large grin on his face. :D

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next